Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

kiimo posted:

That was a Thursday game? Also did it have playoff implications or just undefeated implications? Did it determine who wins a conference, who gets the 1 seed and the bye and the home field advantage?

Obviously it was more interesting.

Technically "Thursday Night Football", it was a TNF broadcast on Saturday. Boxscore here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

You need a guy with super bowl experience.

Someone who helped develop a league MVP

Someone with an impeccable family name

Someone hungry to redeem their self.

That's right; you need mike Shula.
We'll gently caress up the Haley and Shula negotiations and hire Darrell Bevell instead.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

kiimo posted:

That was a Thursday game? Also did it have playoff implications or just undefeated implications? Did it determine who wins a conference, who gets the 1 seed and the bye and the home field advantage?

Obviously it was more interesting.

Crap no, I looked it up and I'm wrong: it was actually on Saturday. It was the last "Thursday Night Football" game that was NFL Network only, but because the ban on Saturday games expires in mid-december it was on Saturday and not Thursday. Whoops!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The Chiefs haven't been in a Super Bowl since 1969 even though Lamar Hunt named the loving thing but yeah we all want the goddam Raiders to win it just in time to let their team walk to Vegas.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

It would make their transition a hell of a lot more successful and also gently caress every other AFCW team.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Even if the Rams only get one more win, Fisher isn't getting fired. All I can think of for why Rams fans are still convinced there's a chance he even is canned this year is shellshock from all of this 1) happening before and 2) happening again

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

And Seattle too, just cuz.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

kiimo posted:

The Chiefs haven't been in a Super Bowl since 1969 even though Lamar Hunt named the loving thing but yeah we all want the goddam Raiders to win it just in time to let their team walk to Vegas.

Unironically yes, it would own really hard

I would be very happy with a Chiefs win too

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Cheap Trick souvenirs posted:

I think we all want Oakland to win the SB.

We rate this claim as false.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Grittybeard posted:

Christ I don't even know you anymore. You should at least be cheering for a meteor or something.

Blame Parm.

Also the Raiders are fun to watch even though I hate them. And I'm sick of it being Denver and KC every year. Is this what you guys felt like when San Diego was winning 5 division titles in 6 years in the mid 2000s?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
^^--I think I concentrated most of my hatred toward my own team when San Diego was real good

The Dolphins nomination for Walter Payton Man of the Year award is Mike Pouncey. Ok then...

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

It would make their transition a hell of a lot more successful and also gently caress every other AFCW team.

That anyone other than Chargers fans can hate the Chargers is weird to me. What's hateable about a garbage, historically irrelevant team?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

a neat cape posted:

That anyone other than Chargers fans can hate the Chargers is weird to me. What's hateable about a garbage, historically irrelevant team?

The way they treat their players and their fans.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

The way they treat their players and their fans.

Well yeah, management, duh. I meant the actual team

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/806586487437459456

the browns found a way to lose the bye!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Phil Rivers is cool but the organization is so colossally lovely it's enough to want them to not have nice things.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

yeah, I kinda hate the Chargers ownership and management, though I hate almost all ownership, so it goes.

Honestly, I think I'd only be annoyed if the Broncos or Seahawks won the superbowl this year, just about everyone else is either a nice story or inoffensive. The Cowboys fanbase would become the Seahawks fanbase cranked up to 12 across this nation if they win though, that would make the next year or so rough.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

a neat cape posted:

thirteen games straight and LaDainian Tomlinson mostly

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Hell, there's Patriots fans who loathe the Bills more then anything.

Like unless some toothless allentown methhead in a Thurman Thomas jersey tried to powerbomb your child into the bed of a Chevy, how could you hate those guys?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Blitz7x posted:

Philip Rivers face and the horrible things that people do to it on the internet are way up there for me.

Thank God John Elway played most of his career before the internet was around.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

I'm very happy that the Lions are going to be winning the Super Bowl, but if I had to choose an opponent, I'd probably pick the Raiders or Ravens.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Blitz7x posted:

Fair.

Go Raiders though

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Throwing this out there since I just found out about it and :laugh: Hand size:

Derek Carr: 9 1/8"
Alex Smith: 9 3/8"

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Jon Bois made a video on Scorigami:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9l5C8cGMueY

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Dec 7, 2016

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Steve Smith is more of a Grumpy Bear imo.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I've always mildly liked the Chargers because I liked Junior Seau a lot as a preteen. I also have never really minded the Raiders, I hate them as a divisional rival but I like their fan base and Al Davis and players like Woodson and Mack.

The Broncos franchise and fanbase (not TFF!) is loving garbage though

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

Throwing this out there since I just found out about it and :laugh: Hand size:

Derek Carr: 9 1/8"
Alex Smith: 9 3/8"

Derek Carr: Tiny Hands. Can't win below 40 degrees. Coincidence?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:siren:VINDICATION:siren:

quote:

With one more loss, Chip Kelly's 49ers would be guaranteed a worse record than Jim Tomsula's 49ers.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Gynecolojustice posted:

I've always mildly liked the Chargers because I liked Junior Seau a lot as a preteen. I also have never really minded the Raiders, I hate them as a divisional rival but I like their fan base and Al Davis and players like Woodson and Mack.

Nice red title you have there.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Kalli posted:

Hell, there's Patriots fans who loathe the Bills more then anything.

Like unless some toothless allentown methhead in a Thurman Thomas jersey tried to powerbomb your child into the bed of a Chevy, how could you hate those guys?

Props for knowing an actual district of downtown Buffalo, drat.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

We hire the opposite of what we just fired and since Rex had "a presence", albeit a lovely one that continually got him crucified in the media, we went in the opposite direction.

I really don't care that Bowles let the media know before Fitz because whatever. It's not like they need to maintain the relationship; he's gone.

I don't care about how lovely Bowles is in press conferences at all or his bad optics. The product on the field and his decisions in game are what looks bad for him. NTM the awful staff he hired which is one of my bigger criticisms of his.

Diva Cupcake posted:

We'll gently caress up the Haley and Shula negotiations and hire Darrell Bevell instead.

NO MORE hotshot assistant who have no HC experience. They need someone with some level of gravitas. I wouldn't even fire Bowles unless they can get a coach with a proven track record.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Dec 7, 2016

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Gynecolojustice posted:

Yeah

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

pubic works project posted:

Nice red title you have there.

Hmm I said something similar to some poster in the Kap thread, it's probably them

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

mcmagic posted:

I don't care about how lovely Bowles is in press conferences at all or his bad optics. The product on the field and his decisions in game are what looks bad for him. NTM the awful staff he hired which is one of my bigger criticisms of his.

NO MORE hotshot assistant who have no HC experience. They need someone with some level of gravitas. I wouldn't even fire Bowles unless they can get a coach with a proven track record.

Shula was the head coach of the Alabama crimson tide!

fired for being too conservative

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The other thing that annoys me about Bowles is that I don't think he's any more involved in the offense than Rex was which is just not what good HC's do.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Nick Perry is out this week, we can finally stop pretending the Packers have a shot at winning, let alone making the playoffs.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Hmm. Parm Was Right. But nobody listened and now look Where We Are. I hope KC gets blown the gently caress out.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Kalli posted:

yeah, I kinda hate the Chargers ownership and management, though I hate almost all ownership, so it goes.

Honestly, I think I'd only be annoyed if the Broncos or Seahawks won the superbowl this year, just about everyone else is either a nice story or inoffensive. The Cowboys fanbase would become the Seahawks fanbase cranked up to 12 across this nation if they win though, that would make the next year or so rough.

I don't think the Seahawks are doing it this year, Thomas is too important to the defense and the offense isn't good enough to balance out the dropoff on that end.

So it'll be the Cowboys vs the Patriots in the Super Bowl, the perfect turd coda for the shittiest year.

please god let someone upset Dallas in the divisional

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Apologize to Parm

• Locked thread