Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Real hurthling! posted:

Edf is a small game and it plays good and you will play it with me. Thanks

Ah hell that's enough of an excuse to spend 15 bucks then, gently caress it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Anyone know why nothing happens when I click Save or Load in TLOU? It autosaves, but like everyone else, I like to make some backup saves, especially for Grounded.

Been like two years since I last played it, so I can't remember what's the intended behaviour.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Ularg posted:

If any game could use a PS4Pro patch, it's EDF. Although they'll probably just take that opportunity to add even more monsters on screen.

And rightly so. It's not EDF without single digit frame rates when you're leveling an entire city block.

Iirc for the ps4 release the devs were asked if there would be a stable frame rate and they basically said "lol no there are more enemies and bigger explosions instead".

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So in Watchdogs 2 I had a Swatter swatted by dailing 911 causing his ecig to explode and make him scream by broadcasting screamers to his monitor, and his poo poo talking over mic did him in.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Things that would make me play EDF more:

Get rid of the giant cave levels. I'm not necessarily opposed to the idea of caves themselves, but I don't like the HUGE sprawling caves where you can easily get lost without any point of reference.
Link online and offline mission completions.
Get rid of the limit to use all of your cool weapons on lower difficulties. You can use some kind of scaling mechanic if you'd like, but let me use the weapons I own.

Hire me, Sandbox.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

This is the worst combination of things.

I feel great about Pro/4k TV because it looks and works amazingly. Don't fool yourself.

Me too. But this is the second game that has walked back supersampling on the Pro in as many weeks, right? Kinda
Lame. But also not a giant issue... yet.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Rastor posted:

So Feenix, I notice that ClusterTruck is on sale for half off. Is it any good?

Yeah. It's a neat little game that feels extremely video gamey as gently caress in all the best ways.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
There's no reason to drop the supersampling for 1080p displays over a drop of less than 10 frames in already intensive scenes. And even so they can't just drop it to 1440p? Like why else would a 1080p user get a pro if not for super sampling? The lower quality shadows are barely noticeable but I sure as hell see jaggies on literally everything.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Harlock posted:

The best PS1 demo disc as a kid

PaRappa, Tomb Raider 2, Armored Core, Coolboarders, Gameday, NHL, Crash, Intelligent Qube, JetMoto

Several pages ago, but after getting this on Xmas of '97 and playing Parappa nonstop, I just played that same demo of Parappa HD in Xmas '16 and still rapped out loud with Chop Chop Masta Onion like it was yesterday.

Hope that comes out soon and Lammy follows.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Ularg posted:

There's no reason to drop the supersampling for 1080p displays over a drop of less than 10 frames in already intensive scenes. And even so they can't just drop it to 1440p? Like why else would a 1080p user get a pro if not for super sampling? The lower quality shadows are barely noticeable but I sure as hell see jaggies on literally everything.

It's almost like Sony wants you to buy a 4K tv. Hmm...

Guw
Jan 10, 2013

Feenix posted:

Me too. But this is the second game that has walked back supersampling on the Pro in as many weeks, right? Kinda
Lame. But also not a giant issue... yet.

What was the other one?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Should I get the new Amplitude? I loved the first one and I guess I have a hankering for rhythm right now but I don't want to buy peripherals

grab Thumper instead imo

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Guw posted:

What was the other one?

I forget. Wasn't there another one? It was like a week or two ago I think...

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

This Last Guardian statue is enormous.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

Arist posted:

I'm worried about KH3, I'm worried they're gonna learn the wrong lessons and incorporate a bunch of the dumb poo poo from the side games (like Flowmotion, which we already know is in the game) instead of just making another KH2.
In order best games in kh series

KhBBS>1>2>rest

They are all fantastic

but gameplay feel wise. I'm going in that order.

BBS was fantastically done, gently caress even kH monopoly was so loving fantastic.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Also that holiday sale is kinda wack

Season passes shouldn't be on sale outside of packages (like i got deus ex and its season pass for 15 at BB black friday so seeing disgaea 5 season pass for 24.99 is wtf)

Black flag is 20 bucks.

That game was like a launch ps4 title more or less.

All rear end creeds are actually in the 20's.
wtf?

Underwhelming week 1, but then again i buy most games I want when they are out and not much else.

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.
In what universe does 2 rank below 1 in gameplay, nebulous as that term is? KH1 had Square visibly struggling with basic movement and combat mechanics.

BBS is the best one though, no argument there.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

ufarn posted:

Anyone know why nothing happens when I click Save or Load in TLOU? It autosaves, but like everyone else, I like to make some backup saves, especially for Grounded.

Been like two years since I last played it, so I can't remember what's the intended behaviour.
Apparently it's some kind of bug Naughty Dog still haven't been arsed to fix. Hopefully closing the game will do the trick.

The game is also extremely "dark"; can't see crap even with brightness turned all the way up. That's odd.

ufarn fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Dec 7, 2016

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

LordMune posted:

In what universe does 2 rank below 1 in gameplay, nebulous as that term is? KH1 had Square visibly struggling with basic movement and combat mechanics.

BBS is the best one though, no argument there.

I should have put an equal.

I wasn't a huge fan of most battle being find the QTE or use knocksmash, fantasia, whatever.

It was personal but BBS wasn't. That one was far and away my fave in the series all round.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Boogalo posted:

Did they model the butthole?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Boogalo posted:

I'm sorry but does that thing have a busted horn? :catstare:

TLG is something I'm wary about. I feel like I should drop 60 bucks on it because I loved Ico and SotC, but I don't want it enough to screw up my budget.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

SectumSempra posted:

Also that holiday sale is kinda wack

Season passes shouldn't be on sale outside of packages (like i got deus ex and its season pass for 15 at BB black friday so seeing disgaea 5 season pass for 24.99 is wtf)

Black flag is 20 bucks.

That game was like a launch ps4 title more or less.

All rear end creeds are actually in the 20's.
wtf?

Underwhelming week 1, but then again i buy most games I want when they are out and not much else.

yeah but EDF

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Did they model the butthole?

they did in game for some reason, i saw it on a stream.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

SectumSempra posted:

they did in game for some reason, i saw it on a stream.

Ever look at your cat's butthole and think..."hmm, that's entirely unremarkable, I suppose we all have that"

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
That's why I assed

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

SectumSempra posted:

I should have put an equal.

I wasn't a huge fan of most battle being find the QTE or use knocksmash, fantasia, whatever.

It was personal but BBS wasn't. That one was far and away my fave in the series all round.

I played 2 Final Mix on Critical and that is absolutely not what that game is. Also I prefer actual interesting movesets to just the loving Command Deck.

BBS's boss fights are also atrocious, especially the bonus bosses.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
I'm wanting a fun arcadey open world racer just to have some casual fun with blast around some races here and there and customize some cars, are either Need for Speed or the Crew even half decent for these purposes given my low demands?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So is the general consensus that it's a complete waste of money to get a Pro while only having a 1080p tv?

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Yeah, here, have a butthole.

http://i.imgur.com/8NSnCsMh.png

It looks like any old cat butthole. Anyone who has a cat knows, since they show it to you all the goddamn time for some reason.

edit: game crashed in the first room. So far, FF15 is more stable.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Does anyone play vermintide? It looks kind of rad actually but I have heard zero buzz since it's console release.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So is the general consensus that it's a complete waste of money to get a Pro while only having a 1080p tv?
Maybe in the future we'll start seeing major FPS and stuff gains from the Pro but not so far, it seems.

I have a 4K TV and I was planning to replace my launch model PS4 for months anyway so I don't regret choosing a Pro over a Slim, but it's been easy to forget that I even have a special PS4 so far. Especially when FF15 is still bumbling along at an unsteady 30-ish frame rate at 1080p.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Dec 7, 2016

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

veni veni veni posted:

Does anyone play vermintide? It looks kind of rad actually but I have heard zero buzz since it's console release.

yeah the game sounds really fun (L4D with a non zombie setting and metagame progression via loot drops) but i'm also wondering if anyone plays on console or if everyone's on PC

SamuraiPaul
Oct 9, 2005

Blowin' up da moon.

veni veni veni posted:

I was curious about getting it because I like first person melee combat and four player co-op. But I have a sinking suspicion that this game lacks invert x options so I avoided it.

I've been playing TLG all afternoon and anyone who's having issues getting Trico to do what you want are probably not petting and feeding her enough :mad: I'm actually not too far in the game but have noticed the poor framerate but don't care because the character animation is superb as always.

The framerate is probably not going to be as bad as just cause 3 I'm sure at least it hasn't been up to this point. her tail is currently stuck on a lowered gate

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I'm thinking about buying NHL on sale... Did they improve be a pro at all or is it still a bunch of text boxes?

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Regarding my Sharp LC-50N6000U

Sharp Customer Service posted:

Thank you for contacting Sharp Customer Service.

I understand you would like to know if the HDR firmware for your unit is ready.

I am happy to assist. As of right now HDR is not currently available for this model.

Our engineering team is working diligently to have this released for your television.

We do not have an estimated time of arrival but once this is ready it will be made available to you.

I understand how frustrating this may be for you but I ask you bare with us as we get this resolved for you.

Your incident number is H167167.

I guess my TV supports HDR on a hardware level, but firmware to enable it isn't even on the radar :(

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

lite_sleepr posted:

Regarding my Sharp LC-50N6000U

I guess my TV supports HDR on a hardware level, but firmware to enable it isn't even on the radar :(

What the hells even the point? Th2sts a big bullet point sales feature...sucks

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So far to me it's seemed worth it. I've been playing Titanfall 2 and Hitman on it both of which look noticeably better in that there are zero jaggies to be seen anywhere and framerates are better and/or just more than consistent. Sure there are teething issues with a couple games but I think devs will pretty quickly get it sorted out.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If you already have a PS4 it can wait. If you are buying a PS4 now, you are a fool to buy a gimped OG unit. It's pretty obvious that as time goes on the games will be made for the Pro with a sucked up version for the non pro. That's how devs have always done it. You give them better specs and they will develop for those specs and scale back for the other stuff.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

goferchan posted:

yeah the game sounds really fun (L4D with a non zombie setting and metagame progression via loot drops) but i'm also wondering if anyone plays on console or if everyone's on PC

I'm waffling on committing to buying it yet since it's still $24 on sale and I have so much crap to play right now, but it is tempting to try and get a goon group together if the servers are already dead. (although I watched a couple of live streams and they all seemed to be playing CO-OP)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i heard the game is great but i'm not gonna be able to play it with a group everytime i want to play so i think i'll wait until its dirt cheap instead of just half off

• Locked thread