Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Waltzing Along posted:

Wow. How did this pass the decision committee? I wonder if they just said, well Adventure Time is popular with children so this will make $$$. PRINT IT! It's horrible.

Well, its an ideas set so it got voted in like anything related to an ip nerds like. The reason is actually got approved is probably what you said.

I've said it before but I am really tired of licensed ideas stuff. people should have to come up with their own ideas so actual original creations don't always get buried by "looook it's Dr. Who, loook it's Adventure Time, Hey guys remember that 80's movie?! vote it up!"

E: Although admittedly Wall-E is probably my favorite lego set of all time. :v: so I dunno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Neurion posted:

Does this mean no Saturn V? :ohdear:

Mr. Glass posted:

i fuckin hope not, i've been waiting for that for months now :argh:

Saturn V is still happening, we just don't have a final build/box pic yet.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
My local lego store (Barton Creek) had a ton of those Dr. Who sets on sale for 20% off.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I tell you what, if that Fishing Shack ever comes to be, I will buy the gently caress out of it. It will be the first "building" (Wouldn't call it a modular...) I'd buy.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
Yeah, me too. It's such a cool build, and one of those builds I just do not have the time or part count to learn how to MOC myself.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

veni veni veni posted:

I've said it before but I am really tired of licensed ideas stuff. people should have to come up with their own ideas so actual original creations don't always get buried by "looook it's Dr. Who, loook it's Adventure Time, Hey guys remember that 80's movie?! vote it up!"

Don't forget that awful Big Bang Theory set. I was so mad when that got picked. You're right about Wall-E, though. It's an incredible set (now that it's fixed).

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Feenix posted:

I tell you what, if that Fishing Shack ever comes to be, I will buy the gently caress out of it. It will be the first "building" (Wouldn't call it a modular...) I'd buy.

Wasn't it already passed by the approval committee? So it will be out next year sometime.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I like AT and that set is just awful

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Waltzing Along posted:

Wasn't it already passed by the approval committee? So it will be out next year sometime.

loving rad if true!

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
The wacky noodle arms and goofy physics engine in Adventure Time don't mesh very will with Legos rigidity. Gonna pass on that.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
I like my lovely necked Wall-E but other than I am really not like all the IP based ideas sets. My only other ideas sets are the ladies of science set or whatever it was called, the birds and the unbelievably fravile exo suit. . . I wish there were more sets that showed actual creativity, like the birds. Hell, the only reason I bought the scientist set was because I the t-rex skeleton looked like a good build. Really, I hate everything about the Adventure Time show and this just makes me more upset about it. . .

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Feenix posted:

loving rad if true!

https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/1-blog/post/85

Yep.

I finally got around to doing the holiday train. It looks great, but adding the power functions messes with the aesthetic a bit. It seems like they are an afterthought. It doesn't look like it would have taken much to give the option without messing things up. Still looks good, pity the coal car is such a mess, though.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Technic nerds are crazy people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcdj-b49TW8

http://akiyuki.jp/en/works/670

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
So my wife ordered a christmas present for me direct from lego.com and either fedex lost it or someone stole it off our front porch. The tracking says it was left on the front door but we were home at the time they claimed it was delivered and it was not. Assuming it doesn't show up in the next couple of days has anyone dealt with lego on an issue like this? I know their customer service is top notch but asking them to resend a package that claims to be delivered might be too much.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

ChesterJT posted:

So my wife ordered a christmas present for me direct from lego.com and either fedex lost it or someone stole it off our front porch. The tracking says it was left on the front door but we were home at the time they claimed it was delivered and it was not. Assuming it doesn't show up in the next couple of days has anyone dealt with lego on an issue like this? I know their customer service is top notch but asking them to resend a package that claims to be delivered might be too much.

They sent me a new one. Gave me a keychain.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Why does the post service just leave packages on people's porches? In Germany this is actually not allowed. If you are not home, they deliver it to the nearest post storage (usually a post office or a random shop that offers the service) and you can pick it up there with you ID/driver's license. I say call the post have them fire the delivery dude for theft.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
They will not fire him for delivering a package. Unless you have specific instructions he will likely leave it on the porch or by another door out of sight if possible. Usps/ups/fedex drivers already get enough poo poo and are on such a strict regimen, that harassing them simply for delivering something is unnecessary and wasteful.

I have a note taped to the inside of my front door facing outward that says to leave any packages inside the porch door. It may not be possible if you don't have a house, but you can otherwise give them instructions on where to drop it off. You can also contact the post office and ask them to only deliver things when you're home, and they will generally just leave a missed package notice on the door/in the mailbox instead of dropping it off on the front step. Filing a complaint like that is a good way to ensure they require a signature for every single package that is delivered to you forevermore.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Unless its required to have a signature (certain materials, or specifically requested) they're unfortunately not required to. Ups and Fedex have really gone downhill in my personal experience. One year I ordered a laptop and they didn't even get it to the right street. I got lucky and the guy who got it brought it to us.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I work at UPS and it was likely a new-hire driver. They're so desperate for drivers they hire random morons who don't know wtf because it's such a poo poo position and nobody wants it. You've got a GPS attached to you at all times and if you're not keeping to THE SCHEDULE they call you and yell at you. And so do a lot of customers, for poo poo you can't do a thing about. Being a package deliverer for any company sucks.

Edit: especially during peak season (right now), literally hiring anyone who walks in the door for temp work.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
This what happens when you privatize a public good like USPS.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
If I'm honest they probably need a delivery guy union and proper minimum wages. People order more and more over the net, raising shipping fees moderately would a)allow for better delivery guy wages and b)make brick and mortar viable again due to less krass price differences. (Which are largely non existent for Lego over here)

Alas, capitalism, shareholders gonna be shareholders and will exploit the next generation of poor guys to further their gain.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
There are unions, yes.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

ChesterJT posted:

I'd file a claim with FedEx before contacting Lego, they're more likely to get it resolved quicker if the delivery guy just left it at the previous address or something.

Hopper posted:

Why does the post service just leave packages on people's porches? In Germany this is actually not allowed. If you are not home, they deliver it to the nearest post storage (usually a post office or a random shop that offers the service) and you can pick it up there with you ID/driver's license. I say call the post have them fire the delivery dude for theft.
In the US where people can live literal miles from their nearest neighbor and who knows how far from the actual post office that could be really inconvenient, especially when lots of houses' front doors aren't visible from the road. In apartments or other places with dense living they'll usually leave the package in the office rather than the doorstep. Also anything where there's a signature required won't be left unless you specifically authorize it, at least it's not supposed to be, sometimes they just say gently caress it.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Fun build.

Feenix fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Dec 4, 2016

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Feenix posted:

Fun build.

You gotta add .jpg to those images

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Fayez Butts posted:

You gotta add .jpg to those images

Yeah thanks. I copied the URL the way it looked like I should but it was the wrong place. Fixed.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Can't wait to buy that and use the wheels for a classic space monster truck. The red rims mandate it.

Well, and the trans yellow canopy.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Happy ending and another A+ for Lego customer service. Wife called them about the missing package since fedex wouldn't be in until monday. They duplicated the order, sent it out rush, and said they'd just file a claim with fedex and take care of everything. And of course they were super friendly. Thank you Lego for saving christmas!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Anyone have a 6285 Black Seas Barracuda and the ability to measure the main rigging line? It's supposed to be 125 cm, but mine comes in at 110 and I am wondering if mine had been trimmed or was just sent the wrong one. Thanks much.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Yeah I have one, can take care of that in a bit after I get home from work if you haven't been helped by then.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Thanks, I appreciate it.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mine also comes in at 110cm.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

ChesterJT posted:

Mine also comes in at 110cm.

And that is long enough for the whole rigging?

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Yeah, there's not much slack but that's mainly because I did a bad job tying it around the 1x1 with loop that goes on the back so I probably wasted a couple cm there. Mine's the original cord from getting the set when I was 11 so there's a possibility it's been trimmed sometime in the last 27 years, but 110cm will do the job.

ChesterJT fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Dec 5, 2016

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Cool thanks. The set I got is clearly a very early one. It is a US release with shooting cannons. The cord is 110. The bricklink parts list says 125. So I was worried.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
I don't know how much longer the offer is on for but I just came back from Tesco in the UK where they have 3 for 2 on toys, including a lot of Lego. They had all the rogue one stuff there so you could get Krennic's shuttle, the U-Wing and a TIE striker for £130. £10 less if you spend a little bit first to get one of their £10 off if you spend over £70 receipts.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Hopper posted:

If I'm honest they probably need a delivery guy union and proper minimum wages. People order more and more over the net, raising shipping fees moderately would a)allow for better delivery guy wages and b)make brick and mortar viable again due to less krass price differences. (Which are largely non existent for Lego over here)

Alas, capitalism, shareholders gonna be shareholders and will exploit the next generation of poor guys to further their gain.

I buy more lego in stores over here than over the net, because I get a "20% off an item of your choice" every month from karstadt and they usually stack with reduced prices.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

I hope Assembly Square goes on sale to VIPs soon, I've got a ton of VIP points expiring at the end of the year.

Crazy Pigeon
Nov 2, 2010
VIP points expire? Whatttt. I guess I always spend them too quick. Also my fiancée ended up ordering me a Avengers helicarrier off Amazon for 300 yesterday. Can't wait to build that this weekend!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Holy poo poo points expire?? Where do I check this? I've been letting it ride for over a year. I have like 80 bucks at least.