Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
One could argue this team was stinky horrible no good garbage last season, and don't deserve to be in the Super-League. To that I say: A) I had 69 wins so they were actually the best team, and B) Tag Belts, Bitches! It's the World Warriors!

Hometown: Bangkok, Thailand (elevation of 5 feet)
Stadium: Shadaloo Stadium (Based off of Camden Yards)

Lineup vs RHP/LHP

1. CF 1913 Tris Speaker
2. 2B 1906 Eddie Collins
3. 1B 1925 Lou Gehrig
4. DH 1953 Ted Williams
5. RF 1913 Shoeless Joe Jackson
6. LF Maniac Magee
7. C 1932 Bill Dickey
8. 3B 1953 George Kell
9. SS 1983 Ozzie Smith

BENCH

UTIL 1970 Tommy Helms
3B 1963 Ken Boyer
1B 1993 Fred McGriff
SS 1938 Lou Boudreau
C 1935 Shanty Hogan

Rotation

SP1 1911 Pete Alexander
SP2 1925 Pete Alexander
SP3 1907 Walter Johnson
SP4 1901 Noodles Hahn (personal catcher Shanty Hogan)
SP5 1983 Steve Rogers

Bullpen
CL 2015 Jonathan Papelbon
SU 1995 Tom Henke
SR 1999 Steve Reed
SR 1995 Randy Myers
MR 1984 Joe Sambito
LR 1913 Cy Falkenberg

Everyone else is in the minors.

code:
mageema99
gehrilo01,1925,,,,Lou,Gehrig
speaktr01,1913,,,,Tris,Speaker
collied01,1906,,,,Eddie,Collins
willite01,1953,,,,Ted,Williams
jacksjo01,1913,,,,Shoeless Joe,Jackson
mcgrifr01,1993,,,,Fred,McGriff
dickebi01,1932,,,,Bill,Dickey
smithoz01,1983,,,,Ozzie,Smith
kellge01,1953,,,,George,Kell
boyerke01,1963,,,,Ken,Boyer
helmsto01,1970,,,,Tommy,Helms
mageesh01,1911,,,,Sherry,Magee
boudrlo01,1938,,,,Lou,Boudreau
alexape01,1911,,,,Pete,Alexander
alexape01,1925,,,,Pete,Alexander
hahnno01,1901,,,,Noodles,Hahn
johnswa01,1907,,,,Walter,Johnson
rogerst01,1983,,,,Steve,Rogers
falkecy01,1913,,,,Cy,Falkenberg
papeljo01,2015,,,,Jonathan,Papelbon
henketo01,1995,,,,Tom,Henke
myersra01,1995,,,,Randy,Myers
reedst01,1999,,,,Steve,Reed
sambijo01,1984,,,,Joe,Sambito
shueypa01,1999,,,,Paul,Shuey
mooreea01,1911,,,,Earl,Moore
maranra01,1925,,,,Rabbit,Maranville
watsobo01,1979,,,,Bob,Watson
hogansh01,1935,,,,Shanty,Hogan
leeth01,1939,,,,Thornton,Lee
upshace01,1967,,,,Cecil,Upshaw
burnsbi01,1911,,,,Bill,Burns
rusieam01,1901,,,,Amos,Rusie
SLIDERS:
Hit and Run: 2
Sacrifice Bunt: -5
Squeeze Play : -3
Trying for Extra Bases: 3
Stealing Bases: 2
Aggressively Tagging Up: 1
Pitch Outs (to prevent stolen bases): 1
Giving Intentional Walks: -3
Pitching Around Good Hitters: 1
Bringing the Infield In: 2
Guarding the Lines: -1
Making Cutoff Throws : 0
Bringing in Pinch Hitters: -3
Bringing in Pinch Runners: -5
Bringing in Defensive Replacements: -3
Starting Pitchers on Short Rest: -1
Letting Pitchers Pitch Through Trouble: 4
Letting Pitchers Rack Up High Pitch Counts: 3

Yaya fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Dec 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
wrong thred

Craig K fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Dec 7, 2016

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
Scientists Trade

Pick 38

to the Panderers for

Pick 57
Pick 69
Robb Nen '96

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Craig K posted:

Scientists Trade

Pick 38

to the Panderers for

Pick 57
Pick 69
Robb Nen '96

Accepted

I use pick 38 and draft 2016 Nick Vincent

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
Well, Craig made that edit in the nick of time.

I'm inclined to take menthol's offer (#42, Dragons' 1st Rd S-D) on '08 Pujols unless someone lusts after him. Polite to give people the chance, I guess.

shepard.shouldgo
Feb 2, 2016

Marauder and his filthy gumshoes are on the clock yet again!

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
mentholmoose, you good with the Pujols deal?

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

The Merry Marauder posted:

mentholmoose, you good with the Pujols deal?

Yeah, that's good for me, enjoy the picks.

e: It's '08 Pujols, right?

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

Yes.

Gumshoes select

Edgar Martinez, '91

Sucio Shep is up. Spreadsheet

shepard.shouldgo
Feb 2, 2016

Dusty Bakers Base Cloggers welcome 2015 Joakim Soria

Milt Thompson and his dragons are now on the clock

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Alright, I have one last thing to do before I post my roster, and that is trade John Olerud for a pick or a pitcher.

He's coming off a season where he hit .285/.376/.464 and played good defense at first base. Overall for my team, he's hit .265/.343/.427 over parts of eight seasons. He's got a good mix of power and patience as a big spoon or even as a full-time starter, and if he was a righty or a switch-hitter, I probably would not be advertising him at all.

I'd like a pick soon-ish for him, if at all possible. Or a good reliever, in the vein of Nen or Smoltz, or Soria, or somebody pretty modern.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

Okay so imagine that has a "SLXX Champions" title in the banner.

I won the league last year, so naturally that means I traded away significant parts of the roster while trapped in the throes of TRADE MADNESS. Let's see how that shook out in my SLXXI roster!

THE CSV
code:
wallabo01,1902
burkeje01,1902
heidrem01,1902
hargrbu01,1924
leecl01,1924
fonsele01,1924
roushed01,1924
cronijo01,1933
kuheljo01,1933
elliobo01,1949
holmeto01,1949
kimbrcr01,2015
vinceni01,2015
quackke01,2015
benoijo01,2015
kellesh01,2015
collied01,1920
kershcl01,2013
johnsra05,1988
fordwh01,1956
traynpi01,1928
wanerpa01,1936
leecl02,2014
hamelco01,2014
clarkfr01,1897
strunam01,1920
mauerjo01,2006
childcu01,1899
travice01,1938
rauchjo01,2010
fernajo02,2015
careyma01,1919
priceda01,2016
smithca02,2016
strasst01,2015
brittza01,2016
hernake01,1983
vinceni01,2016
THE LINEUP
code:
DH	Cupid Childs
2B	Eddie Collins
RF	Paul Waner
LF	Fred Clarke
CF	Edd Roush
1B	Keith Hernandez
C	Bubbles Hargrave
3B	Pie Traynor
SS	Joe Cronin
THE BENCH
code:
C/1B	Joe Mauer
3B/RF	Bob Elliott
3B/SS	Cecil Travis
LF/CF	Max Carey
LF	Jesse Burkett
THE ROTATION
code:
SP1	Clayton Kershaw
SP2	Jose Fernandez
SP3	Cole Hamels
SP4	David Price
SP5	Stephen Strasburg
THE BULLPEN
code:
CL	Craig Kimbrel
SU	Nick Vincent 16
SR	Nick Vincent 15
SR	Carson Smith
MR	Zach Britton
LR	Cliff Lee (2014)
GUYS IN MINORS
code:
C	Cliff Lee (1924)
1B	Joe Kuhel
SS	Bobby Wallace
CF	Emmet Heidrick
RF	Tommy Holmes
SP	Whitey Ford
SP	Randy Johnson
RP	Joaquin Benoit
RP	Jon Rauch
RP	Kevin Quackenbush
RP	Shawn Kelley
THE PLACE WE PLAY
code:
The Panderdome
Portland, OR
Domed
Artificial Turf
LF: 410
LCF: 425
CF: 435
RCF: 425
RF: 410
Playing field: Average
Grass Height: Very Short
Visibility: Poor
Foul Ground: Tiny
HOW WE PLAY
code:
Hit and Run:		5
Sacrifice Bunt:		-4
Squeeze Play:		5
Extra bases:		5
Stealing Bases:		-4
Tagging Up		5
Pitchouts		-4
IBBs			-4
Pitching Around		-5
Infield In		-2
Guard Lines		2
Cutoff throws		0
Pinch hit		-1
Pinch run		-1
Def. Replacements	0
Short Rest		-3
Pitch through trouble	-4
Pitch counts		-1

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

mentholmoose posted:

Alright, I have one last thing to do before I post my roster, and that is trade John Olerud for a pick or a pitcher.

He's coming off a season where he hit .285/.376/.464 and played good defense at first base. Overall for my team, he's hit .265/.343/.427 over parts of eight seasons. He's got a good mix of power and patience as a big spoon or even as a full-time starter, and if he was a righty or a switch-hitter, I probably would not be advertising him at all.

I'd like a pick soon-ish for him, if at all possible. Or a good reliever, in the vein of Nen or Smoltz, or Soria, or somebody pretty modern.

If you are on Discord tomorrow I would like to speak with you!

Robert Deadford
Mar 1, 2008
Ultra Carp
Here in Krakow we are delighted to be able to restore 2002 John Smoltz to the bullpen.

Over to Marauder for pick 42!

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Digging the darkest dungeon mini SL LP.

Robert Deadford
Mar 1, 2008
Ultra Carp

Pander posted:

Digging the darkest dungeon mini SL LP.

Hellions are pretty bad-rear end, much like the Panderers I guess.

If any of you guys who don't have a hero yet want a specific one, it can be arranged. You might need to wait for the appropriate hero to pop up in the stagecoach, but eventually I'll have all 15 classes.

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

Milt Thompson posted:

If any of you guys who don't have a hero yet want a specific one, it can be arranged. You might need to wait for the appropriate hero to pop up in the stagecoach, but eventually I'll have all 15 classes.

WEll given that my SL identity is permanent underachiever or Mr.Generic, I'd like a class in the same vein I suppose to properly represent myself and so you can be as disappointed in myself as I am in my SL performance. Or pick anything you needas I'm nothing but formable.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

Gumshoes commend the Dragons for whisking Smoltz away and select

Trevor Rosenthal. Straight White Shark may now demonstrate some Papal infallibility to kick off round 4. Spreadsheet here.

e: I'm listening to offers on 1930 H.E. Manush and his 138 OPS+ for me last season, by the way. Bit of a crunch in the outfield.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Marauder, you know your Phillies very well and one day I hope to see Von Hayes in the league. But perhaps because of your focus on the NL East, your selection of Rosenthal pictures is...lacking. Let me help you.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

Ha, delightful. I apologize for the oversight.

The Gumshoes did use Von Hayes in a different incarnation, though we didn't trade five players for him, more's the pity. Hit .340, though, obviously.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

:siren:MONATHIN'S FOURTH ROUND FIRE SALE:siren:

So, I've gotta get rid of some of this chaff and balance out my depth, as I've left myself a little short on certain areas that I'd like to shore up in the 4th Round. SO ON THAT NOTE, I'D LIKE TO GET RID OF SOME OF THESE DUDES IN MY MINORS/BENCH. What am I looking for from you?

PICKS! I will trade multiple of these dudes for a single pick, assuming you need them. I'd rather not try and hit up every person in sequence when it's the fourth round, so here is a list of dudes that Need To Go, and you can put together a deal to pitch at me. The higher the pick, the more guys I'm willing to give away for it. In a paltry attempt to not get completely rooked, my not-so-hard ruling is 2-3 guys for a pick before mine (43-59), and 1-2 guys for anyone picking behind me (61+).

With that out of the way, here are the nerds that need to get off my team:

1951 Warren Spahn (Age 30): A post-war groundballer type (or so Mogul believes) who can't seem to cut it on the Hol Horses, likely due to my team's composition. His peripherals aren't bad, and his stats suggest he's a bit better than the hot garbage he's been for me the last few seasons. Deserves a shot on a team where there's a spot for him.
1964 Whitey Ford (Age 35): You probably already have an opinion on Whitey Ford, and I doubt I'm going to be changing your mind. I've been using him almost entirely as a long man. He deserves a shot as someone's SP5, even at his advanced age, he's a decent lefty pitcher. Maybe he'll be yours!
1990 Ken Oberkfell (Age 34): Strictly a replacement/backup 3B at this age, he's been pushed out of my roster of usable people with the advent of the Mathews/Kell platoon. Still plays halfway decent defense, despite being way older.
1906 Red Ames (Age 23): A generic deadballer pitcher that Mogul regards semi-favorably. Useful for depth or filling out a rotation that's a bit on the skinny side.
1906 Orval Overall (Age 25): Roughly similar/comparable to Red Ames. They come in a package deal!
1948 Ken Keltner (Age 31): A 3B from the post-war Indians that's never really gotten any great burn in the SL. The '44 version of him was good for the Flames! Like Oberkfell, he's basically entirely superfluous to my team now that I have a working platoon. Deserves some burn.
1927 Urban Shocker (Age 36): A really old but usually well-regarded Deadballer by mogul, he's been exclusively an LR type for me, but deserves burn as a SP5.
1948 Satchel Paige (Age 41): Okay, I know what you're thinking, "Monathin, who the gently caress is gonna bite on The Oldest Satchel Paige?" But I want to say I've had limited success running him, like Shocker, in a SP5/LR role. The problem being I tend to run my SP5s as ordinary starters instead of fringe starters, so Satchel gets loving destroyed in regular use on my team. If you want an SP5 who only starts every second/third time he comes up in the rotation, Paige still has some juice left in the tank.
1935 Tony Cuccinello (Age 27): A 2B/3B novelty flex, who was last seen on the Seattle Supersonics way back in SL6! Cuccinello in full-time play has actually been really good for me, but I have too much in terms of Utility Infielder depth, so I need someone to take him off my hands.
1916 George 'High Pockets' Kelly (Age 20): A rookie 1B/2B flex who has decent contact and a deadball glove. Probably not worth starting, but maybe a good bench bat if you need dudes to fill roles.
1916 Heinie Zimmerman (Age 29): I haven't used him since I got Kell, he's a decent 2B/3B flex guy who's had no burn outside of the SL10 Juggernauts. Deserves some love.
1935 Al Lopez and 1935 Babe Phelps (Ages 26): Okay, I won't lie to you, Babe Phelps is probably worthless. But Al Lopez is a halfway-decent backup catcher for the people who are looking at far worse if their starting catcher goes down. I'm willing to throw both in for a deal that gets me one of the catchers left on the board.
1998 John Olerud (Age 29): A better aged version of the dude Mentholmoose is hocking up there. Decent 1B/DH type with patience and a bit of pop. I'm probably moving Delahanty to bench bat duty so he's a bit superfluous on my team right now! Help him find a good home.

Obviously, these dudes are also open to regular-old trades, but I'll probably be more finnicky about that than I will be if you just trade me your pick.

So, y'know, trade me your pick.

Monathin fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Dec 16, 2016

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Monathin posted:

1998 John Olerud (Age 29): A better aged version of the dude Mentholmoose is hocking up there. Decent 1B/DH type with patience and a bit of pop. I'm probably moving Delahanty to bench bat duty so he's a bit superfluous on my team right now! Help him find a good home.

Obviously, these dudes are also open to regular-old trades, but I'll probably be more finnicky about that than I will be if you just trade me your pick.

So, y'know, trade me your pick.

I have a fourth round pick and would like that Olerud. It is no longer the Nicest PickTM but it is still a pick - #70!

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

kensei posted:

I have a fourth round pick and would like that Olerud. It is no longer the Nicest PickTM but it is still a pick - #70!

Hit me up when you get a chance to get back on Discord. I think we have a deal we can suss out real quick-like when you got the chance.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Monathin posted:

What about Keltner and Overall for my 4th?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Forgettables pick 2015 Tony Watson. Revenant Threshold is up! sheet

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

tadashi posted:

What about Keltner and Overall for my 4th?

I've got another offer out on Keltner right now, Overall + Oberkfell, perhaps? Either that or we can wait on the deal a bit.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

:siren::siren:TRADE:siren::siren:

Monathin sends 1998 John Olerud

kensei sends no longer the Nicest PickTM but it is still a pick - #70

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

kensei posted:

:siren::siren:TRADE:siren::siren:

Monathin sends 1998 John Olerud

kensei sends no longer the Nicest PickTM but it is still a pick - #70

Approved!

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

I kind of want to trade for a relatively upcoming pick until the guy I want is off the board. Anybody that likes the same kind of poo poo my team has hit me up in some fashion.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Monathin posted:

I've got another offer out on Keltner right now, Overall + Oberkfell, perhaps? Either that or we can wait on the deal a bit.

That sounds good to me if that works for you.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

tadashi posted:

That sounds good to me if that works for you.

Alright, I'm down.

Blood Gulch Blues Send:
Pick 56

Houston Hol Horses Send
1990 Ken Oberkfell
1906 Orval Overall

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

guhhhhhh

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Ok, if John Olerud is only worth pick 70 to you people, I'm better off holding on to him than whatever not at all good enough pitcher I'd get offered.

That said, roster time!

The Bombers will play in Clay Bennett Field, modeled off of Ebbets Field, post-1948 renovations.

CSV:
code:
berrayo01,1951,,,,Yogi,Berra
piazzmi01,1999,,,,Mike,Piazza
cartega01,1983,,,,Gary,Carter
carewro01,1976,,,,Rod,Carew
pujolal01,2008,,,,Albert,Pujols
olerujo01,1994,,,,John,Olerud
collied01,1915,,,,Eddie,Collins
vaughar01,1936,,,,Arky,Vaughan
santoro01,1965,,,,Ron,Santo
valenjo02,1995,,,,John,Valentin
ramirha01,2013,,,,Hanley,Ramirez
hornsro01,1916,,,,Rogers,Hornsby
ramirma02,1996,,,,Manny,Ramirez
bondsba01,1987,,,,Barry,Bonds
hamilbi01,1901,,,,Billy,Hamilton
daviser01,1988,,,,Eric,Davis
ruthba01,1927,,,,Babe,Ruth
vanslan01,1985,,,,Andy,Van Slyke
walshed01,1915,,,,Ed,Walsh
phillde01,1903,,,,Deacon,Phillippe
wadderu01,1902,,,,Rube,Waddell
grovele01,1929,,,,Lefty,Grove
walshed01,1906,,,,Ed,Walsh
kaatji01,1973,,,,Jim,Kaat
smoltjo01,1995,,,,John,Smoltz
candejo01,1985,,,,John,Candelaria
jossad01,1904,,,,Addie,Joss
richaj.01,1979,,,,J.R.,Richard
riverma01,2010,,,,Mariano,Rivera
papeljo01,2011,,,,Jonathan,Papelbon
hoffmtr01,1998,,,,Trevor,Hoffman
quiseda01,1985,,,,Dan,Quisenberry
mantema01,2001,,,,Matt,Mantei
nathajo01,2006,,,,Joe,Nathan
Lineup vs. RHP:
code:
2B - Collins
CF - Hamilton
RF - Ruth
DH - Manny
1B - Pujols
LF - Bonds
C  - Berra
SS - Vaughan
3B - Santo
Lineup vs. LHP:
code:
2B - Collins
CF - Hamilton
RF - Ruth
DH - Manny
1B - Pujols
C  - Piazza
3B - Santo
LF - Bonds
SS - Vaughan
Bench:
code:
Catcher Platoon
1B - Olerud
2B - Carew
2B - Hornsby
SS - Han-Ram
OF - Davis
Rotation:
code:
1. Waddell
2. Walsh
3. Walsh
4. Grove
5. Joss
Bullpen:
code:
CL - Hoffman
SU - Papelbon
SR - Rivera
MR - Smoltz
LR - Phillippe
Everyone else is in the minors.

Strategies:
code:
Hit and Run: -2
Sacrifice Bunt: -2
Squeeze Play: -3
Extra Bases: 0
Steal Bases: 0
Tag Up: +1
Pitch Out: -2
Intentional Walk: -1
Pitch Around: -2
Infield In: 0
Guard Lines: 0
Cutoff Throws: 0
Pinch Hit: -1
Pinch Run: -4
Defensive Replacements: 0
Start on Short Rest: -5
Pitch Through Trouble: +1
High Pitch Counts: +3

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

quote:

mentholmoose: look upon my roster, @shepard, and weep
Monathin: @mentholmoose yeah that rost is pretty good
Monathin: i can't wait for them to win like 85 games and barely clinch a playoff berth
mentholmoose: i can't wait for the hol horses to get relegated

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
McD is yelling at me to make a formal complaint about Maniac Magee even though I've shared my concerns about him already. I might as well make an actual post in the thread, though.

As it is now, his baserunning is the only thing he has going for him. For being so fast, his range in the outfield is surprisingly lacking, and his hitting is abysmal. A .263 and .250 BABIP in SL19 and 20 are super low for a speedster who should, in theory, have plenty of infield singles. While he's probably the best baserunner in the league with the Masked Shortstop gone, his bat doesn't make him worth rostering over other base stealing specialists like Tim Raines, Rickey Henderson, or Ye Olde Billy Hamilton.

It'd be really nice to see something about him get tweaked because I really don't want to give up on my EC prize, but eventually something has to give.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Yaya posted:

McD is yelling at me to make a formal complaint about Maniac Magee even though I've shared my concerns about him already. I might as well make an actual post in the thread, though.

As it is now, his baserunning is the only thing he has going for him. For being so fast, his range in the outfield is surprisingly lacking, and his hitting is abysmal. A .263 and .250 BABIP in SL19 and 20 are super low for a speedster who should, in theory, have plenty of infield singles. While he's probably the best baserunner in the league with the Masked Shortstop gone, his bat doesn't make him worth rostering over other base stealing specialists like Tim Raines, Rickey Henderson, or Ye Olde Billy Hamilton.

It'd be really nice to see something about him get tweaked because I really don't want to give up on my EC prize, but eventually something has to give.

If baserunning is the only thing going for him, his BABIP will still probably suck, because BABIP is aided by good contact and line drives. Good hitters get good BABIP.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Pander posted:

If baserunning is the only thing going for him, his BABIP will still probably suck, because BABIP is aided by good contact and line drives. Good hitters get good BABIP.

Yes, I thought that was what the complaint was.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Ice To Meet You posted:

Yes, I thought that was what the complaint was.

I was just addressing

quote:

A .263 and .250 BABIP in SL19 and 20 are super low for a speedster who should, in theory, have plenty of infield singles.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Milt Thompson posted:

i wanna be a houndmaster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

Yaya posted:

TheMcD is trying to mislead your for his own ends. He is clearly trying to ruin your team by making me hate it and want to see it destroyed in fire, thereby keeping another slot in the Super-League potentially open for his team. Cunning? Perhaps, but now that we can see what he's up to, we can stop him!

Yaya! Only you can help me foil TheMcD's plans to make me want to destroy your team!