Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

POOL IS CLOSED

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
:3: I finally got to try cider donuts this week and they were better than expected

brought 2 u by Manifisto, mastercraftsposter of sigs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rushi

by Smythe
Guys stop the presses amtrak is gonna be late.

I want all these good doughnuts I'm going to get hipster doughnuts when I get to town because of this thread

deadly_pudding

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Rushi posted:

Guys stop the presses amtrak is gonna be late.

I want all these good doughnuts I'm going to get hipster doughnuts when I get to town because of this thread

Please tell me about hipster donuts. Is this like the artisan cupcake store at the hipster mall here? Down the hall from the fetish gear shop and the pop culture antique store?

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Brooklyn hipster donuts look like this

Piso Mojado

normally I hate hipster things but hell $ .00 is a great deal

Rushi

by Smythe
Hahaha its "alternate" northwest hipster doughnuts. I'll post a pic of the one I get, it should have a pentagram on it.

Super gimmicky but really yummy.

POOL IS CLOSED

i'll be opening the local branch of satanic panic donuts on 6/6. we'll have

inverted pentagram donuts :evilbuddy:

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

POOL IS CLOSED

the dough that bites back

Rushi

by Smythe
that's one dangerous doughnut

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

.. no .. oh god not the baby

Rushi

by Smythe
HEY THAT'S THE ONE :D
It's got 5 kinds of chocolate including chocolate chips inside.

StandardVC10

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Bo-Pepper posted:

.. no .. oh god not the baby

That looks really good, hail satan

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

social vegan posted:

here we haven't got snow yet, just cold and angry shoppers

i'm really sorry. people should be nicer, it's just a gat dang store and it's not like anybody is going to literally explode if you don't get the polly pockets and the elmos (hello i do not know anything about christmas)

Rushi posted:

Hahaha its "alternate" northwest hipster doughnuts. I'll post a pic of the one I get, it should have a pentagram on it.

Super gimmicky but really yummy.

i like the gay bar myself but i will also take the pentagram donuts too.

social vegan posted:

the tims near me keeps trying to sell me whoopie pie donuts and i'm like, jeez let me get a drink first

i think they have to sell so many of them per store or someone will write them a stern letter

Fanky Malloons

Is your social worker inside that horse?
D*ng it all I want in life now is a donut!! I was going to blame all of you, until I remembered that it's technically my fault for bringing up Tim Hortons in the first place :negative:

Ima go get one after I go to the gym.

:krad: sig brought to you by the amazing & beautiful vanisher, feat. Helle Woods, artisinally designed by Death Sext !!!

alnilam

I just don't like donuts very much even really good hipster ones, am i a monster

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

alnilam posted:

I just don't like donuts very much even really good hipster ones, am i a monster

no you are a nice dude who doesn't like donuts very much. it is ok!

if you tell me you don't like pie, well then, buddy...we're gonna have to agree to disagree on pie's merits, then.

ETA: fanky fanky get the timbits holiday assortment, there are weird camo balls

Subjunctive

✨sparkle and shine✨

is that from Voodoo, I think it's called?

I interviewed someone today and they didn't do very well. they seemed really unprepared, and since the position involves a lot of research it's hard to overlook. I always feel so bad for people when I don't hire them. :smith:

deadly_pudding

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

alnilam posted:

It is okay to not like a food, especially a dumb food like donuts.

I like donuts too much, which is a way worse problem to have.

Rushi

by Smythe
It's okay to not like doughnuts! What kind do you like?

Subjunctive posted:

is that from Voodoo, I think it's called?

I interviewed someone today and they didn't do very well. they seemed really unprepared, and since the position involves a lot of research it's hard to overlook. I always feel so bad for people when I don't hire them. :smith:

Yeah! :D
That seems quite hard to do. A lot of fake smiling :(

Edit: this train has wifi. Who has good train songs? :3:

Rushi fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Dec 7, 2016

POOL IS CLOSED

StandardVC10 posted:

That looks really good, hail satan

POOL IS CLOSED

alnilam posted:

it's okay even if you're a monster, you're probably one of the really cool ones, nobody minds

social vegan

Rushi posted:

It's okay to not like doughnuts! What kind do you like?

Yeah! :D
That seems quite hard to do. A lot of fake smiling :(

the choo choo cha boogie song from old trident commercials

POOL IS CLOSED

Rushi posted:

16 Tons (okay it's a coal song but coal = steam engine trains in my mind, and it's a heckin good song)

Rushi

by Smythe

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

16 Tons (okay it's a coal song but coal = steam engine trains in my mind, and it's a heckin good song)

I'm going though a bunch of little foggy industry towns this is good :coal:

LawfulWaffle

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Years of bad decisions have restructured my body into a hideous thing that turns doughnuts into heartburn.

I took that Amtrak from Seattle to Portland earlier this year and I would recommend it to anyone. I've heard bad train stories, but that trip was quick, cozy, and I taught my wife how to play Pandemic on my iPad. Good times all around.

deadly_pudding

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Rushi posted:

Working in the Coal Mine, the Devo version.

deadly_pudding

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

LawfulWaffle posted:

Years of bad decisions have restructured my body into a hideous thing that turns doughnuts into heartburn.

I took that Amtrak from Seattle to Portland earlier this year and I would recommend it to anyone. I've heard bad train stories, but that trip was quick, cozy, and I taught my wife how to play Pandemic on my iPad. Good times all around.

Yeah seconding this. I love taking the train. If I had a choice between flying somewhere and taking a train, I would take the train every time. It's less hassle at the station, the seats are more comfortable, you usually get to see some cool stuff out the window besides clouds and incredibly distant ground, and it's way more likely that your seat has an electrical outlet available.

social vegan

Rushi posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5synHV2fnnY

deadly_pudding

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Last Train Home, by Pat Metheny Group

POOL IS CLOSED

deadly_pudding posted:

Yeah seconding this. I love taking the train. If I had a choice between flying somewhere and taking a train, I would take the train every time. It's less hassle at the station, the seats are more comfortable, you usually get to see some cool stuff out the window besides clouds and incredibly distant ground, and it's way more likely that your seat has an electrical outlet available.

i love riding trains :3: i'm riding the amtrak regional rail to my grandmother's for crimmus

if only there were a transatlantic or transpacific rail, i'd never fly

Rushi

by Smythe
Thank you for all the train songs this is a fun way to pick music :D social vegan that song is on the spot.

Taking the train in the NW is nice! Late a lot but barely ever full. Literally the same price as greyhound.

I want to take the empire builder to Chicago when the days get longer so much~

LawfulWaffle

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v78-ftcqpNw

Manifisto

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JSgH6thyHw

Rushi

by Smythe
Oh man making a YouTube Playlist so I can run these back again on the way home > : D

Senior Management

I once had a maple bacon donut and it tasted like breakfast. I can recomend the Amtrak trains from D.C. to New York whole heartily but traveling further north by train is madness. I swear we touched every square inch of Connecticut on the way to Boston. It was like the Amtrak train was also the normal commute train for the entire state.

:jerry:

POOL IS CLOSED

Vynar posted:

I once had a maple bacon donut and it tasted like breakfast. I can recomend the Amtrak trains from D.C. to New York whole heartily but traveling further north by train is madness. I swear we touched every square inch of Connecticut on the way to Boston. It was like the Amtrak train was also the normal commute train for the entire state.

it is :getin: i ride from pvd to wilmington. it's still reasonably faster than trying to cross george washington bridge or (yikes) the tappan zee, so it works out for us. the high speed amtrak is a little different from the regional express amtrak, though, so i don't know if the former skips some of the bazillion connecticut stops. (like how much pork did connecticut get for the railway? holy shet)

Subjunctive

✨sparkle and shine✨

Rushi posted:

I want to take the empire builder to Chicago when the days get longer so much~

For our honeymoon my ex-wife and I took the train from Toronto to Vancouver in the middle of winter, and spent Christmas in Vancouver. It was 5 days/4 nights of lovely views and forced relaxation.

deadly_pudding

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
The amtrak from Boston to Wells, Maine is a pretty straight shot. It stops in some other places along the way, but overall it's a pleasant trip so it's fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://vid.me/zno9

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!