Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
It's interesting to see Identity Politics being taken up on the Left because in the old days it was heavily reviled and used almost universally by the Right.

For anyone who isn't old enough to remember, this is what Identify Politics looks like when Republicans do it.

The backlash to this kind of thing and the fact that the Left's response was to appear sane and let the Right's foaming at the mouth craziness speak for itself is what allowed us to make so much headway in the Culture War.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

the white hand posted:

Nah, we can be done with this idea. Leftism has not been able to provide a pathway to an inclusive politics. If neoliberalism, state capitalism or rude, bearded despotism can, let's go with it.

Its convenient then that this isn't the case, and abandoning allies over mistakes 50+ years ago has resulted in the election of an orange real estate clown who will be ruling against our collective interests and appointing a young SC judge likely to be ruling against our interests for decades to come

CAROL
Oct 29, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I'm with the side that's least mad

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Neurolimal posted:

Its convenient then that this isn't the case, and abandoning allies over mistakes 50+ years ago has resulted in the election of an orange real estate clown who will be ruling against our collective interests and appointing a young SC judge likely to be ruling against our interests for decades to come

Who are these "allies" you keep talking about?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Brainiac Five posted:

Who are these "allies" you keep talking about?

People who voted for Obama but not for Clinton, for starters.

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Neurolimal posted:

People who voted for Obama but not for Clinton, for starters.

Obama was elected 50 years ago? Uh-huh.

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Neurolimal posted:

Are these allies white by any chance?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Brainiac Five posted:

Obama was elected 50 years ago? Uh-huh.

Accusations that the fiscal left conveniently ignored the social left are based on New Deal politics and redlining. In defense of those holding the grudge we haven't seen fiscal leftists in power in america since at least Reagan, so we don't have much in the way of modern examples.

Those who voted for Obama but not Clinton did so because they are in an economic crisis that threatens their lives and families. So I attribute them to fiscal leftists.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

the white hand posted:

Are these allies white by any chance?

There's plenty of poor minorities, and Hillary turned out less minority dems by % than Obama, so not entirely?

Would them being white make it less humiliating to try to run out on a check and breaking your hip halfway to the door?

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Neurolimal posted:

There's plenty of poor minorities, and Hillary turned out less minority dems by % than Obama, so not entirely?

So yes?

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Neurolimal posted:

Accusations that the fiscal left conveniently ignored the social left are based on New Deal politics and redlining. In defense of those holding the grudge we haven't seen fiscal leftists in power in america since at least Reagan, so we don't have much in the way of modern examples.

Those who voted for Obama but not Clinton did so because they are in an economic crisis that threatens their lives and families. So I attribute them to fiscal leftists.

We've never seen fiscal leftists in power at all because you made them up at most a month ago.

Also, that's not true, since surveys of white working class voters show that Trump voters are actually more secure and feel more secure than Hillary voters, which is why people whose first concern was the economy voted for Hillary more than Trump. Your narrative is built around denying people responsibility for their actions or any ability to think, reducing them to animals that only engage in stimulus-response. Hillary calls nazis and supporters of nazis deplorable, stimulating an automatic response of poor people voting for the Nazis.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Brainiac Five posted:

We've never seen fiscal leftists in power at all because you made them up at most a month ago.

Also, that's not true, since surveys of white working class voters show that Trump voters are actually more secure and feel more secure than Hillary voters, which is why people whose first concern was the economy voted for Hillary more than Trump. Your narrative is built around denying people responsibility for their actions or any ability to think, reducing them to animals that only engage in stimulus-response. Hillary calls nazis and supporters of nazis deplorable, stimulating an automatic response of poor people voting for the Nazis.

that's great, cool, whatever you want to use to ignore Hillary losing hundreds of thousands of midwestern dems that turned out for Obama.

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Neurolimal posted:

that's great, cool, whatever you want to use to ignore Hillary losing hundreds of thousands of midwestern dems that turned out for Obama.

Your assumptions aren't proven and are incoherent and you just ignore any evidence to the contrary, so the question is: why should we let your stupidity be the model we emulate for left-wing politics?

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Neurolimal posted:

Certainly the suppression and apathy tactics couldn't have had anything to do with this.

Or perhaps they weren't "economic anxious" enough?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Brainiac Five posted:

Your assumptions aren't proven and are incoherent and you just ignore any evidence to the contrary, so the question is: why should we let your stupidity be the model we emulate for left-wing politics?

They're quite coherent, and the most likely answer to why Clinton lost votes in what was assumed a locked-in state.

But hey, I guess they were just too racist to vote for someone blacker than *hastily checks last president* Obama, and with a partner as unliked as *opens wiki tab* Bill Clinton. Maybe they just forgot how to vote; yet more reason to expand charter schools.

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Neurolimal posted:

They're quite coherent, and the most likely answer to why Clinton lost votes in what was assumed a locked-in state.

But hey, I guess they were just too racist to vote for someone blacker than *hastily checks last president* Obama, and with a partner as unliked as *opens wiki tab* Bill Clinton

They're not coherent. They assume that poor people don't think and don't make decisions.

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Why won't midwestern dems who voted for the most charismatic man of the 21st century vote for the tone-deaf, power-entitled wife of a former president? QUICK LET'S SHOVEL MINORITIES INTO A FURNACE TO FIND OUT

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

stone cold posted:

Certainly the suppression and apathy tactics couldn't have had anything to do with this.

Or perhaps they weren't "economic anxious" enough?

Welcome back. Would you like to point out what posts I was dogwhistling in? I'm sorry for holding you to this but its rather unfair to just disappear when arguing gets hard then returning for a different topic later, especially when your opponent is talking to multiple people.

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Neurolimal posted:

Welcome back. Would you like to point out what posts I was dogwhistling in? I'm sorry for holding you to this but its rather unfair to just disappear when arguing gets hard then returning for a different topic later, especially when your opponent is talking to multiple people.

Cool so it's OK to just ignore people's posts at random now. Guess I'll start asking you where you buried the bodies.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

the white hand posted:

Why won't midwestern dems who voted for the most charismatic man of the 21st century vote for the tone-deaf, power-entitled wife of a former president? QUICK LET'S SHOVEL MINORITIES INTO A FURNACE TO FIND OUT

Where has anyone advocated abandoning minority issues

How was clinton power-entitled

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Brainiac Five posted:

Cool so it's OK to just ignore people's posts at random now. Guess I'll start asking you where you buried the bodies.

I'l answer her post when she catches up to the current discussion. If her approach to reading is unchanged I fear it wont take long.

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
The real reason Hillary lost is because of the reauthorization of the Violence Against Women Act. I'm gonna repeat this endlessly and ignore any evidence to the contrary, but don't think I have some agenda about repealing that act or why I would want to do so.

Neurolimal posted:

I'l answer her post when she catches up to the current discussion. If her approach to reading is unchanged I fear it wont take long.

Where are the bodies buried?

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Neurolimal posted:

Where has anyone advocated abandoning minority issues

Oh not you. Not you, you just happen to be using the same phrase that the people advocating for that are using, and posting in the thread discussing that issue. Your hands are so clean I could eat off them

quote:

How was clinton power-entitled

:raise:

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Neurolimal posted:

For sure. Social and Fiscal leftism intersect too much to enact either without the other and achieve effective results. Neither should take backseat to the other.

I agree. It's a shame so many are insisting otherwise and actively dismissing "social leftism" as unimportant.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Brainiac Five posted:

The real reason Hillary lost is because of the reauthorization of the Violence Against Women Act. I'm gonna repeat this endlessly and ignore any evidence to the contrary, but don't think I have some agenda about repealing that act or why I would want to do so.

"Evidence to the contrary" being "multiple surveys" that trump voters felt more secure while supporting trump, ignoring that the duscussion has not suggested once that anyone fled to trump, rather just did not vote.

Evidence to the contrary being the implication that some economically anxious voters voting Clinton = all registered economicalky anxious voters

Evidence to the contrary being a poll of the 2016 presidential election

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

the white hand posted:

Oh not you. Not you, you just happen to be using the same phrase that the people advocating for that are using, and posting in the thread discussing that issue. Your hands are so clean I could eat off them

:raise:

She was a woman who wanted to be president, why do you have an issue with this?

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Neurolimal posted:

"Evidence to the contrary" being "multiple surveys" that trump voters felt more secure while supporting trump, ignoring that the duscussion has not suggested once that anyone fled to trump, rather just did not vote.

Evidence to the contrary being the implication that some economically anxious voters voting Clinton = all registered economicalky anxious voters

Evidence to the contrary being a poll of the 2016 presidential election

Lie number one: Plenty of people have claimed that people fled from Obama to Trump.

Lie number two: Insisting people used the word "all" when they did not while you talk about the "economicalky anxious".

Lie number three: Omitting the location of your victims's bodies.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Neurolimal posted:

I pointed out your dogwhistles earlier, but sorry racism rendered you unable to read.

Or perhaps being unthroned as the spokesperson for all LGBTQ people startled your monocle off so you couldn't read?

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Neurolimal posted:

She was a woman who wanted to be president, why do you have an issue with this?

She was a woman who rose to popularity because her husband got a blowjob. The democratic party then capitalized on this popularity by lining up a series of positions for her. She was perfectly qualified to fill these positions, but she would not have gotten them without the lurid details of her husband's philandering. At no point did democrats stop to ask themselves if anybody actually liked her. She lacks charisma and has lost any connection to the underprivileged people she once served. She was a lovely candidate.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Brainiac Five posted:

Lie number one: Plenty of people have claimed that people fled from Obama to Trump.

None of which being in this thread, none of which being from me. Extreme lie exposed

quote:

Lie number two: Insisting people used the word "all" when they did not while you talk about the "economicalky anxious".

You used these nebulous polls to argue that theres no grounds for the idea that midwest dems failed to turn out for economic reasons. To do so you stated that these polls showed Trump voters "feel more secure". This described poll having said nothing about the % of poor midwest voters polled. Floundering Fib Foiled

quote:

Lie number three: Omitting the location of your victims's bodies.

Prodding to extend a defense of a poster making a mistake and fleeing, Arduously Anal Addendum Dodged

Woozy
Jan 3, 2006

Brainiac Five posted:

So how much time do you spend masturbating to the thought of murdering innocent teens that use a particular blogging service? Or are your perverse fantasies more about torturing them? Give me a weekly estimate- four hours? ten hours?

Look, man, I'm not saying killing is bad, I'm telling to put your money where your mouth is, unless you're afraid of an anonymous homo on the internet.

Either grow up, bow out, or admit you don't have anything to say. Your rapidfire shitposting is sustained entirely by cheap invective, which as a moron you obviously come by honestly but I can promise you this marathon of bullshit is a weak rhetorical strategy and its the biggest reason I don't lose any sleep over your brand of vacuous politics, trendy though it may be. I don't know what pathetic off-site you're retreating to for high fives in between probations but I think at this point you can safely report to your handlers that you've fought the good fight on the comedy forum.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

stone cold posted:

I pointed out your dogwhistles earlier, but sorry racism rendered you unable to read.

Or perhaps being unthroned as the spokesperson for all LGBTQ people startled your monocle off so you couldn't read?

You suggested I was sexist to you. I pointed out this wasn't possible because I was cautious in not assuming your gender, showing that I had no clue what you identified as.

That was the extent of your secret dogwhistles that justified a lack of reading comprehension.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Woozy posted:

Either grow up, bow out, or admit you don't have anything to say. Your rapidfire shitposting is sustained entirely by cheap invective, which as a moron you obviously come by honestly but I can promise you this marathon of bullshit is a weak rhetorical strategy and its the biggest reason I don't lose any sleep over your brand of vacuous politics, trendy though it may be. I don't know what pathetic off-site you're retreating to for high fives in between probations but I think at this point you can safely report to your handlers that you've fought the good fight on the comedy forum.

I too think the person who DOESN'T hate minorities with a bloodlust like yours, Woozy, is the Stormfronter.

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Woozy posted:

This is a hell of a lot of words to say "boring troll". You should get some treatment for that case of logorrhea.

Neurolimal posted:

None of which being in this thread, none of which being from me. Extreme lie exposed

You used these nebulous polls to argue that theres no grounds for the idea that midwest dems failed to turn out for economic reasons. To do so you stated that these polls showed Trump voters "feel more secure". This described poll having said nothing about the % of poor midwest voters polled. Floundering Fib Foiled

Prodding to extend a defense of a poster making a mistake and fleeing, Arduously Anal Addendum Dodged

No, I argued against the argument that people went from Obama to Trump, which should be obvious since it was polling voters and not people who didn't vote. Your attempts at being cute are giving me nausea though, so I guess I better take some Tums before I read any more of your posts.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

the white hand posted:

She was a woman who rose to popularity because her husband got a blowjob. The democratic party then capitalized on this popularity by lining up a series of positions for her. She was perfectly qualified to fill these positions, but she would not have gotten them without the lurid details of her husband's philandering. At no point did democrats stop to ask themselves if anybody actually liked her. She lacks charisma and has lost any connection to the underprivileged people she once served. She was a lovely candidate.

You exposed a weakness but managed to recover with a level of grace unknown to Effectronica and stone cold. I do not enjoy your gimmick but hold more respect for you.

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Neurolimal posted:

How can I be sexist, you're all just text on a screen to me

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
It's cool how, on the one hand, the issue is the failure to engage with people honestly, but on the other hand, I need to insist that the people who disagree with me are all faking. It says a lot that you insist that racists must be treated with dignity but people who disagree with your approach to anti-racism must be spit upon.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Brainiac Five posted:

No, I argued against the argument that people went from Obama to Trump, which should be obvious since it was polling voters and not people who didn't vote. Your attempts at being cute are giving me nausea though, so I guess I better take some Tums before I read any more of your posts.

You mean the argument that nobody made, that I did not make, but for whatever reason just accidentally addressed to me. Read White Hand's posts for an example of a way to recover with style.

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Neurolimal posted:

You mean the argument that nobody made, that I did not make, but for whatever reason just accidentally addressed to me. Read White Hand's posts for an example of a way to recover with style.

This isn't a game, kiddo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Brainiac Five posted:

This isn't a game, kiddo.

you get trolled in the game, you get trolled in real life!

• Locked thread