Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

I forgive you, Will. Will you forgive me?

VanSandman posted:

The stupid Friends fanfiction people write about a non-existent game is real dumb.

Is there not a "True Friends" fmv game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

GenericOverusedName posted:

In Overwatch, Roadhog (fat guy) has a big hook he can launch out to hook peeps and drag em in and wave hi or shoot them point blank in the face or whatever. Sombra (the player character in this video) can set up a teleport beacon and teleport back to that location. What happens when both of these abilities occur at once?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMZTGY6X2A0
My new favorite thing in Overwatch is playing Junkrat and tossing bear traps on top of every teleport beacon I see, but that was pretty magical :magical:

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

synthetik posted:

Is there not a "True Friends" fmv game?

No, it's a long-rear end joke on normies.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Oh VanSandman, when will you stop being a Friends truther?! Are you still just mad that Telltale cancelled their episodic adaptation of The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Mierenneuker posted:

Oh VanSandman, when will you stop being a Friends truther?! Are you still just mad that Telltale cancelled their episodic adaptation of The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air?

I'm still mad about that. :negative:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

VanSandman posted:

The stupid Friends fanfiction people write about a non-existent game is real dumb.

so is your FACE

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Shady Amish Terror posted:

Dwarf Fortress is a never-ending font of the most incredible bugs, glitches, and exploits, and has probably had its own thread for that at some point. Dwarves climbing into trees for fruit and then starving because they forgot to climb back down has been all but normalized into the game experience. Amateur necromancers being suspected of necromancy by their own creations and fleeing. Various things exploding because they start on Embark at thousands of degrees (barrels of alcohol, pets, DWARVES...). Giant rampaging megabeasts spontaneously becoming semi-tame and (mostly) peacefully coexisting with dwarven civs. Entire layers of the parts of bodies being made of random materials, like skin made of chalk that melted in the rain. Mining the impossible unobtanium bedrock of the world, as dense as a neutron star, and painstakingly carrying boulders of it up to the fort over the course of months. Diplomats that also had kidnapper, thief, building-destroyer, or other less-than-optimal-diplomacy tags. Inept vampires trying to blame babies for their crimes (though this is more of a feature). Infinite power through water-pump loops. Dropping a tile of aquifer in a cave-in so that you have an infinite fresh-water source anywhere below that point that you want. Entire machines that create obsidian boulders that immediately cave in onto anything below as a defense mechanism. Launching loaded mine-carts through arrow-slits as projectiles, and then later only slightly more sensibly using minecarts and arrow-slits to launch boulder-shot at invaders. Invaders who were at one point in time stoppable by telling them they weren't allowed to path into the fort. Ridiculous mega-artifacts created over the course of years using thousands of units of materials by a dwarf who never in the entire process stops to eat, sleep, or drink. The list is almost literally endless.

By far the most amazing thing about Dwarf Fortress is how many of those glitches and weirdnesses are really loving cool ideas. Toady deserves a huge amount of credit for thinking of some of them- a dwarf in a Strange Mood not needing to eat or sleep until their dread creation is realised (no matter how long it takes and who needs to die), for example, is totally on him- but a nigh-invincible demon with skin of chalk that dies when it goes out in the rain is A) not something that could have been planned ahead of time and B) loving rad as poo poo and it's such an obvious, clean concept I'm actually surprised it isn't an established bit of folklore. A necromancer raising a bunch of Puritan zombies who won't be having anything to do with (gasp) necromancy thank you very much, that's a really good joke. And a machine that slams water and magma into each other to create semi-permanent balls of obsidian-encased hot-stone death would be a cutscene in any other game in the world.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

This just accurately reflects diversity among techies.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

Grandmother of Five posted:

she sounds lovely

She started off asleep and then because of my laughing she wasnt

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkIVwklZApw

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

VanSandman posted:

Just because you can't find a copy doesn't mean it's fake. Maybe you should be a little more devoted to your FRIENDS, huh?

cubicle gangster posted:

I know they're not real glitches but I can't stop watching 'car boys' on YouTube. My girlfriend got mad at me because I was laughing too much.

The bits where the game bugs out are real. Similarly, I'm loving their new skyrim series even though so far there's only been one bug I'm aware of.

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

I forgive you, Will. Will you forgive me?

VanSandman posted:

No, it's a long-rear end joke on normies.

:psyduck:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I was away from SA for so long and catching up on this thread took months because I didn't want to rush it. Had to appreciate it all.

I'm kind of sad I'm caught up. Game glitches are consistently the most hilarious thing in the world.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

that's just me skiing

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Lobok posted:

Game glitches are consistently the most hilarious thing in the world.

And it even makes sense, since a huge portion of comedy is based on subverting audience expectations and you know that there's always a reason for everything so it isn't just random monkey cheese.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Kennel posted:

And it even makes sense, since a huge portion of comedy is based on subverting audience expectations and you know that there's always a reason for everything so it isn't just random monkey cheese.

You could write a whole paper on the humour involved. It looks so stupid on the surface but there's so much going on. The physical comedy, the cartoonish absurdity, the earnestness of it all... man.

Anyway, I like this one:
"Hey, don't lean on my car!"
"I'm not, dude. You'll see."

Pursued by bees
Jan 1, 2013

heartful of fire
with no one left to tell

This is supposed to be horror game, right? Because holy poo poo those crunching noises and grunts :stonk:

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

I sat looking at this as it looped like 4 or 5 times thinking "I don't get it, what's the glitch?"

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

neogeo0823 posted:

I sat looking at this as it looped like 4 or 5 times thinking "I don't get it, what's the glitch?"

The ref is just impersonating the Undertaker.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

We Know Catheters posted:

The ref is just impersonating the Undertaker.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Now the most glitchy thing these games have produced, but I chuckled.

http://i.imgur.com/eVSKQmE.mp4

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

marshmallow creep posted:

Now the most glitchy thing these games have produced, but I chuckled.

http://i.imgur.com/eVSKQmE.mp4

I love how the turret turns to you, like "a little help here?" or "real funny, jackass".

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

It's better than the alternative.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Just a couple small things I had lying around on my hard drive.

First, Mafia 3 seems to have trouble with its cars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyWXegMsOzU

Second, Deus Ex3 has magical cops that just warp you to a police checkpoint and bouncy, grunty thugs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tByNu_pK3qs

Wapole Languray
Jul 4, 2012

Three men held hostage by stripper, commit wine-induced suicide to escape.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLEpNrPuhxY

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Wapole Languray posted:

Three men held hostage by stripper, commit wine-induced suicide to escape.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLEpNrPuhxY

Truly, video games have come a long way.

E:

Fathis Munk has a new favorite as of 01:15 on Dec 4, 2016

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

those arent glitches, thats just typical xbox 360 netcode when trying to race against someone in another hemisphere

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
http://i.imgur.com/1S0W1uj.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/Z7hhPox.gifv

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Please don't doxx the Polish Hussars

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I don't understand how the tank walked away from that. I've played enough Civilization to know that the odds were stacked against it.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Huh, he must have been riding a Pinto.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Looks more like a mustang

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Mierenneuker posted:

I don't understand how the tank walked away from that. I've played enough Civilization to know that the odds were stacked against it.

A tank is just a horse that paid 90 gold.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Anyone have a .gif of that AVGN Berenstein Bears genesis glitch? When daughter bear starts flying all over the place. It's hilarious.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Anyone have a .gif of that AVGN Berenstein Bears genesis glitch? When daughter bear starts flying all over the place. It's hilarious.

https://zippy.gfycat.com/FatalWeightyFairyfly.webm

Kennel has a new favorite as of 01:20 on Dec 5, 2016

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Thank you so much, that's hilarious.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

This is arguably a feature instead of a glitch, but I thought it would be appropriate for this thread.
https://twitter.com/eroji/status/804986183709143040

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED
Nice to see all that development time paying off.