Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Typo posted:

if they are bad, there will be a backlash and the democrats will find it much easier to pass the public option when they get back into power

it takes much longer to repair damage than to cause it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

redneck nazgul posted:

there's a flaw in this assumption but i can't figure out what it is

maybe it's assuming the democrats want a public option?

the vast majority of congressional democrats did in 2010 and chances are the dems will only shift leftwards economically for 2020

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/805804034309427200

not from the phone

Serf
May 5, 2011

Covok posted:

So, this is how democracy dies? Cool that I get to see the death of a republic.

unlike Star Wars we don't get a cool, brilliant scheming Emperor, instead we get mediocre Trump

:sad:

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Secretary of State ManBearPig

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

not him, should've been "I don't know if that will ever happen! Sad!" if it was

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

looks like bannon has the twitter pw now

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Karl Sharks posted:

it takes much longer to repair damage than to cause it

you needed the damage of late 19th century laissez-faire capitalism to pass the new deal and social security and the sherman anti-trust act in the US

that's not to say the gilded age was a good thing, it's just that the silver lining might be a better society in the future when everyone collectively realize how lovely things got

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Typo posted:

you can't govern in a democracy if you need a 60% supermajority for everything, Obama should have killed the filibuster in 2010: you should be able to pass the legislation you want if you win the whitehouse+51% of the legislature

the filibuster is a good thing

the purely procedural filibuster is not

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Al! posted:

ben garrison is getting lazy as hell, both shoes on

shoegate was a simpler crazier time

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""tweet""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Typo posted:

you needed the damage of late 19th century laissez-faire capitalism to pass the new deal and social security and the sherman anti-trust act in the US

that's not to say the gilded age was a good thing, it's just that the silver lining might be a better society in the future when everyone collectively realize how lovely things got

what happens when we sell off all of the federal/public lands to be mined and drilled?

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
lol yes Donald. Its the press's fault I loving despise you. Not the stupid words coming out of your own tweets.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

Karl Sharks posted:

not him, should've been "I don't know if that will ever happen! Sad!" if it was

"tweet" was a giveaway too, he never has put it in quotations when he uses it

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

mormonpartyboat posted:

yeah, make ted cruz stand up there and read green eggs and ham about obamacare

i still laugh every time i remember that day

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004

mormonpartyboat posted:

catheters and diapers or gtfo

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Typo posted:

shame about the millions of people forced to eat each other when global warming caused a dust bowl and people eating class-exclusionary identity politics concerns hook line and sinker for two decades

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Lastgirl posted:

yeah i remember when "hillary coughs during the first debate" was a serious worry.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Typo posted:

this is actually a good thing

you can't govern in a democracy if you need a 60% supermajority for everything, Obama should have killed the filibuster in 2010: you should be able to pass the legislation you want if you win the whitehouse+51% of the legislature

as bad as Trump & Paul Ryan are at least if their agenda gets implemented, the country moves forward in one direction: and in 2-4 years we'll have a referendum on whether the move was good or bad

if they are bad, there will be a backlash and the democrats will find it much easier to pass the public option or a $12-$15 federal min wage when they get back into power

agreed

I approve this message but in 2010

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

turns out she could clobber the poo poo out of him and it didnt matter

Serf
May 5, 2011

Karl Sharks posted:

yeah, make ted cruz stand up there and read green eggs and ham about obamacare

i still laugh every time i remember that day

won't happen again at least because Ted is headed to the Supreme Court lol

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Al! posted:

at my family everyone wanted to pick the boot as a reminder of the wooden sabot

I didn't get the reference but fortunately the memory alpha Star Trek fan wiki was there to help me out:

"When the USS Enterprise-A was being ordered back to Spacedock following the capture of James T. Kirk and Leonard McCoy, Valeris recalled a story to the senior staff: "400 years ago, on Earth, workers who felt their livelihood threatened by automation, flung their wooden shoes called 'sabots' into the machines to stop them. Hence the word 'sabotage'." Her story was a suggestion of deception, that Uhura used to falsely report back to Starfleet that "we are experiencing technical malfunction. All back-up systems inoperative." (Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country)"

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
Imagine all the roads with 99 year leases and exploitive tolls (sold to hedge funds that Trump and middle eastern interests are involved in)! Yay!

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Serf posted:

won't happen again at least because Ted is headed to the Supreme Court lol

no way the senate confirms him, they hate him as much as we do

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

"...and now, reading the majority opinion, Lyin' Ted Cruz"

:barf:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

I didn't get the reference but fortunately the memory alpha Star Trek fan wiki was there to help me out:

"When the USS Enterprise-A was being ordered back to Spacedock following the capture of James T. Kirk and Leonard McCoy, Valeris recalled a story to the senior staff: "400 years ago, on Earth, workers who felt their livelihood threatened by automation, flung their wooden shoes called 'sabots' into the machines to stop them. Hence the word 'sabotage'." Her story was a suggestion of deception, that Uhura used to falsely report back to Starfleet that "we are experiencing technical malfunction. All back-up systems inoperative." (Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country)"

i learned it from anarchists who themselves got it from star trek 4, the undiscovered country, i presume

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Lastgirl posted:

same but shoegaze

Serf
May 5, 2011

Karl Sharks posted:

they hate him enough to get rid of him

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Karl Sharks posted:

It would get him out of the Senate forever, though

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Serf posted:

stops him from being president, keeps him off the senate, they know he'll vote exactly how they want him to, and the democrats won't get a concession of a better option

would probably be the most slam dunk appointment in history

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Serf posted:

Lord of Pie posted:

It would get him out of the Senate forever, though

i think trump and the rest would rather support his primary challenger and get him kicked out that way

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

mormonpartyboat posted:

same but shoegaze

obama was the best mumblecore president we ever had, better than our first mumblecore prez, johnson

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i'm glad that doctor benjamin carson will be able to destroy housing forever

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Karl Sharks posted:

"empty climate moralizing" lol

So no, then

#yesDAPL

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Karl Sharks posted:

i think trump and the rest would rather support his primary challenger and get him kicked out that way

He could still conceivably come back from that, though. Nobody's gonna leave a SC spot unless it's feet first

Serf
May 5, 2011

seriously we're about to be living in a libertarian's wet dream. between incompetent and actively hostile department appointees destroying their respective divisions and "strong-arming" private businesses by letting them hold jobs for ransom until we give them what they want and destroying environmental regulations, the libertarians are gonna get a lot of what they think they want

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Oiled and Ready posted:

So no, then

#yesDAPL

just pretend i posted all of the articles about pipeline spills and explosions

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Serf posted:

seriously we're about to be living in a libertarian's wet dream. between incompetent and actively hostile department appointees destroying their respective divisions and "strong-arming" private businesses by letting them hold jobs for ransom until we give them what they want and destroying environmental regulations, the libertarians are gonna get a lot of what they think they want
they all died in the great depression too so there's nobody that learned that lesson the hard way

great depression 2: now with nuclear weapons

Serf
May 5, 2011

Oiled and Ready posted:

So no, then

#yesDAPL

is climate change a hoax just like 9/11? :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Lord of Pie posted:

He could still conceivably come back from that, though. Nobody's gonna leave a SC spot unless it's feet first

i wanna see trump dunk on cruz for months on the @potus twitter account tho

• Locked thread