Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
A friend just came back from vacation in Latvia. Apparently people go there on vacations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Chelb posted:

if only i had dms so you could run in here breathlessly to every message i make calling you an idi- hmmm

you have definitely said my username out loud irl at least once

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Spaced God posted:

Is that really surprising?

I'm trying to remember what it was like to be naive.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

Homework Explainer posted:

you have definitely said my username out loud irl at least once

jill stein's homeopathy techniques arent as weak and diluted as these attempts at burns

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Randler posted:

A friend just came back from vacation in Latvia. Apparently people go there on vacations.
seriously speaking, it's a decent european vacation destination if you are a reasonably young person checking off "been in that eu place" boxes off your list. culture, both modern and historical, is slightly lacking - you could probably tour every reasonably worthy culturohistorical object in the country in under a week, but if you want to hang out or whatever the riga is pretty swell - there's airport, very cheap alcohol/drugs/prostitutes, and it's reasonably modern and safe, provided that you do not make dumb nightlife or transportation decisions. if i wanted to catch a quick break i'd also go somewhere like poland or balkans (since ive been a plenty to all baltic capitals) - reasonably close, legislatively similar, and budget friendly

heck, ive even seen german tourists in my bumfuckistan hometown, but those are usually folks who cycle around eu border or something

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Chelb posted:

jill stein's homeopathy techniques arent as weak and diluted as these attempts at burns

lol

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

*thinks really hard* jill....stein

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Fleeting thoughts of Jill Stein are actually millions of orders of magnitudes more effective than Jill Stein herself.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

is your redtext a reference to sonic the hoxhaist

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

cinci zoo sniper posted:

is your redtext a reference to sonic the hoxhaist

it appears to be a reference to the documentary fact hoxha did nothing wrong

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Homework Explainer posted:

it appears to be a reference to the documentary fact hoxha did nothing wrong
oh, lame

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

its like trying to insult a white noise machine :sigh:

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

cinci zoo sniper posted:

seriously speaking, it's a decent european vacation destination if you are a reasonably young person checking off "been in that eu place" boxes off your list. culture, both modern and historical, is slightly lacking - you could probably tour every reasonably worthy culturohistorical object in the country in under a week, but if you want to hang out or whatever the riga is pretty swell - there's airport, very cheap alcohol/drugs/prostitutes, and it's reasonably modern and safe, provided that you do not make dumb nightlife or transportation decisions. if i wanted to catch a quick break i'd also go somewhere like poland or balkans (since ive been a plenty to all baltic capitals) - reasonably close, legislatively similar, and budget friendly

latvia probably cheaper to vacation in than most of europe, right?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

PupsOfWar posted:

latvia probably cheaper to vacation in than most of europe, right?
not necessarily, but this essentially sums it up

countries with large political/economical/demographical variance - like russia with all elite of anything concentrated in 2 cities, or latvia with 50% population in a single city, will have noticeable difference between rural and metropolitan prices as well. movie ticket in riga is like $12 or $15 or something like that, and some $4 or so in my hometown near russian border

but yeah generally speaking, for an eu citizen latvia is one the cheaper and less antagonistic travel destinations that require no visa hassle, as we are a small remote swamp not interacting with the outside world, which is benefit compared to places like poland that many layman in larger western european countries passionately hate

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

i mean, again, with the big if - if you look young, you have to be conscious of your nightlife choices, and about being outdoors after dark in general, especially if you are anywhere but the literal central riga

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

cinci zoo sniper posted:

time to visit macedonia :cool:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

quote:

The poll found that 54% of Americans consider torture “wrong”, a lower proportion than in any other population save for those of Israel and Palestine. Only 44% of Israelis and only 35% of Palestinians considered torture to be wrong.

Absolute opposition to torture was recorded by 100% of Yemeni respondents, 73% of Syrians, 68% of Iraqis, 80% of Ukrainians, and 58% of South Sudanese.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/dec/05/torture-survey-red-cross-people-on-war-poll

trump vetting test for yemeni immigrant:

"Is torture okay in a liberal democracy, Y/N?"

N

gtfo foreigner you don't share our values

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

cinci zoo sniper posted:

countries with large political/economical/demographical variance - like russia with all elite of anything concentrated in 2 cities, or latvia with 50% population in a single city, will have noticeable difference between rural and metropolitan prices as well. movie ticket in riga is like $12 or $15 or something like that, and some $4 or so in my hometown near russian border

but yeah generally speaking, for an eu citizen latvia is one the cheaper and less antagonistic travel destinations that require no visa hassle, as we are a small remote swamp not interacting with the outside world, which is benefit compared to places like poland that many layman in larger western european countries passionately hate

moldova sounds like a nice spot for a vacation

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

cinci zoo sniper posted:

i mean, again, with the big if - if you look young, you have to be conscious of your nightlife choices, and about being outdoors after dark in general, especially if you are anywhere but the literal central riga
re:
murder

car theft

vandalism

drug crimes

burglaries

bike thefts

robberies

sex crimes

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Chelb posted:

time to visit macedonia :cool:
*with thick greek accent* ITS F-YH-R-OH-M

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
The charity nonprofit apparently liked the Turkey enough they want me to do one for Xmas. So that's nice I guess

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

vyelkin posted:

moldova sounds like a nice spot for a vacation
yeah, you can even use poker chips in the bit occupied by russians

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

i assume from that map that kosovo is a cost of living quantum flux state

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

cinci zoo sniper posted:

yeah, you can even use poker chips in the bit occupied by russians

Weird-rear end looking motherfuckers.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

My cost of living? Everything.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Chelb posted:

i assume from that map that kosovo is a cost of living quantum flux state
kosovo should be some 30ish on that map i guess

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
It's only Monday and I already have Thursday noon levels of murderous rage toward my fellow man. :smith:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Randler posted:

It's only Monday and I already have Thursday noon levels of murderous rage toward my fellow man. :smith:
sounds like the right time to play counterstrike

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

cinci zoo sniper posted:

sounds like the right time to play counterstrike

I'd rather play "Mystical Iguana Adventurer Simulator". He looks so adorable when cooking. :unsmith:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Randler posted:

I'd rather play "Mystical Iguana Adventurer Simulator". He looks so adorable when cooking. :unsmith:
not going to lie, i thought about argonians only after i googled the quote full verbatim

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

cinci zoo sniper posted:

not going to lie, i thought about argonians only after i googled the quote full verbatim

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

maybe... maybe i should get eso

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Phone posted:

Fleeting thoughts of Jill Stein are actually millions of orders of magnitudes more effective than Jill Stein herself.

i had a giggle

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

Chelb posted:

maybe... maybe i should get eso

:cripes:

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

why do birds suddenly appear

every time i am near

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

its a great game

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCBTG_LKOtg

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

drugs may be involved in this

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Chelb posted:

its like trying to insult a white noise machine :sigh:

perhaps you should stop trying to argue with the dude who thinks stalin did nothing wrong, then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Tiler Kiwi posted:

drugs may be involved in this

what aren't drugs involved in tho

• Locked thread