Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Spoeank posted:

I would probably go McDonald, M'ladywicz, Brate. Fiedorowicz and McDonald are a toss up though. Lots of targets for both, GB bad against TEs and the Bears have good season-long totals but are currently half dead on defense. CJ/Vance is a go with your personal gut call.

WHOOPS WE FORGOT TO CHECK THE FORECAST :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Inspector_666 posted:

Hahah absolutely. loving lol. I swapped out Ertz (50 yards and a TD) for Vance (dick in his hands).

yay.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Inspector_666 posted:

Yeah I'm tilting everywhere I DIDNT CHECK FOR THE SNOW

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
The team I put Vance on is getting poo poo all over anyway. Brees :lol:

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Inspector_666 posted:

The team I put Vance on is getting poo poo all over anyway. Brees :lol:

Ha this is me too. And he just threw another pick. Jesus H Christ.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/PFTCommenter/status/805514099002056708

:lol:

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
Seriously can anyone explain this one? What the gently caress happened against the Lions? Did the dome break and it was snowing in that game too?

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Tiptoes posted:

Seriously can anyone explain this one? What the gently caress happened against the Lions? Did the dome break and it was snowing in that game too?

Lions just had great pass protection. 3 interceptions. Brees had over 300 yards so it wasn't a waste. Just a really off day.

DeliciousMonster
Sep 2, 2007
I regret some things!
I'm going to miss the playoffs by about ten points thanks to Kaep making GBS threads the bed. Really should've checked that forecast.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

DeliciousMonster posted:

I'm going to miss the playoffs by about ten points thanks to Kaep making GBS threads the bed. Really should've checked that forecast.
Same :smith:

well. Still have Baldwin against all odds.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

coronaball posted:

The Niners-Bears game projects to be played in snow if you want to use that as a tiebreaker vs. similar players. I don't think it hurts Kaepernick that much since he went to Reno and handled himself in that 0 degree playoff game vs. GB , but if you need a tiebreaker for McDonald or Meredith, that might be it. And may God help you if you're starting another pass-catcher in that game

:lol:

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Post those comments in the sit/start thread next time pleaseeeee. I missed it and started McDonald. It didn't hurt me or anything but still.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
Holy poo poo, Cam Newton is being benched tonight?

edit: Well, looks like he's starting.

Sleeperbot said he wouldn't be starting for disciplinary reasons. My mistake.

edit: I never realized there were gameday threads. My mistake. AGAIN.

decypher fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Dec 5, 2016

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
Derek Anderson started...poorly.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Man I'm glad I burned the top waiver priority I'd been sitting on all season long to add Prosise instead of Rawls a week or two back. And then declined (real bad, but still) trade offers for Prosise all week until he died.

:negative:

e: whoops thought this was the GDT

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Dec 5, 2016

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Spoeank posted:

This poo poo ain't on Chip.

The 49ers are actually light years ahead offensively compared to last year.

It's the garbage roster Baalke built and the toxic environment fostered by Jed that led to Jim Harbaugh's firing.

Oh and O'Neil is warmed over poo poo rear end garbage.

I MEAN THESE ARE THE TOP 50 PICKS IN THE LAST FIVE DRAFTS

DeF. Buckner DE 7
Joshua Garnett G 28

Arik Armstead DT 17
Jaquiski Tartt SS 46

Jimmie Ward DB 30

Eric Reid DB 18
Tank Carradine DE 40

AJ Jenkins WR 30

Aldon Smith DE 7
C Kaepernick QB 36

How is Chip as a HC? I honestly thought the team looked better than I expected. The team seems like they know what they are doing, just incapable of doing it. If Chip came back, would you be upset?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Chip has a gimmick and both Kaep and Hyde probably fit well with that gimmick. But the team needs an offensive line, some improvements on d, and most importantly, like five wide recievers who aren't garbage.

Chip isn't the right coach to take what he has on the roster and adapt a game plan that maximizes their potential by playing to their strengths. I think he's actually trying to do that, but it's not resulting in wins.

I don't know if there is a coach that could win with this roster, mind you. Chip should get at least one more season, but if they don't have a major turnaround during the draft and free agency system, he should probably loving quit.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I legitimately want Chip back. His schemes and such work well with Kaepernick's strengths and weaknesses. If he had Matt Ryan back there it would be a mess but it works with Kaepernick (of course Kaepernick voided his contract today but who is going to pay him but us).

This roster is a trash heap and people point to how Paisano Jimmy had more wins than Chip but those wins were crazy, crazy flukes. He needs to fire his defensive coordinator but the offense has been light years better than last year. They're gettin curb stomped because Jim O'Neil is awful and Chip is bearing the sins of his DC's terrible scheme and play calling.

Also the 49ers' best linebacker by far (Ahmad Brooks) was their worst linebacker by far in the Super Bowl so that tells you all you need to know about the talent.

Our #2 and #4 receivers (Kerley and Streater) were literally cut by other teams this preseason.

It's trash everywhere and Chip is just doing his best with what he's got, and the offense at least is improved.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Like there has to be a dozen unemployed free agent wide recievers out there right now who are better than quinton patton.

Kerley might be an ok wr4 for the team. I'd like to see all of the rest traded away and the team should take the best wr available with their second, third, fourth, and fifth picks.

Also just a reminder that anquan boldin was available for the entire preseason but the niners didn't want him. And the. iners entered the regular season with a massive amount of unused cap space, too.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

They also need DBs with those picks
And LBs.
And QBs.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Without wideouts they can just go without a qb and snap the ball directly to hyde and draughn.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I feel like Chip (without GM powers), Kaep, and Hyde could actually be the core of a good team? But yeah the defense and surrounding cast is such a trash fire I dunno if they can turn it around in time to matter.

This was a REALLY long but interesting read as to why Chip's offense went from amazing to a giant turd in like one year in Philly: https://theringer.com/chip-kelly-san-francisco-49ers-offense-f332f053870e#.6bx85gxpn

e: changed great to good, because

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.

ColdBlooded posted:

Would it be considered a dick move to place waiver claims for Rivers and Kap in order to try and block my upcoming opponent from picking both of them up?
They're by far the best QBs available and he has Mariota on bye this week with no other QBs on the roster. I have Brady as my QB, so he'll be starting for me regardless. (unless his knee flares up I guess)

If I don't win this week, I likely miss the playoffs (thanks Brandin Cooks). $20 entry to the league and it's myself and 9 friends so it's not super serious or anything, but still a decent payout to win and I have a good enough team to win in the playoffs should I get there.

So my opponent only put a bid in for Kaepernick; I outbid him so he picked up Alex Smith instead. Not that Smith had a big day but I'm likely going to lose because of him as well as Matt Prater putting up 18 points. :suicide:

Also I'm dumb and started Martellus Bennett even though I knew it was a bad idea.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Assuming no scoring changes and that Quincy Eunewa doesn't have negative scoring, I'm going 5-0 this week and really needed it for the playoffs. Think I will make 3 or 4 out of 5 playoff runs, just missing one by a hair.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum
Got 2.2 points from kaep and still put up 136. Thanks pitta, rawls, dj, and Blount

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Would have won if I had started anyone else but Kaep

a little solace in none of the 3 people I needed to lose did

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Lost by .18 because I played Rivers over Stafford. Still have a bye next week but I would have really liked to wrap up the number 1 seed.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Bilal Powell against the Niners next week

I'm thinking of dropping Cam, AJ Green, or Taylor Gabriel for him who are all on my bench.

Need to win to guarantee a playoff spot

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
I'm up by 5, he has Hilton and I have Gore left. This is the league/team where I traded Hilton to get Gore. Looks like tonight we'll find out how bad of a trade it was.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Lol of course Joe Flacco 2 Dennis Pitta is the unbeatable stack of the week because it's 2016 and we're in the darkest timeline and nothing matters.

At least Malcolm Mitchell is loving awesome.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Man, I picked the right week to trade away Colin Kaepernick in a Superflex league. I expect he bounces back, but still. Yeesh.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Forever_Peace posted:

Lol of course Joe Flacco 2 Dennis Pitta is the unbeatable stack of the week because it's 2016 and we're in the darkest timeline and nothing matters.

At least Malcolm Mitchell is loving awesome.

So is Joe Flacco elite though?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
My team crushed my friends team and kept him out of the playoffs so I know I'm going to put up like 50 points next week

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I crushed my opponent this week by 50 and the guy in 3rd place won. So I'm getting the #1 seed baby!!!!!

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Assuming that TY Hilton doesn't put up 44 points, I'm the #1 seed going into the playoffs.

Not just that, but since I won the inaugural season last year, the league is currently named "<MY NAME> Must Not Win" and my winning this week to cement the #1 seed will also knock the commissioner from 5th to like, 8th place and knock him out of the playoffs entirely.

:smugdog:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I did all that effort to snatch up quarterbacks because my opponent had an un-backed up Mariota and he ended up with Flacco.

I won anyway.

I started Kaepernick and Vance McDonald.

None of this matters.

:shrug:

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Dec 5, 2016

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

'Bout to waltz into my 10-team league's 4-team playoffs next week with the #1 seed and a stacked roster:

10-team league of friends who are mostly casual players, so pretty sure literally anyone in this thread could crush everyone even harder than I am. I'll be salty as heck when I inevitably get beaten by a fraction of a point in someone's garbage time.

I mostly just want to brag, sorry.

ID129
Jul 9, 2007
I need Andrew Luck to get at least 22 points tonight so I can make it to the playoffs and then lose in the first round.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Spoeank posted:

I did all that effort to snatch up quarterbacks because my opponent had an un-backed up Mariota and he ended up with Flacco.

I won anyway.

I started Kaepernick and Vance McDonald.

None of this matters.

:shrug:

I'm telling you that Jared Cook is going to do something of significant value sometime in the next three weeks because it's literally the only thing left to break our collective psyche. If you just accept it now, it'll be that much easier to process later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

ID129 posted:

I need Andrew Luck to get at least 22 points tonight so I can make it to the playoffs and then lose in the first round.

I think I can live with this if Gore gets 18.

• Locked thread