Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

victrix posted:

It's too bad the prices for Mithril are so insane. I like this game way more than FFBE, which has an incredibly hateful gacha system, but the cost for draws is too high for me to justify spending on it.

The dollar draws aren't terrible, at least. They're easily the best way to spend money on the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Evil Fluffy posted:

This is the only use I could think of for her when I got her SSB from the lucky banner. I don't run magic nearly often enough to consider making something like r3 chain firaga though but I can definitely see the appeal for people who can and do run mage squads primarily.

Get Cid's SSB and you could do 12x9999 to a boss weak against wind. :iia:

I am very, very tempted to make pulls on the upcoming FF7 stuff, just to make Team Windy even stronger. I just want Cloud OSB.

But I keep telling myself that I want Alphinaud's wind BSB more, so I can have some hybrid wind parties too. :v:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Mithross posted:

The dollar draws aren't terrible, at least. They're easily the best way to spend money on the game.

I asked for iTunes gift cards for Christmas to help me fuel my terrible dollar draw addiction :toot:

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Mithross posted:

I gave up on those after two months of never getting a single 5* :eng99:

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

victrix posted:

I gave up on those after two months of never getting a single 5* :eng99:

Go join the cult of "please God let this 5 mythril work out" and rage pull after your 11 pull gets you an off banner dupe you have no use for. Got me Punishment so maybe it'll work out for you.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Dollar draws were the only money I ever spent on this game but I've gone back to entirely F2P since G5 came around. I don't regret the money I spent though, I only did it on banners I thought were really good and I got an extra 6-8 5* relics or so. I might even bring it back for the festival banners, we'll see.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
I really ought to stop with the dollar pulls too. While the occasional 5* is nice, it's usually too much of a gamble for me. I've been coasting on the remains of my accidental Leviathan purchase for a while, and I figure I'll stop with dollar pulls when I finally run out of gems.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

KataraniSword posted:

Serah's burst is like Rinoa's but better in every concievable way. It is the de-facto Ifrit Killer. Now you just need to work out the "survival" part of murdering him.

oh, good to know, thanks. will give him a go next time the Mote Dungeons are back then. Also get Serah levelled up a lot (or at all)

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Got Yda's SSB fist :geno:

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Switched my RW to level 99 Maria BSB, so if anyone wants some crazy earth element nonsense, my ID is YUTs.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Finally scraped together 25 mythril.

I'm happy! My previous best FF6 mage synergy weapon was a 6* gravity rod, plus Terra's already my best/favorite realm mage with her tiara. Now she's pretty much go-to for any summoning hijinks.

And Hope's is pretty awesome, enholy plus 4-hit holy primary? Good stuff.

In about one month I've gone from 0 BSBs to 7.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Got Yda's SSB fist :geno:

her ssb's actually p. decent and she gets support 4*

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Attestant posted:

I really ought to stop with the dollar pulls too. While the occasional 5* is nice, it's usually too much of a gamble for me. I've been coasting on the remains of my accidental Leviathan purchase for a while, and I figure I'll stop with dollar pulls when I finally run out of gems.

I got Shout on a dollar pull, I've been riding high ever since (and losing lots of money)

Munoma
Jul 9, 2008
The next bonus dungeon is taking place in the six universe.

Super excited about this, I have decent VI relics. My first Ultimate was a VI dungeon. Should be able to clear the whole thing, that and potentially have new relics.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Stardust rod. Hrmm

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
I've been playing a couple weeks and feel like I've made a lot of progress due to the really nice recent banners.

I've hit a wall though, ultimate boss fights. I think what is holding me back is a lack of medica, but if something else can substitute that would be ideal.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

KPC_Mammon posted:

I've been playing a couple weeks and feel like I've made a lot of progress due to the really nice recent banners.

I've hit a wall though, ultimate boss fights. I think what is holding me back is a lack of medica, but if something else can substitute that would be ideal.

Isn't there a medica on one of the keepers choice banners? Or am I misremembering

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

victrix posted:

Isn't there a medica on one of the keepers choice banners? Or am I misremembering

Keepers 1 has a shared medica you can select, I think

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

victrix posted:

am I mistaken or isn't there ramza's tailwind and yuna's hymn of the fayth?

Munoma
Jul 9, 2008

KPC_Mammon posted:

Don't forget break effects if you have.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Got a duplicate wizard rod. :(

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Decided I couldn't wait to pull but it was only a few bucks.

Second Stardust Rod, extra nuke power for the event for Terra.

I also finally get to replace my first ever SB in this game, the Binding Rod. Man, I have such great memories of using it...

*plays I Will Rememebr You* by Sarah McLachlan*

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Thancred's Hasting Air Knives
Cid Raines' Holy Gloves
Cyan's Stop-inflicting katana

First XIV physical weapon and it's a Hastega to boot which is great. Cid's gloves appear to imperil Holy which could great with Hope and Penelo BSBs if I can obtain a Mnd+ SB down the line. The katana could provide decent CM options, especially if AoE is needed.

644 mythril still saved up, plus the usual dollar pulls, for festivals and XIV and Tactics. :getin:

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

kalensc posted:

644 mythril still saved up, plus the usual dollar pulls, for festivals and XIV and Tactics. :getin:

How? That is some goddamn iron will.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Attestant posted:

Or a severely beaten wallet.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Mastered sorceress gauntlet the first time after the first three decided to charge up my celes' snowspell strike instead of mass aoeing everything to death

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Attestant posted:

100 gem pulls satisfy the gacha itch, and I save for festivals and top-tier banners. Having the foresight of JP (banner analysis, G5, etc) helped with the patience. Also had kept all useful 3*/4* items since I started so all Ultimates and CMs have been doable thanks to decent free RS.

AweStriker posted:

Or a severely beaten wallet.

Nah, although the 100 gem pulls add up. I can justify that as a monthly fee for a really fun game, but I could never spend more than that on a banner.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

If the 100 pulls hadn't poo poo on me for two months straight I'd be happy to pay, I like the game more than most of the other mobile gacha crap I've tried.

If they put in an x fail dollar pulls gets a 5* I'd be in for sure.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

Munoma posted:

Don't forget break effects if you have.

Mithross posted:

Keepers 1 has a shared medica you can select, I think

I've the following burst 5 stars for characters I actually have:
Tyrio's Sentinel's Grimoire
Terra's Stardust Rod
Luneth's Gungir
Gilgamesh's Masamune
Locke's Thief's Knife
Luneth's Lust Dagger x 2 (Is this worth combining?)
Ingus's Heroic Shield
Nobody's Sanctum Gloves

I also have the following, but don't have the corresponding characters unlocked:
Sabin's Tigerfang
Fang's Rhomphaia
Lightning's Overture
Beatrix's Ragnarok

I've got Dr. Mog's teaching, so I can turn one Sentinel Grimoire. I've also picked up Protectga, Shellga, Magic Breakdown, and Power Breakdown. My best healing is Curaga and Momento of Prayer, but I eventually run out of healing and die. Or I run out of Protectga/Sentinel/Breakdown and really quickly die.

How game changing is medica? Would more DPS be better? I was debating whether I should pick up Fang next time I get a Soul of a Hero or just wait until she is available from an event. Her wind synergy with Luneth seems like it would be really good. He's currently my best character by a pretty wide margin.

Heroic ++ is doable but challenging. Ultimate is a brick wall.

Edit: One of my pulls on the Onion banner was 1/11, Sanctum Gloves, which was painful.

KPC_Mammon fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Dec 7, 2016

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Are you RWing a hastega+offense boost? If you've got native wall, you should pretty much be set with Shout for a physical team, Vessel of Fate for a mixed team, or Sheepsong for a magical team. Shout and a team of Luneth/Tyro/Greg/Locke/Ingus should work.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

KPC_Mammon posted:

How game changing is medica? Would more DPS be better? I was debating whether I should pick up Fang next time I get a Soul of a Hero or just wait until she is available from an event. Her wind synergy with Luneth seems like it would be really good. He's currently my best character by a pretty wide margin.

Heroic ++ is doable but challenging. Ultimate is a brick wall.

Acquiring a decent medica is pretty much required, after a point. You can make due for a long time with party-wide Regen effects, or just shared relic medicas. But there are some Ultimates/+/++ content that basically require you to be able to dump a lot of healing, which is where actual character relic Medica's shine.

For Ultimates, I'd say the initial toolkit to get these days is: Wall, some source of party-wide haste (preferably with damage boost), and a medica. Since you already have Sentinel Grimoire, I'd use Roaming Warriors for the hastega + damage boost (Shout, Vessel of Fate, Sheepsong, etc) and focus on acquiring a native medica. If nothing else seems to drop, Keeper's Choice 1 & 2 have guaranteed medica options to pull.

(edit) Oh and:

KPC_Mammon posted:

Normally I'd say no, because it's good to hold on to all realm synergy items, untill you can easily field a 5-man team with full synergy weapons.

But if I remember correctly, we're not going to get FF3 content for a good while, and it might actually be beneficial for you to have a 6*+ Dagger as a high attack weapon in all realms, that everyone can use. You'll have one less FF3 item, but a bit more options everywhere else

Attestant fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Dec 7, 2016

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Dollar pulls are way more often than not a waste of money for me but I have rear end pulled Bartz and Faris' BSBs back to back before which made it all worth it

And the occasional 'oh holy poo poo' $1 SSBs like Zack/Refia/Arc

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

KPC_Mammon posted:

No, absolutely not. With them, you don't just have synergy weapons for ingus and refia, you have 2 extra synergy weapons for everyone.

Attestant posted:

Normally I'd say no, because it's good to hold on to all realm synergy items, untill you can easily field a 5-man team with full synergy weapons.

But if I remember correctly, we're not going to get FF3 content for a good while, and it might actually be beneficial for you to have a 6*+ Dagger as a high attack weapon in all realms, that everyone can use. You'll have one less FF3 item, but a bit more options everywhere else

The 6*+ non-synergy dagger will be beaten out by a lot of things with synergy, and is generally not worth losing the extra weapon. Also having few future events doesn't change that when those do come around you'll have to pull an extra weapon because you fused one already.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

victrix posted:

If the 100 pulls hadn't poo poo on me for two months straight I'd be happy to pay, I like the game more than most of the other mobile gacha crap I've tried.

If they put in an x fail dollar pulls gets a 5* I'd be in for sure.

I keep doing them like a sucker. Currently I've gotten 2 relics in my last 43 pulls- rockin' that 4.6% rate!

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Schwartzcough posted:

I keep doing them like a sucker. Currently I've gotten 2 relics in my last 43 pulls- rockin' that 4.6% rate!

I owe a lot of great relics to 100 gem pulls, but it's mostly silver disappointment.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Sprite141 posted:

No, absolutely not. With them, you don't just have synergy weapons for ingus and refia, you have 2 extra synergy weapons for everyone.

The 6*+ non-synergy dagger will be beaten out by a lot of things with synergy, and is generally not worth losing the extra weapon. Also having few future events doesn't change that when those do come around you'll have to pull an extra weapon because you fused one already.

Yeah. If it was his spear (which has +wind damage which makes a compelling case for out of realm use) or if you had three of them (for eventual +++), I'd say consider the combine, but given neither of those, a dagger + is generally gonna be outshone by even modest synergy weapons.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Doing instant 50k damage with Lifebane thanks to Zell's BSB is the most :circlefap: thing, hell it's a strong argument to hone the drat thing

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Huh, that was an interesting yet fruitful gently caress up. A Dungeon update just dropped JP side too, but this one isn't a Lucky Draw, just a free Single followed by the usual dollar pull.

I pulled my 3, got a 3*. Tried to pull my dollar but was reminded I was at capacity so I went to the other screen and spent two mythril buying more item space. Went back and in my haste to do the dollar draw I accidentally did a 5 Mythril draw instead.

Yda's BSB popped out, which will go really nicely with her Bootshine T. Strike, Demolish SSB that I picked up a bit back. After that I said gently caress it and actually do the dollar pull for . . . and 3*. Knew I was pushing my luck. :v:

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

This event made me realize my VIII synergy is absolute crap. I still ain't tempted to draw though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

God drat these high level hones and reforges are expensive. Why do the gil dungeons have to share days with all the orbs I need a bunch of :argh:

• Locked thread