Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The best is Hot Toys Old Man Solo and FigureArts ANH Solo. Speaking of, Chewie, Anakin from Ep2 and Padme were revealed in the last week.

Anakin is pretty final AFAIK but Padme, Kylo, Solo, Obi Wan and Finn are still in progress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Vintersorg posted:

The best is Hot Toys Old Man Solo and FigureArts ANH Solo. Speaking of, Chewie, Anakin from Ep2 and Padme were revealed in the last week.

Anakin is pretty final AFAIK but Padme, Kylo, Solo, Obi Wan and Finn are still in progress.

I was just about to post this. I've had that ANH Han pre-ordered for months, can't wait. Looks like I can stop searching for a Black Series Kenobi too, that fig is pretty great looking so far. Even the Natalie Portman likeness is good.

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

I'd go for the Obi Wan if you don't have the Black Series one yet, but that head sculpt is really off.

Edit: Not that the Black Series one looks any good to begin with.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I was just about to post this. I've had that ANH Han pre-ordered for months, can't wait. Looks like I can stop searching for a Black Series Kenobi too, that fig is pretty great looking so far. Even the Natalie Portman likeness is good.

I don't see Natalie Portman at all in that one.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Aphrodite posted:

I don't see Natalie Portman at all in that one.

Maybe it's just the angle, but the likeness is pretty solid in this pic. For reference:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah it looks better at that angle.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Speaking of Star Wars Figuarts, what's with the pricing? You can preorder ANH Han for ~$55, you can buy ANH Luke for ~$50, but ROTJ Luke is $80+ at every single store. Is that MSRP?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nope, MSRP was 5500, about $50.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Sucks that the Figuarts Vader is not up to par when the MAFEX Vader exists. Thankfully they're the same scale so you can do cool scenes.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Amazon Deal of the Day is on Marvel Products, including a few random Legends figures. Mostly pegwarmers but even some more uncommon ones at 6 to 10 dollars.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Rirse posted:

Amazon Deal of the Day is on Marvel Products, including a few random Legends figures. Mostly pegwarmers but even some more uncommon ones at 6 to 10 dollars.

If nothing else, buy the 3.75 inch Ant-Man that comes with a miniscule Ant-Man.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Speaking of Star Wars Figuarts, what's with the pricing? You can preorder ANH Han for ~$55, you can buy ANH Luke for ~$50, but ROTJ Luke is $80+ at every single store. Is that MSRP?

Speaking of SHF Luke, I really wish I had jumped on and ordered him when they offered him (and his re-release) because I'd pay $50, but not the $80 he goes for now.

Here's hoping for a re-re-release.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Got Ms Marvel and Shocker in the mail today. But when I went to Gamestop to return something, I saw this there behind the counter!

https://twitter.com/Rirse/status/806286202877919232

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.
How would you say it is in terms of quality and articulation?

I'm still waiting on that case to ship to me from Dorkside.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Revan is pretty great in terms of paint and articulation for me. Can't take the hood off, as it glue on, but that alright. So glad to find Revan since they were the only one I had no luck pre-ordering on Amazon a few months ago. Ms Marvel is pretty amazing looking, but her stretchy arms are single pieces, which is a bit lame, so they don't move outside of the arm joint. Shocker is pretty great, and my doesn't seem to have the eye issue some people have with him.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I don't really understand the Shocker eye issue, it's clear they were going for goofy Shocker akin to Deadpool's goofy eye.

I saw a whole set at Wal-Mart today and opted for only Ms. Marvel myself. Have Sandman's torso for $13 shipped if anybody wants it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I got the Threezero T-45 armor set in today. This thing is really cool, but I didn't get the exclusive so I think I need to hit ebay for a minigun.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Only one more character left and the Superior Foes of Spider-Man are complete. :toot:

I honestly doubt Overdrive is goig to get a figure.

https://twitter.com/Rirse/status/806309624601251841

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
Anyone need any Abomination parts? I have the head and right arm

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I'm the jizz

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

The jizz is literally the best accessory this year.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They really didn't think that one through.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
The only bumming thing about the Ms Marvel figure is the lack of embiggen legs to go with the arms.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002
I'd love to get my daughter a Ms. Marvel but it's ridiculous to have to pay out the nose or have to camp out at stores. I can't believe in the 20 years I've been collecting toys people haven't figure out how to get enough product out there where I can buy it.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Man, might have to get that Shocker, he looks awesome.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

I'd love to get my daughter a Ms. Marvel but it's ridiculous to have to pay out the nose or have to camp out at stores. I can't believe in the 20 years I've been collecting toys people haven't figure out how to get enough product out there where I can buy it.

The wave is brand new, she'll be plentiful soon.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Are people seeing ML Falcon all over the place yet?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

Are people seeing ML Falcon all over the place yet?

Which Falcon? You mean the CW Walmart exclusive version?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Rhyno posted:

Which Falcon? You mean the CW Walmart exclusive version?

Yeah, the one I saw once, forgot to actually pick up and regretted it later.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Case packouts are still wonky and most retail chains have a crazy amount of old inventory rotting on the pegs so they order fewer and fewer cases of waves through the year. It doesn't help that toy lines like Legends are a scalper's paradise and the only way for Hasbro to release more of a specific character is with full cases of the character or redistributing their packout in a case.

I'll keep an eye out for one for you, I get pretty lucky with finding the harder to get figures before others.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

Yeah, the one I saw once, forgot to actually pick up and regretted it later.

I know a guy locally who has a spare, would you want me to see if I can get it for you?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Toys aren't for children, get the gently caress outta here with that poo poo. :rodimus:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I'm expecting that GG to be the hardest to find one from this wave... It's finally a GG that's awesome and worth having.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Green Goblin shouldn't be THAT bad because the Toy Biz one the 4H sculpted is still really good. Shocker and Ms. Marvel are the absolute must-haves and likely hardest to find in the wave.

As far as case ratios, making symbiote Spider-Man the 2 per case was the correct call.

Also, if you want a new head for Pizza Spidey, the Spider-UK is pretty good --

https://twitter.com/Preternia_/status/806331031796273152

Caesarian Sectarian fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Dec 7, 2016

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
drat I should've grabbed Shocker and GG for others here, they're cool figures. Oh well.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

Green Goblin shouldn't be THAT bad because the Toy Biz one the 4H sculpted is still really good. Shocker and Ms. Marvel are the absolute must-haves and likely hardest to find in the wave.

As far as case ratios, making symbiote Spider-Man the 2 per case was the correct call.

Also, if you want a new head for Pizza Spidey, the Spider-UK is pretty good --

https://twitter.com/Preternia_/status/806331031796273152

Pizza Spidey has just about the perfect head already, though, in my opinion. I'm kinda bummed that the Symbiote has the MacFarlane eyes, honestly, they always kinda annoyed me with how un-expressive they were in the comic panels because they take up most of his face (even if "realistically" they'd be more practical).

That and I'm sad he doesn't come with thwip hands since Spidey actually wore the black suit sans symbiote for far longer than he actually had the symbiote, and when he did he used his regular old web shooters so it would have been nice to have the option.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Found Revan at my local Gamestop this morning. Incredibly happy I didnt have to go through a scalper.

Daaku Shinsei
Feb 26, 2003

Wait, what is the "current" ML BAF wave? I just now am seeing Space Knight Venom, here. Stupid Oklahoma, always so slow to get things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Daaku Shinsei posted:

Wait, what is the "current" ML BAF wave? I just now am seeing Space Knight Venom, here. Stupid Oklahoma, always so slow to get things

http://marveltoynews.com/2017-marvel-legends-spider-man-sandman-series-packaged-photo/