Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
65 is still fine, you can give him a +HP accessory if need be. I was clearing with guys in the 60s until very recently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Munoma
Jul 9, 2008

ApplesandOranges posted:

65 is still fine, you can give him a +HP accessory if need be. I was clearing with guys in the 60s until very recently.

The thing is I have zero VIII armor spare Estharian Helmet which is a mage armor.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Munoma posted:

I need some help if nobody minds.

So I can't level up Irvine further than 65 because I don't have his second memory crystal. *Can't get one either*

I'd be happy to list my tier five support to ask for advice on who I should use in order to tackle the ultimate dungeon for eight.

Any help is appreciated and greatly encouraged. From me but still.

65 is fine with synergy, but unless you're doing Cid's Missions, it's not like you need to have a full FF8 team. Who do you have soul breaks for, for supports?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Schwartzcough posted:

Quistis is one of the lucky mages with Support 4, so you can give her Wrath and Ace Striker and have a full SB bar in two turns. Otherwise, yeah, it helps to give your mage a SB RM, or alternately have them hit an elemental weakness for a few turns to build gauge.

Ooh I knew I made wrath for something

Munoma
Jul 9, 2008

Attestant posted:

65 is fine with synergy, but unless you're doing Cid's Missions, it's not like you need to have a full FF8 team. Who do you have soul breaks for, for supports?

Fran. :newlol:

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Well, she's commonly considered to be a top tier support, so you're in luck. Which SB did you have for her?

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Multiplayer Raid stood no chance with 6 casts of physical blink via entrust :getin:

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT
Lucky draw in all the realms I need it :D

I must've pulled on every XIII banner since October last year, still dont have a synergy sword

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Inge posted:

Lucky draw in all the realms I need it :D

I must've pulled on every XIII banner since October last year, still dont have a synergy sword

Word. I got all the spears, guns, boomerangs and pumpkins I could want, but swords? Swords don't exist.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Attestant posted:

Word. I got all the spears, guns, boomerangs and pumpkins I could want, but swords? Swords don't exist.

It doesn't help that one of Lightning's swords is a gun in this game. Because the 13 designers decided trick weapons was the best way to make Lightning more of a ~badass~, I guess.

Inge
Jan 16, 2007

Attestant posted:

I have a staff, two and a half guns and a pumpkin. I'd be happy with a spear or boomerang though!

The only pull I could do that would be disappointing is 1/11 nephilim flute, and with a fifty fifty stab at a BSB, this banner is pretty drat good for a lucky. Does it drop in 40 mins or 12 hours?

No V relics either, thank god.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Inge posted:

I have a staff, two and a half guns and a pumpkin. I'd be happy with a spear or boomerang though!

The only pull I could do that would be disappointing is 1/11 nephilim flute, and with a fifty fifty stab at a BSB, this banner is pretty drat good for a lucky. Does it drop in 40 mins or 12 hours?

No V relics either, thank god.

12 hours, same time as the Dungeon Update does.

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
Cool thanks, I'm +8 GMT so all the times are a bit whack for me

Munoma
Jul 9, 2008

Attestant posted:

Well, she's commonly considered to be a top tier support, so you're in luck. Which SB did you have for her?

I have Mist Overload.

Anyway, thanks for the advice.

I'll swing at the dungeons later.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Munoma posted:

I have Mist Overload.

Anyway, thanks for the advice.

I'll swing at the dungeons later.

Oh yeah, that's a fine relic, even if simple.

Basically you get a couple of extra uses of Full Break, only with SSB- tier damage on top. I'd just bring her as your primary support for most stuff, until you get something shinier.

As an added bonus, she can carry additional DPS skills with Celerity and Sharpshooter, if you have someone else who can lug around Breakdown skills instead.

Attestant fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Dec 5, 2016

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Attestant posted:

Oh yeah, that's a fine relic, even if simple.

Basically you get a couple of extra uses of Full Break, only with SSB- tier damage on top. I'd just bring her as your primary support for most stuff, until you get something shinier.

As an added bonus, she can carry additional DPS skills with Celerity and Sharpshooter, if you have someone else who can lug around Breakdown skills instead.

I think it's useful to treat FFRK with a roguelike mentality. You wanna look at it like "OK I have these relics, what can I make of it?"

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

RagnarokAngel posted:

I think it's useful to treat FFRK with a roguelike mentality. You wanna look at it like "OK I have these relics, what can I make of it?"

Yeah, exactly. Some of the most fun I've had with this game was just before Shout was a thing, when I was beating my first Ultimates. Every single one was like a weird puzzle worthy of a Nightmare boss, where I'd have to figure out how to make my limited resources do this thing.

Cid's missions are almost the same, though you're probably forced to pick certain characters for certain roles, no matter what.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

The only characters you're basically forced to use in Cid Missions are 'token 5* support' and 'token 5* white'

I've been running Porphyrion 160 repeatedly as penance for my sins over the past few days and actually getting more greens than if I were spamming daily dungeons (not that I am doing that right now, the 60 stam VIII ultimate drops :siren:BLACK CRYSTALS:siren:)

The meta is physical blink so you tend to see Basch, Arc, and the occasional Sabin/Yuffie (Eiko's BSB command 1 is also great)

Munoma
Jul 9, 2008
I do agree that making the most of soul breaks is a viable strategy. I would rather ask for a second opinion though because there's always a chance of me missing out on something important strategically like a weakness to a debuff.

Orfeo
Nov 27, 2007

Ectobiology sure does involve a lot of button pushing.
Lemme hop on the list :bandwagon:.

FF6 - Nothing.

FF9 - Wizard Rod, Excalibur, Mace of Zeus.

FF13 - Peacekeeper 8*, Rhomphaia.

FF14 - Nothing.

Yeah, this is totally worth my mythril to pull.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Here's a list of all the relics. Sorry for the reddit link but my phone won't let me format the list properly.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/5gizov/tomorrows_du_lucky_draw_is_now_ssb/?st=IWC822BI&sh=ab36a948

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
Had a pretty good stage for RM drops today:

Yes I know those are automatic at level 99 and yes I may have spent some eggs+stamina to get their experience to line up this way

Friggin Firepants
Jul 11, 2006

My god, these friggin firepants.
Only have 6 of the relics on the lucky banner, definite pull for me. Relm, Terra Tiara, Celes BSB, Hope Hawkeye, Valiant Knife, and Fang BSB.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Friggin Firepants posted:

Only have 6 of the relics on the lucky banner, definite pull for me. Relm, Terra Tiara, Celes BSB, Hope Hawkeye, Valiant Knife, and Fang BSB.

Sounds like a 6/11 in the making. :v:

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

My DU relics are a mixed bag

VI: Stardust Rod, Circlet+, Excalibur, Ichigeki+
IX: Orichalcum, Wizard Rod, Hamelin, Trident
XIII: Overture, Punisher, Ninurta
XIV: Thyrus+

bladeworksmaster
Sep 6, 2010

Ok.

Let's see, for SSBs and up I have:

VI: Stardust Rod
IX: Excalibur IX, Freya SSB, Garnet SSB, Kuja SSB, Eiko Burst
XIII: Lightning SSB, Lightning Burst, Fang SSB, Vanille Burst
XIV: None

D-do I go for it for VI and XIV synergy? :ohdear:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
maybe I can get an ff6 relic that isn't a knife

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Had a great team for Porphyrion today, so I was able to master it.

It was my first time seeing Refia's BSB, which holy poo poo that thing is loving nuts. Definitely the MVP of the fight.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Elephant Ambush posted:

Here's a list of all the relics. Sorry for the reddit link but my phone won't let me format the list properly.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/5gizov/tomorrows_du_lucky_draw_is_now_ssb/?st=IWC822BI&sh=ab36a948
6: Excalibur, Chocobo Brush, Tigerfang
9: Fairy Flute, Hamelin, Orichalcum, Golden Hairpin
13: nada
14: Sphairai

For a minute I thought I counted my Orichalcum twice yesterday and I only had 7 of the items, but I just forgot I had Golden Hairpin :v:

Still, only 1 BSB dupe and a lot of the SSBs are good too. Definite pull.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
My synergy is pretty good for VI and IX, although I could use some more magic synergy in IX.

Outside of Serah I need to get more up to date relics. Getting some stuff for the upcoming XIV event would be nice too. It's time to save mythril again! :v:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I have really good synergy for all of these realms and I'm still pulling with zero hesitation.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Right know I have BSB's for Serah, Sephiroth, Balthier, Vaan, Cecil, Rydia, Wakka. I think that's it. Right now my A team is:

Ramza Shout Full Break/Breakdown(s)
Agrias Cleansing Strike Lifesiphon/Protectga
Vaan Ark Blast Lifesiphon/Breakdown
Rydia Mournful Cry 4* spells
Lenna Pride of Tycoon/Princess' Favour Curaja/Shellga

How is this for a basic multi-purpose A team? I've been using it pretty non stop for the past few weeks. I just take a wall as a RW.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
I'm not sure what Rydia's doing on your A-Team if you're not bringing a MAG buff. How did she make the cut and Cecil didn't?

Orfeo
Nov 27, 2007

Ectobiology sure does involve a lot of button pushing.

Charles Bukowski posted:

Right know I have BSB's for Serah, Sephiroth, Balthier, Vaan, Cecil, Rydia, Wakka. I think that's it. Right now my A team is:

Ramza Shout Full Break/Breakdown(s)
Agrias Cleansing Strike Lifesiphon/Protectga
Vaan Ark Blast Lifesiphon/Breakdown
Rydia Mournful Cry 4* spells
Lenna Pride of Tycoon/Princess' Favour Curaja/Shellga

How is this for a basic multi-purpose A team? I've been using it pretty non stop for the past few weeks. I just take a wall as a RW.

If you have Sephiroth's BSB, he may be a better choice than Rydia. He'll benefit more from Shout and Vaan's breakdowns than Rydia, plus without a Faithga, she won't be anywhere near hitting the MAG soft cap, while the physical attackers will be fine.

e: Oh wait you have Cecil's BSB BRING THE HOLY.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Ooh, SSB+ makes it a must-pull just for accumulating gear, hopefully the 1+ SBs will be solid too.

FFVI: Tiara SSB, plus some early Unique and Shared SBs
FFIX: Garnet SSB, plus some early Unique SBs
FFXIII: Lightning SSB, Vanille SSB, plus some early unique SBs
FFXIV: Y'Shtola SSB, plus some early unique SBs

I'd actually be A-OK with most of the potential dupes, except for another Peacemaker since I already more XIII guns than I can realistically equip.

Good luck everyone!

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Elephant Ambush posted:

Here's a list of all the relics.
Visual reference for it, organized in DeNA's Realm -> BSB -> SSB order.

Roughly
27% BSB, 73% SSB
29% VI relics, 31% IX relics, 32% XIII relics, 8% XIV relics

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I'm going to somehow pull a Tiny Bee tonight

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Well if there's an elemental weakness I don't find Cecil or Sephiroth to be that useful, but then again you are right that I have nothing buffing Rydia at all. I'll have to think on this.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
For those realms my only SSBs are:

VI: Chocobo Brush++
IX: Fairy Flute and Orichalcum
XIII: Peacemaker

I'm gonna pull but I know in my heart of hearts that I am going to get another Chocobo Brush.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

Charles Bukowski posted:

Well if there's an elemental weakness I don't find Cecil or Sephiroth to be that useful, but then again you are right that I have nothing buffing Rydia at all. I'll have to think on this.

I will tell you from experience that Cecil's BSB does very good damage even if an enemy does not have an elemental weakness unless they resist Holy specifically. Enholy-boosted Saint Cross is 20k damage on anything that doesn't have sky-high DEF. But okay, fair point, if you don' t have Saint Cross or don't have it honed high, you may benefit more from hitting elemental weaknesses. Let's think different, then: what SBs do you have for Spellblades? Got anything for Luneth, Bartz, Celes, Cloud, Squall, Steiner, Balthier or Lightning? If I was in your shoes, and I kind of wish I was because I would kill for Vaan's BSB, I would look in that direction because I am just about positive that with your team, you will hit harder with R3 Spellblades than Rydia will with R4 -jas. I mean, if you're using her to hit elemental weaknesses, her BSB is essentially useless. Either the commands hit for more than 10k, in which case you're not using your skill slots, or they don't and you might as well use Sephiroth who I am positive would hit for about 13k with his first BSB command.

• Locked thread