Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Note Block posted:

I wonder what the hot new poke currency will become when the bank goes live?

All the legendaries that were bought up before the castform bubble burst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Junpei Hyde posted:

All the legendaries that were bought up before the castform bubble burst.

Considering one form of Castform is literally a bubble, this image amuse me. Fanartists?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Man I'm starting to get pretty tired of getting Quick Ball Abras through wonder trade. If you're putting in the effort to breed competitive pokémon, at least have the decency to put them in a decent ball!

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Man I'm starting to get pretty tired of getting Quick Ball Abras through wonder trade. If you're putting in the effort to breed competitive pokémon, at least have the decency to put them in a decent ball!

I'm going to send everything out in standard poke balls now just to spite you.

Ball caring is the weirdest thing. Y'all weird!!!!

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

AlphaKretin posted:

Considering one form of Castform is literally a bubble, this image amuse me. Fanartists?

Didnt know you had an inflation fetish

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
what's the best balls?

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

what's the best balls?

Premier

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

One that matches the pokemon in some way.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Tired Moritz posted:

what's the best balls?

Standard poké balls are good. Great and Ultra are okay. Premier and Luxury the standard nice balls, and go with anything. Johto balls are good and if you care enough to catch something in one, odds are it'll look solid. Hoenn balls, too, since they tend to go with the pokémon they're good at catching. A whole lot of goons swear by beast balls and they're swank, but kind of all-or-nothing.

Really, it's just Sinnoh balls that are ugly as sin. Nobody would use them if they didn't have super high catch rates.

Zulily Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Dec 7, 2016

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:

Tired Moritz posted:

what's the best balls?
Heal balls

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Do you only get one Nihilego?
Also, do eggs hatch quicker in sauna island if I put beans in the crate?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Yes

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Dusk balls are so good but look like rear end

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I've been keeping everything I got in wonder trades thus far but I've reached a point where I'm going to regift those Abras once I get something with Pokerus.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Crumbletron posted:

This is the opinion of someone who doesn't have enough ghost and dark types

A shameful trainer.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Crumbletron posted:

The particles are great, the neon green dots on black look terrible.

Also we need more purple Pokéballs, get on it GameFreak.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Tardigrade posted:

Apparently the Ultra Beasts have significant size disparity.

Celesteela weighs in at over 2.2 tons. Kartana isn't even half a pound :regd09:

Too bad for it there isn't a move that does more damage the less you weigh. Then it would be one step closer to being disgustingly broken too.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Tired Moritz posted:

what's the best balls?

l u x u r y

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

The Japanese Battlespot Meta seems very different. Three JP players I've played this morning were using Skydropping Koko and Lele lead

Also seems like a lot of love for Porygon

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Sockser posted:

This is the opinion of someone who doesn't have enough ghost and dark types

A shameful trainer.

My favourite Pokemon is Banette v:shobon:v

I just don't like the gradient and would prefer my ghosts in moon balls or luxury balls

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Waffles Inc. posted:

The Japanese Battlespot Meta seems very different. Three JP players I've played this morning were using Skydropping Koko and Lele lead

Z-Conversion is pretty good.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Internet Kraken posted:

Celesteela weighs in at over 2.2 tons. Kartana isn't even half a pound :regd09:

Too bad for it there isn't a move that does more damage the less you weigh. Then it would be one step closer to being disgustingly broken too.
1 foot and 0.2 pounds, tied for one of the lightest Pokémon with Gastly and the like. Also it can easily cleave steel towers in two.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Pakled posted:

The porygon that's getting love right now is Porygon 2 with eviolite. There's basically only one knockoff user in the meta so its a lot easier to run it right now.

notoriousman posted:

1 foot and 0.2 pounds, tied for one of the lightest Pokémon with Gastly and the like. Also it can easily cleave steel towers in two.

Hundred times folded UB steel

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Waffles Inc. posted:

It's not different, skydrop is specifically anti meta is all. It basically is a free protect since Koko is the 2nd fastest thing in the meta, none of its threats outspeed it.

Pory2 is currently the most reliable trick roomer, standard to all regions

Ice_Mallet
Feb 22, 2011

Pakled posted:

Do people use Z-Conversion to alter Porygon-Z's type too or just for the all-stats boost?

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Emalde posted:

It's not different, skydrop is specifically anti meta is all. It basically is a free protect since Koko is the 2nd fastest thing in the meta, none of its threats outspeed it.

Pory2 is currently the most reliable trick roomer, standard to all regions

Ok well let me amend my statement

Three Japanese players I played this morning used Skydrop Koko, which I have not seen a non Kanji-named player use, ever. And given my experience with other gaming communities (like the FGC for one), it seems to follow that different regions tend to have different orthodoxies, so my initial assumption was that it was "trending" in the JP Pokemon community.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
You know, now that we finally have a game where you see trainers next to Pokemon, and actual adult trainers, I've realized that most Pokemon, even ones that appear to be big, are actually pretty tiny. Like Treverant and Tyranitar for instance. Which, you know, makes sense, given that they're called Pocket Monsters.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Gammatron 64 posted:

You know, now that we finally have a game where you see trainers next to Pokemon, and actual adult trainers, I've realized that most Pokemon, even ones that appear to be big, are actually pretty tiny. Like Treverant and Tyranitar for instance. Which, you know, makes sense, given that they're called Pocket Monsters.

Slowpokes in the overworld look so loving tiny.

Personally, I just disregard all evidence to the contrary and imagine pokemon at whatever size I think is most appropriate. :colbert:

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Well I found something fun to do at some point. Infinite Mimikyu chains.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/5h0c2g/shiny_mimikyu_foolproof_method_4_and_counting/

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

McDragon posted:

Well I found something fun to do at some point. Infinite Mimikyu chains.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/5h0c2g/shiny_mimikyu_foolproof_method_4_and_counting/

I used Recycle to SOS chain Smeargle today I'm glad there's another use for this tactic (it works for Ditto as well).

Lazerbeam
Feb 4, 2011

Gammatron 64 posted:

Wailmer/Wailord at the very least are not to scale

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Tired Moritz posted:

what's the best balls?

level, dream, love, moon for shinx, friend for a few

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Tardigrade posted:

Apparently the Ultra Beasts have significant size disparity.

Yeah, I remember doing a double-take when I realized Celesteela is so huge.

Also, Pokémon Stars needs to have a system where you can switch up your Ride Pokémon. Let me fly my giant bamboo rocket across the islands at incredibly hazardous speeds, dammit.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Gammatron 64 posted:

none of them are to scale, which sucks i want my giant wailords

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

No one's training the abras though, they're breeding them to get all the good synchonize natures so they can go catch dittos with that nature to THEN breed pokemon/catch legendaries.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
sorry, I'm an abrabro. Better than the birds and the weasels, right?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm starting to think 100,000,000 Pokemon might have been a bit too large a goal.

EDIT: autocorrect is so funky

Shinjobi fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Dec 7, 2016

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I think I've only caught like 4 pokemon the entire time

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

I'm starting to think 100,000,000 Pokémon might have been a bit too large a goal.

It felt like they should have started it earlier when they game had just came out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Why on earth did they make it anything other than something incredibly easy to hit?