Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
I'll be the daily status meeting invite sent from an iPad which somehow gets exchange all hosed up and prompts each day for all attendees except the organizer to accept the meeting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

fine ill be the meeting that sends a cancelation email to remove it from your calendar after you already declined it

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
ill be the meeting minutes from the meeting you thought was cancelled that are hilariously slanted against you because you weren't there

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

im the recurring meeting scheduled every monday for the past 2 months and the next indefinitely that we've never held but instead received cancellation notices for the day of between 2 hours before and 5 minutes after the start time

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

this is our weekly stand up meeting for this project. we've literally never had it.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

just listen to Stand Up by Ludacris instead

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp
ah speaking of dial ins, my boss just sent an email out to the whole team asking that everyone attend our project status meeting in person

cuz i assume he's entirely ignorant of the fact that almost everyone who dials in does so cuz they're remote mondays, and a t minus 30 minutes request that they show up is futile.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Bloody posted:

this is our weekly stand up meeting for this project. we've literally never had it.

also the project doesn't exist except for in the mind of a single pm

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

mishaq posted:

also the project doesn't exist except for in the mind of a single pm

lol if only. ive worked on it full-time for years

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

Bloody posted:

lol if only. ive worked on it full-time for years

so, it's you... it only exists in your mind

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

Iridium posted:

ah speaking of dial ins, my boss just sent an email out to the whole team asking that everyone attend our project status meeting in person

update, the same normal group is here regardless / on the phone regardless. apparently there's a critical outage with one of our systems keeping everyone else out anyway.

i can feel the saltiness radiating off my boss from across the room.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

ah good. 10:30 meeting, which was scheduled 2 hours ago, has been canceled

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp
"Ok, any notes?"
"Yeah, so, folks on the phone, everyone that can see this screen... can they see your screen?"
"Yeah, they can... I think they... oh, no I never set up the sharing."

<5 minutes of silence as we get the screen sharing set up>

"Ok, any questions? No? Ok, good meeting."

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

terrifying thing heard on webex no. 27763c:

"I think we can map out every use case cleanly."

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

duTrieux. posted:

terrifying thing heard on webex no. 27763c:

"I think we can map out every use case cleanly."

lmfao

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

New C Level held and in person all-hands meeting that was (a) delayed because of issues with WebEx, despite being an in person meeting and (b) still also somehow featured one person who was working from home in a tank top, caught on webcam by accident

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

issues with webex? now i've heard everything

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
is it web-x or we-bex?

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

it's actually "weeb", the X is silent

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

duTrieux. posted:

it's actually "weeaboo", the X is silent

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
webx gon' give it to ya

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
i'm the outlook meeting notification for a meeting three years ago that only appears in the webmail

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
oh you can try dismissing or cancelling me, but if for some reason you get on the outlook web interface again, i'll be there. better show up. you're now 3 years 1 day overdue.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Fanged Lawn Wormy posted:

i'm the outlook meeting notification for a meeting three years ago that only appears in the webmail

im the opposite, the meeting from weeks ago that you can't dismiss except in webmail

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
I'm the meeting scheduled at 12 20 for 12 30 that gets me a call while I'm getting lunch, like a normal human

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
im the meeting invite from tom shitfucker at 5am

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

8 people on a webex call in an open plan office and nobody can figure out how to mute themselves or is capable of seeing their speaker icon blaring away and not realise that the noise is their problem

:toot:

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

it's me, the person playing with their cat on camera and not paying attention to this meeting

your fault for expecting me to have my camera on

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

:golgo:
EVERYONE EXCEPT THE HOT WOMEN
:golgo:

minivanmegafun posted:

it's me, the person playing with their cat on camera and not paying attention to this meeting

your fault for expecting me to have my camera on

I did this yesterday and one of my coworkers messaged me on slack and demand I pet my cat more during the meeting

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Tatsujin posted:

I did this yesterday and one of my coworkers messaged me on slack and demand I pet my cat more during the meeting

good coworker

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp
we have a big deployment into our prod environment this weekend. they've been warning us that we'll need to be available for the weekend for a while so it's no surprise and everyone had been making plans to deal with it. meanwhile my wife's parents are going to be in town, and while i don't need to spend a lot of time with them (thankfully), i still need to be around. since i'm not one of the hands-on people for this session i'd planned to be on email and call in if they really need me.

but they decided to use this morning's scrum call to announce to everyone that they're expected to be in the office for it.

one, lol

two, the people doing actual work are: our prod server guy, and the vendor's tech guys who are in minneapolis and would be remote anyway. anyone else who would be involved would be advisory only, as in, over the phone.

three, someone actually suggested being together for it would be good for 'team building'. last time we were required by my boss in particular to come in on weekends to work on a project, it took two months of wasted weekends, was a massive clusterfuck, and openly destroyed one of the best partnerships between a pair of devs in the office who, six years later, still hate one another.

so, good times, brilliant leadership. i pity the operations guy who will be there alone with two PMs and at least two middle managers.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Tatsujin posted:

this doesn't belong itt because it is good

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Mad Wack posted:

im the meeting invite from tom shitfucker at 5am

lol this happens all the time

just fyi, Tom, you scheduled your meeting for 5am

yes I know. it was the only time everyone was available

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

this is the bolero of webex. everyone started off confused and whispering and over an hour grew to everyone yelling over each other while I'm just sipping coconut rum & laughing

I still don't even know what this meeting was supposed to be about

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

oh my god someone physically printed example transaction xml, highlighted and marked it with a pen, took a picture of it, and is now sharing his view of the preview application to show us it

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

wtf somehow we have the original papers he marked here in the meeting room but he's in Chicago so everyone is yelling at him that opening the pictures isn't necessary but he's doing it anyway

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

there are now two simultaneous webexes in the same meeting room. I've completely lost track of what's going on

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

lmfao at the above, this is fantastic

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp
this thread represents the core of everything yospos is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Rex-Goliath posted:

there are now two simultaneous webexes in the same meeting room. I've completely lost track of what's going on

sounds like it's time for thunderdome rules

• Locked thread