Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Who are you guys most excited to Pokebank back in?

Shedinja, my main man

(Not for any competitive reason or anything like that; I just love it)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
I miss my bud Toxicroak and my Vaporeon who I named Ulysses

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

I just want Mega Beedrill back now that it doesn't need to run Protect.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

I want my Lum Berry Scizor back. He trolled many a Breloom and Conkledurrs.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I want Volcarona for my Oricorio dance team.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

It's called Conkeldurr, conk + elder

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Pachirisu, so I can have a Follow Me partner for a Mimikyu that isn't a Fairy.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Alxprit posted:

Volca-freakin'-rona.
Latias, my favorite.
Durant, my weird pick.
Maybe my old Porygon-Z since it's suddenly become more viable.

I'm also looking to make myself a good Volbeat with Prankster. I used to run it back in Gen 5; it took FOREVER for that hidden ability to be released and then I had to scour that spooky house in the Dream World for a long time before I found an Illumise with Prankster. Looking at how much better it is defensively in Sun/Moon, and how we have the buff to the Confusion-inducing healing berries increasing its longevity a bit more as well.

Oh gently caress Volcarona. I cannot wait to have him back. Weirdly I think that'll indirectly buff Lycanroc because Accelerock can wreck him??

Emong posted:

I just want Mega Beedrill back now that it doesn't need to run Protect.

Mega Beedrill, Alakazam, M-Metagross, Mega Lucario and Mega Venusaur are all WAY better with the new speed-mega mechanics. Mega Venusaur would really clean up against a lot of the Tapus and UBs, I think.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
My main bird Altaria. I've got a pretty neat Dragon team to which I think Drampa could be a solid addition.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

What are the preferred Nature/Abilities for Mareanie? I finally caught one, and it was such a gigantic pain in the rear end that I thought they'd make good trade fodder. I don't have access to Hidden Abilities or checking IVs yet, however.

i poop fire
Feb 21, 2011

That plus Mega Mawile and I'll be happy. Hopefully they add a way to get Mawilite (and the rest of the missing stones) with the bank.

Power-up Punch Kanga would be nice to have for Battle Tree.

Edit: and Gliscor and Scrafty

i poop fire fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Dec 6, 2016

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
If walking pokemon was in, I'd have hacked in a Bisharp and only walked diagonally the whole time.

Notably, Bisharp is the pokemon I'm most excited to bring in, because it's my favorite Unova pokemon who is not available already (Nothing in Unova will top Eelektross)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Rangpur posted:

What are the preferred Nature/Abilities for Mareanie? I finally caught one, and it was such a gigantic pain in the rear end that I thought they'd make good trade fodder. I don't have access to Hidden Abilities or checking IVs yet, however.
Yeah, you can get other stuff that's reasonably hard to catch (like other fish and other SOS chain stuff) for it. Calm is the nature I went with for mine - it isn't ever hitting for relevant damage anyway, and Scald > Liquidation. But that one's to your taste, which defense you want to buff and which of those two attacks you want.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

i poop fire posted:

That plus Mega Mawile and I'll be happy. Hopefully they add a way to get Mawilite (and the rest of the missing stones) with the bank.

Power-up Punch Kanga would be nice to have for Battle Tree.

Edit: and Gliscor and Scrafty

I'm going to be super bummed if they don't add Mawilite in January.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

i was under the impression that z-moves are supposed to replace the whole mega-evolition concept

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

AriadneThread posted:

i was under the impression that z-moves are supposed to replace the whole mega-evolition concept

ya dun goofed

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

AriadneThread posted:

Well, considering megas are in the game, that would be an improper assumption.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

McDragon posted:

Speaking of Mallow, does she have a house somewhere or does she just live in the jungle? All the other captains I can think of have houses you can visit.

ha, I missed that detail, even better

She lives above the restaurant in the last town of the second island.

Also just wanted to say Nanu owns and him doing the dark move dance after spending all his time being :geno: was great.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
A move that can only be used once per battle has nowhere near as much utility as a permanent buff to one Pokemon.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

well, this is the article that that gave me that impression

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
So what's with the global mission that is more than halfway through the time period but like 7% complete? Usually when companies do these sorts of things they deliberately make them almost impossible to fail, did GameFreak gently caress up?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Scoss posted:

So what's with the global mission that is more than halfway through the time period but like 7% complete? Usually when companies do these sorts of things they deliberately make them almost impossible to fail, did GameFreak gently caress up?

They overestimated the playerbase and launched it way too late. There's not much incentive to actually catch Pokemon if you've completed the game and the Pokedex, which a lot of people already have done.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

less laughter posted:

It's called Conkeldurr, conk + elder

Actually its called trash from a garbage can.

That Old Ganon
Jan 2, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

tyblazitar posted:

Sure, going for a TR team? Both the ones I have have Berserk, hope that's OK. Would you be willing to part with either Comfey, Oranguru or Horsea for it?
I can whip up one of those for you, sure.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Dr. Fetus posted:

They overestimated the playerbase and launched it way too late. There's not much incentive to actually catch Pokemon if you've completed the game and the Pokedex, which a lot of people already have done.

If they made it so eggs and trades counted that would be a lot better. but yeah launching with the game would have been a smart move and also not tying it to some online service i think

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Can you use a z move and a mega evolution on your team?

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Would someone mind helping me evolve my Kedabra to Alakazam??

5129-4663-8206?
Sophia

Would be much appreciated! Asked before but nobody responded.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Can you use a z move and a mega evolution on your team?

Absolutely.

Also, unless they do events with certain Pokemon holding Mega Stones, some Megas will still be unavailable after Bank, unless you hack the stone in, in a similar vein to the type gems. They're all in the game, they just didn't make them available so they could probably shove them into the next games and encourage trading.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Xachariah posted:

Would someone mind helping me evolve my Kedabra to Alakazam??

5129-4663-8206?
Sophia

Would be much appreciated! Asked before but nobody responded.

I can help 2105-8771-2927

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

imweasel09 posted:

Is she doing the bloodborne make contact gesture for a z-pose?

Ahhh Cosmog, or some say Cosmoem...

gently caress YES

also have this lusamine spoiler screencap b/c i wanted the highest res possible for this (thanks again kojei): http://i.imgur.com/txtg07B.png

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Jarogue posted:

I can help 2105-8771-2927

Thanks! I added you and Im hanging out at plaza atm

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

Crumbletron posted:

If they made it so eggs and trades counted that would be a lot better. but yeah launching with the game would have been a smart move and also not tying it to some online service i think

Mostly the not tying it to an online service. 100 million would be like 10 catches per person, more or less, if it weren't tied to an online service that's more of a pain to register for than the FC you'd be rewarded for doing so. That's likely the sort of math they used, compared to estimated GL registration.

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I set fire to the rain watched it pour as I touched your face
I've had a Kartana up on the gts for five days and no one will trade me. I JUST WANT AN ARCHEN.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

SloppyDoughnuts posted:

I've had a Kartana up on the gts for five days and no one will trade me. I JUST WANT AN ARCHEN.

Keep it up there, I gotcha.

EDIT: I do not see it. You should relist it.

Alxprit fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Dec 7, 2016

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

SloppyDoughnuts posted:

that's five days of trades piling up in front of yours. no one's going to see it

Roshambo
Jan 18, 2010
Anyone got a build for mega Salamence I can steal for battle tree? I'm currently EV training a Mimikyu to take my first spot. Possibly a Scizor, Magneton, or Aegislash for the 3rd spot. Figured I would start getting the natures and IVs right for Salamence while I wait.

i poop fire
Feb 21, 2011

Roshambo posted:

Anyone got a build for mega Salamence I can steal for battle tree? I'm currently EV training a Mimikyu to take my first spot. Possibly a Scizor, Magneton, or Aegislash for the 3rd spot. Figured I would start getting the natures and IVs right for Salamence while I wait.

You don't need any fancy spreads for Salamence in Battle Tree:

Salamence @ Salamencite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Roost / Fire Blast

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Roshambo posted:

For Singles, I like this one:

Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 12 SpD / 236 Spe
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Return

Nothing unboosted in the Battle Tree will outspeed Mega Salamence after one Dragon Dance (But watch out for Priority moves and Quick Claws.) Outside of Ice attacks, Mega Salamence is a tank, so it's hard to take down. If the opponent has status moves, use Substitute on the first turn. The AI loves to try crippling your Pokemon as soon as they can. That will let you set up a free Dragon Dance (or a couple of them.) so you can use Return to take out everything. Nothing in the game is immune to Flying attacks, so Return is all it really needs. Roost is also really good at keeping it alive, especially if you have a Substitute up.

Substitute is probably the most important move in this set. It's crucial for buying you free turns to set up, since setting up in the Battle Tree is really risky without some way to do it for free. It will also block OHKO moves (but it will get destroyed if one connects with it), and you will encounter those later on. Spamming Substitute against OHKO users is pretty much the only real reliable way to deal with them outside of Sturdy.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Dec 7, 2016

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

SloppyDoughnuts posted:

Dude I will just give you an Archen. I got a spare from wondertrading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Magearna for Europe and Australia.

https://twitter.com/serebiinet/status/806291425520480257