Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Beasteh posted:

The U+ CM was fairly straightforward even without a medica, smashed his mug in with Zell's BSB and chain biora spam. Seifer with blaze armlet and magic lure negated any bad spells.

The U++ however, uhh take some aoe and magic blink if you have it. Getting mitigation up for the second wave is important, one of them murdered Eiko with a 5k flare seconds after they spawned :gibs:

Still mastered but my guys were hanging on by a thread

I lost mastery because I took Kick instead of Lifebane on Zell for the first two waves, so the last wave magic pixeled me into an Ultima.

That U++ sure is a Final Fantasy 8 Ultimate. gently caress FF8 events.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

Well that was a CM that took me a few tries....wait why Didn't I master it... gently caress me.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Pretty easy bonus battles this time around. Quistis BSB RW ripped Seifer apart, and sorceresses were kind of rude but not terrible.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
Still couldn't beat Ifrit so I decided to pull on the second Squall banner; I figured my ridiculous luck from banner 1 would carry over and it... kinda did? 2/11, Mighty Guard for Quistis and Exeter for Irvine, definitely not bad. Does Hyper Snipe stack with Full Break?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

A very easy U++ for a Mage team.2nd set only got one Aeroga, and the third set got off one Reflected Flare, used Double and then died.

ApplesandOranges fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Dec 4, 2016

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard
Mastered U and U+, came up just short on U++ mastery because I brought too much defense and not enough offense to kill off the last sorceress before Ultima. Oh well, easy enough to fix.

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

there was a mean thing here before, but now there is a dog

Adel posted:

Still couldn't beat Ifrit so I decided to pull on the second Squall banner; I figured my ridiculous luck from banner 1 would carry over and it... kinda did? 2/11, Mighty Guard for Quistis and Exeter for Irvine, definitely not bad. Does Hyper Snipe stack with Full Break?

Yup.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

I've got good FFVIII melee stuff
Revolver+
Shear Trigger
Inferno Fang (shared dagger)
Gauntlet
Ochu Tentacle :barf:
Seifer's Coat
Laguna's Coat
Esthar Bracers
2x 7* ten-gallon hats

and then for magic stuff
Crescent Wish
Sorceress Crown

I kinda would like some magic relics. Banner 2 pull a good idea with all my 50 myth, or just suck it up and stick to physical meta and use edea for hastega/dark

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Goodbye easily soloed EXP dungeon, it's been real :unsmith:

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Pander posted:

I've got good FFVIII melee stuff
Revolver+
Shear Trigger
Inferno Fang (shared dagger)
Gauntlet
Ochu Tentacle :barf:
Seifer's Coat
Laguna's Coat
Esthar Bracers
2x 7* ten-gallon hats

and then for magic stuff
Crescent Wish
Sorceress Crown

I kinda would like some magic relics. Banner 2 pull a good idea with all my 50 myth, or just suck it up and stick to physical meta and use edea for hastega/dark

Pulled, because of course I would.

Strange Visions, 2 x Bismarck.

I'm good with that. Welcome back to the A team selphie.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Doing multiplayer fights with Sheepsong, Focus, Selphie BSB, and 3x OK BSB and watching Swiftspell damage climb as high as 36k is hilarious.

A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007
It's only the end of the world.

I keep pulling whenever I can get something medica-like for Selphie, because a shared SB Mystery Veil (VI) as my only FFVIII medica really puts a cramp in my style for Cid's Missions.

This time, I've come away with an eight-star Party Dress. Still no Selphie sticks, but god drat, that thing has some synergy stats.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Oh hey, first 5* dollar pull in a good while. This makes me feel a lot better about my odds at the CM without having to 11-pull.

(edit) And yup, it turned out to be key to surviving Seifer's AoE spam later in the fight. A shared medica alone would have not cut it, but with major regen nobody dropped. Also starring Ochu Tentacle, because it has like 40 more attack than the Red Scoprion. :v:

Evil Fluffy posted:

...you people made me think this fight was going to be hard. :colbert:

Now go do the CM for it. :v:

Attestant fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Dec 4, 2016

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

acumen posted:

Chrono Trigger characters (and tech combos?) would be printing money.

I think that might actually be against the law in Japan depending on how they implement it. F2P games have actual laws regulating them there which is probably a good idea given how scummy they quickly become

So "Gacha", gambling real money for fake items is allowed. But "complete gacha" where if you get for example each Cloud weapon you get the super ultimate Cloud weapon is against the law. Similarly tech combos where you would probably need SBs for 3 characters could be considered to be "Complete Gacha" stuff.

So they can tune the game balance so you basically to have a buff SSB , A wall, a healer BSB, and multiple damage items which is allowed, but doing something like "You can't get an OSB unless you get every other SB on this banner" is what they're talking about.

If you play a bunch of japanese F2P games eventually it becomes obvious that this informs a lot of the game balance decisions to let them get as close to this as possible without breaking the law :v: For a good example in FFRK every single player can get every single character and ability with no luck involved as long as they keep playing.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I have poo poo for VIII mage gear so I had to skip the CM and do the U++ with a physical team which was... fairly tough. Couldn't quite kill the final sorceress before Ultima, but I didn't lose any other medals (thank you Carbuncle) so I barely scraped out mastery.

I don't think 2 MFOs and a better shot at Mote Ifrit (once it reopens again) is worth 50 mythril, so I'm leaning towards holding off on pulling on one of these banners after all.

Munoma
Jul 9, 2008

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

If you play a bunch of japanese F2P games eventually it becomes obvious that this informs a lot of the game balance decisions to let them get as close to this as possible without breaking the law :v: For a good example in FFRK every single player can get every single character and ability with no luck involved as long as they keep playing.

As an inexperienced player it took me far longer than I should have to learn that the game is fair. Spending money helps but just playing the game is good enough.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I think that might actually be against the law in Japan depending on how they implement it. F2P games have actual laws regulating them there which is probably a good idea given how scummy they quickly become

So "Gacha", gambling real money for fake items is allowed. But "complete gacha" where if you get for example each Cloud weapon you get the super ultimate Cloud weapon is against the law. Similarly tech combos where you would probably need SBs for 3 characters could be considered to be "Complete Gacha" stuff.

So they can tune the game balance so you basically to have a buff SSB , A wall, a healer BSB, and multiple damage items which is allowed, but doing something like "You can't get an OSB unless you get every other SB on this banner" is what they're talking about.

There's no reason they couldn't just do the Chrono Trigger combo abilities the same as Palom & Porom's various Twincast SBs, Ramza's USB, Gilgamesh's OSB, and both of Ceodore's SBs. That is to say, they're just normal examples of their SB type which have other characters in the animation.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
First OSB is Rinoa! I also accidentally have all her SBs with the Party Dress. Guess it works out with the En-Earth synergy, just need an Imperil Earth effect now. :v:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Zurai posted:

There's no reason they couldn't just do the Chrono Trigger combo abilities the same as Palom & Porom's various Twincast SBs, Ramza's USB, Gilgamesh's OSB, and both of Ceodore's SBs. That is to say, they're just normal examples of their SB type which have other characters in the animation.

But that's so boring :(

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I mean I'm down for Chrono Trigger just bc it'd be a pretty easy realm to create at least seven useful characters for, some of whom could be pretty interesting or unique.

It beats the poo poo out of watching them try to come up with a niche for FF6 Cid or good SBs for Dr. Tot.

Bikke and Matoya would've both been cool for FF1, and filled niches (Thief/Support 5 and Black magic) for that game that are empty if you pretend Wol and Echo don't exist, as I have.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

wizard on a water slide posted:

I mean I'm down for Chrono Trigger just bc it'd be a pretty easy realm to create at least seven useful characters for, some of whom could be pretty interesting or unique.

It beats the poo poo out of watching them try to come up with a niche for FF6 Cid or good SBs for Dr. Tot.

Bikke and Matoya would've both been cool for FF1, and filled niches (Thief/Support 5 and Black magic) for that game that are empty if you pretend Wol and Echo don't exist, as I have.

Matoya is already out in Japan. Yeah, they're digging for characters.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Why do I have no MIOs? Why does nothing give MIOs? :mad:

I finally got Full Break to R2 :unsmith:

And I full cleared the last two events up to 180 with champion, so that was satisfying.

I need to figure out a) what 5* stuff to hone now and b) what heroes to level break to 99, I have either 4 or 5 mc3s

I have this pile of Chain whatever spells, but given that I have no Faithga and I do have Shout, I figure I should probably hone some physical 5*, I just don't know what's worth targeting first after Full Break.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Zurai posted:

Well, you don't gatcha for characters, so dual techs could be a SB that only requires one piece of equipment, is equipable on both (or just one) character, that requires them both be in the party to trigger (or even both have an SB charge)

You could make it work without requiring multiple gatchas to form a complete gatcha

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

victrix posted:

Why do I have no MIOs? Why does nothing give MIOs? :mad:

I finally got Full Break to R2 :unsmith:

And I full cleared the last two events up to 180 with champion, so that was satisfying.

I need to figure out a) what 5* stuff to hone now and b) what heroes to level break to 99, I have either 4 or 5 mc3s

I have this pile of Chain whatever spells, but given that I have no Faithga and I do have Shout, I figure I should probably hone some physical 5*, I just don't know what's worth targeting first after Full Break.

If you have any good knights, get Saint Cross. If you have good thieves, get Thief's Revenge. If you have good Dragoons, Dragoon Dive or Lightning Dive (or whatever the new one is called) are solid choices. If you regularly use one of Lightning/Zack/Tidus/Gau, you might consider working on both Chainstarter and Full Charge. If all else fails, Full Charge is a decent Combat 5 that everyone can use.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Mithross posted:

Well, you don't gatcha for characters, so dual techs could be a SB that only requires one piece of equipment, is equipable on both (or just one) character, that requires them both be in the party to trigger (or even both have an SB charge)

You could make it work without requiring multiple gatchas to form a complete gatcha

It's treading awfully close to the line, is the problem - close enough that regulations would start combing over FFRK with a fine-toothed brush, to say nothing of DeNA's other licenses. Given they've already had to shut down at least one subsidiary recently, they can't really afford the anti-gambling-law equivalent of an audit.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Honestly dual-techs would be cool but I sincerely doubt they'd make them worth the trouble/opportunity cost of losing realm synergy to (for ex) always run Frog and Crono because you got a specific relic. And if they were, the entire meta would start revolving around Chrono Trigger.

I'm fine with them just being among the unique SB animations for characters. Like Volt Bite for Ayla or the elemental sword techs for Crono would be really logical BSBs.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Pro Tip: Celes' SSB makes short work of the VIII event U++.

Spam those bioga and snowspell strikes all day :getin:

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

First time I've used Quake in a while because Quistis only has 4* Black Magic and I need two AOE spells for her to babysit in Sundaily. It still does its job as long as there's not a Magic Dragon on the field.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Alxprit posted:

First time I've used Quake in a while because Quistis only has 4* Black Magic and I need two AOE spells for her to babysit in Sundaily. It still does its job as long as there's not a Magic Dragon on the field.

I got Tifa BSB which is earth and oh my god it's the most frustrating feeling to see the animation start and then the animation going NULL
NULL NULL
NULL NULL
NULLNULLNULL

And then having my 2 skills be Lifesiphon and the 5 star monk one which is also Earth

A stupid amount of bosses are still immune to earth. Like I understood when Quake was the best AOE option but it's been more than a year...

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

Beasteh posted:

Pro Tip: Celes' SSB makes short work of the VIII event U++.

Spam those bioga and snowspell strikes all day :getin:

Trip report: yup, being an Indomitable Blade-haver trivializes the hell out of the U++.

Sadly though, I didn't bring enough AOE and underestimated how much HP all these Sorceresses had. I should have saved my second Shout RW cast for the final battle, instead it ran out and my DPS fell off, and she was able to cast Ultimate Ultima on the party. Dr. Mog made it sound like it was going to be some ridiculous attack that would wipe out the party, but it barely tickled with all the mitigation I had up. I lost an additional 1 medal for actions taken so with that and the 3 medals for Ultimate Ultima being cast, I ended up missing out on Mastery. Still, I'm not exactly hurting for 30 each of Giant Scarletite and Adamantite at the moment so I'll probably let this go.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

You almost had it and it's like 1 stamina, why not go again with more aoe my man

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
The U++ wasn't too bad, except the last phase took a few attempts, before I could get a run without ultimate ultima. I was running mostly summons, so my raw DPS was a tad low. Had to queue up soul breaks so they hit right as she spawned, and then finish it with the bsb commands.

Trying to queue up them during the phase was too slow.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

Beasteh posted:

You almost had it and it's like 1 stamina, why not go again with more aoe my man

True, 1 stamina is nothing, but it's not worth the time. As many OCD tendencies as we tend to have with this silly game, I don't need to see that MASTER mark that badly. It's not like the game keeps a permanent record of how you did on every event. I cleared it, I got the crystals, that's all that matters. I have like ~110 5* Giant Scarletites and ~390 5* Giant Adamantites, I'll be fine...

Shock Trooper fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Dec 4, 2016

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Shock Trooper posted:

True, 1 stamina is nothing, but it's not worth the time. As many OCD tendencies as we tend to have with this silly game, I don't need to see that MASTER mark that badly. It's not like the game keeps a permanent record of how you did on every event. I cleared it, I got the crystals, that's all that matters. I have like ~110 5* Giant Scarletites and ~390 5* Giant Adamantites, I'll be fine...

Ironically I've found that Adamantites are a great source of income when you've bled yourself dry with reforging and need money for orb juggling/skill honing. Each one is 20k gil.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

Really frustrated by this Behemoth /Iron Giant fight. I can take the damage like a champ, but I just don't have any good ice/lightning options right now, and my AoE game is really weak, so I keep running out of hones before I can kill one of them, much less both. I can't wait for the orb fest coming up, I need it so bad.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'm a completionist ever since I failed to clear the original parade float (my account was a couple of weeks old at that point) and I've mastered literally every single event (including Cid Missions) since the Vanille event.

God the D200 Cid Missions are going to destroy me (my synergy in every realm is fairly good but I miss a few hastegas/medicas, hones might not be enough) :cry:

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Beasteh posted:

I'm a completionist ever since I failed to clear the original parade float (my account was a couple of weeks old at that point) and I've mastered literally every single event (including Cid Missions) since the Vanille event.

God the D200 Cid Missions are going to destroy me (my synergy in every realm is fairly good but I miss a few hastegas/medicas, hones might not be enough) :cry:

While the D200 Torments are a lot harder than anything previously fought, people have still been able to do most of them with 0 character SBs. Like the upcoming one can be handled pretty well with a Krile using a runic RW and a nice summon.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

99% of my frustrations when playing this game would be solved by not removing the command bar because of a SB right as I'm about to tap it

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Jose Valasquez posted:

99% of my frustrations when playing this game would be solved by not removing the command bar because of a SB right as I'm about to tap it

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Jose Valasquez posted:

I wish we could program Auto so it becomes like FF12 gambits and I could auto bosses

• Locked thread