Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Lost my super singles streak at 46 to a Quick Claw Emboar that OHKOed my Scarf Tapu Lele (who would have killed it) with Flare Blitz and then slowly beat my Toxapex by fishing for crits with Earthquake before Toxic could kill it. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Ingratiating!
Sep 7, 2011

Infinite ammo vs. CYBER PUNCH!!
Can wild Pokemon that show up in your Pelago be shiny? Because this

looks like a shiny Poliwag. I checked it against non-shiny Poliwag, and it definitely looks lighter. And not just because it's a phone pic.

Isaacs Alter Ego
Sep 18, 2007

For some reason I can't QR scan. When I try to open up the option on the menu, it just sits on "Starting up the outer cameras" loading forever.

Anyone know how to fix this? Failing that, is there any other way to obtain Magearna or am I outta luck?

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer

How Ingratiating! posted:

looks like a shiny Poliwag. I checked it against non-shiny Poliwag, and it definitely looks lighter. And not just because it's a phone pic.

Well you can find out if you butter him up.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Yes, they can show up, and yes, they can decide not to stay.

ALso it's been awhile since I posted in here and I just want you all to know that I never stopped believing in popplio.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
If they decide not to stay they can also show up again later.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Isaacs Alter Ego posted:

For some reason I can't QR scan. When I try to open up the option on the menu, it just sits on "Starting up the outer cameras" loading forever.

Anyone know how to fix this? Failing that, is there any other way to obtain Magearna or am I outta luck?

Try using a different app that uses the cameras (or just try to take pictures from the home menu) to see if the problem is consistent, and if the inner camera is having problems as well.

Also, what kind of 3DS do you have?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Speaking of Shiny pokemon what's the rate on hatching them with Masuda Method + Shiny Charm?

I've hatched like 4-5 shiny pokemon pretty much back to back and it's getting kinda weird.

80 Eggs for Popplio
24 Eggs for Blue Rockruff
15 Eggs after that for Pichu
37 Eggs after that for Fomantis

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Yeah, yeah, that's definitely the lighter blue palette, very well could be shiny.

Junpei Hyde posted:

ALso it's been awhile since I posted in here and I just want you all to know that I never stopped believing in popplio.

good, popplio is the best starter

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Junpei Hyde posted:

Popplio is good and my friend.

Mine is named Goku, and he destroys all who oppose him via Spirit bombs.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Speaking of Shiny pokemon what's the rate on hatching them with Masuda Method + Shiny Charm?

I believe it's 1/512, same as Shiny Charm SOS chaining.

Does that Magearna QR work for EU players? And, actually, which region does Australia count as this time, since we got the game earlier and with US language options?

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

i poop fire posted:

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Def / 4 SpD / 188 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Roost

For the first 10-20 stages you can basically just DD->Outrage and watch yourself win.

This looks like it would have absolutely demolished things in generation 5, but what happens when it faces a fairy type?

Isaacs Alter Ego
Sep 18, 2007

DizzyBum posted:

Try using a different app that uses the cameras (or just try to take pictures from the home menu) to see if the problem is consistent, and if the inner camera is having problems as well.

Also, what kind of 3DS do you have?

Woops well I guess my camera is just busted 'cause trying to take photos just leads to a black screen and the inner camera just crashes it.

I've got a launch 3DS, I guess I need to get a new one at this point.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

What do you know, got lucky again, only took two boxes. You can't see it well in my lovely photo but the blue eyes look really cool. Bit unfortunate with the Defense IV, but nothing 99 levels and a bottle cap can't fix.

Team progress: 6/6. It's kind of a lovely team without synergy, but I had a very limiting self-imposed list of requirements:

- Has to be available in a Beast Ball (no starters, fossils or gift mons)
- Has to be available as a shiny (no Tapus, UBs or other legendaries, don't want to use those anyway)
- The shiny has to look nice, preferably better than the original (no Bewear, Flygon or Mimikyu, sadly)
- Not unreasonable to breed a shiny of (no Salazzle or Froslass, the HA Toxapex was a risk but luckily I hit the 80%)
- All dual types, no overlapping allowed

Now time to EV train and level them all to 100. It might be grindy, but it's going to be good with a break from breeding all day every day for a week and a half.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

oh what the heck guzzlord, I haven't had a legendary struggle itself unconscious in years. or ever maybe

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Guzzlord is gen VII's Articuno

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Junpei Hyde posted:

Yes, they can show up, and yes, they can decide not to stay.

Thank you JH

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I'm really curious as to what the deal is with the guy in the desert. The pokemon he wants to see is clearly Lunatone but that's not available until the Pokebank release.

less laughter posted:

Guzzlord is gen VII's Articuno

Its hard being a dark/dragon in this fairy meta.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Mizuti posted:

This looks like it would have absolutely demolished things in generation 5, but what happens when it faces a fairy type?

There weren't too many Fairy types in the Battle Maison, and if Outrage tried to hit one, it would end prematurely without locking Dragonite into confusion. At which point it could just use one of its other moves to kill it.

No idea if the same applies to the Battle Tree, though.

i poop fire
Feb 21, 2011

Mizuti posted:

You switch to the Aegislash

Edit: The trainers and pokemon in Battle Tree are all known, there's still not a lot of Fairy types.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-Ar5osOxlybwBp1q7jIy3OYCozo1kvrHC8Er3ddXJvw/edit#gid=321039701

i poop fire fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Dec 5, 2016

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Dr. Fetus posted:

There weren't too many Fairy types in the Battle Maison, and if Outrage tried to hit one, it would end prematurely without locking Dragonite into confusion. At which point it could just use one of its other moves to kill it.

No idea if the same applies to the Battle Tree, though.

I haven't ran into too many faries, which is good for my Mega Gyarados, though I did see a Mega Audino. Which really didn't do much

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Man getting a 6IV JPN ditto is loving impossible. By the time that you've searched & filtered they've all been traded away or they're all asking for 91+ pokemon which I don't have.

Don't filter for anything other than for a Ditto 91-100. The regional filter goes by location of the player so some guy hocking a JPN Ditto from the US (assuming this is your home region) would get filtered out, plus you're wasting time filtering the initial results.

If you see nothing, hit B/back and then search again (this won't clear your filters unless you go back to the main menu). The results are chronological from newest request to oldest, so if the first result is requesting a 91+ pokemon, make a note of what it wants and hit back. Search, take a quick look at the first one, and if it's the same, hit back and then search again. These things get picked up super quick (like within seconds of appearing on the GTS) so you're gonna have to do this for a bit. The requests asking for high level pokemon have likely been there for a while.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Internet Kraken posted:

I'm really curious as to what the deal is with the guy in the desert. The pokemon he wants to see is clearly Lunatone but that's not available until the Pokebank release.

It's...weird: Talking to him again with either Solrock (in sun) or Lunatone (in moon) in your party jogs his memory, and he talks about how he gifted Star Power to 30 trustworthy men as many years ago. His work finished and his memory restored, he gifts a player either a Sun stone or Moon stone in their respective titles, and returns home...in space, by spinning and rising into the sky as if under a tractor beam. He has no significance to the plot.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
I'm only on the second Island but man it really seems like the world is seeded with a lot of Kanto pokemon. 4/6 of my team right now is from the original 150.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

It's...weird: Talking to him again with either Solrock (in sun) or Lunatone (in moon) in your party jogs his memory, and he talks about how he gifted Star Power to 30 trustworthy men as many years ago. His work finished and his memory restored, he gifts a player either a Sun stone or Moon stone in their respective titles, and returns home...in space, by spinning and rising into the sky as if under a tractor beam. He has no significance to the plot.

I think that was one of the origins of Mr. Bonding. Seems like he was referring to O powers there.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Scoss posted:

I'm only on the second Island but man it really seems like the world is seeded with a lot of Kanto pokemon. 4/6 of my team right now is from the original 150.

Kanto is the best!

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Scoss posted:

Kiranamos posted:

Kanto is the best!

ew

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Scoss posted:

Yeah they're definitely cashing in big on Gen 1 nostalgia in SM. See also: only gen 1 pokemon having alola forms and, at the end of the main story, the heavily implied Kanto remake/sequel.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
wait..where's the farfetch'd

im given a leek but no farfetch'd are around?? im mad. no alolan farfetch'd??? im real mad

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
Well, that settles that. Does anyone have a hidden ability Dratini yet?

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Woo, finally got that 6IV Japanese Ditto. Fortunately I beat out the other thousand people searching for Leafeon in their box as I had it first :toot:

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
How the heck are you supposed to use Oricorio? It's a fast special attacker with its ability that copies any dance move. The ones it's most likely to copy is swords dance and dragon dance which increase atk/spd so that makes them completely useless because..it's a special attacker. Someone please correct me if I am wrong, I just want to use a cute sensu birb who's not totally useless :ohdear:

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Quiver dance

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
oricorio doubles are gonna be insane

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Sultan Tarquin posted:

How the heck are you supposed to use Oricorio? It's a fast special attacker with its ability that copies any dance move. The ones it's most likely to copy is swords dance and dragon dance which increase atk/spd so that makes them completely useless because..it's a special attacker. Someone please correct me if I am wrong, I just want to use a cute sensu birb who's not totally useless :ohdear:

Pair it with another oricorio, have them both use revelation dance, and they both do it twice.

It's sad that they don't get Quiver Dance themselves, but eh.

Besides, it's attack isn't so low you can't use it with swords dance. Hell, people've run special Swellow, and that's only got 50 SpA.

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Dec 5, 2016

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

spit on my clit posted:

oricorio doubles are gonna be insane

slumming on vgc showdown i've seen oricorio a grand total of once and it didn't get to do poo poo to me

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

It would copy Fiery Dance too right? My old Volcarona might have a new partner in the making.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

https://twitter.com/KazoWAR/status/805812904863928320?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Sultan Tarquin posted:

I use it with own tempo lilligant with petal and quiver dance plus aromatherapy. If your Lilligant is faster you can boost Oricorio with Quiver Dance and Revelation Dance or Air Slash on the same turn. He also copies petal dance without being confused which is kind of crazy since you can attack with him while also using protect. My shiny one is sub optimal but I'm going to get a modest one soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

Evil Eagle posted:

I use it with own tempo lilligant with petal and quiver dance plus aromatherapy. If your Lilligant is faster you can boost Oricorio with Quiver Dance and Revelation Dance or Air Slash on the same turn. He also copies petal dance without being confused which is kind of crazy since you can attack with him while also using protect. My shiny one is sub optimal but I'm going to get a modest one soon.

Alright cool! I wasn't really thinking of doubles when I posted so the options are there at least. Is modest the nature to go for? or does it depend on your team comp?