Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Paul Zuvella posted:

The nutjob nut job not-haver is a woman and Curt Schilling has a whole radio show now so there is no character limit!

Facts don't matter any more, so I stand by my post.

For baseball content: is the Yanks going after Chapman a good idea? The rotation will be "meh" at best, so is spending all that money for a closer worth it, or is locking him up for ~6 years a good thing for a run in a few years?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

FWIW, Chapman asking for a 6 year deal is probably more to ensure he gets a 5 year deal. He won't get signed for 6 years anywhere.

That said, the yankees have infinite money and should definitely sign him

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Chapman knows he won't get 6 years. It's just negotiating.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Seth Smith is apparently on the trade block. Anyone need an aging COF that hits righties really well?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Apparently the Red Sox are now the front-runners for Sale. I do not care for this breaking news.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Inspector_666 posted:

Apparently the Red Sox are now the front-runners for Sale. I do not care for this breaking news.

what the heckarooney

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
As good as Sale is, I'm really not pumped about the idea of trying to beat a giolito/Robles package, gotta figure it begins with moncada/jbj/e-rod at the least

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Inspector_666 posted:

Well at least you won't have to deal with Benintendi now

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
That's Dombrowski man. As soon as he takes over you better not get too friendly with your prospects.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Trade Benintendi and JBJ and I riot. I figure it'd be more Ed Rodriguez, Kopech, Devers, plus filler.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Considering the rumored package the Nationals were willing to give up, I would count on losing guys you really really don't want to lose for Sale if the Red Sox have taken the lead in this

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon
Red Sox just got Sale. Moncada, Kopech and two others are going to the White Sox per Kenny.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Nice haul tbh.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down
gently caress this organization.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Fuuuuuckin :rip: the AL East.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Yeah, wowow!
https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/806199479120654336

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Boy howdy too bad the Yankees couldn't sign Moncada huh?

EDIT: Good thing the Yanks are so righty-batter heavy at the moment!

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Dec 6, 2016

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
:stare:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Well poo poo

At least he didn't go to Texas

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Thank gently caress the Nats didn't get Sale. They have to be a shoo-in for Cutch now but, eh, I'll take it.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

thank you red sox for ensuring the Mets still have the supreme rotation in the East.

Sale, Porcello, Price, Wright is a p. cool rotation. AL East gotta be shook now.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Nothing Could Possibly Go Wrong with a lefty power pitcher pitching in Fenway Park.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

If nothing else than for the sake of third base depth, I hope Devers isn't in the trade. Alex Speier is speculating Swihart might also be involved

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Now the Nats are probably gonna trade for Quintana.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Sale will finally win a Cy Young now that he'll have run support and a competent defense behind him

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Jays are going to be 3rd in AL East. RIP playoffs.

Dispersal
Nov 5, 2005

This rules.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Holy loving poo poo, now that's a trade

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I will miss randomly kicking the poo poo out of Sale three times a year :(

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

patonthebach posted:

Jays are going to be 3rd in AL East. RIP playoffs.

Meh, I figure you guys are still pretty much there with the O's.

I'm glad I preemptively gave up on 2017 for the Yanks, though.

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
They're doing it. Tear it all down.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

bawfuls posted:

Sale will finally win a Cy Young now that he'll have run support and a competent defense behind him

See: Porcello, Richard

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Comptroll The Forums posted:

See: Porcello, Richard

I know this is a throwaway post but Rick is short for Frederick.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

I'm pretty sure the Tigers and Indians are now both guaranteed playoff spots thanks to the unbalanced schedule.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

I follow the Red Sox in the sense that I get scores to my phone, occasionally listen to a game, and get real fuckin' mad when they gently caress up traffic around my office when I just want to get home. How good a trade is this for Boston? All I really know about Sale is that he's a Very Good Pitcher who occasionally slices up jerseys for fun.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

^^
Kopech is a AA pitcher who throws harder than Chapman, Moncada is crazy talented, but couldn't hit a curveball to save his life in a very small cup of coffee last season, probably needs a season in AAA for seasoning.

https://twitter.com/PeteAbe/status/806203317487538179

Please not Devers, I'd like to have one third base prospect.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Well that escalated quickly

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Teddybear posted:

I follow the Red Sox in the sense that I get scores to my phone, occasionally listen to a game, and get real fuckin' mad when they gently caress up traffic around my office when I just want to get home. How good a trade is this for Boston? All I really know about Sale is that he's a Very Good Pitcher who occasionally slices up jerseys for fun.

Sox are dealing some serious prospects, but Sale is absolutely amazing and honestly it seems like Boston got off a little light.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I don't see why the Sox are bothering. I mean, SI went to the future and saw who the 2017 champs are going to be already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
Boston got one of the best pitchers in the world on an absurdly cheap contract and gave up zero major league talent. It's real good.

• Locked thread