Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
3 out of 4 playoffs. Can't complain. Only one probably has a real shot, but hell, who knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Combined 29-10 record, two #1 seeds and a #2, #1 in PF for all three.

So hyped for three semifinal losses :getin:

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Teemu Pokemon posted:

Combined 29-10 record, two #1 seeds and a #2, #1 in PF for all three.

So hyped for three semifinal losses :getin:

Dang, that's some steamrolling, nice job. I'm just a hair above winning 2 out of every 3 games overall, and that has me top 3 team in 10/13 leagues.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
13 leagues?!? :drat:

I'm #1 or 2 in points for in the only 2 leagues I care about (right now.) The third is a dynasty that I took over a garbage team. We'll see how fast I can turn it around (if I can.)

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

I'm only in one real league, but I stomped my way to #1 seed with a 10-2 record. One of those losses is by 1pt. Playoffs started last week, but we do two-week matches so I'm going in to the second half of semifinals this week with a 19 point lead. I think the #2 seed is in the middle of losing in an upset so I may be in the championships with a league newcomer who had the lowest points scored this year.

The only other league I'm in is the goon IDP league which has been pretty competitive so I can't wait for the finale. I highly recommend that others join in next season; it started as a bit of a gimmick but it's picked up after a few years and now it's great competition plus a fresh look at fantasy.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

So at the advice of the thread I dropped Russel Wilson for Colin Kaepernick last week. I managed to squeak out a 2 point win to keep my playoff hopes alive somehow, even after his poo poo show of a performance. This week is a win and in situation for me.

Now the question is:

Do I stick with Mariota vs DEN
Do I start Kaepernick vs NYJ (I don't think I could bring myself to do this)

or do I pick up one of these waiver options?

Tyrod Taylor vs PIT
Carson Palmer @ MIA
Joe Flacco @ NE
Alex Smith vs OAK
RGIII vs CIN
Matt Barkley @ DET
Carson Wentz vs WAS
Simein, Tannehill, Bradford, Petty, Goff are available as well.

I want to run with the hot hand (Mariota), but Denver D makes me ascared.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Forever_Peace posted:

3 out of 4 playoffs. Can't complain. Only one probably has a real shot, but hell, who knows.

Same. My 4th I missed this last week by 5 points, sometimes it just goes that way. I have the honor of hoping I can get by with Desean in the slot and either Jstew or Lewis at RB2 but could be worse! I'm just hoping we get AJ back in the coming weeks; I'd probably win two leagues outright with Green playing normally.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

RCarr posted:

So at the advice of the thread I dropped Russel Wilson for Colin Kaepernick last week. I managed to squeak out a 2 point win to keep my playoff hopes alive somehow, even after his poo poo show of a performance. This week is a win and in situation for me.

Now the question is:

Do I stick with Mariota vs DEN
Do I start Kaepernick vs NYJ (I don't think I could bring myself to do this)

or do I pick up one of these waiver options?

Tyrod Taylor vs PIT
Carson Palmer @ MIA
Joe Flacco @ NE
Alex Smith vs OAK
RGIII vs CIN
Matt Barkley @ DET
Carson Wentz vs WAS
Simein, Tannehill, Bradford, Petty, Goff are available as well.

I want to run with the hot hand (Mariota), but Denver D makes me ascared.

Pretty sure Kaep is the right call. Mariota v Denver is going to get you 10-15 points. All those other options suck, so it'd be between them imo. Palmer and Tygod might be good too, but I haven't kept up with how they've been doing lately.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

So I'm in the playoffs and my team is as good as I'm going to get it, with the exception of trying to plan for defenses: our playoffs are the next two weeks, which means I just need to look at matchups for 14 and 15, and the three options I'm looking at are thus:

Ravens (#3 overall DST, currently on my roster): @NE, Phi
Steelers (#16 overall DST, currently on my roster): @Buf, @Cin
Falcons (#20 overall DST, on the wire): @LA, SF

Obviously the best matchup set there is ATL, but I can't decide if the Ravens are going to continue to be good even against better teams. Obviously I'm not starting them this week, but do I keep them around for the finals against Philly? Or do I drop them and pick up ATL and choose next week between ATL vs SF or Pit @ Cin?

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum
I'm on the kaep train til the end, ride or die :getin:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

The third is a dynasty that I took over a garbage team. We'll see how fast I can turn it around (if I can.)

When I took over the team I have in this league my four keepers were Larry Fitzgerald, Kenny Britt, Chad Johnson, and Jay Cutler. Also you kind of got turbofucked by injuries this year.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
Well, I have to play the guy I JUST beat week 13 in the first round of the playoffs. I'm 2-0 against him this year so surely I'll lose by 1 pt.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I we sure Kaep is going to start? He got pulled in the fourth quarter after Snowmageddon. I assume so, but...

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Kaepernick is starting this week.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
I'm sitting at 10-3 and I'm pretty confident in most of my team. My RB core has been pretty drat solid but my WR core has been streaky and I want to see if I can't sure it up a bit as we head into the final stretch. We run 2 RB, 2 WR, and 2 FLEX with .5 PPR.

Current Lineup:
QB: Matt Ryan, Marcus Mariota
RB: Ezekiel Elliot, Melvin Gordon, LeGarrette Blount, Jay Ajayi, Lamar Miller, Carlos Hyde
WR: Michael Crabtree, Davante Adams, Kelvin Benjamin
TE: Jimmy Graham
K: Dan Bailey
Def: Chiefs

Best available WRs out there over the last 4 weeks:
- Ted Ginn (don't like doubling up teammates, but he's been hotter than Benjamin lately)
- Tyler Lockett
- Malcolm Mitchell
- Rishard Mathews
- DaVante Parker
- Kenny Britt

I'm thinking I could drop Mariota or Hyde to pick up another WR? I picked up Mariota for Ryan's bye and kept him around since he was doing well but I don't need 2 QBs.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Someone dropped Stafford in my money league. I put in a bid (auction waiver) but will probably come in low. Is there something I'm missing with him? At least a better option than Russell Wilson

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

TUS posted:

Someone dropped Stafford in my money league. I put in a bid (auction waiver) but will probably come in low. Is there something I'm missing with him? At least a better option than Russell Wilson

He's pretty middle of the pack and we're at a point in the season where if you're rostering two QBs it's because you're planning on playing matchups, and he doesn't really have any good ones (unless you're in a league that plays the championship in week 17 for some odd reason).

Howevah, if your other option is Russ then yeah he's an upgrade.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Just found out we're going to week 17 in our league. Granted it was because our commish overlooked it (first year I'm not commish - he took over for me after people didn't like how i was doing things) even though I pointed it out to him weeks ago. We were in a 16 team league and 10 teams went to the playoff. That went down to a 10 team league but he never changed the playoff settings.

We decided to do it just for fun and Xorts anyway. Everyone makes it in and we have first week byes. We won't do it again next year but I expect some hilarious tears at the end of week 17 from somebody.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

BonoMan posted:

Just found out we're going to week 17 in our league. Granted it was because our commish overlooked it (first year I'm not commish - he took over for me after people didn't like how i was doing things) even though I pointed it out to him weeks ago. We were in a 16 team league and 10 teams went to the playoff. That went down to a 10 team league but he never changed the playoff settings.

We decided to do it just for fun and Xorts anyway. Everyone makes it in and we have first week byes. We won't do it again next year but I expect some hilarious tears at the end of week 17 from somebody.

I set the one league I'm commish in to end week 17 because what better way to say fantasy is a cruel bitch.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls
In my main league, I was a major longshot for playoffs. I needed to win, outscore the teams I was tied with, and have the 2 ahead of me lose. Going into last night, I just needed the 1 team ahead of me to lose, but they were down 30 points and facing TY Hilton while they had Luck. I ended up making after the guy I needed to win came back:

Question about defenses: I have Washington (vs PHI) right now. On waivers:

Det (vs CHI)
Ten (vs Den)
Atl (vs LA)

Any of these worth a start over Washington? I was thinking LA.

THE MACHO MAN fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Dec 6, 2016

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I set the one league I'm commish in to end week 17 because what better way to say fantasy is a cruel bitch.

No one should join any of this guy's leagues.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Ches Neckbeard posted:

This is dumb. Fantasy is a cruel bitch all on its own; you don't need to have bad rules that make it worse.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

RVProfootballer posted:

Pretty sure Kaep is the right call. Mariota v Denver is going to get you 10-15 points. All those other options suck, so it'd be between them imo. Palmer and Tygod might be good too, but I haven't kept up with how they've been doing lately.

The scary part is I agree with you, but starting a QB that played almost a full game while completing only 1 pass for 4 yards is terrifying to me.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
Detroit and Atlanta are better I think.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

No one should join any of this guy's leagues.

Accurate.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

THE MACHO MAN posted:

In my main league, I was a major longshot for playoffs. I needed to win, outscore the teams I was tied with, and have the 2 ahead of me lose. Going into last night, I just needed the 1 team ahead of me to lose, but they were down 30 points and facing TY Hilton while they had Luck. I ended up making after the guy I needed to win came back:

Question about defenses: I have Washington (vs PHI) right now. On waivers:

Det (vs CHI)
Ten (vs Den)
Atl (vs LA)

Any of these worth a start over Washington? I was thinking LA.

I'd go Atlanta. They've got the 49ers in Week 15 too.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Gobias Ind. posted:

I'd go Atlanta. They've got the 49ers in Week 15 too.

Would you rather have Pittsburgh or Atlanta? I have a bye this week, so only 15 & 16 matter for matchups.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I'm rolling with Atlanta in both my leagues because they're dumb leagues with 14/15 & 16/17 playoffs

Jesus ESPN's default league settings are bad

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
I was doing some major hand wringing already about sit/starts - particularly D/ST streaming. Then I realized I'm on a bye. :awwwyeah:

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

BonoMan posted:

I was doing some major hand wringing already about sit/starts - particularly D/ST streaming. Then I realized I'm on a bye. :awwwyeah:

Me too, but I've got claims in on both the Bills and the Falcons for week 15 and beyond if things break my way. Not sure how the Bills got dropped but my 12th position waiver spot means I'm not getting my hopes up for either of them really.

I really just need a week 15 play because if I make it to 16 its the Chargers against the Browns. Perhaps the RG3 Browns!

Santheb fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Dec 6, 2016

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Hmmmmm I'm rolling with Minnesota against Indy for Week 15. Thinking about the Chiefs against Denver for Week 16 or Redskins @ Chicago. Which should I go for?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

So we confident in Ladarious Green? I really need a TE in a few leagues. Is he better than somebody like Eifert ?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

RBX posted:

So we confident in Ladarious Green? I really need a TE in a few leagues. Is he better than somebody like Eifert ?

I'm gonna dump Fedorawicz for Green, but then again he'll just be backing up Reed for me. FWIW the coashes did say he was going to continue to be increasingly involved in the Steelers offense.

I wouldn't take him over one of the "established TE1s" though.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Dec 6, 2016

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

RBX posted:

Nah. Eifert is a top 3-4 TE from here on out, maybe like Graham, Kelce, Eifert, and Walker (in that order imo).

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Against all odds I managed to get the second bye in my league after the team I passed lost the last two weeks in a row (the first of them to me) :toot:

Swarmin Swedes
Oct 22, 2008
Should I drop Hightower for Jaquizz Rodgers or Charles Simms?

Currently in the number 1 seed with a bye in my .5 PPR league

Here is my full squad

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Intruder posted:

Against all odds I managed to get the second bye in my league after the team I passed lost the last two weeks in a row (the first of them to me) :toot:

:hfive:

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I've got for RBs:

Spencer Ware
Doug Martin
Jonathan Stewart
Dion Lewis

I start 2. 0.5 PPR. I dropped Rob Kelly and he's on the waiver wire. I've got the #4 waiver priority. Do I burn it on Rob Kelly or Jacquizz/Charles Sims to backup Doug Martin?

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
IDP:

Kiko broke his hand, D'Qwell broke his head. I picked up Ellerby and was wondering if any of the following linebackers jump out at you:

Chandler Jones
K.Sheppard
E.Jackson
Kwiatoski
J.Ryan
D.Lee
Hitchens
B.Martinez

In bold are my gut choices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

RVProfootballer posted:

Nah. Eifert is a top 3-4 TE from here on out, maybe like Graham, Kelce, Eifert, and Walker (in that order imo).

Really wish I had traded for Kelce instead of Eifert when I had the chance for either of them. I opted for Eifert because of the AJ Green injury, hoping he'd fill that void in targets. Oh well.

• Locked thread