Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Drunk Nerds posted:

Eat a dick, it's pretty drat good and I thought of it myself

No I mean we, as in the rest of us in the thread, are failing to recognize that it Is Good. I will accept your misdirected anger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

LmaoTheKid posted:

50/50? You mean having equally good and bad sides and the bad side happened? That 50/50?

NO I MEAN 50/50 LIKE THE RATINGS FROM PRO SITES WERE HALF FOR KAEP (WHO SCORED loving 36 THE PREVIOUS WEEK AND HALF FOR BRADY)

You got something better to do than to jump on a guy right after a poo poo TE scores 3 TD to knock him out of the playoffs?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Drunk Nerds posted:

NO I MEAN 50/50 LIKE THE RATINGS FROM PRO SITES WERE HALF FOR KAEP (WHO SCORED loving 36 THE PREVIOUS WEEK AND HALF FOR BRADY)

You got something better to do than to jump on a guy right after a poo poo TE scores 3 TD to knock him out of the playoffs?

Are you watching this game? gently caress no I don't have anything better to do than jump on the guy having a meltdown in the fantasy thread.

You chased the previous week, sorry, them the breaks. This meltdown was fun for a bit but now you're just acting like a little baby back bitch.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Teemu Pokemon posted:

No I mean we, as in the rest of us in the thread, are failing to recognize that it Is Good

I, uh, emailed into CBS sports and they said it was the best one of the week, so... maybe find some other thing to analyze besides humorous lovely pun team names?

You gotta be a special typa guy to see a person suffering from a brutal upset and think, "yeah, I'll make fun of his [pretty good] team name." Thanks for making me feel better by showing me I'm not the biggest loser of the night.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

we are all watching a "professional" football game involving the Jets. so no, we do not have anything better to do then shitpost really. sorry

Also we are trying to say your team name is funny and good. Sorry you cannot read words.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

LmaoTheKid posted:

Are you watching this game? gently caress no I don't have anything better to do than jump on the guy having a meltdown in the fantasy thread.

You chased the previous week, sorry, them the breaks. This meltdown was fun for a bit but now you're just acting like a little baby back bitch.

SORRY MY PAIN IS NO LONGER ENTERTAINING YOU! SORRY YOU CAN'T TELL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN "CHASING THE PREVIOUS WEEK" AND "STARTING LITERALLY THE #2 QB OF THE PAST 4 WEEKS AGAINST A HORRIBLE DEFENSE"

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Docjowles posted:

we are all watching a "professional" football game involving the Jets. so no, we do not have anything better to do then shitpost really. sorry

Also we are trying to say your team name is funny and good. Sorry you cannot read words.

FAIR POINTS ALL AROUND! MY EYES ARE TOO RED AND PUFFY TO READ

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
ALSO I TOTALLY FORGOT THIS GAME IS STILL GOING ON... LET ME CHECK IN

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
WHY DID THEY BENCH FITZ? HOW IS THAT GOING TO STOP DWAYNE ALLEN?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Drunk Nerds posted:

SORRY MY PAIN IS NO LONGER ENTERTAINING YOU! SORRY YOU CAN'T TELL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN "CHASING THE PREVIOUS WEEK" AND "STARTING LITERALLY THE #2 QB OF THE PAST 4 WEEKS AGAINST A HORRIBLE DEFENSE"

sir, this is a del taco drive through

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
THANK YOU FOR THE TEAM NAME COMPLIMENTS THAT MEANS A LOT TO ME IN THE DARKEST OF TIMES

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

LmaoTheKid posted:

sir, this is a del taco drive through

Maybe it's the 3 shots of whiskey, or the other 8 shots of whiskey, but Del Taco drive through sounds really good.

Actually, yes it's the 8 shots of whiskey. But thanks for the solid idea

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Also, gently caress! I hate everything and everyone

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

you BROKE my TEAM

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
i also seem to have broken my caps lock

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Drunk Nerds posted:

You're a fellow analyst so I gotta wonder... are you really wondering why someone started a player who scored 23+ in four straight games including 35-40 in the previous week... against a dumbass chicago Defense? Like I usually respect your opinions but the overall rankings of Kaep were at least 50/50 better than Brady?

Because it's Tom Brady.
Before last week he had:
Multiple TDs in every game but Seattle
250+ yards in every game but one
One interception on the year.

So his reasonable floor was 250 and 2.

Kaepernick was a swing for the fences move. I benched Stafford for him and felt hinky about it. Benching Brady for Kaepernick was defensible if you were a huge underdog and needed the 30+ point upside Kaepernick has, but if that was your situation you wouldn't be so mad now.

Also the Bears are sorta meh not really bottom of the barrel.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ7oqmikZDQ

mods please embed

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I'LL CHANGE MY PASSWORD LATER, YAHOO, YOU NOSY SON OF A BITCH! WHY DO YOU PICK THIS WEEK OF ALL WEEKS TO DECIDE MY PASSORD IS loving NOT GOOD ENOUGH... I HATE YOU AND ONCE THE SINGULARITY OCCURS I'M GOING TO UPLAOD MY CONSCIOUSNESS INTO A COMPUTER JUST SO I CAN gently caress YOU RAW IN THE BUTT WITH MY WARTY COCK

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

This number 11 on the jets could be good if he didn't drop three quarters of his targets

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

This number 11 on the jets could be good if he didn't drop three quarters of his targets

A good team would be giving said targets to Enunwa instead. But we are talking about the Jets, so, welp.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Drunk Nerds posted:

In the SA craft beer league I started 1-5 but then went 5-1 and now I just need to win tonight to make the playoffs
I'm up by 22.5 and all he has is Dwayne Allen. Haven't checked the MNF scores yet, but I'm feeling pretty :smug:

Edit: There is no god. Existence is a joke

This makes playing fantasy worth it.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Spoeank posted:

Because it's Tom Brady.
Before last week he had:
Multiple TDs in every game but Seattle
250+ yards in every game but one
One interception on the year.

So his reasonable floor was 250 and 2.

Kaepernick was a swing for the fences move. I benched Stafford for him and felt hinky about it. Benching Brady for Kaepernick was defensible if you were a huge underdog and needed the 30+ point upside Kaepernick has, but if that was your situation you wouldn't be so mad now.

Also the Bears are sorta meh not really bottom of the barrel.

You... uhhh... you kinda lost a lot of my high respect for you, here:

You totally neglect to mention that Brady's main/only downfield receiver went out for season, and his other two top guys were gimped all week. Brady without Gronk averages under 7 yards per pass

In the past 4 weeks, Kaepernick (in my league's scoring, which you failed to inquire about,) outscored Brady by 25. He outscored him in 3 of the past 4 weeks including two weeks when he had double Brady's points.

You say Tom Brady's "reasonable floor was 250 and 2," but he ended up with 269 and 1... Which reflects his new floor when the gronk situation is accounted for. Surely you can see that saying "Tom Brady's reasonable floor was 250 and 2" literally 24 hours after he throws for 269 and 1 undermines credibility? I went for the guy that was surging against a meh defense, instead of the proven stud who has like half his weapons crippled. A disputable move? Sure, but to act like it was an obvious mistake is pretty low.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Docjowles posted:

A good team would be giving said targets to Enunwa instead. But we are talking about the Jets, so, welp.

Preach! Enunwa is a beast in the slot... it's so bizarre that they don't figure out better ways to get him VIABLE passes

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Drunk Nerds posted:

loving gently caress

Pretty much just this.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

coronaball posted:

Need 3.6 more in PPR from Moncrief and Forte and due to gameflow of this shitshow I'm not sure I'll get it.

gently caress the New York Jets and their Mike Pence-loving owner and their human garbage fans.

HAM ON THE BONE
Aug 22, 2009

Pillbug
I loving did it... I made the playoffs. Barely, but I did it. Thank gently caress my opponent this week had Jets D :woop:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Drunk Nerds posted:

You... uhhh... you kinda lost a lot of my high respect for you, here:

You totally neglect to mention that Brady's main/only downfield receiver went out for season, and his other two top guys were gimped all week. Brady without Gronk averages under 7 yards per pass

In the past 4 weeks, Kaepernick (in my league's scoring, which you failed to inquire about,) outscored Brady by 25. He outscored him in 3 of the past 4 weeks including two weeks when he had double Brady's points.

You say Tom Brady's "reasonable floor was 250 and 2," but he ended up with 269 and 1... Which reflects his new floor when the gronk situation is accounted for. Surely you can see that saying "Tom Brady's reasonable floor was 250 and 2" literally 24 hours after he throws for 269 and 1 undermines credibility? I went for the guy that was surging against a meh defense, instead of the proven stud who has like half his weapons crippled. A disputable move? Sure, but to act like it was an obvious mistake is pretty low.

I think you're right and I'm sorry for questioning your decision. I had in my head that Brady was a start-every-week stud no matter what, but had not looked at the specific situation this week.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Oh poo poo look at that, Sims is coming back just in time for my playoff bye, so I don't have to stress about if I should start him or not.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Stay out of my Doug Martin's, you Charles Sims rear end in a top hat.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

89 posted:

Stay out of my Doug Martin's, you Charles Sims rear end in a top hat.

This is difficult to parse. :v:

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Inspector_666 posted:

Oh poo poo look at that, Sims is coming back just in time for my playoff bye, so I don't have to stress about if I should start him or not.

As a Martin owner with a bunch of garbage on my bench this is adding to my confusion about what to do this week roster-wise

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Drunk Nerds posted:

I, uh, emailed into CBS sports and they said it was the best one of the week, so... maybe find some other thing to analyze besides humorous lovely pun team names?

You gotta be a special typa guy to see a person suffering from a brutal upset and think, "yeah, I'll make fun of his [pretty good] team name." Thanks for making me feel better by showing me I'm not the biggest loser of the night.

He wasn't making fun of your team name. He was showing appreciation for it. It is a good team name. I like it too.

You may now resume your tirade against Fantasy Football and all it stands for.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I like the part where I lost your respect while being right because you decided to bench Tom Brady for Colin Kaepernick. :waycool:

Best part of the meltdown, guy.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Tune in next week when Drunk Nerds gets mad at me because he benched Antonio Brown for Taylor Gabriel

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Anyway, yeah...

I came in here in the first place to let you guys know I sat down and figured out the best and worst matchups for QBs on a points per game basis for the fantasy playoffs. Should help? Maybe?

http://theinscribermag.com/sports/fantasy-football-top-5-quarterback-playoff-matchups.html

http://theinscribermag.com/sports/fantasy-football-five-worst-quarterback-playoff-matchups.html

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Spoeank posted:

Anyway, yeah...

I came in here in the first place to let you guys know I sat down and figured out the best and worst matchups for QBs on a points per game basis for the fantasy playoffs. Should help? Maybe?

http://theinscribermag.com/sports/fantasy-football-top-5-quarterback-playoff-matchups.html

Rivers has let me down enough. CARR/COUSINS TRAIN TOOT TOOT.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
To take heat off of the guy, I started Colin Kaepersuck over BOTH Russel Wilson AND Andrew Luck.

Luckily, I have Khalil Mack, Justin Houston, and Vontaze Burfict to right the wrongs and still destroy my opponent by over 50 points :smug:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

89 posted:

To take heat off of the guy, I started Colin Kaepersuck over BOTH Russel Wilson AND Andrew Luck.

Luckily, I have Khalil Mack, Justin Houston, and Vontaze Burfict to right the wrongs and still destroy my opponent by over 50 points :smug:

BASED

VON

TAZE

🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Guys. I made the playoffs in every league. What now?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Crushing disappointment

• Locked thread