Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
So I got a PS4 in my house and picked up a copy of 2K17. The lack of a showcase mode is interesting. There is a lot of great additions.

However, I'm curious about custom signs. Is that a thing? We'd love to make some for our CAWs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

cant believe they nerfed Testicular Claw

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Skunkrocker posted:

So I got a PS4 in my house and picked up a copy of 2K17. The lack of a showcase mode is interesting. There is a lot of great additions.

However, I'm curious about custom signs. Is that a thing? We'd love to make some for our CAWs.

Nobody gave a shot about showcase mode

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Big Bidness posted:

Without going back to look at old patch notes, it feels like this is the most 2K has ever tried to fix a WWE game post-release.

Thats only because their last patch absolutely busted certain aspects. As long as they have DLC planned they'll patch it.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Online's kind of amusing now that people still haven't quite figured out that the ground penalty is back. You get a lot of folk who are clearly used to spamming stomps to build their finisher and freak out when you get a free reversal.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
I love that the issues range from "Tooltips showed up always" to "Managers could break the count by entering the ring" to "Christian and Viktor magically didn't have their belts."

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
Have they ever made an option for any of the 2k games where the controls are really easy to use like the n64 games?

All I loving want is wrestlemania 2000 and I'm willing to pay $60 for it every year like I did when I had to mow lawns and shovel driveways.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Golden Bee posted:

I love that the issues range from "Tooltips showed up always" to "Managers could break the count by entering the ring" to "Christian and Viktor magically didn't have their belts."

I can't say they aren't putting in a good effort. Most games ship with dozens-to-hundreds of little feature bugs that are considered cost of doing business. May want to consider not sweating the small stuff, though.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
There are new bugs on the PS4 version I've noticed.
- Adding a logo to a minitron or titantron in arena creation causes the game to crash.
- Trying to render an in game animation causes the game to crash.

The more things are fixed the more they stay broken, I guess.

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

The American Dream posted:

Have they ever made an option for any of the 2k games where the controls are really easy to use like the n64 games?

All I loving want is wrestlemania 2000 and I'm willing to pay $60 for it every year like I did when I had to mow lawns and shovel driveways.

You're not the only one in this boat. There's Pro Wrestling X, which is a PC game that is pretty much exactly this, but it's very much a work in progress. Alternately, I'd pay $60 for Fire Pro with pretty graphics. As it stands, I have FPR on my PS3 and an N64 with No Mercy and my CAWS that I made back in 2001.

Edit: Does anyone in the world still mess around with TNM or are games like EWR or TEW the go to for booking sims now?

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011

EdsTeioh posted:

Edit: Does anyone in the world still mess around with TNM or are games like EWR or TEW the go to for booking sims now?

I think the last time I touched TNM was in 2003 during the week I thought starting an e-fed would be a good idea.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I loved TNM so much, I sank hundreds of hours into it on school holidays as a teenager

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

I played so much of this from like...I dunno 1997 until around 2003 or so? It was very much my jam, so I guess I should probably move on to one of those Grey Dog games or something. Does anyone remember another text sim called WLS (Wrestling League Simulator)? It focused more on simming a match instead of a fed, but it was cool because it played like a CYOA thing. Like it'd say "Mil Mascaras locks up with Bret Hart. What do you want to do? 1.headlock 2.armbar 3.punch 4.whip into ropes 5.politic to win" then depending on who won the grapple, new moves would unfold and so on. It was a pain to run full leagues, but was kind of cool in a timewaster sort of way. I also recall not being able to import wrestlers in it, so you had to go through and manually create every wrestler in your fed.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Tangentially related, but World's Sweetest Man Jervis Cottonbelly got a PS4 and began to stream Fallout 4 and it's pretty much everything you would expect.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Claytor posted:

I think the last time I touched TNM was in 2003 during the week I thought starting an e-fed would be a good idea.

Starting an e-fed is always a good idea, friend.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Jericho injured Hogan in my 1997 WCW scenario. I always knew that kid wasn't ready for the big time.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

It's kind of a wrestling game so it belongs here; Def Jam Fight for NY is real loving good.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Is Supercard good now? I havent played it aince like two weeks after launch.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

projecthalaxy posted:

Is Supercard good now? I havent played it aince like two weeks after launch.

I play it every day so I can say, unequivocally, no.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Supercard works okay as sort of a wrestling-themed idle clicker while I'm watching TV or whatever. I doubt it'll ever be much more than that.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I broke down and re-downloaded Super Card after quitting in Season 1, was instantly overwhelmed by all the new customizing and combo mechanics, uninstalled it. I feel like I dodged a bullet not going down that dark road again.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Started diving into making CAWS in 2k17, and I love how it gives you almost ALL the options at making a true to life 90's era Great Muta, but then doesn't let you layer on his face paint because they decided to break it up into three different items :wtc:

or am I missing something in the edit menu?

Also gently caress 2K for not adding in Hayabusa/Sabu style pants. Matter of fact, don't even get me started on trying to make a realistic looking Hayabusa in this game, it's driving me crazy.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I'm really loving the ability to import another wrestler's attire as an alt attire for CAWS or existing superstars. The game is decidedly not as fun to actually play as previous years for me, but the creation suite is pretty rad.

Testekill posted:

It's kind of a wrestling game so it belongs here; Def Jam Fight for NY is real loving good.

It's the best game that's ever been produced, wrestling or otherwise. gently caress your Kingdom Hearts

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I just started a fresh play through of Fight for New York and I continue to be amazed at the hidden depth in the game. Some of the hidden style combinations are amazing, playing a Jeet Kun Do fighter really does feel like playing as Bruce Lee.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hi friends, anyone can recommend a good rpg with good story for the pc? I think witcher 3 is the best game ever if it helps. Thank you!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Mass Effect 1-2.999 (just don't finish the third game and make up an ending that makes the best sense to you)

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

IcePhoenix posted:

Mass Effect 1-2.999 (just don't finish the third game and make up an ending that makes the best sense to you)

Not even the dlc saves ME3 ending? Is that bad?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

DoctorGonzo posted:

Not even the dlc saves ME3 ending? Is that bad?

All the DLC takes place before the ending, unless you're talking about the free one they released like a month later to "fix" it in which case it makes the ending better by explaining things a little better but doesn't change the core problem most people had with it.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

It's worth noting that at least me1 and me2 dont work on windows 10 if you have that.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

projecthalaxy posted:

It's worth noting that at least me1 and me2 dont work on windows 10 if you have that.

gently caress, i have them on steam. Should a i get a refund? The collection doesnt work?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

ME2 works for me on Win10

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Glad to be wrong I guess. I was going to pick it up on Black Friday but all the reviews and stuff I looked at said you can't run it on 10.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

IcePhoenix posted:

Someone made a mod that gives you a more traditional Hollywood happy ending, it's aight.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Dragon Age Origins or Dragon Age Inquisition but not Dragon Age 2.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I loved Dragon Age. Origins i played it on the xbox. I heard the other games are bad.

Also Philippa Eilhart was always bad.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

DoctorGonzo posted:

Hi friends, anyone can recommend a good rpg with good story for the pc? I think witcher 3 is the best game ever if it helps. Thank you!

Fallout: New Vegas my friend

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

If you haven't played Planescape: Torment I would recommend it.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Suplex Liberace posted:

this! and also pillars of eternity

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Suplex Liberace posted:

It sucks, play Arcanum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe

Xerzes posted:

It sucks, play Arcanum.

Actually both games are good

New Vegas would be my choice for something modern, make sure to pick up the dlc too since most of it is fantastic