Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!

BiggerBoat posted:

I think there were three threads and they finally got squashed once TigerMojo or someone actually got goons involved in his life on some level, or something like that.

I recall Goth Nurse touching the poop was the final knell for those threads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

Not sure if mentioned already/recently but I just stumbled upon the SAclopedia entry of goon who faked his death to get out of paying $1000 loan to another goon. That's pretty funny.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

White Genocide posted:

Not sure if mentioned already/recently but I just stumbled upon the SAclopedia entry of goon who faked his death to get out of paying $1000 loan to another goon. That's pretty funny.

Link?

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

its under omega dragon

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

I gained great enjoyment from the Bill Maher Bang Bus saga a few months ago and the twist that came later when one of the actors in the OP's drama registered to defend his honor.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

God Hole posted:

I gained great enjoyment from the Bill Maher Bang Bus saga a few months ago and the twist that came later when one of the actors in the OP's drama registered to defend his honor.

I think the best part is a guy in his 30s getting mad OP didn't follow Bros before Hos

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I'd bailed on that thread before the friend turned up, and half of me wishes I'd kept it that way.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

God Hole posted:

I've seen people caught in actual affairs act better than these guys.

porkswordonboard
Aug 27, 2007
You should get that looked at

I'm always selfishly sad that by the time I found the Get Out Frog, his celebrity had waned. Although a good few goons offered something like $100 for him.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

porkswordonboard posted:

I'm always selfishly sad that by the time I found the Get Out Frog, his celebrity had waned. Although a good few goons offered something like $100 for him.

I bet if you measure it and part a bunch of pictures you could get a goon project going to start recreating them. Then you could branch of and start making the less pulsar but still favorite Rowdy Trout.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

be thankful get out frog is not a trump meme

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Solice Kirsk posted:

I bet if you measure it and part a bunch of pictures you could get a goon project going to start recreating them. Then you could branch of and start making the less pulsar but still favorite Rowdy Trout.

https://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/12/07/frog-pattern/

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Solice Kirsk posted:

This already happened (see link above) when one was found and sent to a sewing goon who took it apart and created and sold the pattern in SA mart.

Eventually people were selling custom versions modified to look like the goonswarm bee or Cthulhu.

Prior to that an internet detective spree went down trying to contact + commission the original manufacturer listed on the tag. People called the Chinese factory and everything.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Earlier itt I asked for a link to the Boomerjinx saga, and on re-reading it I realized I'd forgotten how hosed up it was that he got his Reddit buddies to witch hunt a woman --- who didn't even work for the video game company anymore --- and they were blowing up her phone with rape threats. Over a loving Jeep with some dings in it.

He should have been permabanned for that, but look at some of the mods discussed in the last few pages alone.

Question: can anyone explain in brief the remark "become a marine biologist?" I've seen it pop up in E/N and imagine it's meant as a derisive shitpost toward people angsting over a stagnant career, but it's so oddly specific I wonder what it specially referred back to.

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

The blue ball machine was pretty cool, and I was just reminded of it because it got posted by a reddit mod on /r/announcements. Does anyone have a link to the original thread?

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Question: can anyone explain in brief the remark "become a marine biologist?" I've seen it pop up in E/N and imagine it's meant as a derisive shitpost toward people angsting over a stagnant career, but it's so oddly specific I wonder what it specially referred back to.

It's literally the same guy saying that every time.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer
I don't know if this is the right thread for this, I think there was like a lost stuff/request thread but I can't find it, so here seems like the place.

Anyhow I was in the Smithsonian air and space museum today and remembered the (i think) FYAD thread where the Russians who sent Laika the dog into space just did it to get their kicks killing a dog in a creative way. That was a funny one. Anyone have a link?

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

God Hole posted:

Oh hey the OP is pillowpants
Wasn't he the one that used to buy shitloads of banner ads for swole programs or whatever they were called? I always remember seeing these banners with a cycle of "You're FAT - You're UGLY - You're TIRED - You're WEAK - You're STUPID - Buy our program" and wondered who the gently caress would go straight for "advertising" like that.

republicant
Apr 5, 2010

I Said No posted:

Oh hey the OP is pillowpants
Wasn't he the one that used to buy shitloads of banner ads for swole programs or whatever they were called? I always remember seeing these banners with a cycle of "You're FAT - You're UGLY - You're TIRED - You're WEAK - You're STUPID - Buy our program" and wondered who the gently caress would go straight for "advertising" like that.

Pillowpants was the one who made budgets for people. And then there was that Resume to Interviews guy. One of them actually sold his business to other people without telling anyone here. I think it was the resume guy but I'm not sure.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

republicant posted:

Pillowpants was the one who made budgets for people. And then there was that Resume to Interviews guy. One of them actually sold his business to other people without telling anyone here. I think it was the resume guy but I'm not sure.

That was resume guy.

Right before I was going to hit the service up, apparently.

zerofiend
Dec 23, 2006

Pillowpants' budgeting service was actually pretty good, and I really liked the site he had set up. Unfortunately he had a pretty sudden shutdown and it was suddenly just gone. There was a post in his thread about it, but if I remember right it went down way faster than we were warned.

porkswordonboard
Aug 27, 2007
You should get that looked at

Solice Kirsk posted:

Uh, everyone knows the rowdy trout is a dog toy, right? They're like 8 bucks or something online.

But yeah, as far as the frog goes at this point I'm okay just letting him hang out in my living room. Super lazy.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

There was that time in 2005 when the goon team was ranked 32nd in the world right after Halo 2 came out

I Said No
May 21, 2007

Who was the YOU'RE FAT YOU'RE WEAK guy then if it wasn't Pillowpants?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Yea DustingDuvet was the resume guy and sold his business without telling. The original guy had a good service but the newer one is garbage.

Swole goon was ikillhostages and his service too was good until he went deep into the weird marketing and jacked up prices.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

George H.W. oval office posted:

Yea DustingDuvet was the resume guy and sold his business without telling. The original guy had a good service but the newer one is garbage.

Swole goon was ikillhostages and his service too was good until he went deep into the weird marketing and jacked up prices.

Someone took over the Swole dude's account, and poo poo got shady really fast.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

George H.W. oval office posted:

Wasn't his whole thing to start a lifestyle of sleeping in 15 minute bursts 10 times a day or something?

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

I have no idea what I'm doing.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

He should have been permabanned for that, but look at some of the mods discussed in the last few pages alone.

It sounds like a Seinfeld reference, referencing George (he use to lie and say he was a marine biologist or an architect to try to make himself look like not a loser). Just a guess though.

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

I used the resume service, and the resume was made with an illegitimate copy of Word.
What gave it away?

Nude has a new favorite as of 18:34 on Dec 7, 2016

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I used the resume service, and the resume was made with an illegitimate copy of Word.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Someone took over the Swole dude's account, and poo poo got shady really fast.

Nope, it was the same guy, he just fell completely for several online marketing gimmicks and everything went to hell.

The resume account was sold out, swole Pt guy just went nuts.

His downfall can be tracked through the complaint thread in QCS about him that got him perma'd, and the link within to his final thread which became a clearing house of people showing how poo poo the service had become.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3775343

They Might Be
Aug 30, 2004

Buglord

Palpek posted:

That's just from the first 2 pages and that thing went deep including people losing body parts and a kid running freely during his parents' drug party.

harm reduction :okpos:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Scudworth posted:

Nope, it was the same guy, he just fell completely for several online marketing gimmicks and everything went to hell.

The resume account was sold out, swole Pt guy just went nuts.

His downfall can be tracked through the complaint thread in QCS about him that got him perma'd, and the link within to his final thread which became a clearing house of people showing how poo poo the service had become.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3775343

Oh weird... I could have sworn that it came out that swoleman also went the way of resumedude.

I trust your version of it, though. (edit: meaning I didn't have time to check your link which obviously proves you correct)

Rupert Buttermilk has a new favorite as of 04:57 on Dec 8, 2016

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Swole PT had started down the path of weird poo poo for a while. He had a couple iterations of his thread before his final meltdown.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

They Might Be posted:

harm reduction :okpos:

I remember not only the story of kids being in the house during the drug party ("they were in their room") but people on this forum defending it because the kids weren't actually in the room but were definitely in the house with a bunch of hopped up randos and nothing keeping the kids from leaving the room or anyone from going in there.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Teach your kids the boundaries of chilling with crackheads

I Said No
May 21, 2007

Every single post of his is like a loving sales pitch or an infomercial, i'm amazed anyone ever took a chance on the sleazy bastard

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
Was Pillowpants the guy who posted an E/N thread asking for relationship advice in which he revealed that he created a spreadsheet tracking the number of handjobs his girlfriend gave him over the span of like several months? I think it was from back when E/N threads were still in GBS. Someone else has to remember that thread, I recall it being pretty funny (if only because he didn't seem to get that tracking your sexual activity in a set of carefully curated spreadsheets was not normal behavior).

the future is WOW has a new favorite as of 05:59 on Dec 8, 2016

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

I Said No posted:

Every single post of his is like a loving sales pitch or an infomercial, i'm amazed anyone ever took a chance on the sleazy bastard

For years he ran a legit thing in plain language, which was a feature, then it seems like he skimmed too many marketing books without understanding them and slowly + completely changed. It was quite astounding to watch over time.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I don't understand... That's like 2.5 years after SA started. A con? Really?

Back then it's important to remember that not only was SA a lot smaller but most of the people who made up SA had come from a few very specific other sites and SA had sort of been started because people kept getting mad that the dot com boom was killing whatever forum people were hanging out on at the time. So yeah it was only around 3 years since SA had been an official thing but a lot of people had known each other online since before that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Heath posted:

I remember not only the story of kids being in the house during the drug party ("they were in their room") but people on this forum defending it because the kids weren't actually in the room but were definitely in the house with a bunch of hopped up randos and nothing keeping the kids from leaving the room or anyone from going in there.
Yeah, it's TCC trying its hardest not to show drugs in a bad light no matter what is being talked about. Which is why you get posts from a guy describing how he's having a mental breakdown because he just hit his wife under the influence of DXM and it's the worst thing that happened in his life and he's crying...but first he'd like to clear that his priority concern is making sure that this story doesn't negatively portray drugs.