Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
if u think about it death and suffering of millions if actually good becuz...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
war HUH what is it good for
absolutely nothin

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

That is the official Warhammer 40k Commissar coat and Servo Skull tape measure.

thats a cool coat, the red should be darker though. maybe a maroon? shorten the cuffs and lose the belt strap thingy and i think we might be in business

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Darkman Fanpage posted:

that's cool man why dont you tell us who else youd gently caress the thread is dying to know

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7NitmzzZX8&t=9s

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

apologies for not being with it but how the gently caress did feels good man pepe become associated with alt-right trolls

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Mycroft Holmes posted:

peanut president i am so sorry. i just saw a thread asking if Donald Trump is the new Jimmy Carter.

Republicans have been trying to label Obama the next Jimmy Carter for as long as he's been president. Romney was supposed to be the second coming of Reagan but that didn't work out so they settled for Trump.
The Carrier deal will be their Iran hostage crisis.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

Republicans have been trying to label Obama the next Jimmy Carter for as long as he's been president. Romney was supposed to be the second coming of Reagan but that didn't work out so they settled for Trump.
The Carrier deal will be their Iran hostage crisis.

If we're going to have history mirror itself, then we need an actor who tows a fairly hardline but is warm and personable enough to make it seem appealing. My first thought is getting Mark Ruffalo, but let's see if we can't come up with something better.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Gio posted:

apologies for not being with it but how the gently caress did feels good man pepe become associated with alt-right trolls

Well there's two possibilities:

1) pepe has always been a generic 4chan meme, and so when they got behind trump they naturally incorporated him into that effort. Hillary calling pepe a "hate-icon" or whatever was stupid, because they also used trollface, fry, confession bear, and all the other normal memes in their discussions

2) pepe served as a visual avatar of the ancient eygpytian deity kek, from whom the 4chan community summoned reality-altering powers in order to install their joke candidate as overlord, thus explaining the ridiculousness of our current timeline

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Slenderman

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Gio posted:

he became a meme on 4chan and from there became an avatar of the alt-right on /pol/. also he's the modern manifestation of the egyptian god kek

https://pepethefrogfaith.wordpress.com/

the ancient gods live

The_Book_Of_Harry
Apr 30, 2013

Darkman Fanpage posted:

he became a meme on 4chan and from there became an avatar of the alt-right on /pol/. also he's the modern manifestation of the egyptian god kek

https://pepethefrogfaith.wordpress.com/

the ancient gods live

Did you pre-order A.T.L Carver's self help book?

I will admit, the articles were entertaining and informative enough. I'm curious as to the content, whether it looks like cognitive-behavioral therapy or "The Prayer of Jabez"

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
no but it's pretty cheap so i might get it. i believe in the old gods so sure why not.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

The_Book_Of_Harry posted:

Did you pre-order A.T.L Carver's self help book?

I will admit, the articles were entertaining and informative enough. I'm curious as to the content, whether it looks like cognitive-behavioral therapy or "The Prayer of Jabez"

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

trump looked so younger just a few years ago.

The_Book_Of_Harry
Apr 30, 2013

Darkman Fanpage posted:

trump looked so younger just a few years ago.

Best case, lulz

Well, that seals for me.

E: I laugh now, but when Trump throws 2% of defense spending at anti-aging tech, some real advances might be made

Or not

The_Book_Of_Harry has issued a correction as of 21:29 on Dec 3, 2016

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

The_Book_Of_Harry posted:

Best case, lulz

Well, that seals for me.

E: I laugh now, but when Trump throws 2% of defense spending at anti-aging tech, some real advances might be made

Or not

To pursue serious "end aging" technology you'd need to invest governmental poo poo-tons into genetics research, and you'd probably find a universal cancer cure along the way, plus a bunch of other genetic disorders

It could be worse

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

if trump invests absolutely anything into research, it will be directly into private sector pharma

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Nebakenezzer posted:

To pursue serious "end aging" technology you'd need to invest governmental poo poo-tons into genetics research, and you'd probably find a universal cancer cure along the way, plus a bunch of other genetic disorders

It could be worse

We're probably only a few centuries away from some real progress on anti-aging.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAhjPd4uNFY

For actual content:
Gremlins 2 also had a great Trump parody.

Bert Roberge has issued a correction as of 00:20 on Dec 4, 2016

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009
American Flagg is C-Spam as gently caress

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Liberals ROCK shared Hate Liberals? Bite Me.'s photo.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

lol

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

CubsWoo posted:

Liberals ROCK shared Hate Liberals? Bite Me.'s photo.

good job on reading pal :)

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Darkman Fanpage posted:

good job on reading pal :)

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
i love alex jones.

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009
Hitler was a war hero and volunteered to fight lol

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Darkman Fanpage posted:

i love alex jones.

:yeah:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

i-isn't that how it's supposed to work though

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

AceRimmer posted:

Hitler was a war hero and volunteered to fight lol

and he wasnt captured!

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

In November 2008, the discovery of an eye-witness account on how Hitler was treated after being shot on the Western Front during World War I was announced in the press. According to these reports, a former German Army Medic named Johan Jambor gave an account to a Polish priest and amateur historian, Franciszek Pawlar, in the 1960s, of how he saved Hitler's life in 1916 after a groin injury and saw that he had lost a testicle. Jambor said that as they were carrying Hitler away, they came under French fire and had to temporarily abandon him, upon which he began to scream very loudly, imploring them to come back and threatening them with court martial if they left him behind. Pawlar's record of the conversation was discovered by Pawlar's relatives and published by Polish author Grzegorz Wawoczny. According to the British tabloid Sun, a surviving friend of Jambor's, Blassius Hanczuch, has confirmed the story, adding that Jambor and his co-rescuers dubbed Hitler "screamer"

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

there is a wikipedia page dedicated to hitler's one ball, and while it isn't a pic i feel it's still extremely cspam

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Yinlock posted:

there is a wikipedia page dedicated to hitler's one ball, and while it isn't a pic i feel it's still extremely cspam

I love that it has it's own page and isn't just a paragraph under the "controversies" tab or whatever.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

I love that it has it's own page and isn't just a paragraph under the "controversies" tab or whatever.

it's an important topic

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

It was a sad, sad day when Wikipedia removed the page dedicated solely to Rasputin's penis.

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum
Hitler would have won if he hadn't been stabbed in the back, like third party voters voting for Jill Stein