Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
its loving beans in water. i dont know why people get so snooty about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Volkerball posted:

because starbucks coffee is old beans in whipped cream

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

cinci zoo sniper posted:

because starbucks coffee is old beans in whipped cream

a disturbing metaphor

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
If you sip the coffee well you can taste the tears of non unionized employees

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

icantfindaname posted:

robert kuttner endorsed some woman from planned parenthood for DNC chair instead of ellison because he offends the israel lobby and that's unacceptably divisive

http://prospect.org/article/cecile-richards-or-tom-perez-dnc-chair

tom perez is actually a good choice though, i'd be fine with him
Offends Israel in the most mild, vague way, by acknowledging that there are 350m people in the middle east and that making all of our foreign policy decisions on the happiness of the 2% of them who live in Israel probably isn't the best path for long term stability.

I guess Perez is alright, although I'm not sure why someone whose highest elected office is Montgomery County Council is a shoe in to rebuild a national political party. Frankly I have no idea what his politics are other than "Obama wanted him".

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Berke Negri posted:

you weren't there, but did i tell you of the time a cab driver told me last week that the Honduran government killed a man to keep secret the cure for aids

that conversation was born out of what thanksgiving sides he had decided on
you didn't, but now you have, and i thank you

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

if i ever get fired from this job i want to take the opportunity to force myself to take a risk on a more fulfilling job. i'd like to work at museum or science center running programs for kids.

No museum is gonna hire you cause there's museum management degrees now and they can get volunteers for the fun stuff.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Volkerball posted:

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Volkerball posted:

Apparently youve never had folgers

that poo poo will make you realize not all coffee is created equal

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Barista.txt

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

corn in the bible posted:

No museum is gonna hire you cause there's museum management degrees now and they can get volunteers for the fun stuff.

Let the boy dream.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

corn in the bible posted:

yeah, but i didn't have the qualifications for this job and yet here i am

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
its great that i get a headache if i dont drink coffee now

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

rear end struggle posted:

its great that i get a headache if i dont drink coffee now

go cold turkey, it'll either fix the problem or you'll die of a brain hemorrhage

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

go cold turkey, it'll either fix the problem or you'll die of a brain hemorrhage

can it wait till finals are over

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Volkerball posted:

i wonder what you do with a gigantic rear end bar of titanium. like do you just wait in line at the scrapyard behind the pickup truck with a refrigerator in the back of it and then haggle with the dude when it's your turn.

how big a bar we talking

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

condemn MIGF to C-SPAM so he can eat 6-ers forever

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Weeping Wound posted:

condemn MIGF to C-SPAM so he can eat 6-ers forever

I wish zoux were still around, so I could say the same thing for him.:allears:

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

i could literally make better coffee than starbucks if you gave me access to their machinery and, like, five quid for beans and milk

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

hell, many people make better coffee than starbucks at home every day using pre-ground coffee and filters or what have you

starbucks makes really terrible coffee

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

keep in mind that i say this as a man hailing from a culture where the improbably stale barrel of coffee is a cultural staple in huge swaths of the country

i know lovely coffee

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

V. Illych L. posted:

hell, many people make better coffee than starbucks at home every day using pre-ground coffee and filters or what have you

starbucks makes really terrible coffee

It amazes me that people think using a French press isn't extremely easy.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

In 50 years coffee will probably be the same price as like gold or some poo poo per pound.

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0047981

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Hollismason posted:

In 50 years coffee will probably be the same price as like gold or some poo poo per pound.

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0047981

quote:

The models show a profoundly negative influence on indigenous Arabica. In a locality analysis the most favourable outcome is a c. 65% reduction in the number of pre-existing bioclimatically suitable localities, and at worst an almost 100% reduction, by 2080. In an area analysis the most favourable outcome is a 38% reduction in suitable bioclimatic space, and the least favourable a c. 90% reduction, by 2080.
:(

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Volkerball posted:

i wonder what you do with a gigantic rear end bar of titanium. like do you just wait in line at the scrapyard behind the pickup truck with a refrigerator in the back of it and then haggle with the dude when it's your turn.

yeah you sell it for scrap

this happened near where i grew up: https://www.justice.gov/usao-ednc/pr/former-navy-range-manager-pleads-guilty-accepting-illegal-gratuities

that dude only got 18 months so your guy isn't looking at serious time if he pleads out

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Chocolate as well

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/climate-change-could-melt-chocolate-production/

Everything you love will die

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

V. Illych L. posted:

starbucks isn't upscale what are you smoking

vb lives three corn fields up the road from where the gathering of the juggalos is held

starbucks and the massey-ferguson dealership are what pass for luxury retail there

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Ah. It must have been when I was younger.
Fun Shoe
starbucks over roasts it's coffee so it can taste consistent even though they have to buy it across multiple suppliers

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

Majorian posted:

It amazes me that people think using a French press isn't extremely easy.

yeah

i prefer my aeropress though

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
i might get a moka pot for christmas so maybe i'll like that more

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Starbucks has the milk shake disguised as coffee from Dutch Bros beat.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Hollismason posted:

Barista.txt

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

oh so we're at this point with cspam now, cool

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

i enjoy Starbucks non coffee sugar and milk explosions

i also have garbo taste buds

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

The darkness you pick your beans is entirely based on taste. Different flavor profiles take over at different stages. Try em all out, see what you like.

It's coffee you should enjoy it. Except of it's free then well it's free.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I splurged recently switching from Nescafé Red or whatever to Nescafé Collection Alta Rica and I'm still getting the hang again of eyeballing how much goes in the mug before the hot water does

Sometimes if I wake up late and don't get coffee before work I use the machine in the back with the Kirkland brand beans

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I guess my phone or the app doesn't really like diacritics

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
i've never had star bucks

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I get my coffee from this place

http://www.royalcoffeechicago.com/

Pretty cheap.

Also there's a place near me named Dark Matter and the roasting place is like 1 block from me so every morning it smells like coffee.

I quit soda and drink coffee for my caffeine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I go with the Kirkland beans in the green bag for I am white middle class.

At work it's coffee roulette where I go with the most full coffee jug and hope it isn't left over from day shift. It's free and has caffeine which I guess is the best I can get on night shift.

• Locked thread