Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fneeb
Feb 13, 2012
Right, so as a relatively new player (started about half way through the Sharon event) I have to ask about ISO's. Up til now i've just been plugging mainly 3-4 stars in to activate whatever half decent set bonus I get before I use up all my gold, plugging in whatever higher ones I get given as and when. Is it worth spending the time and gold working away at combining all these to get them higher? I get plenty of the enhancement ones though Timeline and co-op (though honestly i'm about ready to give up on TL for a while, stupid Strange/Sharon/Thanos/Wasp bullshit) but it seems like to get enough six star or higher for even one char is a hell of a lot of trudging through menus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Not worth it if you have a relatively small roster. It becomes worth it when you have a ton of characters you're trying to minmax so you can beat a Shadowlands stage with them. There will always be more isos every day so you can sell them with a clear conscience.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Little thing that doesn't seem to be mentioned anywhere in game: Enchantress seems to heal for roughly half the damage her 2* does (the charm attack). No idea if it's affected by skill level, but means that she has both an innate heal and a loki shield on top of her passive charm affecting anything which is kind of insane.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Anyone else having any issues with this game hard locking their ipad or other device?

It's been happening since the Dr.Strange patch, and is really annoying. I have the graphics on low and performance on low but neither seems to have made a difference. I'm running on an ipad air 2 and it's just this game. Really annoying, usually it happens when I'm running Co-Op on repeat or Special Missions but today it's been happening on other fights as well.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

PaybackJack posted:

Anyone else having any issues with this game hard locking their ipad or other device?

It's been happening since the Dr.Strange patch, and is really annoying. I have the graphics on low and performance on low but neither seems to have made a difference. I'm running on an ipad air 2 and it's just this game. Really annoying, usually it happens when I'm running Co-Op on repeat or Special Missions but today it's been happening on other fights as well.

Yes. This happens ever so often and I have to reinstall the app. Then it gets fixed. I can't explain it. Just make sure you have your game synced to Game Center or Facebook so you lose no data.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
What the hell is that second item? I seem to remember Alliance Battle used to drop something that looked like that?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah this game actually is awful for my phone (and I have an iPhone 7). Often it will freeze or crash, and sometimes completely locks up my OS and forces me to restart my phone. It seems like I need to play it with zero multitasking going on, and then

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Saint Freak posted:

What the hell is that second item? I seem to remember Alliance Battle used to drop something that looked like that?

:eyepop:

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Saint Freak posted:

Holy poo poo. What kind of box was that? Blue?

The Dave posted:

Yeah this game actually is awful for my phone (and I have an iPhone 7). Often it will freeze or crash, and sometimes completely locks up my OS and forces me to restart my phone. It seems like I need to play it with zero multitasking going on, and then

So it's a big issue but here's what happens. When you download the game, it's maybe 1.6gig. After a couple months or whatever time, it starts to get larger. Eventually it becomes like, 11gigs for whatever stupid reason. As it does this, it starts locking up constantly.

You literally have to redownload the game ever so often. Its stupid but it is what it is.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

I have a red chest with 11 hours left before I can open it. Someone on reddit posted their red chest contents so basically I can't wait

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Holy poo poo. What kind of box was that? Blue?

So it's a big issue but here's what happens. When you download the game, it's maybe 1.6gig. After a couple months or whatever time, it starts to get larger. Eventually it becomes like, 11gigs for whatever stupid reason. As it does this, it starts locking up constantly.

You literally have to redownload the game ever so often. Its stupid but it is what it is.

Interesting. It is taking up like an extra 1.5gb right now.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
drat those red chests are sweet.

Finally got through Surtur, that was a heck of a tough fight, 1-shot meteors and a dot that hits through shields. Thanos practically walked through everyone up to that fight, I think I tagged during the Hela fight a few times but other wise I rode Thanos 6* like a government mule and wouldn't you know it couldn't handle the heat of Surtur's realm.

That Midgard Serpent fight was great. More fights like that Netmarbu!

NVM: Surtur is back with less room to dodge. Fantastic.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Dec 7, 2016

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

fart simpson posted:

I have a red chest with 11 hours left before I can open it. Someone on reddit posted their red chest contents so basically I can't wait

My loving god.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Sif's new costume is a big improvement to her. With some decent gear and a good obelisk she could definitely handle a Shadowlands relay. Her new moves have some nice iframes.

Enchantress T2 is looking mighty fine. With all these new characters I'm actually running out of Obelisks that are worth a drat.

porkinson
Jan 20, 2015

fart simpson posted:

So do you just go in with 3 T2 chars to ensure you have a better chance of better chests?

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

porkinson posted:

So do you just go in with 3 T2 chars to ensure you have a better chance of better chests?

That's what I'm doing, no way I'm gonna spend the 300+ energy per day to run all chars through that poo poo with a tiny chance to get a good chest out of it.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

porkinson posted:

I don't know how it works. I got my red chest with a T2 Iron Man and two total scrublords

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Is that the coop box? Can I just grab whatever characters and use them for it? I tried last night with my 3 6 stars and we lost.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I feel like these co op boxes are going to get nerfed.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

lol TL is gonna be a nightmare wasteland

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Ramadu posted:

lol TL is gonna be a nightmare wasteland

So long Vibranium you were the worst league

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Who is the best new character to put bios into? Is anyone worth blowing insta 6/6 tickets and then T2ing (eventually)?

None of the new guys seem to have a guard or immunity

e: Oh I guess Volstagg does, so is he the best to go with? He's physical Combat which seems weak since Blast is everywhere

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!
Enchantress #1, Hela #2.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I can't even beat Ulik the Troll. My life is pointless.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Grem posted:

Enchantress #1, Hela #2.

Why Hela? I don't see a defensive on her

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I haven't read anything about it and my Hela is only 4* but the fact that she has a buff-stripper seems like a big deal.

Also she has a team-up with Angela who has a team-up with Elsa so she's clearly the best choice.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
how come everyone does so much more damage than me? Playing poo poo like T2 Iron Fist I'm still way, way behind other players' dmg in boss co-op.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
took off strange's uni and lol at how easy story is now in comparison

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

WarEternal posted:

how come everyone does so much more damage than me? Playing poo poo like T2 Iron Fist I'm still way, way behind other players' dmg in boss co-op.

No idea really but off the top of my head it might be:

- With IF specifically, are you getting in close when you do his dragon thingy? That's his main source of damage but if you stand too far away the boss won't get hit.
- Have you re-rolled to all attack or energy attack on his weapon?
- How're your cards?
- How's his ISO / obelisk?

And I guess upgrading his skills, which people say is a waste but I tend to do anyway on characters I care about -- I've lost plenty of fights at like 1% left so every little bit helps.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
It'd be fantastic if some of the drooling morons playing co-op could learn where the Team Up button is. Hitting it once in the entire fight would deal more damage than they do.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

BGrifter posted:

It'd be fantastic if some of the drooling morons playing co-op could learn where the Team Up button is. Hitting it once in the entire fight would deal more damage than they do.

It even tells you exactly how it works and all you have to do is spam it as soon as it's available. Are these people just on auto attack or something?

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

NmareBfly posted:

No idea really but off the top of my head it might be:

- With IF specifically, are you getting in close when you do his dragon thingy? That's his main source of damage but if you stand too far away the boss won't get hit.
- Have you re-rolled to all attack or energy attack on his weapon?
- How're your cards?
- How's his ISO / obelisk?

And I guess upgrading his skills, which people say is a waste but I tend to do anyway on characters I care about -- I've lost plenty of fights at like 1% left so every little bit helps.

Cards are garbage, ISOs are all max stars for the increased dmg 8 slot one. Obelisk has dodge and invincibility or something. I mean I do a lot of damage with Iron Fist, but that's about it. Everyone else seems to squeeze tons of damage out of every character. I don't really understand how you get good obelisks without being lucky as gently caress. Even grinding them out through special missions since forever I have basically no good ones.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

PaybackJack posted:

It even tells you exactly how it works and all you have to do is spam it as soon as it's available. Are these people just on auto attack or something?

I feel like I'm gaining tremendous insight into how Donald Trump became President thanks to Team-Up World Boss.

Hell is other players.

MonkeyBot
Mar 11, 2005

OMG ITZ MONKEYBOT
Other than having to actually play, the new chapter 12 stories are kinda fun. T2 Sharon + T1 Ancient One make a pretty decent switch off combo.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

BGrifter posted:

I feel like I'm gaining tremendous insight into how Donald Trump became President thanks to Team-Up World Boss.

Hell is other players.

I consistently score top in my Team WB plays. I've only done four to completion out of about 12 or 13, and my lowest high score was 23.7%

Edit: Like it just occurred to me, why can't we do this with our alliance?

FireWorksWell fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Dec 7, 2016

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Little thing that doesn't seem to be mentioned anywhere in game: Enchantress seems to heal for roughly half the damage her 2* does (the charm attack). No idea if it's affected by skill level, but means that she has both an innate heal and a loki shield on top of her passive charm affecting anything which is kind of insane.

6/6ing her I guess

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Adult Sword Owner posted:

6/6ing her I guess

It's pretty safe to assume that anyone who's going to be behind the paywall is worth the price of admission. Carnage is great. Hyperion is probably my favorite character to play after Thanos, so I'm expecting big things out of Enchantress.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Speaking of paywall characters Clea is pretty good in World boss invasion because she actually has other characters to tank for her.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Got two mega-6's burning holes in my pocket from Black Friday. I can get the bio sub, use one day each on Carnage and Chantress to unlock them, then mega-6 instantly right? Seems to be the most efficient possible way to use resources. Hypeman seems cool but Carnage fills more of a roster hole.

Wonder if I should wait for Christmas. They had some pretty good deals / rewards last year. Hell, I wouldn't be totally surprised if they gave us a mega-t2 ticket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZodiakLucien
Jul 27, 2013
So common consensus is Enchantress is OP OP right? I got a mega 6* and a t2 ticket I want to throw somewhere. Hela seems very good as well.

• Locked thread