Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
What's a MBMBAM quote that would work on a slogan shirt? I was thinking "GOOD GOOD (blank) BOY" with "GOOD GOOD" written down the sleeves, but I'm open to suggestions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
This Yahoo Answers is from user: Coffee And Pie. Coffee And Pie writes...

Coffee And Pie posted:

What's a MBMBAM quote that would work on a slogan shirt? I was thinking "GOOD GOOD (blank) BOY" with "GOOD GOOD" written down the sleeves, but I'm open to suggestions.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Coffee And Pie posted:

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Coffee And Pie posted:

Garbage Boy

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Cory Lidle posted:

Garbage Boy

Oh that's good.

GREAT JOB is a little played but it would work too.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Kiss Your Dad Square On The Lips

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Coffee And Pie posted:

"I'm Tit Liquid, and I'm here to spread awareness about childhood obesity!"

Also I'm curious...how does Court Appointed fit into the McElroy shows list site? Never heard of it. Are they vaguely related to the McElroys.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
Court Appointed is the podcast that Sydnee's dad and uncle do.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Pam Body on the Front

Garf Head on the Back

And I mean images, not words.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Jolyne Cujoh posted:

Court Appointed is the podcast that Sydnee's dad and uncle do.
Hahah oh wow, I get a kick out of this expanding McElroy Extended Family Empire, how is it?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

HMS Beagle posted:

Pam Body on the Front

Garf Head on the Back

And I mean images, not words.

Pam body Garf head, or Garf body, Final Pam head?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Does anyone have the audio of this? It makes me lose my poo poo.

The Schwa
Jul 1, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

I don't have the audio to hand, but it's ep 101 if you want to go digging, I think it's about fourteen minutes in

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

Sandwolf posted:

http://sslibrarianship.tumblr.com/post/126805622841/im-relistening-to-the-mbmbam-archives-and-just

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Hahah oh wow, I get a kick out of this expanding McElroy Extended Family Empire, how is it?
It's fine. It's just fine.

If you like to think about legal issues they do a surface scan of things that tend to be ripped from the headlines.

I like Pappy Smerl well enough but if you don't, Scampi Mike probably won't save it for you. Similar to Still Buffering, they are generally good-natured, not excessively nerdy but also not particularly funny. I think they still need more practice and to break free of their formula before it becomes anywhere near "recommended".

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Smerl is like, the most West Virginia name ever.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I always thought it was Smirl. The pneumonic device i had to remember the name was smile irl.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

It is Smirl

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
As if if I give a dang about how to "properly" spell their last name given how they decided to spell the names of their daughters.

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

Kenny Logins posted:

As if if I give a dang about how to "properly" spell their last name given how they decided to spell the names of their daughters.

For a long time, I had only heard Teylor's name, not seen it written out, and I was always like "how badly could they gently caress that one up", and then I found out and I was FURIOUS.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Kenny Logins posted:

all I can gather from this is that the Smirls are good people who absolutely despise the english language.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

I feel we're asking for clips, does anyone have the one where the question was "My dad likes to play the piano but is terrible at it, how do I get him to stop" And they went into this thing were I think a piano repairman comes in and kills their dad with piano wire? It cracked me up and made me a fan when I just started listening, about two years ago, summer on 2015.

Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe

BigRed0427 posted:

I feel we're asking for clips, does anyone have the one where the question was "My dad likes to play the piano but is terrible at it, how do I get him to stop" And they went into this thing were I think a piano repairman comes in and kills their dad with piano wire? It cracked me up and made me a fan when I just started listening, about two years ago, summer on 2015.

Dr. Strings!
https://youtu.be/SJoR1ySRrZ4

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Oh God I didn't realize deadmau5' grandma was in this range of episodes.

GIVE US THAT FAT NASTY BASS

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I like carboys and all but these 10 minute segments trying to pull the dummy out of the car are killing me

Well, and especially because in this most recent one, there was a really obvious way of actually ACCOMPLISHING it once and for all: just turn off every single part of the car except for the driver!

The Lowdog
Dec 14, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Oh God I didn't realize deadmau5' grandma was in this range of episodes.

GIVE US THAT FAT NASTY BASS

"My neon glow bracelets are losing their luminosity Francis!"

That bit is definitely among my favourite McElroy goofs.

Also Justin's musical transition into the money zone on this weeks Adventure Zone cracked me up.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

The Lowdog posted:

"My neon glow bracelets are losing their luminosity Francis!"

That bit is definitely among my favourite McElroy goofs.

Also Justin's musical transition into the money zone on this weeks Adventure Zone cracked me up.

The concept of treating a guy with a skeleton dragon mask and cheap halloween skeleton costume, throwing foam balls, as an actual D&D encounter was one of the funniest things I've heard all week.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

What if Steven is the voidfish's baby
What if that

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Psychedelicatessen posted:

The concept of treating a guy with a skeleton dragon mask and cheap halloween skeleton costume, throwing foam balls, as an actual D&D encounter was one of the funniest things I've heard all week.

Merle actually taking damage from it killed me. poo poo, everything he did this episode was great, I think.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
I enjoy Clint's indignation every time he tries to do something weird, and Griffin pretty much has to punish him because of his horrible rolls. He acts like everyone's just trying to ruin his good time. I can't wait for the pilot episode of his superhero campaign. I imagine it will be dumb in the best way.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

I'd like to see them mess with a pbta game since those are geared around character interaction.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
This is probably not a new theory but it occurred to me a couple days ago - has this entire campaign been one iteration of a massive time loop? Wipe the guys' brains using a baby Voidfish from one of those eggs, reset time with the chalice. That would explain all the dying they supposedly did pre-Eleventh Hour that they didn't remember. I just went back to listen to the Eleventh Hour because I was thinking about this, and Griffin does say that the first time they die 'feels familiar.'

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Travis needs to give twitter a break, i think it's affecting him

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
The tweet is deleted now, can ya give me an idea of what he said and why some peeps didn't like it? I see mention of some word used unadvisably or something
I assumed it's another white guy telling people to be patient and calm and listen to the other side while literal out and proud Nazis are normalized around the world, but I love Trav and know he means well so it was prolly something harmless

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Punkin Spunkin posted:

The tweet is deleted now, can ya give me an idea of what he said and why some peeps didn't like it? I see mention of some word used unadvisably or something
I assumed it's another white guy telling people to be patient and calm and listen to the other side while literal out and proud Nazis are normalized around the world, but I love Trav and know he means well so it was prolly something harmless
IDK but there is an extremely good chance he talks about it on the next ep of Interrobang. Possibly Trends Like These.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I skimmed the conversation, but you're pretty close. He asked for people to be patient with guys like himself who are working to be cognizant of how their background informs their worldview but will slip up sometimes.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm guessing it was related to the whole hullabaloo with the TAZ GNs?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Democratic Pirate posted:

I skimmed the conversation, but you're pretty close. He asked for people to be patient with guys like himself who are working to be cognizant of how their background informs their worldview but will slip up sometimes.
Oh thats lame and harmless I should've figured. You have all my patience Travis

Trends Like These is still going huh? I remember listening to it when it first came out and finding it fun enough and sometimes misguided but entertaining enough for me to call it Uhh Yeah Dork which is a huge podcasting compliment they probably (no, definitely) didn't deserve
At the time I was just glad Travis finally had a co host who wasn't dumb and crazy like that bunker buddies lady or a generic white automaton from the warehouse full of unentertaining pretentious white people maxfun apparently uses to star most of their shows ("it's like discovering a new color") going by all the uniformly terrible sounding non McElroy stuff advertised on mbmbam
Is it worth listening to these days?

Serf
May 5, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm guessing it was related to the whole hullabaloo with the TAZ GNs?

What happened there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

People got really mad that the Tres Horny Boys were all white.