Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Flame played decently well in LCK (when he played) against some of the best toplaners in the world. He's going to be fine in NA if he gives slightly more than a gently caress.

Honestly, I think this new Immortals team will be pretty good (for NA).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Ya IMT doesn't look bad to me. Dardoch/Pob are easily top 3 in their respective roles.

Also didn't see if this was posted. Kramer joined Afreeca Freecs. So Afreeca is Kuro and Kramer so far. Kramer was pretty beast in Spring, like probably one of the best performing ads but he fell off in summer along with Madlife.

e: P1 squad got confirmed https://esports.yahoo.com/phoenix1-announces-2017-roster-ryu-arrow-inori-adrian-zig-and-coach-fly-183901393.html

They got the former coach of Tip and coach of RNG at worlds.

Arrow's english is actually pretty good, he speaks in this interview.

Ulio fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Dec 7, 2016

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Ulio posted:

He was number 1 in na soloq kinda hyped up adc in challenger series like Stixxay.

Imo even if Flame isn't as good as his prime I doubt he will have trouble vs NA LCS tops because most of the non KR ones are garbage.

Pobelter+Dardoch is good core for that team. They are pretty strong players even when compared to imports. If Massacre does show potential and has a good support they could do well.

If they get Piccaboo that would be really good because Piccaboo roams a lot and Dardoch invades all the time so their playstyle meshes well. The rumors were saying Duke so I don't know if the Piccaboo's rumor is real.

the incredible imt inter-generational plan of getting

- player who was good in season 3
- player who has been over hyped since season 4
- someone who last played in season 5
- good s6 player
- this last guy who therefore must be the FUTURE of season 7

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Ulio posted:

Ya IMT doesn't look bad to me. Dardoch/Pob are easily top 3 in their respective roles.

Also didn't see if this was posted. Kramer joined Afreeca Freecs. So Afreeca is Kuro and Kramer so far. Kramer was pretty beast in Spring, like probably one of the best performing ads but he fell off in summer along with Madlife.

e: P1 squad got confirmed https://esports.yahoo.com/phoenix1-announces-2017-roster-ryu-arrow-inori-adrian-zig-and-coach-fly-183901393.html

They got the former coach of Tip and coach of RNG at worlds.

Arrow's english is actually pretty good, he speaks in this interview.

Ryu/Arrow on the same team makes me pretty happy, although I don't really have an idea on how good that team is going to be because I frankly didn't watch much of the other players last split.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
IMT won't get relegated

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

LZ's team has all been announced unless they get even more players. Top Expession, Jung Crash, Cuzz, Mid Bdd, Fly, Justice, AD Pray, Sup Gorilla, Zzus.

On paper the roster might look worse but if they can get a coach that is not Lustboy they might actually perform. Also their roster last year had 0 synergy. Crash, cuzz are the only junglers to hit #1 in kR soloq this year and hold it for some time. I still like BDD, CJ was just a mess can't really blame him he did play well in spring. Fly is worse laner than Bdd but a overall smarter and team player.

Some people were saying that Marin, Dandy or Easyhoon might join that team. I definitely don't see Easyhoon joining since they have 3 mids already. Marin is possible because they only have 1 top and they like having many players for each spot. Dandy doesn't seem likely either, they already have 2 highly rated young junglers and I doubt Dandy would want to split time. Maybe Dandy will join another team with Dade or Easyhoon.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
That is...a lot of players.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I disagree that Dardoch and Pobelter are a good core for Immortals. POB plays safe wave clear mages while Dardoch prefers aggressive junglers. Also POB is cool while Dardoch is a poorly groomed child. I also don't have faith in Dylan to actually integrate the mid to late game shot calling, so this may be a slightly worse Immortals roster with less upside. Well, the upside would be the lack of Lucian top but you know

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

Shadow225 posted:

I disagree that Dardoch and Pobelter are a good core for Immortals. POB plays safe wave clear mages while Dardoch prefers aggressive junglers. Also POB is cool while Dardoch is a poorly groomed child. I also don't have faith in Dylan to actually integrate the mid to late game shot calling, so this may be a slightly worse Immortals roster with less upside. Well, the upside would be the lack of Lucian top but you know

When your old top laner is good enough to go to SKT and your new top laner isn't good enough to play in Summer I think Lucian Top is the least of your concerns.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
lol flame isn't good enough to play top in NA? y'all are crazy

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

I don't think he wasn't good enough, expession is a really good player and if u think being benched by him makes you a bad player you're stupid. He was pretty good in LGD everytime he played and was the only player doing well in their worlds campaign. Also the level of skill in LCK is on a whole level universe compared to NA. Hauntzer is the only non import good top and he didn't necessarily look good at worlds. Picked Jayce/Kennen got ahead like 40cs on Looper each game and Looper still had more impact than him. Imo Flame is definitely not CJ Blaze level but he will be good in NA because NA toplaners are bad minus Looper/Impact.This is the same region that has Darshan as a great top player.

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

Firebert posted:

lol flame isn't good enough to play top in NA? y'all are crazy

Good enough to play in NA is a pretty low bar for top laners....

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

Skt just hired a top lamer who couldn't make it out of playoffs. Seems like na actually has the best top laners.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

Work Friend Keven posted:

Skt just hired a top lamer who couldn't make it out of playoffs. Seems like na actually has the best top laners.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

lol

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

Poor SKT how will they ever recover :-(

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

How many other players can achieve a top 50 in the world rank in overwatch while practicing for Playoffs? Tell me that.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

That would require practicing for the playoffs, of which there is no evidence.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
http://www.espn.com/esports/story/_...haser-sang-hyun

oh NA, never stop NAing

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

This better not be like last season where like 8 teams looked cool and only 2 were.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Draft strategy? gently caress it lock in Karma.

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

Shadow225 posted:

That would require practicing for the playoffs, of which there is no evidence.

If you want to be the best at overwatch you have to make sacrifices.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I can't believe Ray got cut he was probably the best rookie of last split in NA. Obviously Sumday is better but I hope someone takes a flyer on Ray.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

this is gonna be like GBM on NRG except its gonna happen for like 8 teams and the finals will be CLG vs TSM

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Radical posted:

this is gonna be like GBM on NRG except its gonna happen for like 8 teams and the finals will be CLG vs TSM

Probably.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
i feel like this is just gonna end up like china and be a bit of a disaster for the most part. maybe one or two of the teams will end up half decent, and TSM will probably be ok as long as they get someone good and not wildturtle

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Dignitas Ssumday

Just think about those two words next to each other for a little bit

Lovechop posted:

i feel like this is just gonna end up like china and be a bit of a disaster for the most part. maybe one or two of the teams will end up half decent, and TSM will probably be ok as long as they get someone good and not wildturtle
This is basically a foregone conclusion imo

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Max Coveri posted:

I uploaded the last match from a recent LAS tournament. It's a Brazilian Challenger team against Cloud9's Challenger squad. If you're not interested yet, it has an Ivern pick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCsNmeopBIM

Man that ori was somethin special, I don't think I've ever seen that many good ults

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Killed By Death posted:

Dignitas Ssumday

Just think about those two words next to each other for a little bit

I don't know if he's really an upgrade from Billyboss tbh

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Lovechop posted:

TSM will probably be ok as long as they get someone good and not wildturtle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6U5hXiM6o4

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

its time for the return of imaqtpie and kiwikid to lead dig back to the glory days baby!

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Imo they will still do good but I don't want to hear Regi say he wants to win worlds anymore when guys like Forgiven, Pray are availaible. I am sure the plan is to keep wt for spring then get dbl back in summer but Forgiven/Piglet/Pray are all way better than Dl.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

literally anyone is better than wildturtle. there's absolutely no upside, he has literally only played with bjerg on the roster. basically you're hoping for a dude who hasn't meaningfully improved in over two years to get better for no reason at all.

unless tsm is afraid of placing so poorly in spring they might have trouble making worlds, but i sincerely doubt a challenger adc or one who can't communicate in any spoken language would be meaningfully worse than WT retread

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Ulio posted:

Imo they will still do good but I don't want to hear Regi say he wants to win worlds anymore when guys like Forgiven, Pray are availaible. I am sure the plan is to keep wt for spring then get dbl back in summer but Forgiven/Piglet/Pray are all way better than Dl.

they didn't even have to shell out the big bucks for pray or a top level korean player, they could have got like... hjarnan. jesus

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

rabidsquid posted:

literally anyone is better than wildturtle. there's absolutely no upside, he has literally only played with bjerg on the roster. basically you're hoping for a dude who hasn't meaningfully improved in over two years to get better for no reason at all.

unless tsm is afraid of placing so poorly in spring they might have trouble making worlds, but i sincerely doubt a challenger adc or one who can't communicate in any spoken language would be meaningfully worse than WT retread

They decided to pick a challenger ADC at random, which is unfairly weighted toward wildturtle because he has like seven challenger accounts

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Didn't you guys hear about Regi not being able to make enough money off League. That must be why he had to get a cheaper NA ADC instead of shelling out the big bux.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I think they didn't want to commit to anything because double lift is coming back in the spring. Given that, I think wild turtle is... reasonable. He's a known commodity, has a pre existing relationship with management & fans, and the last time we actually saw a "random challenger" we got liquid faaaabbbby. I personally hate him, of course.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

To be fair to Fabbyy they let him pick Ashe/Jhin and get camped every game.

WT looked good in spring but imo it was mostly because all his team was really good. In summer he looked avg because they didn't get lead as huge as before. I like WT as a player but doesn't seem TSM caliber also I wonder if DL is really gonna come back.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

I'll be honest I can't tell DL and WT's play apart. They both get big leads on lovely opponents, lose badly to good opponents, and position insanely recklessly and lose their team a game about once every 7-8 matches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
It was probably difficult for TSM to get anyone better than Wildturtle. I mean if you are a Forgiven-calibre player would you go to TSM on the condition that you could be replaced at the whims of Doublelift and Regi?

• Locked thread