Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DotyManX
Aug 9, 2004
Yeah I drive a minivan, big deal, wanna fight about it?
my bad I thought the rule was 12 hours so when i see the raid clock at 1 day and 12 hours I assumed it was good to go, won't happen again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
I used raid han in the tourney, he was super useful on my wiggs team to stun STH for people that didn't have shoretrooper.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

DotyManX posted:

my bad I thought the rule was 12 hours so when i see the raid clock at 1 day and 12 hours I assumed it was good to go, won't happen again

It's cool. Sometimes we start it late. I understand the confusion that may have caused.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I stayed awake until midnight so I could get some sweet, sweet P1 damage in.

Apology accepted... Captain Needa.

Karzon
Oct 15, 2002
So my ships are fairly mediocre at this point. They range from 1 to 3 star and from levels 50 to 68. However, I just had the kind of run I hoped to have and see hope for my strategy even more as my ships improve.

I'm currently running:

Endurance
Biggs
Wedge
JC
Resistance
Imperial TIE

Reinforcements:
Poe
Ahsoka

On this last battle, I managed to get two Target Locks up consistently for extended periods of time. Each time the TL is refreshed, Biggs taunts and gets Protection. I can fire the Endurance's Fortune Favors the Bold shot to hit three ships (main target + 2 TL targets) which reduces its CD by 3 on a 4 CD ability. That means that effectively Biggs taunts and gets Protections constantly, everyone has Valor constantly (which increases Endurance's TM per attack), and I can fire off that AOE every turn. Except for the FOUR TIMES I used Endurance's ultimate to grant everyone immunity to damage.

So we've got Biggs gaining taunt and protection and then becoming immune to damage. Most teams have 1-2 ships that reduce TM, so he only gets his turn slowly. So he is taunting and invulnerable for longer.

It's stupid broken against anyone not running a ship to wipe buffs off.

Karzon fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Dec 2, 2016

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
Quick question: what's the conventional wisdom regarding which node to farm a particular piece of gear from? I assume the earlier it's listed, the higher the drop rate, but what about differences in energy cost? Is a node that costs 10 energy going to have a higher drop rate than one that costs 8? Higher enough that it's worth the extra energy to farm it there instead?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Energy has no impact on drop rate except that hard modes may have a higher likelihood of drops. Basically go for the cheapest node that has the most things you want. If you jump from 8 energy to 10 but gain the chance at 2 or 3 needed items its worth the cost.

For equal energy nodes i just go with the one that awards the most credits / droids.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

fishtobaskets posted:

Quick question: what's the conventional wisdom regarding which node to farm a particular piece of gear from? I assume the earlier it's listed, the higher the drop rate, but what about differences in energy cost? Is a node that costs 10 energy going to have a higher drop rate than one that costs 8? Higher enough that it's worth the extra energy to farm it there instead?

Gear (supposedly) has the same drop rate across nodes, so you will get more items farming at 6 energy than 8 or 10. However, sometimes the node costing 8 or 10 will be preferable because it can drop other items that you need.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I'm getting ready to work on a new PVP team.

Should I go for some kind of Palpatine, Shoretrooper, Tie Pilot team or Wiggs+Lando?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Jibo posted:

Should I go for some kind of Palpatine, Shoretrooper, Tie Pilot team or Wiggs+Lando?

One of the best combos right now is EP, Shore, TFP, Wiggs. Another good option is to run RG and Lando instead of Wiggs. If you're ridiculously wealthy and have Baze and Chirrut, you can run them and never lose.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Jibo posted:

I'm still working on TFP so I have yet to test him in my team, but I am currently running Wedge(L), Biggs, Lando, STHan, Shore. It is absolutely amazing and I can vouch for its efficacy.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
My current arena team is a core of wedge, Biggs, and lando, with the other two spots filled with two of: Sthan, raid han, shoretrooper, and b2, depending on what I'm facing.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Is there any place that has Ideal Mod setups for characters? Also, SHIPS ARE SO MUCH FUN OH MY.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Jibo posted:

Speaking of which, this is directed at the actual goons of QGJ: I would like it to be known that I think we should attempt another T7 Rancor soon to see how do. I feel like we should be able to beat it but we're really just kind of spinning tires by doing the T6 over and over.

If anyone has opinions on how/when this should be done please feel free to post here or mention something in the chat maybe (I probably won't see it).

I agree on T7. We lost a lot of our heavy hitters to IGD, but I'd like a shot, since I have over twice as many seven stars as I did the last time we tried.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

MichiganCubbie posted:

I agree on T7. We lost a lot of our heavy hitters to IGD, but I'd like a shot, since I have over twice as many seven stars as I did the last time we tried.

I would recommend getting some IGDs that are willing to jump over. Since CG overhauled raid reward stuff, they shouldnt get hit with a penalty for double dipping.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

The man called M posted:

Is there any place that has Ideal Mod setups for characters?

Mods are actually pretty straightforward. The HP set is good for everyone starting out and the defense set is good for tanks, but the best sets are: Speed (hard to get because of the character requirements), crit damage, and crit chance. Put crit chance and crit damage on your damage dealers and keep the HP/defense sets on your tanks.

As for specific primary stats on the mods themselves: Speed arrow top right slot (for everyone), crit damage (crit chance is a solid placeholder) or protection in the middle right slot (DPS/tank), and offense/potency/protection for the bottom right (depends on the character and what you have at your disposal).

You can also look at what fellow goons have on their arena teams. You'll quickly notice a pattern. There isn't much variety there.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Dr. Venture posted:

You can also look at what fellow goons have on their arena teams. You'll quickly notice a pattern. There isn't much variety there.

Yeah, mostly this. Swgoh.gg/u/mal

Check out my arena team. It's not ideal because I still need to farm better mods, but it's a pretty good guide.

On slow tanks (RG, Shoretrooper), I run protection arrow too.

Speed secondary is really important. The speed meta is real and completely determined by secondaries.

Speed set is much worse on a 100 speed hero than a 150 because it's 10%.

Flat offense secondary is really good on TM gain heroes like Ani/B2. You can get 100-150, fine without speed.

Offense set is as much damage as crit damage set at 75% cc. So, most of the time, offense is better.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
I think IGD should try a heroic tank next. There is a pretty good guide posted on the official forums: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.sta...r-team-strategy

quote:

Hello SWGOH community, I'm the GM of Alpha Squad, an independent guild that has managed to clear heroic AAT and currently has it on farm status. When AAT first came out, we cleared regular AAT in 6 refreshes but we knew we were light-years away from a heroic kill. We also took that time to read up on the heroic strategies published by TI / Team Skunk. In general, there was a consensus that you needed 50 players that had the ability to do "2 % per phase." The reality is that Alpha Squad has 2-3 whales, some dolphins, some guppies, and lots of F2P. We had under 10 players that can clear 2% per phase so our chances of clearing heroic AAT with the generally published strats were slim to none. We persevered and did some research and discovered that great teams can do 5 to 10% in a single phase with the right gear, mods, strategies, player skill, AND of course RNG. With this in mind, we formulated the "Super Team" strategy. This strategy has been deployed by Alpha Squad as well as other underpowered guilds that we've shared it with - with good success. If you're in a guild struggling with getting your players to build 4 viable heroic AAT teams, perhaps you start asking your guild to build one or two "Super Teams" and give this strategy a shot.

The general guild roster guidelines are as follows:

1) Each player is responsible for building 1 to 2 amazing "Super Teams" that can do 5% or more in a phase. Given the Wiggs meta, many players already have a "Super Team" in hand - Rebels
2) A core of 2 to 5 heavy hitters will be expected to contribute 5% or more in 3 to 4 phases
3) Don't spread yourselves thin trying to build 4 teams to tackle heroic. Build 1 to 2 teams at G10/G11 with excellent mods and shoot for north of 5%. "G11 or Bust" is our guild motto.
4) DO NOT throw away skilled players with thin rosters. As of now, we've killed heroic 4 times. We have 5 to 6 players that have a grand total of ONE (1) heroic AAT ready team (maxed rebels) and little of anything else. Other heroic guilds have rejected these players, but they find a home with Alpha Squad because we only ask for one amazing run (4 to 6%) and then they can do 1% in the other phases.
5) DO NOT worry so much about escaping/retreating with your toons, just get the best attempt possible. If you can pull 5% in a phase with your Super Team, it doesn't matter that they all died in the process of pulling that amazing run.

The Super Team Strategy by Phase:

Phase 1 (20 to 30 good Jedi Teams)
- Team: Jedis (IGD, Aayla, Anakin leads are all viable)
- Damage Goal: 2 -3% for average Jedis, Superteam Jedis aim for 5 to 7%
- One attack only, if your Jedi can't do 2%, skip the phase and save Jedi for phase 3

Phase 2 (All your Droid teams with a little help from Rebels)
- Team: Droids (HK, 88, 86, Nebit, JE), if you do not have Nebit, you may substitute with GG or IG100
- Damage Goal: 2 -3% for average to good Droids, Super Team Droids: 6 to 9%
- One attack only per player
- If your guild lacks the droid firepower to finish P2, send 5 to 10 rebel squads after your droids go to complete phase 2

Phase 3 (ZERG ZERG ZERG)
- Teams: Chirpatine, Teebotine, Jawas, or Jawa Mix (3 Jaws + 2 others)
- Damage Goal: 2% for Teebotine and Jawas. Superteam Chirpaltines: 4 to 6%
- SEND ALL TEAMS EXCEPT FOR REBELS (B, C, D Teams)
- B, C, and D teams should aim for 50 to 100k in damage (0.5 to 1%)

Phase 4 (30 to 35 Rebel Super Teams Close it Out)
- Team: Rebels - Wedge (L), Biggs, Lando, Leia (or Solo), Scarif Rebel Patfinder (or STH or AA)
- Damage Goal: Regular Rebels: 2%, Superteam Rebels: 6 to 10%

I think nearly everyone in IGD should have at least one of these teams, right?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

two_step posted:

I think it's worth a shot. Don't forget, P1 Rancor TM squad works well in P1 aat, but there's more RNG. You have to aim a big TM hit from Teebo for the 7th attack so that he doesn't get to go. My biggest hit so far is about 200k, which is about 5% running Terbo, Yoda, QGJ, Phasma, EE. You can run Chirpa if you don't have EP for P3. Also, organize the transition from P2 to P3 so that your chirpatine teams can start with about .03% P2 health or less, helps you get a good start in P3. Plan to give people 10 minutes to get multiple tries in before anyone locks.

Also, for your first couple tank raids, moving mods is worth it. Moving them from team a -> b -> c -> a costs ~350-400k credits. If you have three of the above teams, you should be placing top 5 and earning about a mil. This can boost your damage by a lot...my droids with mediocre mods score maybe 200k in P2, but can get 750k-1 mil with my a team mods.

e: 1st gets 1.1 mil, 10th gets 750k. If you can add 750k dmg by moving mods 2-3 times, it's worth it.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Dec 4, 2016

Herux
Dec 1, 2013

two_step posted:

I think IGD should try a heroic tank next. There is a pretty good guide posted on the official forums: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.sta...r-team-strategy

I am close to having three of those teams. My rebel team is my best(see: only g10/g11) so far but closing in on jedi + droid. I can throw some mediocre units at zerg phase3 as well.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

two_step posted:

I'm down to try, though I'm not as optimistic since participation is still not 100%. I can field Jedi, Rebels and of course Droids and can throw 2 other reasonable teams, and 2-3 weaker teams that can dent a little. I think the question is how many people have good enough Jedi to get us through p1 as quickly as possible? And are enough of IGD reading this to allow us the coordination we need?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
We don't even have 50 people consistently participating and it takes us 2-3 days just to clear P1.

I don't see how this is possible.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
is participation not 100% because some people are tired of doing a raid that takes more than a few days?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

We don't even have 50 people consistently participating and it takes us 2-3 days just to clear P1.

I don't see how this is possible.

Heroic does have less than half the health, and I'd be surprised if you guys weren't suffering from normal fatigue. Also, I feel like I've gotten about as much as I will out of TI, so I have been considering moving back over, and I can field 4 solid squads (although they are nazis about 600/600, so raids are every other and every third day, so that's nice). That said, they are kinda nazis about basically everything and I'm a bit tired of it. I'm a tryhard, but I don't feel very tryhard in this guild. Also, my eyes have been opened about P2W mobile games. These people have some serious poor impulse control and/or lack of judgement. Or both.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Malgrin posted:

These people have some serious poor impulse control and/or lack of judgement. Or both.

Do tell

Zone of Danger
Apr 21, 2010

Jerkface posted:

is participation not 100% because some people are tired of doing a raid that takes more than a few days?

It's definitely tough to be motivated for a raid that takes a week and a half and rewards maybe 8/50 of one piece of gear for one person.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Zone of Danger posted:

It's definitely tough to be motivated for a raid that takes a week and a half and rewards maybe 8/50 of one piece of gear for one person.

Pretty much this. The more I play the raid, the less I want to play the game. In the interest of continuing to play the game, I mostly stick to participating in phase 2, which sucks the least and is where I can do the most damage with the limited teams I have. I'm waiting to see what their plans for rebalancing the raid turn out to be.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Some people have spent more than enough to buy a good car.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I dropped 60 bucks on ship packs that I'm not particularly proud of.

And yes, I punched myself in the dick.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

Yeah, I dropped 60 bucks on ship packs that I'm not particularly proud of.

And yes, I punched myself in the dick.

I spent gifted google play money...that doesn't count, right?

Also, I just ran my brand new Arena team, and I'm loving it.

EP (L): 30k EHP, 205 Speed, 74% Potency
JKA: 53k EHP, 50% CC, 186% CD, 2900 Phys Dmg.
RG: 77k EHP,
Shoretrooper (3* G8): 40k EHP
TFP: 18k EHP, 255 Speed, 59% Potency, 49% Crit

I'm really close to G9 Shoretrooper, but then I'll need to farm a bajillionty MK3 carbantis to get him to G10/11. It's nice that I can get those from challenges, but it'll still take awhile. I'm working on his G8->G9 MK5 Stun Gun, then he needs a Scanner and a Caller, and I've got the salvage for both, an Mk5 detonator, an mk3 carbanti, and a couple other easy things. Then, at G10, ne needs another 150 carbantis (from two stun guns and a detonator), a Scanner, and a couple AAT raid items. Once I hit G10 I'll probably put him on the backburner until I have all the carbantis though -- still need to farm gear for Boba. In order to get to G11, you need 450 Mk3 Carbanti salvage, with one extra in G11 for funsies. On the plus side, that means he has an insane amount of HP.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

two_step posted:

I'd be down for trying it if everyone else is. I have no idea what to expect since it's been difficult to gauge our capability because :effort:

Malgrin posted:

Some people have spent more than enough to buy a good car.

I knew it. I said exactly this in guild chat during the last tournament. I came across a whale with 7* Baze, Chirrut, Shore, etc. maxed out with the best mods I have ever seen (speed sets with 15+ speed per mod on every character). It was the kind of dream team only a dev could build for himself.

Malgrin posted:

Also, I just ran my brand new Arena team, and I'm loving it... I'm really close to G9 Shoretrooper

Trust me, it only gets better. My G11 Shoretrooper says hello :getin:

Whitey Snipes
Nov 30, 2004

I'm down for trying it, I have a team for every phase and my Rebels are all G10/11 with full crit damage mods.

We don't have full participation but maybe we can entice some of the people who don't do the normal with the possibility of Kenobi shards.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

Karzon posted:

On this last battle, I managed to get two Target Locks up consistently for extended periods of time. Each time the TL is refreshed, Biggs taunts and gets Protection. I can fire the Endurance's Fortune Favors the Bold shot to hit three ships (main target + 2 TL targets) which reduces its CD by 3 on a 4 CD ability. That means that effectively Biggs taunts and gets Protections constantly, everyone has Valor constantly (which increases Endurance's TM per attack), and I can fire off that AOE every turn. Except for the FOUR TIMES I used Endurance's ultimate to grant everyone immunity to damage.

How the hell do you get it land so often? Target Lock just never seems to work for me, otherwise I'd be using the same tactic.

At the moment I'm using Plo and Mace to juggle taunts and it's working pretty well. The longer fights last the more damage I can do with JC and Ahsoka.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
There's a dude in my arena running a 19k power sun fac/wiggs/baze/chirrut and it's the stupidest poo poo I've ever seen.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
IGD

Since you are considering an AAT, I figured I'd post some things to think about. Some of this you know because you've been doing normals for awhile, but there are some changes and some things do get harder in Heroic. If you have EP/Chirpa, your best P1 comp is probably going to look something like Teebo, Yoda, QGJ, EE, Phasma. Teebo needs at least 70% Potency for this to be any good. If you have Aayla and Jedis, that's better, but I really like the Teebo comp because QGJ and Yoda are the only heroes you might use in another phase, and they aren't really part of a supercomp (unless you have Aayla for P1). If you have Chirpa but not EP, I'd run Chirpa in place of Yoda. Rex, Chewie, and others with TM reduction work here too. If you miraculously have Zeta'd Vader, I think you could run a Vader lead Empire team here (something like Vader, Magmatrooper, Snowtrooper, TFP, and then your choice of like Tarkin, Stormtrooper, EE, or Rex).
Ok, strategy here, burn down B2 first. If you're running Yoda, make him fast enough to go before GG so that he can put Tenacity up first turn. Once he's down, try to land a slow on GG, and hit him with TM down when it's almost his turn. Keep track of number of times you've hit GG. Burn down the tanks, and remember, they can't counter if you're stealthed. Try to time it so that you can kill them, and have Teebo attack for the 7th hit. This will take some time to figure out, especially with learning how fast your heroes are and what order they hit in and whatnot, but you can get fairly consistent in this. Anyways, for whatever reason, the TM reduction triggers after he gains TM, so he ends at no TM if Teebo isn't resisted. If either of them are up, GG will taunt them, which means you're risking giving GG a turn. If he gets a turn, he'll bring all the droids back. Try to remove his buff in case this happens (great with QGJ cause you get offense up, but if Teebo isn't stealthed, it removes TM). After this first hit, this is where having Yoda and QGJ (or Rex, Chewie, Chirpa, etc.) is really great, because they can remove his TM too and give you a chance to get a 3rd or 4th free round of attacking. Try to hold onto Phasma's TM up for situations like the 7th hit because he has no TM up, and similarly save EE's revive for this (it's honestly better to use his revive to not get a 7th hit than to try to save it for when someone dies).

OK, P2, really recommend HK, 88, 86, Nebit, JE. Before I had HK geared up though, I was running 88 lead, Nebit, JE, Scav, Dathcha. If you have all these guys at a decent gear, give them good crit chance and potency and it's pretty great. If you don't, don't bother trying to get Dathcha/Scav. They really suck. With good mods, I was able to get two topples in P2 though, and somewhere around 500k damage. Hk et. al I'm doing 750k-1 mil with my best mods. CC/CD are really important, and just give JE as much speed as you can muster. Nebit I give whatever is leftover...he wants speed, but really, whatever is left over.

P3 is really for Chirpa, EP, STH +2 tanks teams. Stormtrooper is surprisingly good here, but you probably don't have him geared so you probably shouldn't bother -- there are better heroes out there. SF is obviously amazeballs. RG is great, and his defense up lasts for a long time on tanks that are never getting a turn. I run Poe because I don't have other 7* tanks. The strat here is to get shock on everyone so that EP gets 100% TM every turn. I taunt STH right off the bat, and hold off on Poe so that everyone focus fires STH and EP gets his shock up faster. You'll have to taunt Poe before STH dies. For extra damage, try to get P2 down to .03% hp or less, and then have about 10 people enter at the same time. Make two tanks faster than Palp, so that they kill the tank and EP gets to go right off the bat in P3. If you don't have a chirpatine team, hold off until basically everyone with one has gone, and then try to throw something like rebels at it. You're going to need as many rebel teams as possible.

P4 is for Rebels. I run Wedge, Biggs, AA, Leia, Lando.

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Al bisogno si conosce l'amico
Saw this and thought people might be interested to see it. I don't know if everyone gets the same shipments.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Rubicon posted:

Saw this and thought people might be interested to see it. I don't know if everyone gets the same shipments.

I didn't have any Vaders in there yesterday, so I don't think we get the same.

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

swgoh.gg have finished their ships implementation, crew contribution is way more important than I thought it was.

https://swgoh.gg/units/ships/ahsoka-tanos-jedi-starfighter/
On the right side, black number is total value while the blue number in ( ) is the crew contribution. HP, prot and damage come mostly from the pilot, plus a sizeable boost to speed.

https://swgoh.gg/units/ships/imperial-tie-fighter/
ITF gets no protection but up to 42.67% extra dodge from TFP!

Karzon
Oct 15, 2002

Disco De Soto posted:

How the hell do you get it land so often? Target Lock just never seems to work for me, otherwise I'd be using the same tactic.

At the moment I'm using Plo and Mace to juggle taunts and it's working pretty well. The longer fights last the more damage I can do with JC and Ahsoka.

At this point it seems like it was mostly RNG, unfortunately. I haven't had such an amazing run since I posted that. :) Conceptually, it's stacking the team with ships that can apply Target Lock and trying to shred anyone on the enemy team who can clear taunt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Mo Betta Slave 1's.