Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Blow was in that and while he's a bit of a wanker I really, really like his games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
With Phil Fish, I think he's a very talented and clever game designer and I don't really care that he's a dick, though it's annoying that his dickishness and and people's other hatred of him because of it seems to have effected his desire to make games (though he did that VR thing recently).

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

phil fish's big problem is that he can't let stuff go on twitter which is like the biggest life skill you could ever learn in these times.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Indie Game: The Movie has achievements on Steam.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Phil Fish would have been way better off if he hadn't become the poster child for indie games. It both made him more of a target and stroked his ego to a level that probably wasn't good for him personally and the end result was putting a guy who would have done way better on the sidelines right into the spotlight and made him the target for everyone eager to take a potshot at an easy target AND gave him enough self-importance he wasn't willing to just disengage.

It's sad because if he were just a modestly successful indie developer he'd probably be a lot happier.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Totally unrelated to the current discussion, I just learned about Bonesaw being banned from running at AGDQ/SGDQ next year and man, that kind of sucks. He was super entertaining. He probably shouldn't have encouraged the viewers to spam Air Canada on Twitter, though.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Been mulling over the various analysis of the Death Stranding trailer. I'm getting a real 'A Colder War' vibe from the setting. Like, don't gently caress around with ancient entities to create advanced sciences.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Totally unrelated to the current discussion, I just learned about Bonesaw being banned from running at AGDQ/SGDQ next year and man, that kind of sucks. He was super entertaining. He probably shouldn't have encouraged the viewers to spam Air Canada on Twitter, though.

I thought you were talking about the indie game for a second but this is kind of a bummer too

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Nasgate posted:

There's a documentary i think called 1up that follows him, the super meat boy guys, and some pretentious french canadian dev. The fez dev was hilariously childish. I recommend watching it.
Blow was the worst because he didn't like that people "enjoyed" Braid. They "didn't get it"

also I finished Earthlock, aka I got to the final boss and couldn't defeat it

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Quest For Glory II posted:

Blow was the worst because he didn't like that people "enjoyed" Braid. They "didn't get it"

also I finished Earthlock, aka I got to the final boss and couldn't defeat it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSXofLK5hFQ

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I seriously doubt anyone is ever banned from GDQ, their run is just not accepted over other better ones and they then go to whine about it online. I dont even think the jon benet ramsey shirt wearing dude got banned

The speedrunning community is cool but all of the drama is the most childish made up trash

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think the guy who spent the duration of his hour long crash bandicoot run joking about suicide was asked to leave because of that. But who cares about GDQ these days, it's too corporate

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

That guy will probably eventually be allowed to come back just to attend but probably not to run. I doubt he would want to anyway, after the fallout

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

That guy will probably eventually be allowed to come back just to attend but probably not to run. I doubt he would want to anyway, after the fallout

That's what I said. He was banned from running for the next year, not attending.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
He must wear the full-body Crash Bandicoot suit and sit in the corner of the room.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I'm applying to SGDQ 2017 with my latest Max Payne 3 record video! :)

I'm going to have to remember not to curse too much while recording the commentary for the application because people who have watched my videos/streams know I am an extreme pottymouth lol

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
You could maybe request a late night block, I think they're less picky then

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

grieving for Gandalf posted:

yo if you still talk to disgruntledferret tell him I thought his webcomic was good

That was his name! I haven't even visited bng in a decade, let alone talked to anyone from there. Except people who went from bng to become goons.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

That's what I said. He was banned from running for the next year, not attending.
Now is that GDQ saying that, or is that Bonesaw seeing that his run did not get in and making a bad assumption

Bonesaw's run was funny last year but I don't think they can either top it or repeat it. the novelty of that disasterpiece would quickly turn on its heel. maybe in a year he can bring his A game and still be funny

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

CJacobs posted:

I'm applying to SGDQ 2017 with my latest Max Payne 3 record video! :)

I'm going to have to remember not to curse too much while recording the commentary for the application because people who have watched my videos/streams know I am an extreme pottymouth lol

Isn't that game just filled with swears and violence anyway?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Phantasium posted:

Isn't that game just filled with swears and violence anyway?

It sure is! But I guess it's the difference between the game being the game, and the runner being the "face" of GDQ while they're in the hot seat. The game doesn't represent GDQ at any point, but while I'm the person playing it, I do.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Alright got a bit into Bloodborne- getting used to the way everything controls and the presence of A Gun. Have only thus far encountered the Punkass Fake Hunter guys roaming around and hiding behind crates like jerks

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

The fun thing about enjoying Blow's games is knowing that if he knew, he'd be pissed about it. Sorry guy, you made some cool fun games and I'm going to enjoy them just to spite you.

Fish is a dick but the soundtrack for Fez is in my top 3. He did a really good job incorporating it into the game too.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Now is that GDQ saying that, or is that Bonesaw seeing that his run did not get in and making a bad assumption

Bonesaw's run was funny last year but I don't think they can either top it or repeat it. the novelty of that disasterpiece would quickly turn on its heel. maybe in a year he can bring his A game and still be funny

Bonesaw577 posted:

Some people have been hitting up my DMs asking me what I'm submitting for AGDQ. Though I don't mind the occasional mail concerning what my speedrun plans are for future GDQ events, I feel you all have a right to know that due to some of the things that happened/were said/done at SGDQ 2016, I have been barred from submitting games to both AGDQ and SGDQ 2017 (submissions on my part will be allowed again in 2018).
Though this was a decision made by GDQ staff, I don't blame anybody at GDQ for my performance or for the decision at hand and neither should anyone else (anyone looking to brandish their pitchforks and torches should not do so). I'm not going to comment further on the subject. I fully respect the decision. Though I cannot submit games to the events, I can still attend the event/do commentary/and all that jazz. Though I cannot play, I haven't written off attending future GDQ events, so maybe I'll go to another in the future. Just felt like those who were concerned have a right to know. Sorry about the unfortunate situation. Thanks for understanding! ^^

This is what he said about it. Make what you will of it. Maybe your assumption is right, but I have no reason to believe he's lying.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I'll believe him on this one since he's fine with the decision. It's the runners who try to rally people on twitter like bigjon or whatever that make me roll my eyes

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

That's fair. People on the internet like to stir up all kinds of bullshit when things don't go their way.

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
AGDQ is worse than Disney when it comes to rounding off edges until there's nothing interesting left.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/serkantoto/status/806396348396408832

Namely, Sony are bringing PaRappa the Rapper, Everybody's Golf and other games to the mobile.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

What'd bonesaw do???

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Lizard Wizard posted:

What'd bonesaw do???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RylQGkoZpSE

I guess the run got too rowdy. I think it was at like 2 AM. He and the couch kept making jokes about actors after being told not to, a couple times during the run he muttered swears. It was a fun run, and the audience messing with him by clapping was great. The stuff I quoted above was a pastebin he linked on his Twitter (because it was too long). Oh, he also told people to tweet at Air Canada, probably without realizing just how many people watching were stupid enough to spam them.

e: Actually it was at 11PM.

Olive! fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Dec 7, 2016

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Rexroom posted:

https://twitter.com/serkantoto/status/806396348396408832

Namely, Sony are bringing PaRappa the Rapper, Everybody's Golf and other games to the mobile.
gently caress, I can't wait, this is awesome.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RylQGkoZpSE

I guess the run got too rowdy. I think it was at like 2 AM. He and the couch kept making jokes about actors after being told not to, a couple times during the run he muttered swears. It was a fun run, and the audience messing with him by clapping was great. The stuff I quoted above was a pastebin he linked on his Twitter (because it was too long). Oh, he also told people to tweet at Air Canada, probably without realizing just how many people watching were stupid enough to spam them.

e: Actually it was at 11PM.

lol are you loving kidding me, that jak and daxter run is one of the best agdq runs of all time and they banned him from running for that? Christ uyama, the gently caress is wrong with you. Slap him on the wrist and tell him not to tell people to tweet at x, and be done with it.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Last I heard Uyama hasn't even been heard from in 2 years.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Then whoever is running the show is a fun-hating shitlord

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Lizard Wizard posted:

What'd bonesaw do???

I heard he got his rear end kicked by some nerd wearing a red ski-mask.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Me in The Witness: i *like* this. i enjoy lines, they rock actually
Blow [exasperated]: this guy is owning me! this guy is owning all of jonathan blow!!

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

oddium posted:

Blow [exasperated]

If you insist...

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

oddium posted:

Me in The Witness: i *like* this. i enjoy lines, they rock actually
Blow [exasperated]: this guy is owning me! this guy is owning all of jonathan blow!!
Myriad cocaine metaphors in this post.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

the format of agdq is very awkward to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I couldn't finish The Witness, some of the puzzle gimmicks were way too obtuse for me.

• Locked thread