Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

FishBulb posted:

So what are the best shops in festival plaza? I've got a pink dye shop and a 4 star rare kitchen but everything else is kind of meh. Are there anything I should be looking out for?
There's a pretty sweet trick you can do with a two-star Treasure Hunt as a VIP-purchasable shop to buy infinitely many Bottle Caps for 150 FC each, but you don't want to keep it permanently so someone has to take the bullet and leave it in their one-slot.

Dye shops are good. Rare kitchen is good. Lottery places are fine filler. That's about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Alxprit posted:

The issue is if there was a better option for Pheromosa, I'd use it. As it stands I don't think it can learn anything half as good that's 100% accurate.

low sweep :v:

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

when do you get access to the move tutor? i'm on the third island but i'm not allowed to go up where the tutor is hiding???
my marowak ghost with her club is great but it looks like some of the more useful moves are only learned before she evolved(??? why)

also wishwashi is amazing and i love it, if only it's move pool wasn't so shallow

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

AriadneThread posted:

when do you get access to the move tutor? i'm on the third island but i'm not allowed to go up where the tutor is hiding???

Literally right outside the Elite Four. :discourse:

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

Daeren posted:

Literally right outside the Elite Four. :discourse:

goddamnit

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Marowak learning Shadow Bone at 27 and evolving at 28 and NOT learning the Shadow Claw TM and the Move Relearner being right before the Elite Four is the worst thing in the game. Not close.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
It's because the move relearner in this game lets you learn moves you aren't high enough level for as well.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Marowak learning Shadow Bone at 27 and evolving at 28 and NOT learning the Shadow Claw TM and the Move Relearner being right before the Elite Four is the worst thing in the game. Not close.

I'm also a fan of Golisopod learning Razor Shell at 27 and evolving at 30. Only other physical water move it learns is Liquidation at 48 or Waterfall via TM.

Steelion fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Dec 5, 2016

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

Steelion posted:

It's because the move relearner in this game lets you learn moves you aren't high enough level for as well.

??? what's the point of that by then even

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

AriadneThread posted:

More point than you'd think, honestly. Pheromosa gets caught at 60 and learns High Jump Kick at 67 and I'm lazy. There's plenty of stuff that learns a good move late enough that you can just shrug and toss a Heart Scale at it, especially since you literally buy them for ~500 bucks per this gen.

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012

AriadneThread posted:

I'd imagine that if you want to only level your pokemon to 50, you can still get access to its whole movepool for online play.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
I did briefly think about using it to teach my Salazzle Dragon Pulse a couple levels early before I fought the E4, so there you go.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
holy loving poo poo i'm replaying the game as female mc b/c i have the other game and WHY IS MALE FASHION LIKE THIS :livintrope:

nonsense

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Emalde posted:

holy loving poo poo i'm replaying the game as female mc b/c i have the other game and WHY IS MALE FASHION LIKE THIS :livintrope:

nonsense

sludge cap/pants + iconic tee and zebra shoes is all you need on a dude, my dude

Specto
Jun 28, 2010
50 wins in super singles :toot: A few rough battles near the end, but the 50th guy was kinda a pushover thankfully. Shame I don't have much use for the 50BP bonus, since I've been bashing my head against the battle tree for awhile and already have most of the things I want and all the mega stones anyways. Guess it's time to come up with a doubles team.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Getting a full box of Zygarde ended up being a very hollow victory, so onto the next hairbrained scheme

An army of Buzzswole!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Sockser posted:

Getting a full box of Zygarde ended up being a very hollow victory, so onto the next hairbrained scheme

An army of Buzzswole!
No Celesteela :negative:

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

DACK FAYDEN posted:

More point than you'd think, honestly. Pheromosa gets caught at 60 and learns High Jump Kick at 67 and I'm lazy. There's plenty of stuff that learns a good move late enough that you can just shrug and toss a Heart Scale at it, especially since you literally buy them for ~500 bucks per this gen.

okay, but i'm not sold on it being worth locking it out of the main game, especially when it seems so much easier to just grind exp now
oh well

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

DACK FAYDEN posted:

No, I didn't mean "ugh, they're harder to catch in full health form", I meant "ugh, it's not random so I have to catch and not breed".

What's with GTS's hard-on for specifically Celesteela? I would have expected more Pheromosa demand but I'm going Castform>Celesteela>[random BB mon] frequently.
Robo-Kaguya is the best and coolest Ultra Beast :colbert:

But goddamn nobody wants Pheromosa at all, I'm having worse luck trying to pawn off my kickroaches than I am random Minior (which have gotten me most of the new Pokemon so far).

Roshambo
Jan 18, 2010
I need help from a goon trading off some of my held item evolvers. Scizor, Electavire, Magmortar, and Porygons. I think the last pokemon I need in my dex is Froslass after I get these out of the way. I can provide any of several good breeding mons for GTS trade fodder as payment. Also, you get the traded ones in your dex as well!

I'm in discord and my friend info is:
Ricky
0834-1351-6685

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Wonder trade luck tonight..just sent off spearow and got a Lunala in return! Also got a Dhelmise which is neat. Also a Mimikyu just now woot :)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

U.T. Raptor posted:

But goddamn nobody wants Pheromosa at all, I'm having worse luck trying to pawn off my kickroaches than I am random Minior (which have gotten me most of the new Pokemon so far).
Yeah, it's weird because it's got such insane stats and yet nobody seems to want them. Celesteela (for Tapus if needed) has been great for getting me stuff, but Pheromosa, nope.

e: Ha, operation "search for evolved forms instead" got me at least one new Beast Ball mon!

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Dec 5, 2016

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Ignite Memories posted:

Explain palkia

What's to explain about a dick dragon?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

spit on my clit posted:

sludge cap/pants + iconic tee and zebra shoes is all you need on a dude, my dude

But the girls get all of that and more.

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Zaekkor posted:

Wonder trade luck tonight..just sent off spearow and got a Lunala in return! Also got a Dhelmise which is neat. Also a Mimikyu just now woot :)

I was sending out a bunch of 5IV Mimikyu earlier, did it have a dumb misspelled pikachu name?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

But the girls get all of that and more.

well darn! but really, why would you need a shirt that isnt the iconic tee?

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

Unhappy Meal posted:

I was sending out a bunch of 5IV Mimikyu earlier, did it have a dumb misspelled pikachu name?

I've been doing exactly this for the past few days, dozens of 4-5 IV Mimikyus with slightly different ways to misspell Pikachu, like P!kachu, Pikachv, Pykachw, P:kachu, Pikachu...?

Great minds think alike, I suppose.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Got a beast ball Magikarp from wonder trade. I guess Magikarp would be easy to get in a beast ball.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Jarogue posted:

Got a beast ball Magikarp from wonder trade. I guess Magikarp would be easy to get in a beast ball.
Yeah, but only two people on the spreadsheet have bothered. Nobody gets the unsexy stuff!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

spit on my clit posted:

well darn! but really, why would you need a shirt that isnt the iconic tee?

True, but they really dropped the ball by not having a matching iconic hat and iconic pants.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Why would you need anything other than a Hunter S. Thompson outfit as a dude? :confused:

e: we can't stop here this is Crobat country

Axel Serenity fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Dec 5, 2016

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

True, but they really dropped the ball by not having a matching iconic hat and iconic pants.

get out of my game aiden pearce

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Unhappy Meal posted:

Haha no just the normal name.

My Lunala is 100..assuming hacked?

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Where are the best spots to EV train? I'm getting tired of hunting for certain Pokemon to show that never call for help

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Where are the best spots to EV train? I'm getting tired of hunting for certain Pokemon to show that never call for help

HP
2 EV: Clefairy chain in Ula'Ula (Hokulani Peak)
1 EV: Caterpie in Melemele (Melemele Gardens)
Attack
2 EV: Gumshoos in many places during the day
1 EV: Machop and Rockruff in Ten Carat Hill
Defense
2 EV: Metapod in Melemele Gardens or Pelipper after Ula'Ula. Hakamo-o chain in Poni canyon
1 EV: Roggenrola in Ten Carat Hill
Special Attack
2 EV: Oricorio in any island garden or Haunter in Ula'Ula
1 EV: Gastly in Melemele cemetery or Petilil in Moon's Melemele Gardens
Special Defense
2 EV: Araquanid in Malie Garden
1 EV: Ledyba in Melemele or Misdreavus in Melemele Cemetery
Speed
2 EV: Raticate during night, Fearow, Golbat and Ribombee all after Ula'Ula, Pikachu in Melemele and Fletchinder in Akala
1 EV: Rattata during night, Spearow, Zubat and Cutiefly before Ula'Ula, Salandit in Akala, Luvdisc, Finneon or Magikarp in water, Cottonee in Sun's Melemele Gardens

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Has anyone else already complained about how you can only buy red clothes from shops in Sun? In moon you can only get red clothes by either A) randomly asking people in festival plaza if you can buy a random piece of their outfit or B) dying white clothes at a dye shop, which can only be gotten randomly.

It just kinda pisses me off because red is my favorite color.

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Has anyone else already complained about how you can only buy red clothes from shops in Sun? In moon you can only get red clothes by either A) randomly asking people in festival plaza if you can buy a random piece of their outfit or B) dying white clothes at a dye shop, which can only be gotten randomly.

It just kinda pisses me off because red is my favorite color.

loving Sun got all the bright colors. It's awful.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Unhappy Meal posted:

loving Sun got all the bright colors. It's awful.

And moon got all the cold colors like blue and purple...

The saddest part about this is that it makes it really hard to get a blue pleated skirt and a designer red ribbon top in the same game so I can't have my character cosplay as sailor moon :smith:

loving Pokemon Eclipse or whatever better have the full rainbow of clothing colors gamefreak! :argh:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I think the fortune teller might be good to have in festival plaza. I had one day where it said I might have good luck in festival plaza itself and suddenly the FC I was getting from guest requests was doubled. I went from rank 40 to 51 in a day and it didn't involve grinding missions.

The problem with the fortune teller is that it is not consistent or guaranteed. Good luck with the lottery? Well, it could give you two bottlecaps, it could give you a berry juice.

spit on my clit posted:

*Grimer is curious about your fashion

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

And moon got all the cold colors like blue and purple...

The saddest part about this is that it makes it really hard to get a blue pleated skirt and a designer red ribbon top in the same game so I can't have my character cosplay as sailor moon :smith:

loving Pokemon Eclipse or whatever better have the full rainbow of clothing colors gamefreak! :argh:

256 shades of black

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

Yay, I managed to beat battle tree normal singles with Mimikyu, Whimsicott, and Espeon despite having no good answer to steel! :v: Saps trying to z-move disguised mimikyu will never not be funny.

I should probably get a good fire type before trying to get further, though, and unfortunately it will probably replace Whimsicott because the prankster nerf sucks.

Please recommend a cute fire pokemon tia