Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
I went a few pages back and didn't this mentioned, so here goes: is there a known bug where you use a skill point to buy a mount and the lord never gets the drat mount? Karl Franz is strolling into battle like a plebe when he should be riding about like a fancy-pants Not-Holy Roman Emperor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
Dunno about bugs, but have you checked whether the mount is available on the character screen?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
What time does Wood Elves release on the 8th?

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

peer posted:

Dunno about bugs, but have you checked whether the mount is available on the character screen?

I did and it doesn't. :argh:

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3wuS5zY_E4

The little scene at the end of this video is excellent.

fnordcircle
Jul 7, 2004

PTUI
Live stream by Party Elite of the DLC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnxjZ-sXyGQ

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

earlier lets plays by CA gave me the impression that there were like 4 wood elves factions, but i think i saw 9 in that video, thats a drat big forest to contain all that

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Davincie posted:

earlier lets plays by CA gave me the impression that there were like 4 wood elves factions, but i think i saw 9 in that video, thats a drat big forest to contain all that

That's because I don't think the earlier videos showed the minicampaign map but the 5-region forest on the grand campaign map.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Seems like the Red Duke of Moussillon got himself a unique model. I would guess it's like Boris Todbringer in Middenland, though it would be cool if they made Moussillon an alternate Vampire start, with the Red Duke as LL.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Randarkman posted:

Seems like the Red Duke of Moussillon got himself a unique model. I would guess it's like Boris Todbringer in Middenland, though it would be cool if they made Moussillon an alternate Vampire start, with the Red Duke as LL.

The Red Duke is a cool dude and I'd buy that for a couple dollars.

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon

John Charity Spring posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3wuS5zY_E4

The little scene at the end of this video is excellent.

Do you think this means they might make dragons a bit less poo poo

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Tokshen put out an overview video. Along with everything else, chariots seem to just barrel through people and keep going now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIzPePOfmdI

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

I just watched Lionheart's video, and on like an 80%+ chance to win auto-resolve, several of his units were completely wiped out from whole health. I think they may have borked auto-resolve.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Plan Z posted:

I just watched Lionheart's video, and on like an 80%+ chance to win auto-resolve, several of his units were completely wiped out from whole health. I think they may have borked auto-resolve.

They set it up to more readily sacrifice lower than tier units to preserve the your elites. Could that have been it?

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Rygar201 posted:

They set it up to more readily sacrifice lower than tier units to preserve the your elites. Could that have been it?

I guess so, but that was pretty brutal for such a high chance, and it did tear up some of his higher-tier units pretty bad. Here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1oZP80kP9M&t=3005s

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

They also increased the threshold for an unit to be eliminated from losses taken in battle according to the patch notes.

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

There Diomedes aimed and stabbed, he gouged him down
his glistening flesh and wrenched the spear back out
and the brazen god of war let loose a shriek, roaring,
thundering loud as nine, ten thousand combat soldiers
shriek with Ares' fury when massive armies clash.
20% off voucher for the main game:

8B68D-CW7PL-XQZIH

Just say if you used it .

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
Wood elves are going to be the Mongols of this game

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
elves rule dwarves drool

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

unwantedplatypus posted:

Wood elves are going to be the Mongols of this game

Watching these preview videos and seeing full armies literally just running away at full tilt while launching full devastating missile volleys the entire way has been kind of gross. I don't play multi but I feel kind of bad for people who do because that's going to be annoying.

LemonAIDS
Aug 7, 2009

They are pretty great.

Kanos posted:

Watching these preview videos and seeing full armies literally just running away at full tilt while launching full devastating missile volleys the entire way has been kind of gross. I don't play multi but I feel kind of bad for people who do because that's going to be annoying.

Isn't it just the more expensive, lower unit size archers than have 360 firing and fire while moving?

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

LemonAIDS posted:

Isn't it just the more expensive, lower unit size archers than have 360 firing and fire while moving?
Yeah, and they melt if they get caught in melee somehow.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Ravenfood posted:

Yeah, and they melt if they get caught in melee somehow.

Cavalry! Get hosed, dwarfs!

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Battle results with the number of kills each of your units got always fly past too quickly - is there a mod that slows that down or puts in a button you have to press so you can review it properly?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

V for Vegas posted:

Battle results with the number of kills each of your units got always fly past too quickly - is there a mod that slows that down or puts in a button you have to press so you can review it properly?

... You do have to press a button already though?

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Watching lionheart's video... The Red Duke is in the game. Please be a VC LL, please. I want to poop on Bretonnia with skeleton armies.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Kaza42 posted:

In theory, Quarrellers should punch above their weight against the high-tier Elven archers though, and I think they still have to pick between poison and AP attacks.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

LemonAIDS posted:

Yeah, but they also have poisoned arrows so good luck catching them unless you're on a horse. I guess you could try to gunline them but they have a bunch of vanguard deploy in faction.

I don't think they'll be unstoppable or crazy overpowered or anything, I just think they'll be extremely obnoxious.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

Kanos posted:

Yeah, but they also have poisoned arrows so good luck catching them unless you're on a horse. I guess you could try to gunline them but they have a bunch of vanguard deploy in faction.

I don't think they'll be unstoppable or crazy overpowered or anything, I just think they'll be extremely obnoxious.
Light cavalry to the rescue. Or cannons.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

Kaza42 posted:

shave any dwarf who lets a knife ear outshoot him

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Firing while moving isn't as super amazing as it sounds, it basically just turns the unit into a slower ranged cavalry. Just point some quarrelers at them or whatever.

Guess it sucks if you are playing as VC without a lot of flying units but I suppose you shouldn't do that!

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Zore posted:

... You do have to press a button already though?

I mean the loading screen at the end of the battle that breaks down kills by unit.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Dwarfs vs Wood Elves was usually a stressful fight for both players on the tabletop, in my experience, so hopefully CA manages to capture that feeling.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
I wish they would change the number of kills to health damage dealt or something, number of kills becomes kind of meaningless when one spearman is worth as much as a giant.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Kaza42 posted:

What's that? I couldn't hear you over my flamethrowers.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Dwarves vs. Knife-Eared Piece of poo poo: The Battle of Yakety Sax

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Funky Valentine posted:

Dwarves vs. Knife-Eared Piece of poo poo: The Battle of Yakety Sax

Grudge throwers. And if those fail, (well microed) gyrocopters.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
Do the move and shoot archers have the same range as most other ranged units? If they do you'll be able to really whittle archer units down with a little micro.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Carcer posted:

Do the move and shoot archers have the same range as most other ranged units?

They have a few different kinds of arrowheads, so some will have more range and some will have less.

Cannot wait to kill oodles of not-Frenchmen with Starfire!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Stephen9001 posted:

Grudge throwers. And if those fail, (well microed) gyrocopters.

I lost so many noble treemen to Flaming artillery shots. Stupid Dorfs.

Then again, I twice won against Dorfs because of there stupid Dorf Lords got scared of my terror causing units and ran away from them.

Using Tree Singing to surf your Treeman up to enemy lines ruled lol

• Locked thread