Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Mr. F! posted:

We make 3 cards a month and sell 1000 subscriptions, for 20 dollars a pop. We're rich as gently caress!!!! Woooooo

If you sold them for five dollars a pop you might have 100000 subscriptions and buy Norway or something!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Assuming they're not using the empty-the-warehouse strategy of other subscription services. (Re: the Ipsy subscription, hope your SO likes neutral eyeshadow.)

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

bongwizzard posted:

I suspect if it really mattered you could fill your pot with ice in the morning and that would keep it cool long enough for the cooker to start up. I think the real use of the wifi is that so you can stare at it while at work, thinking of the meat orgy to come.

What if I put the pot and sous vide in the refrigerator the whole time. That way it stays cold until its time to cook then it can cook it. Of course you have to plan extra hours for the fight between the fridge and sous vide for temp. And if the sous vide wins the rest of the fridge might get cooked too. But then you can have a FEAST!

Or you just cook your steak on a hot grill for less than 5 minutes a side like a real person.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Barnes And Body Works posted:

I bought an Otamatone after hearing someone play some funny noises in a discord group with one.
It's basically a funny little instrument thats kind of like a keyboard that makes wah wah noises when you squeeze the mouth, somewhat hard to explain really.

Congratulations, you are the musical equivalent of a war crime.

But, like, a strangely hilarious war crime. Weeeeeaaaaaahhhheeeeoooooooooooaaaaaaaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :toot:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Can't believe those things are still around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxLB70G-tRY

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Jerry Cotton posted:

I looked at their designs and I don't think bringing Picasso in to this is fair.

Well when you look at the price points the concept is sound. Obviously they're not Picasso, but they're also like $5 a piece and not 2+ million.

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
I bought 200 cases of sudafed

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Who Is Paul Blart posted:

Hand me some please.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

I'll take "Things That Will Put You On a DEA Watchlist" for $600, Alex.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

... In Mexico? Because you can only buy so many mg worth per month in the US

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

xtal posted:

This is true but if you're gone for 8 hours it could be on the counter for 4 hours before you start cooking it for 4 hours. Probably not a big deal tho.

The whole point of it is you could cook your food and hold it at the cooked temperature for quite a while.

Devdisigdu
Mar 23, 2016

The shadows lengthen
In Carcosa.
My previous cheap headset (£20 one) died in the right ear, So I picked up one from Logitech hoping it will last longer than 8 months.

Bought a new mouse while I was at it since it was 60% off on Amazon.

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug

Devdisigdu posted:

My previous cheap headset (£20 one) died in the right ear, So I picked up one from Logitech hoping it will last longer than 8 months.

These won't.

This will though.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Wireless mice are better imo

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Devdisigdu posted:

Bought a new mouse while I was at it since it was 60% off on Amazon.

I've had the G430s for 3 1/2 years and it's still the best pair of headphones I've ever owned.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

PCOS Bill posted:

Wireless mice are better imo

Have fun with your input delay scrub

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
I've used a wireless mouse since 2005 and I've never had any issues with delay. Then again, I don't label myself as an "MLG 1337 n00b pwner", so maybe that's my problem.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Gorilla Salad posted:

Can't believe those things are still around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxLB70G-tRY

Thanks for reminding me to check out the SA Christmas album thread!

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Bottom Liner posted:

Have fun with your input delay scrub

Oh no delayed Firefox inpuuuuut

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I have a wired one because I hate batteries.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
Yea, my mouse never leaves like a one square foot area on my desk, I don't think I have ever even noticed the cord.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Aramek posted:

I have a wired one because I hate batteries.

Yeah this is the real reason wireless mice suck.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Bottom Liner posted:

Yeah this is the real reason wireless mice suck.

I kind of like them but then I don't have to buy the batteries.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan
Buy non-poo poo meeses that don't leech your batteries. AAs are dirt loving cheap.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

You know they make rechargeable wireless mice y'all. My G700s is lovely.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

travisray2004 posted:

Buy non-poo poo meeses that don't leech your batteries. AAs are dirt loving cheap.

:lol: if you buy non-rechargeables. Don't be a dumpster filler. My Logitech eats through Eneloops in <10 hours though, which is a pretty non-poo poo brand.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Lol if you have used removable batteries in the last decade

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
But what is the point of wireless for a stationary thing? Like a travel mouse sure, a cord is a pain, but how does it help at all for a desktop?

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I don't have a desktop, this is an all laptop house. My mouse goes where the laptop goes. It has its own dedicated space in my Targus bag. Logitech G602 is my current cordless

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Years later, PCOS Bill is still the laughing stock of the thread

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

I have a laptop, it's called your mom

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I've owned this mouse for 2 years and changed the batteries once.

It's sitting at 60%-ish charge right now.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. F! posted:

I have a laptop, it's called your mom

nice

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Bottom Liner posted:

Years later, PCOS Bill is still the laughing stock of the thread

I'm not a PC gamer, why do I need a 1337 desktop?

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

bongwizzard posted:

But what is the point of wireless for a stationary thing? Like a travel mouse sure, a cord is a pain, but how does it help at all for a desktop?

A E S T H E T I C

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

PCOS Bill posted:

I'm not a PC gamer, why do I need a 1337 desktop?

Well you seem to like giving your opinion, and that's useless to a whole lot of people!

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

treiz01 posted:

Well you seem to like giving your opinion, and that's useless to a whole lot of people!

One day you'll all grow up and realize that I, like your dad, was right all along.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

bongwizzard posted:

My next mouse has got to be cordless because I am very tired of my cat sitting on the mouse cord.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Coffee And Pie posted:

A E S T H E T I C

The back side of my monitor is a pretty rough area I guess.

neongrey posted:

My next mouse has got to be cordless because I am very tired of my cat sitting on the mouse cord.

Clearly you are just trolling, we all know a cat would just immediately start batting at the mouse itself if it found the cord gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

bongwizzard posted:

Clearly you are just trolling, we all know a cat would just immediately start batting at the mouse itself if it found the cord gone.

Or flop down on it, start purring and fall asleep so you feel bad if you try and move it... Or fall asleep on your keyboard. You really can't win.