Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I have to make an appt with a dermatologist for a weird mole, but I also have to go get a blood test done and I keep forgetting about it until I'm like halfway through breakfast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
I have to buy sausage rolls for the team but i'm a skinflint so i'm thoroughly annoyed.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

I've gotten really anal about keeping my glasses clean, and am trying to do it the right way with sprays and nice cloths instead of just rubbing them between my butt cheeks, and all of this sucks poo poo and is annoying

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Chinaman7000 posted:

I've gotten really anal about keeping my glasses clean, and am trying to do it the right way with sprays and nice cloths instead of just rubbing them between my butt cheeks, and all of this sucks poo poo and is annoying

I just use my t-shirt. There's middle ground you know.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

BioEnchanted posted:

I just use my t-shirt. There's middle ground you know.

If you use fabric softeners on your shirts, they are coated in a little bit of wax (or something, can't remember the details), making it more likely that your shirt will just smear whatever you've got on your glasses rather than wiping it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I have to either use a mouse that has a hundred years of battery life but stutter in games (even in its performance profile) or one that dies if you even look at it but is as smooth as silk.

Logitech 602 vs. G700. They are both terrible.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

After 13 stoic and reliable years, surviving in a climate where the air temperature reaches -40 (f or c, they're the same) yearly, I've had to replace the battery in my vehicle. I wanted to give it a proper Viking burial, but my dad took it in for a $10 credit.

Rip in peace you unstoppable lead beast.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Semi-detached house...next door neighbours are drilling...drilling...drilling...for weeks, every day except Sunday, starting at 7am and on and off until 6pm. Going stir crazy.

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006
all the better to glomp you with
I just bought a new car, but it doesn't have blind spot monitoring, assisted braking, or adaptive cruise control. I also want to tune the ECU, but that'll void parts of the warranty.

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy
Thanks to this goddamn subforum, I've had 'Baby, it's cold outside' stuck in my head for the last 12 hours

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Inzombiac posted:

I have to either use a mouse that has a hundred years of battery life but stutter in games (even in its performance profile) or one that dies if you even look at it but is as smooth as silk.

My G602 doesn't stutter at all, have you tried the obvious stuff like different USB ports/moving the receiver for better reception?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Inzombiac posted:

The G700s is the most incredible mouse I've ever used and also has the worst battery.

Like, what the hell Logitech?

Why can't I have a kickass mouse with half a dozen easily programmable buttons and a recharging dock like the great MX series?

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

In a follow up to drilling nightmare, I had to do a video interview today. I went round to try and to politely ask them to just do something else for 30 minutes, but they all spoke Romanian and shrugged at me. So inevitably there's the constant drilling drone going on in my interview. When they look back on why I went on my axe murdering spree, they can point to these posts as justification.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

kreyla posted:

I am having this exact problem. And now drugstore.com is closed, so I can't get their house-brand lotion that worked so well. Time to spend all the money trying lotions which might make my hand-leprosy worse!

I hope you find something that works for you!! mine really comes and goes so I have no idea what helps anymore.

Beastie posted:

My mom had the same problem until she bought those overnight moisturizing gloves. They are like $15 on Amazon, give them a shot.

my husband got me a pair of aloe-infused gloves from his work (they work okay, but they're really fluffy and weird) and I took them off in my sleep and they ended up near his face. :v: I need to get some of the cotton gloves instead.

e:

Jeza posted:

Semi-detached house...next door neighbours are drilling...drilling...drilling...for weeks, every day except Sunday, starting at 7am and on and off until 6pm. Going stir crazy.

whhhyyyyyyyyyyyy

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Aphrodite posted:

My G602 doesn't stutter at all, have you tried the obvious stuff like different USB ports/moving the receiver for better reception?

I have. I've tried everything. Even taking off the glass top of my desk. Nothing works. It was fine for a couple months and now I can't play anything with it.

With better batteries in my keyboard, I just treat the 700 as a wired mouse and swap the cable at night.

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
I am super bored at work and I still have an hour to go

I might just wrap it up from home but I literally have nothing to do

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Since I have tomorrow off, I decided to have a shouldn't-but-gently caress-it second dinner to ensure that the booze I had wouldn't gently caress me up.

It basically succeeded, except that I'm just toasty enough that, despite eating, I desperately want some McDonald's chicken tenders and fries.

I'm not even drunk, I just want some damned mcnuggets that, rationally, I shouldn't eat.

later edit: and of course, I got someone else's order.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 06:20 on Dec 8, 2016

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
I'm sad :confused:

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

Fallen Rib

How can you be sad as one of the few educated people in Mexico?

Sorryformybadjokes has a new favorite as of 07:18 on Dec 8, 2016

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
My insomnia has been acting up something fierce lately. To make things worse a recent doctor visit pointed out that my earwax is building up like crazy again. I've been dealing with that but now it seems to have gunked up my left ear canal badly enough that I can't hear well out of it and I also have an earache.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I only want to play FFXV but I drank with my dad and now I'm too drunk to play FFXV without being awful at combat or bored of waiting for the regalia to autodrive where I need to go

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I got a good Nikon camera for free but it's so slow. I'm used to Canon which takes pics immediately but the Nikon has a HUGE delay. I have a Canon but it's worse than the Nikon in terms of pixels but the delay on the Nikon is... ugh. Also everything is the exact opposite, like to change the lens it's to the left where on a Canon it's change lens to the right. To zoom in it's to the right, not the left. Even the power button is the other way.

I won't play the new Final Fantasy because I can't play as a woman. I don't care for j-rock or j-pop guys.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 18:36 on Dec 8, 2016

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Thin Privilege posted:

I got a good Nikon camera for free but it's so slow. I'm used to Canon which takes pics immediately but the Nikon has a HUGE delay. I have a Canon but it's worse than the Nikon in terms of pixels but the delay on the Nikon is... ugh. Also everything is the exact opposite, like to change the lens it's to the left where on a Canon it's change lens to the right. Even the power button is the other way.

I won't play the new Final Fantasy because I can't play as a woman. I don't care for j-rock or j-pop guys.

Some camera nerds on the forum can probably point you in the right direction. Most cameras have lots of discretionary options to change how fast it will take a shot. Obviously it depends on what exactly the delay is and what's causing it.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Jeza posted:

Some camera nerds on the forum can probably point you in the right direction. Most cameras have lots of discretionary options to change how fast it will take a shot. Obviously it depends on what exactly the delay is and what's causing it.

One part of it is the autofocus which is really bad, but even changing to manual focus it's still weird and slow.

Where are said camera nerds?

E: I'm so used to Canon which works right out of the box. Wish I had a fancy Canon :(

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 18:43 on Dec 8, 2016

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Thin Privilege posted:

One part of it is the autofocus which is really bad, but even changing to manual focus it's still weird and slow.

Where are said camera nerds?

E: I'm so used to Canon which works right out of the box. Wish I had a fancy Canon :(

The Dorkroom is the photography sub-forum of Creative Convention. I'm sure somebody there will know.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Jeza posted:

The Dorkroom is the photography sub-forum of Creative Convention. I'm sure somebody there will know.

Cool! I may post there once I am done taking pics, I pulled out my 8 year old Canon and it's working fantastically, unfortunately its pics are tiny even though they're CR2s. Bleh.

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy
IT is trying to install some software on my computer, but obviously it's totally not working, so I just have to sit here doing nothing while he works away at it. Normally this would be awesome, but I have so much poo poo I need to do!

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

Fallen Rib
google the error he is getting and do his job for him

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy

Jeff Sichoe posted:

google the error he is getting and do his job for him

Wouldn't be the first time.

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
My pms is strong today

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Sweet As Sin posted:

My pms is strong today

I'm drunk and just want to sleep but my best friend wants to hang out!
Ugh!

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

My favorite new web series Touch the Skyrim seems to be abandoned for either technical issues or lack of interest

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I'm so upset about my TV dinner that I made a GBS post about it.

Seagull Fiasco
Jul 25, 2011

Facebook's newsfeed algorithm is utterly broken, it only shows me posts from 1) people who I have not interacted with in a meaningful way in 5+ years that 2) share and write posts written in alphabets I cannot read. Oh, and also all of the posts by my former co-worker who only shares minion memes and passive aggressive "Like this post to show that you are my true friend" status updates. Social media sucks.

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Came here to bark at you

I want to go see Moana but it's 2 degrees F outside and there's snow all over my car.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Pikestaff posted:

I want to go see Moana but it's 2 degrees F outside and there's snow all over my car.

It gets cold in places other than the first world, hth

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

I bought a small sandwich thinking I wasn't that hungry. But now its gone and I really wish I had bought the large one.

Tofu Terry
Oct 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I had a tiny nervous breakdown looking at all the hours work scheduled me for and then my girlfriend had a panic attack over the phone and I talked her down. Then my dad had to be hospitalized for another pancreatic attack.

I ended up just calling in today but at least I have a job now. :toot:

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

thecluckmeme posted:

My favorite new web series Touch the Skyrim seems to be abandoned for either technical issues or lack of interest

The two episodes they made were by far the best stuff I've ever watched on youtube.

Content: Wiping your rear end and the toilet paper rips so you get poo poo on your fingers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Barely qualifies as a problem (and isn't lovely enough for the made-your-day-lovely thread), so whatever:

One of the major exant arcades (which I live near), the Galloping Ghost, is increasing its all-day fee from 15 bucks to 20 bucks. It's going to a good cause - increasing the amount of games and space (which it desperately needs, they tried and failed to kickstart funds to displace the two nearby shops a while ago) the place has. Plus, it's only five bucks.

The :smith: of it comes down to the fact that there's already a bunch of reasons why I don't bother going there very often (there's not much in the way of parking, it's loud, its cramped, you can't bring in random food to nosh on, a lot of the games become a chore when you're no long limited by coins, a lot of older games have lovely screens, debating how long I'm going to want to stay versus the price, etc), and even that totally-slight, totally-justified increase just adds to the reasons why I don't visit as often as I'd otherwise like.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 03:08 on Dec 10, 2016