Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Soral posted:

gently caress

Enjoy your Docile Tapu Koko lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soral
May 30, 2009

hes lonely actually

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i think you have to beat the E4 again to respawn the tapus

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Soral posted:

hes lonely actually

a solitary tapu who fights alone

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
can't wait to catch all of the island guardians and put them to work in the rare item mine on my private island

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

They should have made it clearer that there's no way to miss legendaries in this game. Even if you knock one of them out it just hangs out in the same place until you catch it

wait gently caress

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

In Training posted:

They should have made it clearer that there's no way to miss legendaries in this game. Even if you knock one of them out it just hangs out in the same place until you catch it

And as for the ultra beasts- they respawn instantly. I grinded a good amount of XP on the level 70 Guzzlord

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

that ivy guy posted:

And as for the ultra beasts- they respawn instantly. I grinded a good amount of XP on the level 70 Guzzlord

hmmm. Hmmm

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Does anyone with Moon wanna trade ultra beasts at some point, maybe tomorrow? As in, I'll catch kartana and buzzwole with the natures you want and name them, etc, if you do the same?

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Ristolaz posted:

hmmm. Hmmm

I accidentally one-hit KO'd it with a fairy move and was pleasantly surprised lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Ristolaz posted:

Does anyone with Moon wanna trade ultra beasts at some point, maybe tomorrow? As in, I'll catch kartana and buzzwole with the natures you want and name them, etc, if you do the same?

Yeah for sure, I still haven't caught nihelgo yet. Not today as I want to try and finish the last guardian but tomorrow maybe.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

In Training posted:

i beat up tapu koko in one hit with my anchor guy. he waso nly level 49 lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I just beat the first ub fight in the lab and apparently it was supposed to run away but I killed it with one razor leaf lol

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I'm way behind everyone else because I've been playing FFXV and a couple other games, but holy poo poo the plot of this game ramped up in a way I did not expect.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

"Take nebby on lots of adventures with you!"

*looks at the 3 other ghost types on my team* ya sure lol *throws one of a kind pokemon in to digital box*

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm way behind everyone else because I've been playing FFXV and a couple other games, but holy poo poo the plot of this game ramped up in a way I did not expect.

The second half of this game was so much fun to play and I'm trying to pin down why, but I loved how batshit it all got. GF should do crazy stuff more often.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I just beat the first ub fight in the lab and apparently it was supposed to run away but I killed it with one razor leaf lol

yeah I somehow left it with one HP within the time limit and it got away afterwards, so I assumed the game was hard-coded to let it survive and flee... guess I'm wrong!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

yeah the plot goes nuts n a really fun way. ir eally like the writing in this, it's charming n a natural way aand the characters are all a lot of fun

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ia lso really like hau as kind of an inversion of the rival archetype, hes just a goofy kid whos going on th same adventure as you and wants to eat a bunch of donuts

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Fungah! posted:

ia lso really like hau as kind of an inversion of the rival archetype, hes just a goofy kid whos going on th same adventure as you and wants to eat a bunch of donuts
I kind of like the idea that you're the rival this time. you get to all the challenges first, you picked the starter that's strong against his, he's goofy and carefree etc

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

you picked the starter that's strong against his,

ooooooo

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I kind of like the idea that you're the rival this time. you get to all the challenges first, you picked the starter that's strong against his, he's goofy and carefree etc

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Evil Eagle posted:

Yeah for sure, I still haven't caught nihelgo yet. Not today as I want to try and finish the last guardian but tomorrow maybe.

yeah I havent started the quests yet but I hopefully will tomorrow. What natures do you want

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

im lucky

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

:stare:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i feel bad for hau. his raichu might get in a glass cannon shot but his team is horrible. he slowly goes from ":D haha i just love a good battle" to " :| this is getting kind of frustrating" throughout the game lol

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

who's the quick ball :p

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

that ivy guy posted:

who's the quick ball :p

talongflame, to hatch them

Tonesy
Apr 15, 2004

QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE
this whole 'catch 100,000,000' quest is just shameful

Soral
May 30, 2009

gamefreak vastly overestimated how much catching people do. if the quest was hatch 100,000,000 eggs it would be done by now

Soral
May 30, 2009

Evil Eagle posted:

You're going to be owned by the pre-IV check boss.

i wiped his team with 2 of my 3 guys... i'm at like level 65 lol

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Soral posted:

gamefreak vastly overestimated how much catching people do. if the quest was hatch 100,000,000 eggs it would be done by now

Its some horseshit. I want my 2000 FC

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

100,000,000 seems like a ridiculously lofty goal but considering there's like 15 million copies out there that's 5 or 10 catches a copy. Should have been done by now

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

In Training posted:

100,000,000 seems like a ridiculously lofty goal but considering there's like 15 million copies out there that's 5 or 10 catches a copy. Should have been done by now

You gotta register on global link tho. Igotta imagine a minority of ppl do that

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

*gives my ds to 10yr old* Catch 100 million pokemon for me by the end of the day and I'll teach you college level swearwords

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Ristolaz posted:

yeah I havent started the quests yet but I hopefully will tomorrow. What natures do you want

Adamant Buzzwole and Jolly Kartana. You?

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

What's this ebrietas motherfucjer

Nvm I looked up the ability and it told me. Drampa

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Nice...

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Dang I'm far behind everyone. I'm just now finishing up island 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Evil Eagle posted:

Adamant Buzzwole and Jolly Kartana. You?

I looked it up and looks like I need weird natures for both, sorry if thats a PITA. Sassy celesteela named "Brampy" and naughty pheremosa named "Vipppis"

• Locked thread