Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

[this patch]

:trumppop:

holy poo poo this patch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Holy gently caress lol. I've never seen that but laughed hysterically.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhqUk28OwHs

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODZE5peUfWQ

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
drat, would have liked a little more time to finish Thanos 6* before a new BAM sink got added. Ah well, Odin can wait. I'm guessing Team Up World Bosses will help speed up progress a little. Hopefully they're not too annoying to drag random pubbies through.

Enchantress being Blast is a bit of a bummer. Since she's paywall only I'm guessing she'll be the second best character behind Odin, but Blast is already insanely stacked with Dr Strange and Sharon Rogers. A top tier Speed character would be really nice.

I like that Ulik, Fandral, Volstagg, Hogun and Hela are all farmable without being tied to something limited like Special Missions/Memory Missions/Dark Dimension.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6FBfAQ-NDE

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

b0ng posted:

Strange missions getting the nerfbat :suicide:

Maybe I'm blind, but I don't see where Strange missions are getting nerfed? Can anyone clarify?

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Clawtopsy posted:

Maybe I'm blind, but I don't see where Strange missions are getting nerfed? Can anyone clarify?

Maybe he just meant in context that there are probably gonna be better characters to grind/more uses for your exp? I didn't see any direct nerf either.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

So uh, good to know that netmarbu has totally forgotten that Angela is in this game.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Yeah, and I was surprised to see a Captain Marvel T2 without Ms. Marvel :(

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIkjJBAZsMA

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

I hope they add more ways to get Clear Tix. :ohdear:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Clawtopsy posted:

Yeah, and I was surprised to see a Captain Marvel T2 without Ms. Marvel :(

:yossame: It's a bittersweet patch for sure.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

asGARD UPDATE: known asgardians, silk and carol

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
And I came in here wondering if I should T2 Lash in the hopes that he could finally pull his weigth in co-op. I'm fed up with only getting 2nd place with him.

Oh well. He's going to continue being a T1 at least untill 2017.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Datasmurf posted:

And I came in here wondering if I should T2 Lash in the hopes that he could finally pull his weigth in co-op. I'm fed up with only getting 2nd place with him.

Oh well. He's going to continue being a T1 at least untill 2017.

He will never pull his weight in co-op unless maybe if you play him, and that's only if there isn't a decent other character in the group. Seriously, do not T2 him. Ever.

porkinson
Jan 20, 2015

This patch is a bit poor in terms of existing characters getting their T2, I was hoping for Loki, Jane and Angela. Let's hope they will come later in the mid month patch.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

No one has mentioned the New urd system. It looks stupid. I hope I'm wrong but it looks like yet another equipment that costs gold and/or shards and is rng based. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Xenochrist posted:

No one has mentioned the New urd system. It looks stupid. I hope I'm wrong but it looks like yet another equipment that costs gold and/or shards and is rng based. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

More stuff to do = content!

I mean that's pretty much it.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem

Poops Mcgoots posted:

He will never pull his weight in co-op unless maybe if you play him, and that's only if there isn't a decent other character in the group. Seriously, do not T2 him. Ever.

I know that, but since I've got him to 420 6/6/6, and got PoaH on him, I thougth why not go the whole way? After all, he looks like a super saiyan, why not try to get him to do more than Yamcha?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Fat volstagg for life.

So maybe I missed this in the notes but the trailer shows 4 new legendary bosses to fight. Surtur, Ymir, and whoever else. What makes them different than these other regular bosses? They drop anything in particular? They new WBs?

Not sure if anybody saw anything about these guys. Gonna re-read patch notes.

Looked like they were just going to be the bosses for some of the new stages, like Raina. It's gonna be real anticlimatic if my Dr. Strange kills them in like a second.

Greywords
Oct 17, 2008

Where we're going, we won't need eyes to Select Warp.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Fat volstagg for life.

So maybe I missed this in the notes but the trailer shows 4 new legendary bosses to fight. Surtur, Ymir, and whoever else. What makes them different than these other regular bosses? They drop anything in particular? They new WBs?

Not sure if anybody saw anything about these guys. Gonna re-read patch notes.

Think I saw it in some translated notes: Surtur, Ymir, Fenris, Jormungandr, Ulik, Odin and someone who I didn't recognize are an alternate version of the WB Invasion.

So one week it'll be the Black Order, the next week it might be Asgard!

I cannot find the link now for the life of me, but it was either on the reddit or the mobirum site.

E: Found it

Greywords fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Dec 6, 2016

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

I think I saw it too. It was a co-op WB weekly track but with Fenris and Odin etc.

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
I'm always cautious about these big patches that add new systems to this game. There's a big risk of this stuff being poorly optimized and not working properly (hello coop modes), ovetuned to favor whales (hello teatree) and grindy RNGfests that require 4000 taps per day (hello uru system). Best case scenario, this stuff will be optimized by next May.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Counterpoint: a bunch of new waifus

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

punchymcpunch posted:

Counterpoint: a bunch of new waifus

I got like 4 days left on my 1 month bios so looks like Enchantress might be the target of that MEGA-T2 ticket I got from the Brack Friday Bunduru.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
So let me ask a question. Is this the game that Gazillion lost a shitload of devs to and it's actually good? I'm really surprised how this mobile game is blowing the Hell out of a full PC release game.

Netmarbul take my money please. You handsome baby dinosaur little bastard.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

No, all the Gazzers defected to Blizzard I think. Netmarble are one of the least-greedy F2P devs, which makes people like them and want to buy stuff, and willing to forgive things like the execution of Keke, the Netmarble Monster.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Pour one out for a fallen homie (RIP Keke).

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

Oh boy. Another big patch to try to catch up on. Also gently caress yeah new Silk costume.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Pour one out for a fallen homie (RIP Keke).

2016 was a cruel year

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

Clawtopsy posted:

Misread the heros journey/journey of growth changes as changes to the epic quest.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Update is up on iOS, 1.2 gigs.

Thinking a bit more, Silk's uni might edge her up to top tier for Shadowlands. Might be worth it at T1 so she can solo a stage with her even more ridiculous CC. Not as much value if she's T2'd because she can probably solo a floor anyway?

I got a little excited about the alliance achievements being reset thing, but I think that's just the daily ones? I've been capped out on the overall alliance contribution rewards for months and it'd be cool it they added some more tiers to that.

Didn't notice this for shadowlands on the first time through:

> If you retry the same floor after pressing the ‘Retry’ button or you were defeated on a floor, the Characters that were used will be selected in the character select window.

gently caress yeah. That was one of the most annoying things, especially on stages I needed to try like 10 times before getting off to a good enough start.

I'm still worried about Captain Marvel. Before, you could keep her radiant form on basically forever with enough CDR. They reduced the cooldown from 45 to 35 seconds but also the duration from 20 to 10 so I think that'll be nearly impossible now. Maybe need to get her T2 to keep it up all the time? Also we're seeing people with buff-stripping skills. Skill rotation will probably be binary explosion to get damage immune, then as many skills as you can before hitting radiant and binary explosion again immediately. I still think she's just gonna be okay which is disappointing. We'll see!

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I AM ALIVE!!!! I AM HARDER THAN I HAVE EVER BEEN HOLY gently caress!!!!!!!

Here cums the sun

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Holy lol I didn't realize that Netmarble named and shamed their bans

http://www.mobirum.com/article/detail?cafeId=futurefight_en&bbsId=75&id=620627

That is amazing

e: holy moley from these patch notes T2 Odin seems to be the way to go

Adult Sword Owner fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Dec 6, 2016

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Here cums the sun

Spoot spoot spoot spoot

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
When's it back up? I want to be mediocre already!

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Holy lol I didn't realize that Netmarble named and shamed their bans

http://www.mobirum.com/article/detail?cafeId=futurefight_en&bbsId=75&id=620627

That is amazing

e: holy moley from these patch notes T2 Odin seems to be the way to go

Odin is always t2, like Stephen stranger and the BO

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Diabetic posted:

When's it back up? I want to be mediocre already!

Usually they're down for 6-8 hours and about the 4 hour mark you can connect to download the update but can't play yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Coolness Averted posted:

Usually they're down for 6-8 hours and about the 4 hour mark you can connect to download the update but can't play yet.

I think maintenance is supposed to officially go till 5 PST.

• Locked thread