Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

greatn posted:

... exciting innovative indie developers who have to live off of scraps and begging people to please pay them for their games by bundling them with other stuff you may or may not want ...
There's another scenario, like the Wii U eShop, where it's clogged with a glut of mediocre indies, to the point they take would take up all the menus if Nintendo didn't give their own stuff priority, and typically want $5 or more for a boring piece of garbage that I would skip in a $3 PC game bundle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

greatn posted:

PC gaming is a race to the bottom that is killing creative games from major studios and making it only feasible for them to shovel out repetitive "safe" AAA garbage, and also exciting innovative indie developers who have to live off of scraps and begging people to please pay them for their games by bundling them with other stuff you may or may not want. Please spend $800 for a rig that can play modern games with decent settings and be obsolete in three years unless you continuously update it, while desperate developers move their resources to cash grab mobile titles. Give all your money to valve for games you mostly don't even play because they were on sale.

:lol: Source your quotes

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Patter Song posted:

Galaxy, which is also 480p, but widescreen and 60FPS.

Could the Wii really output a 31kHz signal?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

greatn posted:

The gyro is in the joycons my main man.
Yeah I get it. But without the screen to look at where you're aiming I don't know if they would do it.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

CrashCat posted:

Yeah I get it. But without the screen to look at where you're aiming I don't know if they would do it.

i think the idea is that you'd be looking at the game while you play it so you'd probably see where you're aiming

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
You gotta use your eyes? What is this, a game for babies?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

sirbeefalot posted:

You gotta use your eyes? What is this, a game for babies?

Yeah, it's a Nintendo console :v:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

greatn posted:

Please spend $800 for a rig that can play modern games with decent settings and be obsolete in three years unless you continuously update it, while desperate developers move their resources to cash grab mobile titles.

Haha this hasn't been true for years. Every PC game is filled with people saying "I have a 2500K (a CPU from 7 years ago), can I play this game?" The answer is always yes because PC hardware doesn't make the leaps and bounds it once did.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Cojawfee posted:

Haha this hasn't been true for years. Every PC game is filled with people saying "I have a 2500K (a CPU from 7 years ago), can I play this game?" The answer is always yes because PC hardware doesn't make the leaps and bounds it once did.

I don't know man I bought a new laptop last year it can't play anything more recent than the Elder Scrolls III.

I didn't get one with a graphics card because why should I have to worry about that poo poo. And I didn't get a tower because why the gently caress would I buy a computer I can't take with me and easily move from room to room.

I use my WiiU pro controller on it to play Cave Story sometimes.

After the switch comes out I'll ask the same question of game consoles. Why the gently caress would I buy a game console I can't take with me and move easily from room to room?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I haven't upgraded my mid-range pc in about 3 years and have yet to find something that I can't play on max settings.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

greatn posted:

After the switch comes out I'll ask the same question of game consoles. Why the gently caress would I buy a game console I can't take with me and move easily from room to room?

We have a console for that, it's called the Nintendo Switch.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
If the switch is going to have gamecube VC games, doesn't that mean it will have Wii VC games since they are the same thing? :smugdog:

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Melee!!!

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

greatn posted:

I don't know man I bought a new laptop last year it can't play anything more recent than the Elder Scrolls III.

I didn't get one with a graphics card because why should I have to worry about that poo poo. And I didn't get a tower because why the gently caress would I buy a computer I can't take with me and easily move from room to room.

This is what you do : You build your own pc, have your own laptop, and buy Nintendo titles for your console.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

greatn posted:

You buying a lovely laptop and judging all of pc gaming based on that says more about you than it does pc gaming, hth

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
My lovely laptop does everything I need a computer to do, has great battery life and durability and a really looking screen.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Besides play bad rear end games

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
That's what Nintendo consoles exist for

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

bef posted:

Melee!!!

Nintendo was willing to modify RBY to enable trading and Pokebank, could they be willing to modify Melee to enable online play?

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

Nintendo was willing to modify RBY to enable trading and Pokebank, could they be willing to modify Melee to enable online play?

They modified RBY to enable local trading, not online trading. They'll modify Melee to enable local play.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

bef posted:

Besides play bad rear end games
It's okay, they can still play bad, rear end games on it

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't want Gamecube VC, I want a full HD remake of Killer 7.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Decus posted:

They modified RBY to enable local trading, not online trading. They'll modify Melee to enable local play.

Almost. They're modified to work with PokeBank, when that gets an update for Sun/Moon.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

um they're deffo modified to use the 3ds wireless for local trades

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

bef posted:

Melee!!!

Rouge squadron and the bond games (everything or nothing) and beyond good and evil from that era please.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

LionArcher posted:

Rouge squadron

Is this some kind of Sonic/Star Wars crossover?

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

thexerox123 posted:

Is this some kind of Sonic/Star Wars crossover?

Edit, goddamn phone posting.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

LionArcher posted:

Rouge squadron and the bond games (everything or nothing) and beyond good and evil from that era please.

All the bond games of that console generation sucked

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

greatn posted:

All the bond games of that console generation sucked

I remember everything or nothing being really fun. This may have been me being like 15 though. Unsure about that.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
What we should really hope for is TimeSplitters 2 and 3.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

LionArcher posted:

Look at all those games that will never happen plus BG&E

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I want Thousand Year Door so I can finally play it.

Also Gladius, the best Gamecube/Xbox/PS2 gamd :colbert:

PS1 Hagrid
Sep 17, 2007

Eagerly awaiting the VC release of greatest Gamecube game Doshin The Giant.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
If Beyond Good & Evil 2 actually is Switchsclusive I would not be surprised if the first one ends up available. Would buy that since the PC version is poo poo.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Lodin posted:

If Beyond Good & Evil 2 actually is Switchsclusive I would not be surprised if the first one ends up available. Would buy that since the PC version is poo poo.

If BG&E came to the Switch it'd likely be a port of the HD Remaster.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Almost. They're modified to work with PokeBank, when that gets an update for Sun/Moon.

Nope, that's not modifying the game at all. That's modifying pokebank to read into its save file structure. The only modification they made to the game was either wrapping or altering its local trade from linked to local wireless.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
What's poo poo about the BG&E PC version? That's literally the only one I've played, on my brothers PC when it originally came out. I %100ed it, seemed fine.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

All these drat leaks and no sign of a new Animal Crossing game. That announcement would make me the happiest.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
There is a new animal crossing game coming out by next March in fact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Cojawfee posted:

Not on the CPU front, but GPUs have made huge leaps. Old rear end CPUs are still fine because most games tax the GPU instead.

greatn posted:

What's poo poo about the BG&E PC version? That's literally the only one I've played, on my brothers PC when it originally came out. I %100ed it, seemed fine.

Absolutely nothing other than it requiring a third party resolution fix because it's fucky on modern systems, sound too but that's not that bad. I just 100% it on PC two weeks ago for like the 4th time.

• Locked thread