Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

dreezy posted:

I loving hate video game talk in the rlm thread. rlm has nothing to do with video games

Ooh, I just saw that Pre Rec did a stream of The 7th Guest. I haven't played that game since I was a kid, I'll be interested to see if it holds up as being as creepy as I remember. I'm guessing probably not.

Edit: Ugh, they're spending the first few minutes complaining that they can't skip the cutscene that sets up the entire story. JUST SHUT UP AND WATCH IT YOU FUCKS

Oh good, they actually did start watching stuff. It's kinda cheesy watching it now, but I can see how it creeped me out at like 8 years old or whatever.

Another edit: Okay, the best part of the 7th Guest stream is that Jack and Rich seem to be getting into the puzzles now, while like half of the chat is people just HATING it.

Oh god, the end of that stream was perfect.

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Dec 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Baronjutter posted:

Why is the letter called a double-you and not a double-vee then?!
Wait, on old churches they'd write u as v. Nothing makes sense.

they do it on new chvrches too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mTRvJ9fugM

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

seriously vntrv kvltists in here

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Baronjutter posted:

Why is the letter called a double-you and not a double-vee then?!
Wait, on old churches they'd write u as v. Nothing makes sense.

I think it's cuz the Romans didn't have the letter U.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

I thought of a way to sum up my thoughts on why the VVitch is a terrible movie, and its because its 3 different movies and doesn't understand the story its telling. The first act sets up a movie about a witch terrorizing a family. The second act has nothing to do with awitch and is just about a family tearing itself apart through fear. Then the third act is about the witch again and just over the top cheese. Act 2 would have been a good movie, but its completely undermined by the context its placed in by act 1. Act 3 would have been a good ending to evil dead. Act 1 is still pretty bad though.

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I would love to see the behind the scenes on 'The Eliminators'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJgAeGUD2FU
This trailer just kept getting better and better. I have to see this movie.

We got robots, we got cavemen, we got kungfu, and loving roman soldiers from the future!

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

eSporks posted:

I thought of a way to sum up my thoughts on why the VVitch is a terrible movie, and its because its 3 different movies and doesn't understand the story its telling. The first act sets up a movie about a witch terrorizing a family. The second act has nothing to do with awitch and is just about a family tearing itself apart through fear. Then the third act is about the witch again and just over the top cheese. Act 2 would have been a good movie, but its completely undermined by the context its placed in by act 1. Act 3 would have been a good ending to evil dead. Act 1 is still pretty bad though.
This trailer just kept getting better and better. I have to see this movie.

We got robots, we got cavemen, we got kungfu, and loving roman soldiers from the future!

Thw whole movie is on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0wLhZRaV78

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
The witch barely does poo poo it's almost entirely the family ripping itself apart IMO

I liked the ending. I'm insane

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Better Fred Than Dead posted:

The witch barely does poo poo it's almost entirely the family ripping itself apart IMO

I liked the ending. I'm insane
Thats what I mean though. Act 1 sets it up to be monster movie, but then its not. So I kinda spent all of act 2 just waiting for the monster to show up. I'm not saying it has to be a monster movie to be good, act 2 would be good as a stand alone. Like if [spoilers]The baby disappears, and thats it, and we never see a real sign of the witch until the boy spits up the apple[/spoilers] its a way better movie. That one scene ruined everything after it. Now, I'm not saying its worse than Scream 5 or Paranormal Activity 24. Its certaainly aa better movie in terms of quality andd raw value. The thing I hate the most is that it was so close to being good, but then was ruined by falling short. You can argue that however lovely scream and paranormal activity are that they achieved their goals. They made they movie they wanted to make, they understood the format, and they pulled it off. The VVitch did not, it undermined itself and felt incredibly short of what it could have been.

Someone also consciously chose to put that much reverb on the dads voice, thats not a choice that is not defensible. Unless the dad is secretly a demon and I missed that part of the movie.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Maybe they need to chisel the band name into a lot of marble plinths. Scottish people are smart like that.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

eSporks posted:

Thats what I mean though. Act 1 sets it up to be monster movie, but then its not. So I kinda spent all of act 2 just waiting for the monster to show up. I'm not saying it has to be a monster movie to be good, act 2 would be good as a stand alone. Like if The baby disappears, and thats it, and we never see a real sign of the witch until the boy spits up the apple its a way better movie. That one scene ruined everything after it. Now, I'm not saying its worse than Scream 5 or Paranormal Activity 24. Its certaainly aa better movie in terms of quality andd raw value. The thing I hate the most is that it was so close to being good, but then was ruined by falling short. You can argue that however lovely scream and paranormal activity are that they achieved their goals. They made they movie they wanted to make, they understood the format, and they pulled it off. The VVitch did not, it undermined itself and felt incredibly short of what it could have been.

Someone also consciously chose to put that much reverb on the dads voice, thats not a choice that is not defensible. Unless the dad is secretly a demon and I missed that part of the movie.

okay my ocd can not handle this.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

reignofevil posted:

okay my ocd can not handle this.

VVitch part?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

I have a Denise Crosby autographed DVD of it. Trivia note: It was written by Bilson and De Meo who also wrote Trancers, Zone Troopers, The original Flash TV series, and The Rocketeer.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Posting on the meme page

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

What's red letter media and why does gbs always have a thread about it

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Aw poo poo, sexty-nien

naem
May 29, 2011

Mr. F! posted:

Imagine a gbs movie conversation only on camera with real goons and you pretend theyreeir you are frien

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

naem posted:

Imagine a gbs movie conversation only on camera with real goons and you pretend theyreeir you are frien

new thread title

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

naem posted:

Ohhhhh ok. Kinda like rifftrax

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

achillesforever6 posted:

Which is funny when they criticize the Marvel movies for playing it safe because what they do makes money.

Lol, are you serious.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

dreezy posted:

new thread title

Somebody plz do this our old thread title is like a car air freshener that lost all its pep.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Mr. F! posted:

this is a good introduction to what rlm is

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

I think some wires got crossed, surely you meant this.

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

This:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFj0tse5nZU

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

I know the devil is real.
I know the devil is real.
what are these super bottles

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
That beer should put the super bottles quote on the label

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

what does "half in the bag" mean? is it like a proverb meaning half-assed poo poo?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
would vvitch be better if they just cut out the witch at the beginning? for example I watched Frighteners but missed it by like 10 minutes, and it was a way way better movie without the opening monster chasescene

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

mike12345 posted:

what does "half in the bag" mean? is it like a proverb meaning half-assed poo poo?

it's old man speak for drunk.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

catch up movie chat: I saw 10 cloverfield lane and it was great.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lazorexplosion posted:

catch up movie chat: I saw 10 cloverfield lane and it was great.

The first 90% of that film are absolutely excellent. Should have ended as soon as she got outside. Everyone I know who saw it agrees. The last ten or fifteen minutes just reek of studio mandated reshoots. Totally ruined the film for me.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

eSporks posted:

the guy who plays him sounds like that normally

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsJmti01o2E

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

mike12345 posted:

One half of the body is in the bag? But where is the other half?

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

"How do I get rid of these nasty roaches?!"

Easy, just burn your house down.
This is required watching for any new rlm fan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1LmRjxGqls

Maybe

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Paladinus posted:

AAAAAAAIIIIIIIDDDDDDSSSSSS

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Paladinus posted:

I think it's probably referring to the shame bag that alcohol is packed into in the store.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Forer posted:

This is required watching for any new rlm fan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1LmRjxGqls

Maybe

:stare:

Why does this exist?

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:

Mr. F! posted:

1) Some hack fraud people who make lovely films. They're from Milwaukee, so gently caress them.

2) Some fairly normal people who hang out and make fun of movies and/or games, and post about it on the internet. We like to do those things too, so it's cool to virtually hang out with them since we have no real-life friends.

3) One of the guys became Internet Famous and Went Viral (AIDS joke) when he made a really insightful critique of why Phantom Menace was a poo poo movie while at the same time cracking jokes. It was fun to watch.

Also this is how you Chunky's:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-tAyYaDnak

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

FedEx Mercury posted:

I think it's probably referring to the shame bag that alcohol is packed into in the store.

Are you implying they drink alcohol at movie theatres?

Because that's probably correct.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

More like half in the grave

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
The worst part about that vvitch movie is how all the characters were talking so weirdly, like, no one talks like that anymore LOL also when that cartoon witch started her music scene with the talking animals I was really taken out of it

• Locked thread