Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Awesome Welles posted:

Glad to see Super but, christ, loving finally on getting the Buu saga. I can't be bothered to sit through Z anymore, so glad they're finishing dubbing all of Kai at last.

buu saga didn't need a kai tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Spidder posted:

US dubs being retarded and kiddifying scripts/editing shows in an absurd and embarassing way does not excuse the DBZ dub at all. It's still terrible regardless of the cirumstanes of other dubs at the time.

I am not familiar with the new FUNimation dub. While I don't doubt that the script got better, and I appreciate them for trying, as long as they kept the same godawful, grating, amateurish voice actors for Goku, Piccolo, Krillin, Bulma, Gohan and other main characters that appear in almost every episode, it's still poo poo.

i didnt finish reading this post but it's really bad

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

You're probably right as it's been so long since I've watched it but DBZ is one of the few shows I almost exclusively watch for with the dub and, although a lot of the voices had improved a bit by the time the Buu saga rolled around during the original broadcast, I have no desire to go back to the original voices any time soon.

Sabat's Piccolo/Vegeta voices are so much better now IMO.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Manatee Cannon posted:

I watched the whole thing minus the like 8 filler Gohan high school episodes and it stands up pretty well.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

not watching the gohan filler episodes is hosed up and why the kai version will be worse

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Manatee Cannon posted:

not watching the gohan filler episodes is hosed up and why the kai version will be worse

They're all bad and boring and not fun and I just wanted to get to the fun parts of fighting Buu :colbert:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Manatee Cannon posted:

Having watched it in the last month or so, I couldn't disagree more. The fights with the various iterations of Buu are so unnecessarily drawn out. Holy poo poo. So much posturing and fake-outs and other bullshit.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Aurora posted:

They're all bad and boring and not fun and I just wanted to get to the fun parts of fighting Buu :colbert:

the great saiyaman is filler's gift to you and you spit in his face

shameful

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I mean that's just a side-effect of Buu itself being long and drawn out as far as a fight goes. Frieza and Cell were both contained to the tail ends of their arcs but Buu is spread out over most of the saga and actually most of the focus.

For example it's only like 3 or 4 episodes of Gotenks fighting Buu.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Manatee Cannon posted:

the great saiyaman is filler's gift to you and you spit in his face

shameful

there's plenty of saiyaman that isn't in those episodes :colbert:

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Ruggington posted:

i didnt finish reading this post but it's really bad

Well, what do you expect? It's in English.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

:same:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Dexo posted:

they used the Abridged voices for those.

Honestly this is what I think actually happened and I want it to be real so badly

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

TheKingofSprings posted:

Honestly this is what I think actually happened and I want it to be real so badly

That would be perfect

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
And a new clip is on Adult Swim's Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/adultswim/

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Wait are they really doing both at the same time?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Wait are they really doing both at the same time?

Sounds like Super's gonna actually air before Buu Kai.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Dexo posted:

Sounds like Super's gonna actually air before Buu Kai.

How would that work

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

CharlestheHammer posted:

How would that work

"Most of our audience already knows this story so we don't need to worry about people being confused."

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

dbz was always popular and I doubt they'd care about doubling up on that in adult swim. everyone that cares about super saw the buu saga years ago anyway so it's not like they'd be worried about spoiling anything

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Gonna be honest I skipped most of Super and just started watching when Trunks shows up. And I feel like I missed nothing. People will be just fine if they missed Buu, it's not like anybody important in it shows up much anyways.

If people are missing poo poo they can catch all of it on YouTube in clip form, really.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

New Leaf posted:

Having watched it in the last month or so, I couldn't disagree more. The fights with the various iterations of Buu are so unnecessarily drawn out. Holy poo poo. So much posturing and fake-outs and other bullshit.

I tried to watch it through and gave up when Vegeta and Goku fused.

It starts fairly brisk but gets slower and slower and has more pointless stages tacked on as the population of earth ticks down.

Garlick Jr. is a joy to watch by comparison.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

CharlestheHammer posted:

How would that work

It's like a dbz hour thing. Kai airs first then super.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

TFRazorsaw posted:

"Most of our audience already knows this story so we don't need to worry about people being confused."

No I mean Super is an ongoing with no sign of stopping.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

they have like 70 episodes to dub of super before they catch up and the buu kai dub was finished ages ago I thought

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I hope they use the blu-rays

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Aurora posted:

I hope they use the blu-rays

buu-rays

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

in an attempt to pander to the aging western audience for dragon ball, buu saga kai will be sold exclusively on vhs/dvd

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Manatee Cannon posted:

in an attempt to pander to the aging western audience for dragon ball, buu saga kai will be sold exclusively on vhs/dvd

Better have one of those old Manga intros on the front.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKVMUGwKcLE

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Aurora posted:

how would you know if you didn't watch them??

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
the actual weird thing about this super/buu kai airing back to back thing is that the buu kai dub was done in 2013, so kid trunks and android 18 will still have their old (or in 18's case, her new-but-now-replaced-by-the-old) voice actors

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Dec 8, 2016

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

TheKingofSprings posted:

Gonna be honest I skipped most of Super and just started watching when Trunks shows up. And I feel like I missed nothing.

No, you missed out on a ton. Like an entire tournament and the whole God's thing.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I would at least watch the universal tournament.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea watch at least the battle of the gods movie and the universe tourney arc. Resurrection F is totally skippable

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Does Super's version of Resurrection [F] have the song?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea watch at least the battle of the gods movie and the universe tourney arc. Resurrection F is totally skippable

Saw Battle of Gods, saw Resurrection F, I doubt Hit or those other U6 dorks will matter beyond baseball filler.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Technically the have as much relevance as ROF.

It's also a lot more entertaining than ROF.

ROF is trash so low bar.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the first half of rof is really good. it just stops being that once the cow guy joins in the fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Eh it's not that good either people like it but that is because they have a weird fixation with the supporting characters getting meaningless fights.

Which I don't so it did nothing for me.

• Locked thread