Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

Since i used credits for low profile, I'll be able to keep that, though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Lemon-Lime posted:

If you regen, you will go to generation 2 level 1 and lose access to everything except for Low Profile and any gear available at level 1. When you re-unlock titans or the Volt (or any other weapon), those will be whatever level they currently are.
Low Profile is locked. It was unlocked for you because you bought it, presumably.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

How does regeneration work for titans and guns? I assume for guns at 20 (or 21?) you'll have the option to regenerate it, re-locking all the attachments? What level do titans regenerate at?

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Oxyclean posted:

How does regeneration work for titans and guns? I assume for guns at 20 (or 21?) you'll have the option to regenerate it, re-locking all the attachments? What level do titans regenerate at?
Guns and titans don't lose their unlocks when they regenerate

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Cat Machine posted:

Low Profile is locked. It was unlocked for you because you bought it, presumably.

pakman posted:

the only thing i have bought with credits is the Low Profile perk.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

What gives weapons XP? Pilot/titan kills only? I'm trying to level my MGL, but it's hard to get XP when I don't strike a killing blow specifically. Does dooming titans make XP?

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
I think you get a pip for assists with the AT weapons. My MGL is like G6 or something from just constant use.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://twitter.com/Titanfallgame/status/806543309183315968

:toot:

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

AirRaid posted:

I think you get a pip for assists with the AT weapons. My MGL is like G6 or something from just constant use.

Oh, thanks! Can anyone confirm this? Is it the same across the PC and console versions?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Wait, what is XP? I thought pilot levelling was based on merits, and guns/titans levelled on kills? Or is it just that everything will count for double?

Skyscraper posted:

Oh, thanks! Can anyone confirm this? Is it the same across the PC and console versions?

It's felt like my MGL has only gotten points on Titan Kills? I remember tagging a lot of titans with the anti-titan laser beam a whole bunch and I don't think it has any points/levels yet.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I'm heading towards my fifth regen and I have absolutely no consistency still. Some games I'm the King of the Earth and other days i'm just trash.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

Oxyclean posted:

Wait, what is XP? I thought pilot levelling was based on merits, and guns/titans levelled on kills? Or is it just that everything will count for double?

If it's like the doritos codes, it'll double the number of merits you get at the end of a match. So your weapons will go up up at the same speed, but your level will increase twice as fast

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Besides stealing the battery, is there anything else you can do when you rodeo an enemy Titan?

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

Chill Penguin posted:

Besides stealing the battery, is there anything else you can do when you rodeo an enemy Titan?

If you already have a battery, you'll instead drop a grenade into the battery port. Those are the only two options.

e: "option" might be too generous of a word, they do the same amount of damage (I think?). You're just given a different animation depending if you have a battery on you or not.

Wazzit fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Dec 7, 2016

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

Wazzit posted:

If you already have a battery, you'll instead drop a grenade into the battery port. Those are the only two options.

e: "option" might be too generous of a word, they do the same amount of damage (I think?). You're just given a different animation depending if you have a battery on you or not.

It's a shame there isn't an option to drop both Satchels after pulling the battery. Satcheling isn't the most effective tactic, but it is by far the most fun being able to do it as part of the rodeo attack would just make it more hilarious and fun.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I got some more XP codes. I guess I'll save them for this weekend and get quadruple XP.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Be sure to do it during happy hour!

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Finally hit 50 and regenerated last night! After re-unlocking it, I finally used the L-Star with the grapple kit. It's... not the worst? I can see it being pretty bad in sweaties but tarzanning around and magdumping stupid red lasers like a coked up stormtrooper was a lot of fun.

Edit: I think it's because it feels like it has a usable hipfire compared to the sidewinder.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I've tried both stim and phase shift and can't get into it. Grapple is the only kit that feels right for me.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

What does extra ammo even do on the LSTAR? Make it so it doesn't overheat as quickly?

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Chill Penguin posted:

Enjoy the view from up there.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Finally hit 50 and regenerated last night! After re-unlocking it, I finally used the L-Star with the grapple kit. It's... not the worst? I can see it being pretty bad in sweaties but tarzanning around and magdumping stupid red lasers like a coked up stormtrooper was a lot of fun.

Edit: I think it's because it feels like it has a usable hipfire compared to the sidewinder.

Yeah, L-Star's probably my favourite MG, even if it's not the best. That would be Devotion but you can't really Go Fast (tm) with it and it doesn't explode people.

Not gonna lie, I pretty much play all my loadouts, except Grenadier, like I play SMGs.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

ninjahedgehog posted:

What does extra ammo even do on the LSTAR? Make it so it doesn't overheat as quickly?

Yeah.

Old weapon values spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nxDADMLQfHCO6Z-hO0Dv5FJ1HSv7JsPEdcfQpoELRkg/edit#gid=1950122771

It's 5 more shots before overheat, so completely not worth it.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

No other Titans around, might as well use this core.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
I saw this posted on reddit and it is so stupidly amazing I had to share:

https://gfycat.com/ScalyRemorsefulAmericanwigeon

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

AirRaid posted:

You used to, but it seems like they broke something in the patch since none of my weapons have been getting pips for assists anymore. Pre-patch you used to get pips for any type of assist, pilot or titan, but I used the Thunderbolt a whole bunch the other day only only got a single pip towards leveling it over the course of a dozen games or so because none of the assists gave it any pips.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Same problem here. I use the thunderbolt much more often now but it's stuck at level 2 because it never gets the finishing blow.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Getting hits should level an AT weapon regardless of whether or not you get the killing blow.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Nalin posted:

I saw this posted on reddit and it is so stupidly amazing I had to share:

https://gfycat.com/ScalyRemorsefulAmericanwigeon

I saw people doing something like this at the end of a game where we got stomped. Dozens of pilots running around. Is it a glitch?

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

veni veni veni posted:

Getting hits should level an AT weapon regardless of whether or not you get the killing blow.
Hence me saying that they broke it in the Angel City patch

Before the patch I managed to get the Thunderbolt to level 3 in a single match just by firing it randomly at Titans, after it I only get pips for killing blows

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Stan Taylor posted:

I saw people doing something like this at the end of a game where we got stomped. Dozens of pilots running around. Is it a glitch?

Nah, he's just saving up all his Holopilot Novas and using them at the end of the match. You can stack your Boosts and they don't overwrite each other.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
What!?! So you mean I can just stack up turrets or a swarm of ticks if I was so inclined?

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Insert name here posted:

You used to, but it seems like they broke something in the patch since none of my weapons have been getting pips for assists anymore. Pre-patch you used to get pips for any type of assist, pilot or titan, but I used the Thunderbolt a whole bunch the other day only only got a single pip towards leveling it over the course of a dozen games or so because none of the assists gave it any pips.

Yeah, that makes sense. I regenerated my first time the night of the patch, and hadn't used the MGL in super long, so I just figured that I had gotten way rusty with it.

Does killing Reapers yield XP, or did it pre-patch?

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

What!?! So you mean I can just stack up turrets or a swarm of ticks if I was so inclined?

Yeah, there are videos of people setting up entire firing squads of anti-pilot turrets in front of evac dropships. It's glorious.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Nah, he's just saving up all his Holopilot Novas and using them at the end of the match. You can stack your Boosts and they don't overwrite each other.

I didn't know this. That explains the earlier linked video where there were 3-4 sentry turrets down.

Is there any visual indicator or HUD icon reflecting that you have multiple boosts stored? Because I don't think I've seen any.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Insert name here posted:

Hence me saying that they broke it in the Angel City patch

Before the patch I managed to get the Thunderbolt to level 3 in a single match just by firing it randomly at Titans, after it I only get pips for killing blows

I started using the MGL after the patch and it has definitely leveled just from landing hits.

Dred_furst
Nov 19, 2007

"Hey look, I'm flying a giant dong"
Have some jiffs, No you can't use that laser core
https://giant.gfycat.com/BigHappygoluckyDrake.webm
https://giant.gfycat.com/TotalWeirdIrishwaterspaniel.webm
https://giant.gfycat.com/PoshLivelyCrocodileskink.webm

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

a shameful boehner posted:

I didn't know this. That explains the earlier linked video where there were 3-4 sentry turrets down.

Is there any visual indicator or HUD icon reflecting that you have multiple boosts stored? Because I don't think I've seen any.

At the bottom left there'll be a indicator for your boost and tickboxes next to it if it has more than one use. They ticks will stack up as you acquire more.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

ninjahedgehog posted:

Yeah, there are videos of people setting up entire firing squads of anti-pilot turrets in front of evac dropships. It's glorious.

Well I know what I'm doing next time I go online

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Well I know what I'm doing next time I go online

Haha same. This will be fun.