Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

stone cold posted:

have you considered investing in a move to a place with either good public transit or no snow

I see you have never visited literally anywhere in Canada. We suck at public transit which forces everyone into cars to pinball all over the roads because no one knows how to drive in loving snow.

Slow down you loving dinks, snow tires and AWD/4WD doesnt mean you can still do 120 on the 400 and stop on a dime. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

Avshalom posted:

question: is the highest purpose for a human being to work a 40-hour week doing and producing absolutely nothing of worth

Welcome to capitalism

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

kustomkarkommando posted:

reminder that berlusconis pdl absorbed the 'post-fascist' rump party and Rome had a mayor who used to be an open fascist youth leader

sounds like the italian elite is out of touch with the working class op

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Hi dadchat, Im home form work.

Never take a job in retail pharmacy unless you hate yourself.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Eugene V. Dabs posted:

tell that to *checks list* everyone that lives in LA

la doesn't have snow sir

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Furnaceface posted:

One occupation doesn't hold a monopoly on self loathing though.

Unless youre middle management

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
is snow inherently bougie? i'm confused

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

kustomkarkommando posted:

reminder that berlusconis pdl absorbed the 'post-fascist' rump party and Rome had a mayor who used to be an open fascist youth leader

Oh, that? He was just distracted with his Bunga Bunga parties.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

stone cold posted:

la doesn't have snow sir

drat climate change

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Furnaceface posted:

if i do is it mandatory?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Eugene V. Dabs posted:

where do you propose i park it
garage, indoor parking lot

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFCGcmEH6C4

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Eugene V. Dabs posted:

is snow inherently bougie? i'm confused

Winter activities are expensive as hell.

Except for building snow tombs forts.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Eugene V. Dabs posted:

i do use public transit, which is why i don't care that my car is parked outside during winter
why do you have a car at all if public transportation is needs suiting

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

R. Mute posted:

if i do is it mandatory?

Yes, unfortunately.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

snow is extremely bourgeois, that's why Marx proposed copious yelling at the sky

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Furnaceface posted:

I see you have never visited literally anywhere in Canada. We suck at public transit which forces everyone into cars to pinball all over the roads because no one knows how to drive in loving snow.

Slow down you loving dinks, snow tires and AWD/4WD doesnt mean you can still do 120 on the 400 and stop on a dime. :argh:
this reminds me to find a good source of northwestern dashcams for the coming winter, people in oregon and washington seem to be driving hilariously bad if it snows anywhere on the hemisphere

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

cinci zoo sniper posted:

i have family all over the place, in areas i can't fly to. i also work outdoors during the spring/summer. not having a vehicle would make this much harder for me.

also, i like going into the mountains when weather permits. there is no easy way to get there without a car.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

stone cold posted:

snow is extremely bourgeois, that's why Marx proposed copious yelling at the sky

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

cinci zoo sniper posted:

this reminds me to find a good source of northwestern dashcams for the coming winter, people in oregon and washington seem to be driving hilariously bad if it snows anywhere on the hemisphere

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgr4lEpfnFU

Even bus drivers get dumb in the snow.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

I actually recommend the Italian political drama 1992 which charts the collapse of the First Republic during the clean hands investigation that saw the collapse of all major parties and the rise of Berlusconi, lega nord and the rehabilitation of the post-fascist right.

There's a character in it who's a gulf war vet who becomes a lega nord parliamentary candidate after he beats up an immigrant

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

cinci zoo sniper posted:

long distance travel and large shopping loads, usually

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
not to love the donald is a great disgrace, so we heil, heil, right in the donald's face

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

corn in the bible posted:

not to love the donald is a great disgrace, so we heil, heil, right in the donald's face

*Laura Ingraham saluting Donald at the RNC*

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

crazy people on the internet have told me that the Simpsons is communist filth so

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
before my car broke down irreparably last spring, we'd usually only drive once or twice a month and bike/walk/transit the rest of the time, but it still cost a lot less than a rental of some sort for those times instead

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Pipeline thread doing pretty well right now, what with Dead Reckoning, blowfish and Gobbeldygook being the stars (with a guest apperance by wateroverfire).

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Horseshoe theory posted:

*Laura Ingraham saluting Donald at the RNC*

When the Donald says we own the world and space, we heil, heil, right in the Donald's face

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Horseshoe theory posted:

Pipeline thread doing pretty well right now, what with Dead Reckoning, blowfish and Gobbeldygook being the stars (with a guest apperance by wateroverfire).

my favourite part of the thread was the one time a guy said the whole thing was as if the invading lakota are israeli settlers and we americans are the palestinians

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Lol

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Rodatose posted:

my favourite part of the thread was the one time a guy said the whole thing was as if the invading lakota are israeli settlers and we americans are the palestinians

...really? :dogbutton: Quote, please.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Horseshoe theory posted:

...really? :dogbutton: Quote, please.

Oh poo poo, it was hilariously awful.

Gobbeldygook posted:

I feel like I'm arguing with an Eliza Bot. They agreed to the treaty of 1851. In 1868 they agreed to a new treaty with new borders and relinquished their claim on some land in exchange for various promises from the US government. The US government was bad and took land that was theirs, notable the Black Hills, under the 1868 treaty. The courts ruled that their claim on the Black Hills was valid and they deserved compensation for its seizure. They said nothing about the 1851 treaty! What part of this are you not getting? Are you claiming the Supreme Court ruled the 1868 treaty was entirely invalid and only the 1851 treaty applies? Because here's the decision. You can go read it for yourself right now and they literally only mention the 1851 treaty of Fort Laramie once and only in the context of it being superseded by the 1868 treaty of Fort Laramie.

The Lakota are the moral equivalent of Israeli settlers who want to unjustly take over their neighbors land. Fortunately, the Lakota are too weak to actually do what they clearly wish they could do.

edit: From one of the footnotes in the Supreme Court's decision:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Dec 5, 2016

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

CommieGIR posted:

Fan-loving-tastic. BTW, I love the :qq:ing about seizing the land, particularly since the firms that own that land could demand the title insurance companies pay them out on their policies as title was not free-and-clear.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Horseshoe theory posted:

Fan-loving-tastic. BTW, I love the :qq:ing about seizing the land, particularly since the firms that own that land could demand the title insurance companies pay them out on their policies as title was not free-and-clear.

He got cross and just accused me of beating my wife. He's so funny.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Furnaceface posted:

never take any service job unless you hate yourself

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

never take any service job unless you hate yourself

Kinda hard to not work in 'Murica.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Horseshoe theory posted:

we used to build poo poo in this country

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Horseshoe theory posted:

Unless you work in Fast Foot/Retail, and then you are just a lazy moocher that deserves no wage.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

CommieGIR posted:

lmao at someone literally painting indigenous people as settler colonialists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
vb isn't in the service industry. he proudly forges instruments that allow toddlers to commit unintentional suicide/homicide

• Locked thread