Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Okay, Ammo holder bigger magazine and hail of doom on my multicrossbow. That should delete any ogres.

My blue ore drought continues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

If I don't own DLC but I freeload on a host who has it to play those maps, I can't get DLC weapon drops, right?

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Just play the quick maps on nightmare/cata to keep the blue dough flowing.

Nehru the Damaja posted:

If I don't own DLC but I freeload on a host who has it to play those maps, I can't get DLC weapon drops, right?

yeah I m almost positive you can - just make sure to use the proper trinket

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

you can 100% get the dlc weapons even without the dlc as long as you're playing the maps themselves with the help of a friend

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

On other news the dice hosed me over yet again. I had to roll a 5 or 7 to get a yellow trinket or a red hat but the mothershitting game had to roll a 6 for another pair of gleamslitters (2nd that day)

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Aw hell, it has to be a friend hosting it. It's not like Payday where I can just join some rando hosting.

Lame.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Okay, Ammo holder bigger magazine and hail of doom on my multicrossbow. That should delete any ogres.

My blue ore drought continues.

I've got master crafted hail of doom skullcracker.
Less ammo, but all the damage.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
I'll rephrase:

Skull Cracker does not work with Bows or Crossbows. Only for Gun weapons. We have reported this to Fatshark but the chances of it being fixed are low, as are the chances of them fixing Scavenger and Killing Blow cancelling each other out if they are used together.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Dec 6, 2016

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

:psyduck:

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

I'm just gonna say it now this game is kind of unplayable having gotten used to the 1.5 patch.

No encouragement to use everything in the game. 1.5 is full of amazing performance boosts and optimizations. They even fixed the bug where the bounty board can soft lock the game.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

I can't wait for the new dodge model and bolt staff, cause I'm cheap.

Also, how is dev blow on 1h weapons now? Does it actually suck that hard?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Dual Daggers with 15% killing blow, backstab, and regrowth are hilarious. Even without the 1.5 buffs, I can just spam stabs until a Stormvermin explodes before he even gets an attack in while the dorf yells 'THAT PLINKING DOESN'T MAKE A SCRATCH!' as the thing explodes in blood.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

How are the charge attacks on daggers? I have one with backstabbery perfect balance and regrow charged. I was wondering if I should just skip the red daggers

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

How are the charge attacks on daggers? I have one with backstabbery perfect balance and regrow charged. I was wondering if I should just skip the red daggers

They're a fast overhead stormvermin/Roger killing doublestab. They're really useful for fighting heavies but only hit one target and while they're quick, they're still much slower than the stabspam.

Daggers are basically a weird anti-slave anti-heavy weapon that struggles most with normal Clanrats (though can handle them fine with good pushing and dodging).

E: I would not say Regrowth Charged is likely to get a lot of work done.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

i got a fever

and the only prescription is killing more rat bastards before i'm done (typing this)

edit: the free item today is Kerillian's default hood...with squiggles all over it!

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Dec 7, 2016

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Better than the olive balaclava

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

What about "I'M GETTING TROUNCED"

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Make one that's the elf blaming it on *massive string of unfunny fake racial slurs for humans*

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Rap Three Times
Aug 2, 2013

Thrice, not twice, nay not four times either.
Grimey Drawer
Do any of ye run around with 'Goonintide' in front of your in-game name? Or do you all just meet up through the Mumble channel

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

We use goonintide steam chat and then 10% of the time remember to use the mumble

e: We actually need a vermintide room with the new CTS server. We've had to usurp payday 2 rooms for now.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

I don't use VOIP because it will distract me from my holy mission.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Rap Three Times posted:

Do any of ye run around with 'Goonintide' in front of your in-game name? Or do you all just meet up through the Mumble channel

I just play with randoms. I think I might have gotten into one or two actual Goon games, but it's the exception to the norm. But then I'm a filthy casual who only uses the chatbox (actually this is because my desktop headphone jack is hosed so I need to run my phones through the mic jack thus negating voice chat)

Optimistic Puma
Aug 7, 2007
Where did the seagulls take my sister?
I need an invite! http://steamcommunity.com/id/optimisticpuma

I'm a total newbie to this game, but I did use to play Left4Dead fairly regularly (on xbox360.)

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Digirat posted:

Make one that's the elf blaming it on *massive string of unfunny fake racial slurs for humans*

The Trueflight Longbow: A Love Story

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Dec 7, 2016

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

So THAT'S what happened to the militia in Horn of Magnus.

Kalsco
Jul 26, 2012

I want to hit rats real bad so I jumped onto the Humble Bundle thing, but looking at the thread discussion I feel there is looot of metagame stuff I don't know. Any basic poo poo to know for newbies? Aside from "dodge backwards forever."

Also lookin for that Steam Group invite.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/helloski

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Kalsco posted:

I want to hit rats real bad so I jumped onto the Humble Bundle thing, but looking at the thread discussion I feel there is looot of metagame stuff I don't know. Any basic poo poo to know for newbies? Aside from "dodge backwards forever."

The single biggest one is to try to avoid damage. It is just about never worth it to take damage to do damage. Also, rats run faster than you and often make a little scrabbling noise as they crawl up from the sewers or down from buildings, so keep checking your back regularly. Other than that, just chill out and kill ten million ratpeople.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Blocking covers 360 and you can do it while picking up a team mate. Charging melee attacks for longer doesn't do more damage

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Kalsco posted:

Misc tips.

Tips vs. the rat ogre.

As others will tell you, avoiding damage over dealing damage is the most important thing you can do, which includes preventing teammates from taking damage. Also if you don't run off on your own you will be better than some level 200 players I have met.

Kalsco
Jul 26, 2012

Played the game for a (very!) short while. Initial impressions & questions:

It's fun! It definitely feels like a more melee-focused L4D.
It's like, empty. Of the 6 or so games I attempted to join, like 5 of em were bots with one other person. I'm presuming this is because everyone plays with people they know, and that nobody plays the lower difficulties (tried easy/normal).

What the hell is actually effective against armoured enemies? The tutorial popups have said charged attacks, right-clicking when using the bow, and seemingly most guns because they don't get the "this weapon clearly glanced off their armour" noise weapons do if you're not charging an attack. Fighting Stormvermin kinda feels like I'm fighting against a meatsack because they really don't go down easy, which more often than not leads to everyone dying when they swarm en masse.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

No one plays easy or normal. You should start on Hard

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Kalsco posted:

What the hell is actually effective against armoured enemies? The tutorial popups have said charged attacks, right-clicking when using the bow, and seemingly most guns because they don't get the "this weapon clearly glanced off their armour" noise weapons do if you're not charging an attack. Fighting Stormvermin kinda feels like I'm fighting against a meatsack because they really don't go down easy, which more often than not leads to everyone dying when they swarm en masse.
All melee weapons' charged attacks are armor piercing and therefore effective against stormvermin. However, some weapons also have armor piercing standard attacks like the axes and two-handed hammers. It'll all be listed in the traits of a weapon in the inventory screen. Ranged weapons are similar, but the general rule of thumb is to go for the head. Not all of them penetrate armor so be sure to check the inventory to know what your gear is capable of.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

If loving 3 votes to kick someone won't kick them what the hell function does the vote even serve

I had to suicide bomb a mission just to get this useless deadweight piece of poo poo out

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Kalsco posted:

They are tanky and they are kind of a pain in the butt unless you're packing something to remove them quickly.

Anything whose weapon description says "armor piercing" will kill stormvermin and specials very quickly. Some weapons also get headshots which is nice. Anything that has both is a giant "THIS IS FOR FIGHTING STORMVERMIN" sign.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

And/or look for weapons that have a reliable overhead strike, whether it's charged or default. E.g. elf daggers do an overhead charged strike and sword & dagger go overhead on the second charged attack. Dwarf's 2h hammer has an overhead hit with its basic attack. On nightmare, two bops on the head with the basic hammer strike are killing stormies for me and it's super reliable. In a big mob you can spam the charged attack left to right to keep them knocked back until you've cleared normal rats and can pop the stormies.

SkySteak
Sep 9, 2010
Is anything going to happen to the Sword and Daggers, next patch? I fully admit they're an absolute joy to use and while I am happy that the Daggers are getting buffed, I am afraid they're going to nerf the S&D with it.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

It will probably happen, but as it stands they got buffed. The power attacks do much more damage. I predict Sienna getting nerfed again after making her supremely powerful in Phase 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

What's interesting is the dagger traded their AP doublestab in the light combo for just not having a limited combo in the beta patch. The much more consistent (and constant) light slashes, longer dodge length, better dodge count, and stronger power attack really did it for me.

• Locked thread