Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

The_Doctor posted:

A sequel? So this isn't an ongoing series..?

As with all anime nowadays, assume one 12 ep season until a second cour is confirmed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013
https://twitter.com/spicaterribIe/status/805071548306653184

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***

i nearly pissed myself laughing at this. Its so true.

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

:catdrugs:
Yuuri needs to drink more often.

Blue Nation
Nov 25, 2012

Gibbering posted:

Yuuri needs to drink more often.

:same:

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

Was this episode real? Am I still asleep?

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

Oh my god, I've only seen the Tumblr spoilers, but I'm so loving excited

SO loving EXCITED

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Come on, Crunchyroll!

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Gnossiennes posted:

Oh my god, I've only seen the Tumblr spoilers, but I'm so loving excited

SO loving EXCITED

Can you post a link to those spoilers?

I have no self control.

Blue Nation
Nov 25, 2012

Torrannor posted:

Can you post a link to those spoilers?

I have no self control.

http://fencer-x.tumblr.com/ most recent posts are bits of the episode.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I can't believe I was originally only going to watch this show if they dropped the queerbaiting and actually kissed. I can't believe how this show sailed over that bar and straight into the stuff of dreams.

Vastakaiun
Apr 16, 2008

Gibbering posted:

Was this episode real? Am I still asleep?

This.

How does this show keep getting better/gayer?

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
This episode confirmed for me that my favorite episodes with this show are the ones with the least amount of skating. It was real real good.

Especially the credits

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

i am finding it hard to believe that what i just watched is real. i think i might actually be dead as a result of this anime

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Okay, Yuri on Ice now has the best ED this season.

CryingAthena
Nov 12, 2013
I cannot stop smiling. I had a seriously crappy day that I spent in bed depressed but this episode shows up and I cannot stop smiling and laughing and screaming, what is this amazing miracle! :swoon:

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I can't loving believe Viktor was in love this whole time and was being so bold because Yuuri had been wasted so he thought he was in the clear.

Also I can't wait for the wedding. Which is suddenly not a joke.

This anime.

CherryCat
Feb 21, 2011

That's a strawberry.

College Slice
This episode man. I thought nothing could top 7, I was wrong.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

That answers so many questions about Victor and his motivations for coming.

That was lovely, and my day is tops now

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
One of the tumblrs said it best, the entirety of 2016 is the sacrifice we made for getting Yuri on Ice, the most perfect anime ever. :neckbeard:

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

I need to buy more merch to express my joy.

Oh look, Phichit's phone case. How convenient.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Remember when everyone was keeping their hopes in check, fearing the whole thing would stay on the level of teasing and never actually go anywhere?

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Phichit is obviously Yuuri's best man, but who is Viktor's? Discuss.

(Chris is the right answer.)

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
There isn't enough :kimchi: in the world. I've been burned enough on the promise of a good gay couple that I came in expecting plausible deniability or Another Tragic Gay Show, and instead it's been the beautiful journey of two people who feel hard for each other and brought out the best in each other and then put a ring on it.

It's a legit good show with a wonderful romance that happens to be gay and their relationship is treated as seriously and as normally as any straight couple would be.

And Phichit made it to the finals, this show is the best timeline.

witchcore ricepunk
Jul 6, 2003

The Golden Witch
Who Solved the Epitaph

A Probability of 1/2,578,917
Tight.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

Aaaaaaaaaaand suddenly Christophe grabbing Yuuri's butt has a somewhat reasonable context.

a cartoon duck posted:

Remember when everyone was keeping their hopes in check, fearing the whole thing would stay on the level of teasing and never actually go anywhere?

It's like queerbaitbait. A double bluff that plays on how jaded we are from past experience. It's the best kind of practical joke. :neckbeard:

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010
Oh my loving god

Slithy Toves
Oct 29, 2007
"Somehow it seems to fill my head with ideas--only I don't exactly know what they are!"

hopeandjoy posted:

Phichit is obviously Yuuri's best man, but who is Viktor's? Discuss.

(Chris is the right answer.)

Christophe and Phichit are the real MVPs of this show. Their speeches at the wedding will be the stuff of legend.

Blue Nation
Nov 25, 2012

I love the fact that Victor knew for months that Yuuri had eros within him. And that Yuuri might have won the dance-off against both Yurio and Chris.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Ahhh so cute with the snow/church scene :kimchi:

I can't wait for the OVAs.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
It went there, it did not stop from going there~

I think this is the first thing I've ever gotten into that fully committed to going there. This is like the charge I got when Homestuck first started to hint that it might go there, but it didn't actually do so.

I have been ruined, normal pretenses of representation will never satisfy me again.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Rand Brittain posted:

It went there, it did not stop from going there~

I think this is the first thing I've ever gotten into that fully committed to going there. This is like the charge I got when Homestuck first started to hint that it might go there, but it didn't actually do so.

I have been ruined, normal pretenses of representation will never satisfy me again.
i dont know how to tell you this op but plenty of things have gone there

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Endorph posted:

i dont know how to tell you this op but plenty of things have gone there

But they weren't things I was into.

The number of reasonably popular things that have two male main characters in a relationship is pretty darn low.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

I feel so lucky, also I guess I'm not gonna call Chris a gross boy anymore I just love the whole cast too much.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
God my boyfriend and I are loving this so much.

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

I can't believe Viktor was the most beautiful woman in town all along.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Gibbering posted:

I can't believe Viktor was the most beautiful woman in town all along.

But seriously though.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I just started crying hard on a train over gay figure skaters

Best show

E: I mean ffs Viktor's big secret we wondered about is that he's loved Yuuri all along, that his look when he saw yuuri's copycat routine was "do it, man, go to him"

Okuyasu Nijimura fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Dec 8, 2016

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

I can't stop screaming inside. Occasionally I read something and it bursts out. Why are my friends not caught up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I can't believe that was real.

I can't believe that really happened.

When Phichit straight up said it I nearly burst into tears. And then Victor. Holy poo poo.

I feel so...I don't know, validated. There's something about this show that just feels like it's specifically speaking to me and appealing to me and I can't put my finger on it. I love it. I want to rewatch the restaurant scene again and again and again.

• Locked thread