Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I cured myself of Vampirism a while ago, but I see I have waterwalking. Something I should just fix with the console?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Rinkles posted:

I cured myself of Vampirism a while ago, but I see I have waterwalking. Something I should just fix with the console?

Maybe you're more than just the Dragonborn.

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

Pwnstar posted:

The only good part of being a Vampire Lord is that it stops people attacking you at stage four vampirism so you just never transform and keep that sweet 25% stealth bonus, free invisibility spell etc

I think just having the dawnguard dlc got rid of any stage 4 attacks.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Anyone know of a way to disable the 'THIS SAVE HAS MODS ACHIEVEMENTS DISABLED' box that pops up when I go to load any game? Like I give a poo poo about achievements, the fact that I am playing a bad game to satisfy my weird fantasies about being a super important dude that everyone likes in a fantasy world kind of sets the tone about my achievements irl and I'd rather not be reminded of that.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

KakerMix posted:

Anyone know of a way to disable the 'THIS SAVE HAS MODS ACHIEVEMENTS DISABLED' box that pops up when I go to load any game? Like I give a poo poo about achievements, the fact that I am playing a bad game to satisfy my weird fantasies about being a super important dude that everyone likes in a fantasy world kind of sets the tone about my achievements irl and I'd rather not be reminded of that.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/245/

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Thanks, should have figured that I'd have to enable achievements in order to not give a poo poo about them. Classic Bethesda.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

KakerMix posted:

Thanks, should have figured that I'd have to enable achievements in order to not give a poo poo about them. Classic Bethesda.

This something they only bothered with for SSE?

RadioDog
May 31, 2005
What's the easiest way to remove 100 or mods you installed with NMM? I've noticed when I just run Skyrim directly all the mods I normally launch through NMM are still there - so I assume just deleting them from NMM isn't sufficient? Do I have to go and remove them all via NMM?

I thought the virtual install just used symbolic links to slip the mods in when you ran it, but it leaves them there? Clearly I'm misunderstanding part of it.

edit: Ok, I've found the delete all mods option from within the SE Skyrim launcher, but where is it deleting them from? Now NMM shows the plugins as missing but the mods as still installed (and reinstalling them attempts to uninstall them first).

RadioDog fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Dec 6, 2016

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006
Delete them through nmm or you'll end up possibly having leftover scripts/textures/meshes remain.
You could also rename or delete your data folder and then verify through steam and redownload it. You'd have to also rename/delete your nmm install info folder if you do that to start with a clean slate.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

meatsaw posted:

What's the easiest way to remove 100 or mods you installed with NMM? I've noticed when I just run Skyrim directly all the mods I normally launch through NMM are still there - so I assume just deleting them from NMM isn't sufficient? Do I have to go and remove them all via NMM?

I thought the virtual install just used symbolic links to slip the mods in when you ran it, but it leaves them there? Clearly I'm misunderstanding part of it.

edit: Ok, I've found the delete all mods option from within the SE Skyrim launcher, but where is it deleting them from? Now NMM shows the plugins as missing but the mods as still installed (and reinstalling them attempts to uninstall them first).

One of the many reasons Mod Organizer is great, (almost) never have to clutter the actual Skyrim directory. (I know MO doesn't have SSE support yet).

RadioDog
May 31, 2005

Rinkles posted:

One of the many reasons Mod Organizer is great, (almost) never have to clutter the actual Skyrim directory. (I know MO doesn't have SSE support yet).

Yes, I miss it. I though the MO dev going to work on The NMM beta meant NMM would work the same way.

I see now that was just wishful thinking. :eng99:

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

meatsaw posted:

Yes, I miss it. I though the MO dev going to work on The NMM beta meant NMM would work the same way.

I see now that was just wishful thinking. :eng99:

I think he's rebuilding NMM from scratch, so the beta is still based on the old version rather than the new, improved NMM.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.
So without going too much into it, I am curious if anyone has had any issues with a load of mods of intermittent "not responding / forcing to crash" on loading screens? Just curious what I should look for to fix this on my own.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
I had my first crash with SSE during Dragonborn this past weekend. Was doing the Dwemer ruins part of DB's main quest and had a flat CtD walking in the ruins. Reloaded and was fine, didn't change any mods. :shrug:

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
I mean, resource constraints might not be the only reason CTDs happen. Basic code issues can do it too, so maybe you have Bethesda's awesome programming ability to thank here. :v:

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
I really wish that Tannin had just slapped "Nexus Mod Manager" on MO2 and called it a day.

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Alasyre posted:

I really wish that Tannin had just slapped "Nexus Mod Manager" on MO2 and called it a day.

A good mod manager AND probable nexus drama? That'd be literally the best thing.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I've had weird CTD issues with ENB, where the game would crash every time during loading with it enabled. Restarting the computer, without any additional changes fixed it. Deleting and replacing the core ENB files (the exe and dll) also worked.

I've also had the game hang during loading screens, and then continue to eventually load. The above fixed this as well.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
MO actually does have SSE support. I ended up installing MO via the setup option, copied the MO directory over to my C:\games\steamapps\skyrim se directory, installed the plugin from the nexus, and ran in portable mode.

The only downside is the BSA enumeration, you can't see what is overwriting (MO2 limitation right now) as well as save games and some general wonkieness with the INI files.

However, the activation of mods and management of mods is so much better than anything else out there.

potaties
Apr 8, 2005

meow meow

Gyshall posted:

MO actually does have SSE support. I ended up installing MO via the setup option, copied the MO directory over to my C:\games\steamapps\skyrim se directory, installed the plugin from the nexus, and ran in portable mode.

The only downside is the BSA enumeration, you can't see what is overwriting (MO2 limitation right now) as well as save games and some general wonkieness with the INI files.

However, the activation of mods and management of mods is so much better than anything else out there.

Thanks for this, just came to the thread to see if there was an easy way to use MO for SSE yet. Are the savegame issues you're talking about just profile-specific problems? I don't actually use profile-specific saves very often anyway.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Gyshall posted:

Artmoor doesn't like Mod Organizer and always cites the virtual directory as being some sort of issue, right? I bet he's all salty that the MO dude was hired to head up NMM and will probably be just beside himself when NMM has virtual directories.

EDIT

I just tried the bethesda.net way of modding and as a surprise to absolutely no one it's garbage.

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Dec 6, 2016

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!

Rinkles posted:

I've had weird CTD issues with ENB, where the game would crash every time during loading with it enabled. Restarting the computer, without any additional changes fixed it. Deleting and replacing the core ENB files (the exe and dll) also worked.

I've also had the game hang during loading screens, and then continue to eventually load. The above fixed this as well.

I'll give this a shot. I am using ENB with the one suggested in the OP (which looks beautiful btw) and see if this helps.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Malek posted:

I'll give this a shot. I am using ENB with the one suggested in the OP (which looks beautiful btw) and see if this helps.

Note that this comes up with mod/preset configurations that worked fine beforehand. If you're getting CTDs with a new configuration, I'd suspect the problem lies elsewhere.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!

Rinkles posted:

Note that this comes up with mod/preset configurations that worked fine beforehand. If you're getting CTDs with a new configuration, I'd suspect the problem lies elsewhere.

Nah no CTDs, just loading goes to "not responding" and then I have to crash out. I tried waiting it out for 5 minutes+ and nothing. Thanks for the help though. :)

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

potaties posted:

Thanks for this, just came to the thread to see if there was an easy way to use MO for SSE yet. Are the savegame issues you're talking about just profile-specific problems? I don't actually use profile-specific saves very often anyway.

I can post specific instructions, I don't know exactly about the save games, but I think there is a gap in what is virtualized and what not.

But the important thing is that the Data\ directory remains clean, which is the biggest selling point for MO, in my opinion.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell
Here's how I got MO working for SSE:

Nevets posted:

I've had the MO beta working fine for a while:

Download MO Beta 3
Install as Standalone into a new folder, don't choose game to manage yet, just cancel out of the program.

Download TESVEVSEVEESVVSEE Plugin from :nexus:
Unzip .dll into <MO Beta 3 Install Folder>\plugin folder

Relaunch MO, Skyrim SSE should now be on the list of games to manage.

Download mods manually, copy zip files into MO's downloads folder, they show up on MO's download list with Red warning signs. Right Click -> Query Info on each download & pick mod id number if asked (always the higher #). Now install like its 2015 all over again!

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Been playing Morrowind with MGO (Morrowind Graphics (and sound) Overhaul) and Morrowind Rebirth + Tamriel Rebuilt just for kicks. This poo poo does not play around. Took me like a full day of wandering to get to level 2, this will come quicker now that I have discovered how to make 1 mana spells for training but I don't really like the idea of jamming a button over and over. Also found a Practice Dummy that seems to allow me to level up melee stuff to a certain extent. Any tips for leveling up Sneak and Security? I'm using Madd Leveler so I don't need to know how to game the vanilla leveling system. I've also jacked the difficulty to max because I hate myself, and because I love games where you start off as the scrubbiest of scrubs and slowly work your way to godhood.

I checked beforeiplay.com and it was basically just spoilers on how to break the early game, which is the exact opposite of what should be on that page.

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Dec 7, 2016

Ceive
Dec 19, 2006

thank pizza skeltal

Malek posted:

Nah no CTDs, just loading goes to "not responding" and then I have to crash out. I tried waiting it out for 5 minutes+ and nothing. Thanks for the help though. :)

I was having the same trouble recently. Tons of mods and my game would crash trying to load saves or get stuck loading forever. I enabled two mods that seem to have fixed my issues.

For eternal load screens - http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/46465/

For crashing on load - http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/78557/

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Any tips for leveling up Sneak and Security?

I just sneak everywhere and burn lock picks like they were moon sugar personally.

Edit: uesp has tips. http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Sneak

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
That'd probably be more at home in the the Morrowind mod thread.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I somehow missed that thread, thanks

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
Oh god, I have no idea which mod is doing this -

There's a whole new city beneath the College of Winterhold. It's called "Winterhold Ruins", but it's pretty bangin down there: there's tons of Khajit merchants and Skaal running around. I discovered it by falling off the college bridge and not-quite-dying.

I don't mind it, I'm just really confused. I don't have any Winterhold-specific mods installed and a whole fuckin town just appeared out of nowhere.

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

There's a whole new city beneath the College of Winterhold. It's called "Winterhold Ruins", but it's pretty bangin down there: there's tons of Khajit merchants and Skaal running around. I discovered it by falling off the college bridge and not-quite-dying.

I don't mind it, I'm just really confused. I don't have any Winterhold-specific mods installed and a whole fuckin town just appeared out of nowhere.

Sounds like one of those populated Skyrim mods that adds NPCs/locations all over the place. I remember one of them adding a boardwalk and buildings down there below the College.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Enjoy your new kajiit shantytown I guess.

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...

wiegieman posted:

Enjoy your new kajiit shantytown I guess.

drat pan handling furry robbers.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

If you play on PC, just open the console and click on one of the things that you wonder what it's from. Its form ID will be displayed. Note the first two character, they are the hex number of the mod it's from, in your load order, knowing that 00 is Skyrim.esm, 01 is Update.esm, 02 to 04 will be the DLC, and 05+ will be mods you added.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Just as an addendum to the above, codes starting in FF are things in belonging to your save, like arrows you've shot and dead bandits.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Skyrim Modding: Oh god, I have no idea which mod is doing this

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Leave Dragonborn until after the main quest or do it whenever?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Rinkles posted:

Leave Dragonborn until after the main quest or do it whenever?

Considering its way better than the main skyrim questline in basically every way, I'd go ahead and do it. I encountered a lot of death lords at 14 - 15 though, and with wildcat it made the fights almost too difficult. Still a lot of fun though.