Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

WhyteRyce posted:

If Sacramento was to trade Cousins, there are a couple teams that have better looking assets than Washington unless you are sold on Bradley Beal being a healthy #1 or #2 guy.

I feel like you are behind on this conversation.

I was coming up with ideas to reunite Wall and Cousins, and the only way I can see it is if one had a lottery winning pick to trade. Since Sac's route to top-3 pick is pretty unlikely (I guess Philly winning and Sac getting 2 or 3) that'd mean Washington would need to win to make the trade.

The more likely situation is none of this happens, but that was the hypothetical. Hence Zuvella talking about Sac's chance of winning a top pick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

WhyteRyce posted:

If Sacramento was to trade Cousins, there are a couple teams that have better looking assets than Washington unless you are sold on Bradley Beal being a healthy #1 or #2 guy.

There are no teams that can put together better packages than the Lakers, 76ers, or Boston. I can't imagine a situation where Boston does not make that trade. They need a star.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Paul Zuvella posted:

There are no teams that can put together better packages than the Lakers, 76ers, or Boston. I can't imagine a situation where Boston does not make that trade. They need a star.

Lakers can't offer any picks really, just their young guys. And none of their guys on rookie deals are "can't miss stars" imo. Russell is probably the closest.

Philly can offer their pick, the Lakers pick, undo their pick swap with Sac and throw in Okafor I guess?

Boston I think still has the best assets.

Tho the Kings probably don't want to rebuild, which is what Boston and Philly would be offering (unless they involved a 3rd team) so maybe Portland offering CJ and filler would be enough.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Tho the Kings probably don't want to rebuild, which is what Boston and Philly would be offering (unless they involved a 3rd team) so maybe Portland offering CJ and filler would be enough.

If the Kings trade boogie, they are rebuilding. There is literally nothing of value on that team outside of him.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Philly can also offer Saric who seems like a slightly valuable player on a good deal.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
Nobody who actually wants Boogie has the right assets to get him. A sad state of affairs for all involved parties.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Boosh! posted:

Color me a bit optimistic, but I did not see much (if any) iso Melo last night. They were mostly either catch and shoots, or quick moves off the pass. Maybe this is the year we go over .500

Haha dangerously optimistic. I feel the same.

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound

EvanTH posted:

Haha dangerously optimistic. I feel the same.

Just remember that they were 22-22 last year before finishing the season with 30 wins

Count Mippipopolous
Apr 10, 2008

Would Boogie for Valanciunas + others make any sense? Every time I see a ~~Cousins trade rumors~~ headline I struggle to come up with a single plausible trade scenario.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Count Mippipopolous posted:

Would Boogie for Valanciunas + others make any sense? Every time I see a ~~Cousins trade rumors~~ headline I struggle to come up with a single plausible trade scenario.

Boogie and Lowry on the same team would be bonkers.

You could conceivably construct something for Toronto, but would it make more sense that anything that say Boston could offer.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
<<< shitposter posts poo poo later than anyone else - then deletes it

rinse and repeat

predicto fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Dec 7, 2016

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I have literally no idea what Toronto has that could even approach a good deal for Sacramento. They are good, so their picks suck, and they dont have any good young players.

An actual deal will look something like

Amir Johnsons Expiring + Jaylen Brown + 2017 Brooklyn pick + 2019 Clippers pick

e: They may want Jae Crowder too, but he doesn't really help the Kings too much outside of being a trade chip in of himself. They could also play hardball and demand the 2018 Brooklyn pick from the Celtics too, which I'd definitely still do.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

Paul Zuvella posted:

I have literally no idea what Toronto has that could even approach a good deal for Sacramento. They are good, so their picks suck, and they dont have any good young players.

An actual deal will look something like

Amir Johnsons Expiring + Jaylen Brown + 2017 Brooklyn pick + 2019 Clippers pick

e: They may want Jae Crowder too, but he doesn't really help the Kings too much outside of being a trade chip in of himself. They could also play hardball and demand the 2018 Brooklyn pick from the Celtics too, which I'd definitely still do.

If a Boogie/Boston trade happens, this is probably the most logical foundation for a trade.

So much depends on where that Brooklyn pick ends up. It's a solid draft, but there is still a big difference between #1 and #5. And it's amazing how much depends on the health of Harry Giles.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

If it happens the trade probably won't seem plausible. Look at the Pau Gasol, Dwight Howard, or Chris Paul trades. The Grizzlies, Magic, and Hornets didn't get back a single truly top notch asset for any of those guys. Marc Gasol turned into a star, but he was a bottom of the second pick considered to be of minimal value at the time, and the rest of the Pau trade was trash. The Hornets got Eric Gordon, whose value was probably somewhere around Beal's now, and a bunch of trash. The best things Orlando got were a guy who became a decent role player four years later for another team and a middle of the pack center. None of them drew top 5 picks, none of them drew a budding young star (unless you were REALLY high on Gordon at the time). The Kevin Love trade was a total aberration caused by a unique set of circumstances. Usually big stars traded from collapsing teams draw pennies on the dollar.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Wait so are we speculating on a hypothetical trade that could hypothetically happen at some point in the future or did some Cousins rumors pop up this AM that I'm not aware of

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/SportsDirectTV/status/806551718171385857

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
IMO Person of the Year should be The Process itself.

Crazy Ted posted:

Wait so are we speculating on a hypothetical trade that could hypothetically happen at some point in the future or did some Cousins rumors pop up this AM that I'm not aware of

Cousins rumors are always circulating. They are like a gentle undercurrent of all NBA rumors.

chunkles fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Dec 7, 2016

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I'm excited to watch the Boston Celtics starring Al Horford and Demarcus Cousins but not Jae Crowder win a total of 2 serieses once Lebron retires in 2017 after being exposed as the "hub" of a typical "buggy round" scam circuit operating in 9 countries with affiliates in 9 more

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Dejan Bimble posted:

I'm excited to watch the Boston Celtics starring Al Horford and Demarcus Cousins but not Jae Crowder win a total of 2 serieses once Lebron retires in 2017 after being exposed as the "hub" of a typical "buggy round" scam circuit operating in 9 countries with affiliates in 9 more

Reading your posts sometimes send me into a dada-esque fugue state and I never feel quite right when I come out of them

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Paul Zuvella posted:

If the Kings trade boogie, they are rebuilding. There is literally nothing of value on that team outside of him.

Yeah but does Vivek know that?

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

I look forward to LeBron gently placing his nuts in Phil Jacksons mouth tonight

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Doug McDermit

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Boston doesn't have the nets 17 pick only the swap rights.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Cool Buff Man posted:

Doug McDermit

Apparently the most important bulls player as the second he went out the team went to poo poo.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
so…clips warriors tonight

what does the thread think?

i was hoping the clips would kick the warriors' asses, especially the way they were playing in the beginning of the season. but now i'm seeing a warrior domination in the near future.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

It literally just depends if GS shoots >40% from three

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

RaySmuckles posted:

so…clips warriors tonight

what does the thread think?

i was hoping the clips would kick the warriors' asses, especially the way they were playing in the beginning of the season. but now i'm seeing a warrior domination in the near future.

We have to see who is healthy in the spring.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Oh you are talking about regular season games.

Who knows.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Knicks - Cavs
Warriors - Clippers

Battle of the super teams.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Knicks Cavs: The shootout at the M.S.G. Corral

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Tonight I'll probably eat a simple rice bowl from Cava Grill while enjoying the NBA offerings on ESPN, by the time the GS/LA game comes on I will maybe finish off some leftover steak from yesterday. Some mocha ice cream as a nightcap even?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

euphronius posted:

Boston doesn't have the nets 17 pick only the swap rights.

You can still trade that. "You get the pick we end up with, the higher of Boston and Brooklyn".

DeimosRising posted:

If it happens the trade probably won't seem plausible. Look at the Pau Gasol, Dwight Howard, or Chris Paul trades. The Grizzlies, Magic, and Hornets didn't get back a single truly top notch asset for any of those guys. Marc Gasol turned into a star, but he was a bottom of the second pick considered to be of minimal value at the time, and the rest of the Pau trade was trash. The Hornets got Eric Gordon, whose value was probably somewhere around Beal's now, and a bunch of trash. The best things Orlando got were a guy who became a decent role player four years later for another team and a middle of the pack center. None of them drew top 5 picks, none of them drew a budding young star (unless you were REALLY high on Gordon at the time). The Kevin Love trade was a total aberration caused by a unique set of circumstances. Usually big stars traded from collapsing teams draw pennies on the dollar.

Eric Gordon's value was much higher than Beal's, the trade was before Gordon's injury proneness was clear and he just had a pretty nice breakout year. They also got Minnesota's first which was definitely not trash. So you got a really promising player and a pick that ended up top-10 (they ended up using it Austin Rivers, but still). .

You'll also notice, as contracts started getting handed out in the new CBA, superstar trades for pennies doesn't really happen as much anymore. There's little value in expiring contracts anymore. You hand waive the Love trade, but its been basically the only Superstar trade that's happened in the last 4 years.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Are Twolfs fans ready to recognize that Kris Dunn might be pretty good ?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I'm kind of assuming if a Boogie trade happens there will be at least three teams involved.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

straight up brolic posted:

The clippers will win if they get a lot of rebounds, a "big lot" if you like

Paul Zuvella posted:

Reading your posts sometimes send me into a dada-esque fugue state and I never feel quite right when I come out of them
Think of what the lovely woman told the pilgrim before he crossed the gate to purgatory

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

straight up brolic posted:

It depends on Klay. He's had 2 good games in a row. If he continues being good Klay, it gets ugly for LAC. If bad Klay shows up, who knows.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

EvanTH posted:

Are Twolfs fans ready to recognize that Kris Dunn might be pretty good ?

He's had 2 pretty good games in a row and like 11 bad ones in a row before that. I think he'll be alright, but he is really inefficient scoring the ball and I don't know that he'll be a good enough distributor to make up for it. He is real good defensively but the value of a good defensive PG is pretty low.

Wolves are still better with Ricky out there, but Rubio has been pretty bad too so. I guess I am saying is more Tyus Jones?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
a rookie is inefficient? why I never.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Dexo posted:

a rookie is inefficient? why I never.

There are 16 Rookies who have played more than 300 minutes. Dunn is #11 on efficiency, and 2nd from the bottom in TOV% (as in, 2nd highest) and all with a below-average Usage. His 95 ORTG is not putrid for a Rookie but it's still on the bad side.

I'm not giving up on Dunn or anything, but he's 22 and not really a guy that was expected to take a long time to get up to NBA speed. My original problem with him was that PG was not a big area of need, though Ricky looks pretty bad this year so if Dunn can figure it out he can absolutely be an important cog. 2 decent games in a row isn't enough for me to say that's happened.

Lockback fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Dec 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I def think a trade for Dunn fell through wrt the wolves. It might happen on 12/15 .

• Locked thread