Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Nooner posted:

Being autistic is not actually a mental illness, but being autistic and it affecting your life in a huge way, to the point where you can't cope is.

DSM-5 posted:

For a person to be diagnosed with gender dysphoria, there must be a marked difference between the individual’s expressed/experienced gender and the gender others would assign him or her, and it must continue for at least six months. In children, the desire to be of the other gender must be present and verbalized. This condition causes clinically significant distress or impairment in social, occupational, or other important areas of functioning.

Words mean things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Nooner posted:

I'm pretty sure it is medically defined as a mental illness

so are your bad posts lol

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Drunk Nerds posted:

Straight & Fabulous, AMA

I'm pretty fabulous as well and I am often mistaken for a gay man by other gay men. This is compounded by the fact that I feel comfortable around them and I am very friendly to my fellow human beings. Also by the fact that sometimes when I'm really drunk I tell people I'm gay when other guys are annoying me with their sexual insecurities.

At times this has been a serious problem as over the course of my life I have accrued several gay crushes and one straight up gay stalker who texted me nightly for months despite never getting a response.

Sometimes I actually really wished I were gay. I like the way they party, I envy them being a "part" of a subculture and I also realize how goddamn easy it would be to get some manpoon at any hour of the day or night.

However, being reasonably handsome, dressing decently, and no being bothered by spending time with gay people is just the tip of the iceberg.

I've had friends who had lisps, high soft voices, a penchant for extremely "gay-seeming" hand movements, and a loose, swaying walk that absolutely screams gay.

Some of these friends actually were gay and had presumably adopted these affectations as a symbol of identity. Some of them weren't at all and their big cross to bear was every single person they meet instantly assuming that they're gay. I remember one of these friends in college asking me how he could change this and I told him don't bother, it'll be obvious if you try to impersonate more masculine people. Just go with the flow, when someone asks you tell them you're not gay and laugh at their disbelief, and don't give a gently caress about what anyone thinks because there would be nothing wrong with it if you were gay.

Plus, I told him he could probably parlay the entire thing into sleeping with a lot of girls.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Improbable Lobster posted:

so are your bad posts lol

lol, jeeze walked right into that one

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo
You're transhetero. A straight man trapped in a gay man's body.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Let's get back to boat talk. I'm an accountant and all my bosses/directors have boats. Our VP once bought two boats at once because why the gently caress not.

Its like they all live for the one day off from working nonstop so they can go drive their boat and go to some lovely restaurant on the lake or something.

So what I'm saying goons is - will a 25 footer be enough for me to move up on corporate America?

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Boats are stupid, just get a mistress and pay some of her rent.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

hosed-Up Little Dog posted:

You're transhetero. A straight man trapped in a gay man's body.

holy poo poo man.... holy.... poo poo.

I've always heard it explained to me as being a lesbian trapped in a man's body but that notion seems ridiculous and childish next to this enormous wad of unrefined truth. And I always wondered why the guys who had crushed couldn't seem to accept that I wasn't really at all gay and never had been... their sixth sense (the gay one) told them otherwise.

Glenn Quebec posted:

Boats are stupid, just get a mistress and pay some of her rent.

Yes boats are so so stupid. Unless you are literally a fisherman or you live on the water.

For some reason my semi-redneck cousins have a new boat or a a new RV or SOME new piece of recreational equipment every time I see them. Their lives then begin to revolve around the upkeep and maintenance of these horrible albatrosses. They are nothing but a source of anxiety all year and even if/when they do get them out to the nearest lovely lake, the anxiety only increases that something bad will happen to it.

Meanwhile, it just sits in the backyard somewhere all year, depreciating in value by the second, spontaneously generating mechanical issues that won't be discovered until its much too late. And boats just get shittier constantly, it is futile to fight against the devaluation and slow destruction of them.

I've always wondered why people are always trying to add so much stress and confusion to their lives without good reason. Sometimes I fight with my girlfriend about this. For me, if something isn't useful on the daily then it's a waste of time and money that will probably end up being a huge problem once you inevitably have to get rid of it.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

I would kill all of you to own a sailboat, but only if I can put it on the ocean and sail all over the world.

Then again I would kill all of you for a nice sandwich or maybe a backrub.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

I would kill all of you to own a sailboat, but only if I can put it on the ocean and sail all over the world.

Woah woah woah put down the guns and lets talk this out

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/boats-marine/yachts/keeler/auction-1213511597.htm

Got $10,000 USD?

do a course so you don't die

http://www.maritimenz.govt.nz/recreational/courses/

sail around NZ and the pacific (before the chinese take over) and ya only need like $15,000 USD for the first year and maybe 10k per year after that.

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

REACH HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE BABY
Gay hockey goon and the dog shooter could be a pretty good romcom if you think about it. Just make the dog shooter gay, too. Not like this poo poo is real.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Rush Limbo posted:

Words mean things

Well, some mommy bloggers, stay-at-home Facebookers, etc. still loudly proclaim their kid has assburgers even though it was removed like 3.5 years ago when the DSM-5 was published so it wouldn't surprise me if random goon refused to believe it's a mental disorder.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

Eikre posted:

The only practical difference between "transgendered people have a problem where they're born in the wrong body" and "well ACTUALLY transgendered people have a mental illness where the right body for them isn't the one they were born into" is that even though you recognize that transitioning is the best choice which creates the greatest good, you still have the arbitrary desire to characterize that choice with stigma and weakness.

Basically, you have enough moral intuition that your standpoint is congruent with the correct one, but you take special care to articulate your standpoint using implicit pejoratives and a negative tone because justifying at least a little bit of hate towards trans people is important to you.

Hope this helps.

my favorite part is where you're trying really hard to be positive and progressive and ~rightthink~ but also seem to think that mental illness should be stigmatized to the point where it's a pejorative.

Hope this helps.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Jeff Sichoe posted:

ok ok ok I already think of trans people 7 hours a night in bed in a fever dream of lust so lets snap this thread back to reality until the op gets out of the naughty corner

http://www.confessions.net/

Am i a bad person?
I met this guy a few years ago, online. he wa amazing to talk to and i found myself falling in love with him. the problem is that i finally met in person him a few months after we met, and i found out his looks were not as amazing as his personality. i'm ashamed to say that i can't even go anywhere in public with him because i'm pretty good looking and i think being with him makes me look bad.

No. If you're not physically attracted to someone it's just as important as if you're not mentally attracted to them. You can try to "power" through it, but you'll just prolong the inevitable. You have a new awesome friend. Move on.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Solice Kirsk posted:

No. If you're not physically attracted to someone it's just as important as if you're not mentally attracted to them. You can try to "power" through it, but you'll just prolong the inevitable. You have a new awesome friend. Move on.

Yeah there's no possibility of recovery here. Something I learned is that the first time I EVER start to think "you know maybe this relationship isn't as great as I thought it was at first" the entire thing is essentially over. If it isn't ended civilly it will end in a spiral of regret and recrimination. You cannot force yourself to be attracted to someone (which kind of sucks now that I think about it)

quote:

Can't stop thinking about her
There's a girl I talk to, I cant stop thinking about her. I think about her all day and dream about her most nights. When I think about her I get an adrenaline rush, so I have a constant adrenaline rush all day. The other day I was talking to her and this put me in such a good mood I was happy all day. I think she likes me sometimes when I look up in class she's staring at me, she wants to hang around with me alot. I want nothing more than to be with her. I've liked girls before but nothing like this. Am I in love? What should I do?"

:3: :allears:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Nooner posted:

gently caress you for getting probated loquacius, you needto get in here and post some new confessions so everyone will shut the gently caress up about trans poo poo.

there are some truths that must be told

there are some battles that must be fought

there are some struggles that must be waged until the very bitter end, and some facts that must be laid bare before the whole world in the face of those who would cover them up, again and again until they are forced to listen

*goes out on the balcony with a megaphone* THE BERNIE BRO IS A MYTH

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

quote:

Can't stop thinking about her
There's a girl I talk to, I cant stop thinking about her. I think about her all day and dream about her most nights. When I think about her I get an adrenaline rush, so I have a constant adrenaline rush all day. The other day I was talking to her and this put me in such a good mood I was happy all day. I think she likes me sometimes when I look up in class she's staring at me, she wants to hang around with me alot. I want nothing more than to be with her. I've liked girls before but nothing like this. Am I in love? What should I do?"

I'm both happy and sad because this may be this kid's first real relationship and most likely be their first big heart-break as well. Go get her!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Tonight, two totally sustainable situations that will not end poorly at all no sir

quote:

I've known my good friend, let's call him Ryan, for a couple years now. We're roommates in this tiny apartment. I quit my job almost a year ago and have enough in my savings to last about 9 months to a year unemployed, depending on how much I spend on recreational stuff like beer or video games.

The thing is, Ryan is mega in love with me. I'm a single straight guy that sometimes go out on tinder dates, but can't get a girlfriend right now since I don't have a stable flow of income--zero income actually. Now, Ryan made a deal with me: He'd cover most/all the rent each month if he gets to do gay poo poo to me. Of course as a straight dude, I really don't want to have sex with him, but the deal was really good especially since I have no income. I agreed only to a few things like letting him kiss me on the cheek, grab/fondle my crotch, hug me, and maybe spooning. No sex, handjobs, blowjobs, and if I don't feel like doing gay poo poo that day to let me have like a day off once in a while or to leave me alone in the morning but you can fondle me at night, that kinda poo poo. Everything else needs to be negotiated because I don't want him jacking off right next to me or something without me at least knowing.

It was weird at first but it's been like 2 months and I guess I can tolerate it as long as I constantly go on tinder dates. He's a really nice guy and I feel kinda bad I can't love him the way he loves me, but poo poo! Rent is expensive and I'm practically "paying" it with my body and sometimes my mind. A kinda "rentboy" lol. I'm afraid that eventually I'll get sick of it and break his heart, but he's only attracted to straight and straight-acting guys so idk. Still looking for another job so that Ryan doesn't have to have the burden or paying for most/all the rent--though I feel even if I do get a new job he'll probably insist on playing with my balls.

Love the guy to death otherwise, just not in the way he would like me to. He understands I'm straight and that he can't change me and poo poo, so I'm hoping when I "break up" with him by insisting on paying rent or moving out, I'm pretty sure he'll understand and we go back to our regular lives.

quote:

I have a terrible fetish. I can only get turned on by women being killed violently. I have folders upon folders of this stuff on my computer. Photos of serial killer victims, mostly, and occasional screenshots from movies.

When I was single, I was capable of putting this stuff at the back of my mind. It was just a hosed up fetish, it otherwise had no real impact on my life. But I have a girlfriend now, and the fact that whenever we have sex I spend the entire time vividly imagining her dying in horrible ways is a problem. I feel like she thinks I'm not attracted to her anymore, but really it's just that I really care about her and that means that I basically can't have sex with her because I don't want to think about her dying.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Rush Limbo posted:

Words mean things

actually, we live in a society where words no longer have meaning

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
Is what Ryan doing part of this sharing economy I see bullshit clickbait about

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

loquacius posted:

pictures of dead women
Mookie's a goon?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

loquacius posted:

Tonight, two totally sustainable situations that will not end poorly at all no sir

This guy is going to end up as one of those prostitute serial killers.

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

fruit on the bottom posted:

This guy is going to end up as one of those prostitute serial killers.

It's gotta be tough to be a serial killer in a developed country nowadays. All of those cameras everywhere.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
South of the border, down Mexico way.
That's where I fell in love where stars above, came out to play.
And now as I wonder, my thoughts ever stray.
South of the border, down Mexico way.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Sounds like Ryan bought himself a disappointing boyfriend.

Maybe reciprocate some. Have a little fun, bro. It ain't gay to get a brojob.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
At the very least initiate the acts a few times. Not just a, "fiiiiine go ahead, if you must."

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Harakiri Potter posted:

It's gotta be tough to be a serial killer in a developed country nowadays. All of those cameras everywhere.

Apparently you just have to go to Albuquerque.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

psycho goon go join the army and see people die IRL and maybe you can be fixed?

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
:therapy:

Maybe your fetish can be changed. Maybe it can't. Better to try than to not

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
Is Ryan cute? Send him my way he can pay my rent and give me pecks on the cheek

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

glowstick party tonight posted:

Is Ryan cute? Send him my way he can pay my rent and give me pecks on the cheek

User name checks out on this one.

Eikre
May 2, 2009

grumplestiltzkin posted:

my favorite part is where you're trying really hard to be positive and progressive and ~rightthink~ but also seem to think that mental illness should be stigmatized to the point where it's a pejorative.

Hope this helps.

Bullshit. This is why I said implicit pejorative. The confessor deliberately invokes mental illness with eye-rolling distaste so that he can forward his condescension on to transgendered people using mental illness as the vector.

It is certainly possible to have a perspective on mental illness which is simultaneously capable of treating it as a difficulty without also sneering about it, but this is simply not a position the OP took.

Eikre fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Dec 7, 2016

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

Not proud of this confession, but it should get some laughs.

In my senior year of high school I got kind of obsessed with Watchmen - read the graphic novel at least once a month and became convinced the Rorschach was the hero of the story and to be admired and emulated. I also started reading up on "real life superheroes", which were kind of a fad at the time for some reason.

This all culminated in me making a costume - a mask made out of a cut up pillowcase, black tights, a cheapass leather jacket, and a bunch of random poo poo I found from past Halloweens. I wore it in my bedroom (with the door locked) once, and wore it out in public once, driving around a bad neighborhood sans mask.

I felt like an idiot and realized I wouldn't do poo poo, so I packed it all up in a box and burnt it.

Probably not a coincidence that I didn't lose my virginity until I was 25.

Really thought this was gonna be a Kick-rear end-like story but anon was actually too smart for that, kudos :tipshat:

quote:

One time when i was like 16, me and my parents were driving around in the suburbs looking for yard sales, something we did to pass time boring summer weekends. Usually we started the day by stopping at a gas station, getting gas and fountain drinks. If we stayed out too long, eventually someone was going to need to pee and if that person wasn't my dad he would take his time getting home or to a gas station because he needed to stop at literally ever sale he saw.

This day, I was the one that needed to go and I need to go bad. I got to the point where I thought I might piss my pants so when my dad stopped at one sale my parents got out of the car but I stayed in. I looked around to make sure no one was watching and pissed into my fountain drink cup. It was probably a 44 oz cup and I was impressed at how much I filled it up, my piss filled easily over half the cup.

Once my parents got back in we drove off to and I knew I had to get rid of the cup so for some reason I decided I'd just throw the cup out the window the next time the car stopped (like a stop sign or red light) and there were no other cars around. I rolled down the window in preparation for whenever the time presented itself. We ended up at an intersection on two quiet streets, so I thought now was my time. While we waited at the the red light some woman out running with her dog came up to the corner on my side and stopped waiting for us to go before crossing. I wasn't going to let that stop me from getting rid of my piss cup so I through it out anyway. I had the lid on the cup and hoped when it fell to the ground everything would stay in but instead the thing exploded and piss flew all over the woman's dog and probably her legs. My parents were disgusted at me but too embarrassed to yell and the red light felt like it lasted forever. I don't think the woman knew what was in the cup because she just stared at us without saying or doing anything.

I don't tell anyone about it in real life but I think it was probably one of the funniest things I ever did. In hindsight my mom thought it was funny too. I'm glad it was a time we shared together.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
emergeth the pissbitch indeed

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
Throw all the piss you want on strangers but don't loving litter you jackass.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Pissing in a cup, the most dangerous game. If you have more piss than cup things can turn ugly.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
How do you gently caress up discretely throwing a cup out the window so badly? Like he explicitly was waiting for a place where nobody would see it happen, then for some unexplicable reason he spikes it at a joggers feet+dog?

Why couldn't you just wait until you got home and dump it out in the sink and throw the cup out after? If you didn't act weird/sneaky about it you could even do it in the same room and your parents (assuming they weren't close enough to see/smell it) would just assume you're dumping out leftover soda.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

The Management posted:

Pissing in a cup, the most dangerous game. If you have more piss than cup things can turn ugly.

Who has more than 44 oz of piss in them

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
That was loving hilarious for some reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

One time my friend peed into a Wendy's cup and we threw it out the window on I-94 in Chicago. Unfortunately there was a cop behind us and he pulled me over for littering. I told him the cup got a hole in the bottom and was leaking which is why we threw it out the window. I still feel this is one of the best lies under pressure I have ever told.