Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

In Training posted:

The last 30 seconds is him missing a jump

In a really dumb and avoidable way that shouldn't be allowed to happen. The beast is supposed to take the initiative and catch him after the player surrenders control, you can tell it was trying to but it does it wrong so he dies.

haveblue fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Dec 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Oh man, someone report them to Funko Pop so they can get sued.

That's literally this image with about 2 photoshop filters on it

edit:

Leper Residue posted:

wait what 3 bucks to download a jpeg that is on the site and right there how is this a thing?
Yes. What the gently caress.

Phantasium posted:

More the "this is a poster of a loving funkopop"
Yes also.

Like, Funko Pop figures might be soul-less merchandising, but gently caress this rear end in a top hat who is selling someone else's images of someone else's IP that they just ran 2 filters on.

Snak fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Dec 5, 2016

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Grapplejack posted:

I love the "oh by the way dead rising 1 was full of bullshit frank made it all up"

I literally cannot believe this.

It'd be clever if she's actually talking about the events of Dead Rising 2 getting out to the public somehow being the Off the Record version Frank sells to the media post Case West, even though stuff in OTR directly conflicts with actually happens, namely Chuck being a psychopath.

Although him telling everyone Chuck and Katie died would let those two be able to live "off the grid" so to speak.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Capcom hates themselves/their fans and go the extra mile to make fans turn against their favorite characters. See: making Frank fat and balding for OTR (didn't work, people still loved him), putting "megaman" into SF x T, and of course:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

both that and the dead rising thing own thogu

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I can't believe they called the third ico trico

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Looper posted:

I can't believe they called the third ico trico

It's the same Ico

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

PantsBandit posted:

Capcom hates themselves/their fans and go the extra mile to make fans turn against their favorite characters. See: making Frank fat and balding for OTR (didn't work, people still loved him), putting "megaman" into SF x T, and of course:

There's an alt with his usual look at least

e: though i think ryu broke all his fingers or something

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

PantsBandit posted:

putting "megaman" into SF x T

I will not hear a negative word about Box Art Megaman

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
non-sequitur:

I am assuming that if Mads Mikkelsen's scene from the last Death Stranding teaser is in the game, his helmet isn't actually going to disintegrate like that. I think it was done for dramatic effect and to reveal the likeness of Mads Mikkelsen.

But it would be fine and cool if it's just part of his tactical necromancer powers.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Viewtiful Jew posted:

It'd be clever if she's actually talking about the events of Dead Rising 2 getting out to the public somehow being the Off the Record version Frank sells to the media post Case West, even though stuff in OTR directly conflicts with actually happens, namely Chuck being a psychopath.

Although him telling everyone Chuck and Katie died would let those two be able to live "off the grid" so to speak.

I'm cool with the idea that Frank embellished the events of DR1, but putting it in the ending of a sequel by different developers just makes it seem like they are directly making GBS threads on first game

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
It would be pretty sad if Dead Rising 4 was actually bad

saw a lot of negative rumblings coming out a few weeks before release

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
Box art Mega Man in SFxT was hilarious and a perfect capstone to the two-year-or-whatever period of trolling Mega Man fans. Hell, I'm a Mega Man fan, and while it sucked that games got announced and cancelled and all that I still found these little nods hilarious:

Snak posted:

yeah, it's not like a tiny minority, there are plenty of people who feel this way. But apparently not enough, because so much stuff is just videos. It's crazy to me. Videos certainly have their purposes, but I can read a lot faster than someone can narrate a video, and I can skim words for what I'm looking for.

http://www.theonion.com/video/christ-article-a-video-36101

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Snak posted:

non-sequitur:

I am assuming that if Mads Mikkelsen's scene from the last Death Stranding teaser is in the game, his helmet isn't actually going to disintegrate like that. I think it was done for dramatic effect and to reveal the likeness of Mads Mikkelsen.

But it would be fine and cool if it's just part of his tactical necromancer powers.

That same effect was in Phantom Pain when the Skulls materialize guns out of the air when you first meet them. I think he just really likes it because it looks cool.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Discount Viscount posted:

Box art Mega Man in SFxT was hilarious and a perfect capstone to the two-year-or-whatever period of trolling Mega Man fans. Hell, I'm a Mega Man fan, and while it sucked that games got announced and cancelled and all that I still found these little nods hilarious:

This image makes me wish for the impossible dream of Amingo appearing in MvC Infinite

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Do you need UPlay to play the older Assassins Creed games on Steam? Or did they get rid of that requirement?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

lmfao, this is great. The speech about the great Kojima injustice interwined with hydrobot bits where it seems like any minute they'll grab some shabby nerds out of the audience and start shaving them right there during a live on-stage infomercial, haha.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Remember, AMD is the best way to play Battlefield 1. Also shave your face.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Haha at 10:08 a presenter says that she's excited because she's literally being paid to be excited, ok!? Amazing.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

With the new MvC I can't help but assume it'll be bad, but I'm sure they'll trick me into buying it with some fanservice characters like Gene or something. poo poo I'll probably buy it if my boy super skrull is back

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

This had a handful of good edits like the 'Best Performance', the Mass Effect Andromeda edit gave me a quick laugh, that contrast between Peter and Boogie after they hugged was loving great, and Hydro Bot...my god.

But there are several flaws that didn't work out, the Kojima intro was great but the second bit felt like it was dragging a little bit, That Dragon Cancer speech edit could've gone better, the Overwatch and Hydro Bot jokes were really dragging in particular.

Overall not bad, 7/10.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Viewtiful Jew posted:

For some reason I remember Agro acting stubborn on the way to the bosses, but when it was serious time and colossi like Dirge were on your rear end she put on her A-Game.

I could be misremembering. It's been like 10 years since I last played it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I started MMX over and beat Penguin Man and its night and loving day with the dash + jump boosting through every level and not giving a crap about enemies. This game is amazing now, why in the world do they hide this ability in one of the stages??

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

In Training posted:

I started MMX over and beat Penguin Man and its night and loving day with the dash + jump boosting through every level and not giving a crap about enemies. This game is amazing now, why in the world do they hide this ability in one of the stages??

It's the only Mega Man game I can think of where there really is a "do this stage first, no, seriously" stage. Unfortunately that also tends to mean you're probably going to do the stages in the same order every time unless you intentionally don't go to the boss who's very obviously weak to Chill Penguin's weapon.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

Captain Invictus posted:

And the anime cutscenes are so-bad-it's-good quality.
What am I fighting forrrrrrrrrr?!?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The weirdest thing with the PSP Megaman X remake is that it swaps the location of all the upgrade items for no reason.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

was that the one that added the blackface oil man + clock man

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

oddium posted:

was that the one that added the blackface oil man + clock man

Megaman Powered Up was a remake of MM1, and it had blackface man

e: Kinda glad they added Oilman to a remake of an NES game. If it was a Megaman X title, they would have stuck with Jim Crow.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

LawfulWaffle posted:

Megaman Powered Up was a remake of MM1, and it had blackface man

e: Kinda glad they added Oilman to a remake of an NES game. If it was a Megaman X title, they would have stuck with Jim Crow.

quote:

He has an urban style of speaking.
:whitewater:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It's Randy Pitchford, nobody is surprised.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
"Not possible" lol

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Hobby grade discounts.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I didn't know mega man powered up had additional robot masters

Oh wow, you guys weren't kidding about oil man

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

MMF Freeway posted:

"Not possible" lol

Well yeah duh, completely impossible. Their newest release of duke 3d should be proof of that, there's not way to give loyalty discounts :downs:

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I will be sad if the last guardian dog dies

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

It's also "not possible" to play the game for free

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
so that Grasshopper/Suda51/Akira Yamaoko F2P roguelike soulslike ended up being actually really good so far, really surprising

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I mean I'm assuming like half of the people who own bulletstorm on steam got it on sale for like $5

it's kind of weird to expect the remake to be free

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Help Im Alive posted:

I mean I'm assuming like half of the people who own bulletstorm on steam got it on sale for like $5

it's kind of weird to expect the remake to be free

Many remakes of games that were already available on steam offer at least a discount for owner's of the previous version. Also, high profile remakes like bioshock and skyrim that just came out were given for free to those who already had the old versions.

• Locked thread