Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Fojar38 posted:

Torian is a Mandalorian and his job is to die a glorious death like a Klingon. He shouldn't have even let himself be captured, he should have thrown himself at Vaylin holding a thermal detonator Jace Malcolm-style :colbert:

Late KOTET spoilers:

Telltale Games: You must choose!
Me: I caaaaaaaaan't :smith:
KOTET: You must ch-
Me: Kill Torian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Late KOTET spoilers:

Yeah, really. That wasn't much of a hard choice.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

prefect posted:

Things I was not expecting: I knew they would try to make me feel sympathetic towards Arcann and even Vaylin, but I didn't think they'd actually do a good job of it.

Did you not see the KOTFE cinematic trailer with Arcann & his brother in it?

Inquisitor

Wow that was quite the non-ending to chapter two.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

I thought Crit was still pretty much "Gimme gimme" since 4.0? That you get enough power from armorings and mods that you don't need to worry about it?

Kind of. If you slot for 100/110% Acc and then Alacrity 6-9% you're not going to have enough stat budget leftover to really worry about Crit diminishing returns especially on introductory gear. Acc is the most important stat and now that it reduces the GCD non-DR Alac is a straight DPS increase for everyone. Alac starts heavy DR at ~8% and Crit at ~39%.

The real argument is PvP builds that don't need Acc and for whom Alac is iffy. These are ticky tack points that don't really matter until you've been wiping on HM Revan and your guild is turning into an episode of Survivor.

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.

Medullah posted:

Non-Entity, best part of the tank is the classic targeting computer -

You're welcome.

Both DVL speeders pew pew. Well, the bike pew pews.

The tank just pews.

Anyway, As far as hiding in the turret, I couldn't control the animations, but only could select the pose. So that's what I went with.

neurotic
Apr 27, 2013

As interesting as the new lore is, I do wish they just continued with the KOTOR lore, there is so much from the comics and KOTOR 2 to draw from. I realize they wanted to go in a totally new direction, given that they thought KOTOR was about Revan, but I preferred KOTOR 2. Too bad all we get as a reference to KOTOR 2 is the Exile (outside of the cosmetic gear, Kreia's robes for example).

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Late KOTET spoilers:

Yeah. Yup. Pretty much.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

nonentity posted:

You're welcome.

Both DVL speeders pew pew. Well, the bike pew pews.

The tank just pews.

Anyway, As far as hiding in the turret, I couldn't control the animations, but only could select the pose. So that's what I went with.

There's a DvL speeder? What reward level was that?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Prism posted:

There's a DvL speeder? What reward level was that?

Valiant -

Legendary -

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

So does the command XP requirement go up higher every time you level? Or does it plateau at some point, because if it doesn't plateau, that's one hell of a grind to get remotely geared.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Yes, and it caps at 300, though afterwards you still technically "level" and get loot boxes every time you hit an XP threshold.

edit: Also I finally decided to knock out the warzones for the Booming Vocoder quest today, which turns out was good timing because the CXP bonus is currently set to those. Huttball and Voidstar are fun. Arenas and Novare, decidedly less so. Hypergate is p. cool specifically because it borrows from the Death Star briefing animation in ANH for the overload phase.

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Dec 5, 2016

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I got to GC rank 8 tonight, nearly 9, on the strength of thinking that there were only like 15 ranks. There are 300 ranks. And what am I going to use this high-end gear for exactly once I grind out getting it? There's no more single player content and nobody wants to do anything in groups anymore.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Lyer posted:

So does the command XP requirement go up higher every time you level? Or does it plateau at some point, because if it doesn't plateau, that's one hell of a grind to get remotely geared.

dulfy has the cxp requirements, the amount needed goes up pretty slowly. http://dulfy.net/2016/11/29/swtor-galactic-command-guide/

I'm already bored with grinding cxp and I'm only at 16.

Virar
Jul 21, 2007
This space is blank.

Does time work differently for BW?

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Virar posted:

Does time work differently for BW?

More like the timing for heroics aren't consistent. The original ones (Korriban/Coruscant/Hoth...etc..) are weekly but then others like the ones for Ziost are daily with a weekly one that's more of a here's a freebie since you've done the others kinda thing.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Oh, I figured out how to start the KOTFE stuff - didn't realise it was activated through the UI, figured it was missions activated through my flight computer. :downs:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

sassassin posted:

Did you not see the KOTFE cinematic trailer with Arcann & his brother in it?

Yeah, but that didn't make me like Arcann. He seemed distinctly villainous.

sassassin posted:

Inquisitor

Wow that was quite the non-ending to chapter two.

It gets better.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Oye, someone tell me Vaylin becomes interesting. Not really a fan of the smack talking cutsey psychopathic antagonist thing.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I had no idea Tora could replace Koth if you pissed on his dumb baby feelings and he runs away. She dunked Senya in chapter 15.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

poptart_fairy posted:

Oye, someone tell me Vaylin becomes interesting. Not really a fan of the smack talking cutsey psychopathic antagonist thing.

I love her and want to marry her.

prefect posted:

Yeah, but that didn't make me like Arcann. He seemed distinctly villainous.

The guy just wanted to make his dad proud, and it cost him everything.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

poptart_fairy posted:

No, that's pretty much it.

Dely Apple posted:

I had no idea Tora could replace Koth if you pissed on his dumb baby feelings and he runs away. She dunked Senya in chapter 15.

Tora is way better than Koth and deserved more screen-time.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Aleth posted:

No, that's pretty much it.

welp

I have Valkorion's silky smooth voice to comfort me, at least.

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.

Aleth posted:

Tora is way better than Koth and deserved more screen-time.

everyone else : ohnooo the Commander is injured what will we dooo

Tora: CAN I HAVE HER STUFF

Tora is the best. :colbert:

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
I didn't even *choke* her for that one.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

poptart_fairy posted:

Nope. Vaylin is a stupid teen fiction edgelord to the very end.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Aleth posted:

I sure did, and I was playing my goody two shoes Consular, too.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Slim Killington posted:

Nope. Vaylin is a stupid teen fiction edgelord to the very end.

Well to be fair she gets a little bit of characterization once you learn that Valkorian gave her the Rose Kennedy to block some of her Force power since he knew she'd become more powerful than him some day.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Well to be fair she gets a little bit of characterization once you learn that Valkorian gave her the Rose Kennedy to block some of her Force power since he knew she'd become more powerful than him some day.

Not to mention that (final chapter spoilers)it feels pretty good siccing spirit-Vaylin on Valkorian at the end there.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Cross-Section posted:

Not to mention that (final chapter spoilers)it feels pretty good siccing spirit-Vaylin on Valkorian at the end there.

Yeah, they're both assholes, but it was fun making them fight each other to the death.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I was sad that in the end my Jedi Knight wasn't able to ram her lightsaber through the Eternal Throne and tell the whole Eternal Fleet to get hosed.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

howe_sam posted:

I was sad that in the end my Jedi Knight wasn't able to ram her lightsaber through the Eternal Throne and tell the whole Eternal Fleet to get hosed.

You have to embrace your destiny.

Thou must.

Have you embraced it yet?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

sassassin posted:

You have to embrace your destiny.

Thou must.

Have you embraced it yet?

I was working on embracing it, but now the servers are going down for maintenance.

TIL that the voice actress for Vaylin is also the voice actress for the advisor in Civilization VI. :monocle:

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

prefect posted:

I was working on embracing it, but now the servers are going down for maintenance.

TIL that the voice actress for Vaylin is also the voice actress for the advisor in Civilization VI. :monocle:

Moooother! We should build a THEATRE DISTRICT! >:(

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
Nice sudden maintenance during EU peakj hours. Thank you BW

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Hahahaha another stacking exploit. Go go QA

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Aleth posted:

I did on my Light Sided Sith Warrior who never force choked anyone until that point. It made sense for everything she'd gone through so far that she was finally justified enough to force choke someone as she keeled over from the gut stabbing.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Played for two and a half hours tonight. Between heroic missions (all of DK and Imp Balmorra's) and 4 space missions, I got 8 levels. Then i spent the next half hour doing normal missions on nar Shaddaa and got another level.

9 levels in less than 3 hours. I honestly don't understand how anyone can be under leveled.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

M_Sinistrari posted:

I did on my Light Sided Sith Warrior who never force choked anyone until that point. It made sense for everything she'd gone through so far that she was finally justified enough to force choke someone as she keeled over from the gut stabbing.

Same. I'm dying and this idiot who I saved earlier is making jokes (or being serious, which is even worse)?

Now I have access to legacy force choke I'm going to have a hard time not using it constantly on every character.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

KittyEmpress posted:

Played for two and a half hours tonight. Between heroic missions (all of DK and Imp Balmorra's) and 4 space missions, I got 8 levels. Then i spent the next half hour doing normal missions on nar Shaddaa and got another level.

9 levels in less than 3 hours. I honestly don't understand how anyone can be under leveled.

3 hours is a long time.

I can do three story planets in 3 hours. That's the content I enjoy.

I'm not going to spend 3 hours just leveling up. Levels have literally no value to me beyond accessing the story. It's wasted time. I've deleted most of my characters I've finished the class stories for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

sassassin posted:

3 hours is a long time.

I can do three story planets in 3 hours. That's the content I enjoy.

I'm not going to spend 3 hours just leveling up. Levels have literally no value to me beyond accessing the story. It's wasted time. I've deleted most of my characters I've finished the class stories for.

Boy will you ever hate your life once (if) you get to the Galactic Command grind :allears:

• Locked thread