Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
brb repainting him Deathwatch.

Edit: Oh poo poo new page. So, if all the teasing does come true and we get a proper Sisters codex next year, what kind of things would people like to see? Similarly, since we're probably getting something with the SoS's as well what kind of stuff do you expect they'll get?

SteelMentor fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Dec 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

SteelMentor posted:

brb repainting him Deathwatch.

Edit: Oh poo poo new page. So, if all the teasing does come true and we get a proper Sisters codex next year, what kind of things would people like to see? Similarly, since we're probably getting something with the SoS's as well what kind of stuff do you expect they'll get?

It's not a Sisters codex, it's a Codex for all sorts of "minor" Imperial forces including the Sisters and Inquisition.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Hence the next year, I know about Imperial Agents this weekend, but it's looking likely that we're getting at least either a SoB/SoS codex in 2017.

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
Honestly I'd just like to see them give the 2014 Dark Eldar treatment to the old Witchhunters codex along with sisters and everything else in it. Then hope they avoid the post-2014 Dark Eldar treatment.

I'd love to see a competent less creepy resculpt of the penitent engine for example.

Also wrt Imperial Space Marine, I never really experienced that much complaining about the model's gun as much as what it's rules represented in general - It was a straight-up upgrade for no points. In other words, a pay-to-win element. I really dislike anything that gives you free points or honestly free anything no matter the game so that really peeved me off too. They keep making GBS threads out more horrible rules like free transports, splitting pink horrors and formations in general, but the Imperial Space Marine was some next level poo poo and I'm really glad nothing quite as egregious has come out since. Sure you can say that overpowered or under priced units are similarly pay-to-win but at least it's not as blatantly obvious and I can at least pretend there's some sort of internal logic at work there.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Never really saw that much issue with the Penitent Engine (beyond it being in my top 5 reasons Why Metal Minatures are Bad and should Never, Ever Return), though the Repentia desperately need a complete re-imaging. Like jfc even if they covered them in Purity Seals and scroll work like they're depicted in the artwork it'd be a massive goddamn improvement.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Hra Mormo posted:

Also wrt Imperial Space Marine, I never really experienced that much complaining about the model's gun as much as what it's rules represented in general - It was a straight-up upgrade for no points. In other words, a pay-to-win element. I really dislike anything that gives you free points or honestly free anything no matter the game so that really peeved me off too. They keep making GBS threads out more horrible rules like free transports, splitting pink horrors and formations in general, but the Imperial Space Marine was some next level poo poo and I'm really glad nothing quite as egregious has come out since. Sure you can say that overpowered or under priced units are similarly pay-to-win but at least it's not as blatantly obvious and I can at least pretend there's some sort of internal logic at work there.

This is pretty much how I feel about it. Buying the guy because you wanted the special rules to get a "free" leg up on opponents is just a poo poo thing to do. The argument "oh I've never seen him kill much of anything" really doesn't carry any weight with me.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
It seems like the issue people had with Pink Horrors was the possibility of them being able to also dummon more horrors while splitting; the rules leaks have made it clear that they cant summon, so I dont think it will be that big a deal.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
How are Heldrakes nowadays? I'm on a bit of a Chaos kick and I remembered that I never bought the flying turkey.

Hra Mormo posted:

Honestly I'd just like to see them give the 2014 Dark Eldar treatment to the old Witchhunters codex along with sisters and everything else in it. Then hope they avoid the post-2014 Dark Eldar treatment.

I'd love to see a competent less creepy resculpt of the penitent engine for example.

Agreed about the Sisters, as long as they keep the phenominal power armoured helmet design. As to the Marine, it was an extremely limited availability model celebrating 30 years of the army. I don't see it as pay to win, I see it as deliberately (but not completely) over the top rules on a goofy model that not many people will ever have.

Lovely Joe Stalin fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Dec 7, 2016

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

How are Heldrakes nowadays? I'm on a bit of a Chaos kick and I remembered that I never bought the flying turkey.

Still one of the best options in the CSM codex, even better after Traitor's Hate gave them a wing formation thing. No longer the terror of 6th ed it was thanks to the surge in flyers/anti-air and the Vector Strike changes.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

TheChirurgeon posted:

This is pretty much how I feel about it. Buying the guy because you wanted the special rules to get a "free" leg up on opponents is just a poo poo thing to do. The argument "oh I've never seen him kill much of anything" really doesn't carry any weight with me.

I get this complaint about it, but speaking for myself and my friends, we got it because it's a bitchin' model

(also I bought an extra to eventually sell, maybe, to those rule chasers at a profit)

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

SteelMentor posted:

No longer the terror of 6th ed it was thanks to the surge in flyers/anti-air and the Vector Strike changes.

Not to mention the update that changed the Baleflamer from 360-degree to a 45-degree arc. 6th Ed. was truly a magical time for Heldrakes. :allears:

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

PierreTheMime posted:

Not to mention the update that changed the Baleflamer from 360-degree to a 45-degree arc. 6th Ed. was truly a magical time for Heldrakes. :allears:

Christ, how could I forget? I went to my first ever tournament just after the 6th ed CSM book dropped, about 70% of participants were CSM lists and all but me were running triple Heldrake farting out Baleflamers. That was certainly an experience. My humble Cultist-manned Icarus guns never had so much fun.

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah, but compare modern marines to that anniversary imperial marine. Lots of little changes here and there can have a pretty big effect, even if they'll still be battle nuns in space.

That's still power armor marine in space, but the aesthetic is pretty different.

Dat's a space gun that makes a sound like "ZOT!!"

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man

Neurolimal posted:

It seems like the issue people had with Pink Horrors was the possibility of them being able to also dummon more horrors while splitting; the rules leaks have made it clear that they cant summon, so I dont think it will be that big a deal.

Then again the same leaks also came with the revelation that you can now get a Locus which makes every pink split into 4 blues instead of 2! And there's a way to (from the warzone fenris formation I think) make it affect every unit within 12" of the holder or some poo poo! :suicide:

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
SRM do you have the "NO!~" clip handy so I can use it as a notification sound?

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

mango sentinel posted:

SRM do you have the "NO!~" clip handy so I can use it as a notification sound?

I do, PM me your email address and I'll send it to you.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

SRM posted:

I do, PM me your email address and I'll send it to you.

PM sent, thanks!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

PierreTheMime posted:

Technically that update was just retconning a previous FAQ which gave them the 360 degree arc. They originally had the 45 degree arc but GW FAQd it when they wanted to sell more Heldrakes, and changed it back when they'd made the cost of sprues back :tinfoil:

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
scans of Traitor Legions are up on Atia's blog:

Part 1: https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/1468
Part 2: https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/1469

So fuckin hype for this to arrive in my mailbox next week

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I'm seriously tempted to start a Word Bearers army instead. I know stuff like Possessed are garbage, but I've really grown to love their fluff, plus summoning daemons, putting Gift of Mutation on anything that can take it and having a chaos chaplain sounds rad as hell.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
DG artifacts are not very good unless you want to run a blob of Cultists maybe?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Total pipe dream, but I'm hoping they go peak Troll Workshop and drop hints of Malal in the traitor book (that they then completely dismiss, as is tradition)

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

TKIY posted:

DG artifacts are not very good unless you want to run a blob of Cultists maybe?

Yeah but that's kind of balanced by the fact that the core rules and detachment rules are fantastic.

Outside of some minor nitpicks (leaving "The Tormented" formation out of Black Legion seems like an error, Fear benefits for Night Lords, A couple of spots where they could have future-proofed better, such as for characters), I love the poo poo out of this supplement. I'm looking forward to using it constantly.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
Atleast most Chaos Legions can stop bitching about no Artificer armor.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Neurolimal posted:

Total pipe dream, but I'm hoping they go peak Troll Workshop and drop hints of Malal in the traitor book (that they then completely dismiss, as is tradition)

Malal will never be mentioned because it was a creation of Wagner and Grant, who later had a falling out. GW does not own the name, and would have to pay royalties if they use it.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

berzerkmonkey posted:

Malal will never be mentioned because it was a creation of Wagner and Grant, who later had a falling out. GW does not own the name, and would have to pay royalties if they use it.

They've done plenty of knockoff versions like Malice, though. Plus I doubt Waggrant are looking to fetch top dollar for a name (or that they'd need it to vaguely reference what is pretty much an injoke)

I'm not even big into his normal appearance (crazy chaos god who has thooper badasses that kill other chaos demons but also nonchaos people), just sayin'

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

VikingSkull posted:

ZM, IIRC (I've never played it) is somewhere in the middle of normal 40k and a true skirmish game. The map setup precludes having huge, mechanized armies.

Also, and as a DA player this is hard to say, those are some fine Wolves.

ZM rules - free download.

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Warhammer_40000/Zone_Mortalis_Expansion.pdf

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
Death Guard rules are so much better than the other legions you begin to wonder, everything else seems a welcome upgrade and more balanced. I'm unfamiliar with the Chaos Marine codex so I'm unsure who all has access to Vets of the Long War, but Relentless, FnP(reroll 1s), Fearless all for the low price of one less Initiative.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
New Made to Orders have been revealed.

Definitely getting the two Inquisitors and the Seraphim, don't actually recognise the Eversor looking dude but he looks rad.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
It's one of the original assassins from RT/2nd. I think it was just called "Imperial Assassin"

I want one.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

TheChirurgeon posted:

scans of Traitor Legions are up on Atia's blog:

Part 1: https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/1468
Part 2: https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/1469

So fuckin hype for this to arrive in my mailbox next week

So great to finally get some serious CSM love. All those legion-specific artifacts are pretty fun options to have, and help give each sub-faction their own feel; as it should be.

E: Astral Grimoire sounds kinda fun. Create some Jump terminators or Jump Rubrics!

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Dec 7, 2016

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
What would be the value of ~200 SM bits, mostly arms with weapons, a dozen lightning claws, backpacks, etc.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Uroboros posted:

Death Guard rules are so much better than the other legions you begin to wonder, everything else seems a welcome upgrade and more balanced. I'm unfamiliar with the Chaos Marine codex so I'm unsure who all has access to Vets of the Long War, but Relentless, FnP(reroll 1s), Fearless all for the low price of one less Initiative.

Basically every infantry unit except cultists has access to VotLW.

Also, if I do go Word Bearers, sweet jesus I'm putting Gift of Mutation on everything that can take it. Both fluffy and funny as hell.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

SteelMentor posted:

Definitely getting the two Inquisitors and the Seraphim, don't actually recognise the Eversor looking dude but he looks rad.

He's a really old (generic) "Imperial Assassin," from before they made the Eversor/Callidus/Vindicare groups.

Uroboros posted:

It's not that hard to work around, but -1 I is a really rough penalty when most of your enemies are I4 or better (space marines, Tyranids, Orks, Eldar, Dark Eldar). The artifacts aren't amazing (though you still have the standard ones), and the gains you get from Relentless are only really worthwhile if you're planning to field a bunch of heavy weapon havocs. Being able to rapid fire bolters and charge is nowhere near as appealing at I3. That said, one reason Death Guard are neck-and-neck with Emperor's Children for "best new rules" is because you can just give everyone power axes or power fists and then the initiative modifier doesn't matter.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
Related note--fluff scans also up on Atia's blog: https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/1470

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Is it just me or does the Emperor's Children Kakophoni sound pretty ridiculous?

Split fire noise marines with shred and +1S?!

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Zaphod42 posted:

Is it just me or does the Emperor's Children Kakophoni sound pretty ridiculous?

Split fire noise marines with shred and +1S?!

You only get the +1S if you take 6 squads of them, but they aren't really worth taking without it, so it's a good change.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

TheChirurgeon posted:

You only get the +1S if you take 6 squads of them, but they aren't really worth taking without it, so it's a good change.

Yeah maybe not the most practical warband ever, but it seems pretty fun.

Also if you could get a slaaneshi psyker and throw some symphony of pain casts around, which stack and further boost noise marine weapons strength against the target.

But 6 squads of noise marines is a ton of points.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

SteelMentor posted:

I absolutely love the preacher with plasmagun and reliquary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Zaphod42 posted:

But 6 squads of noise marines is a ton of points.

Same with 7 squads of Plague Marines, but a -1T bubble is ridiculously good.

• Locked thread