Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Kalli posted:

Hell, there's Patriots fans who loathe the Bills more then anything.

Like unless some toothless allentown methhead in a Thurman Thomas jersey tried to powerbomb your child into the bed of a Chevy, how could you hate those guys?

https://twitter.com/RobertKlemko/status/787689419281207296/photo/1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2016&wk=14

condolences to whoever's stuck with a cbs late game

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Parmesan Basil posted:

Hmm. Parm Was Right. But nobody listened and now look Where We Are. I hope KC gets blown the gently caress out.
I think being in the same company as the 2000 Ravens and 2015 Broncos w/r/t that particular stat is a good omen for the Chiefs but that's just me.

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future

Vertical Lime posted:

http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2016&wk=14

condolences to whoever's stuck with a cbs late game

Fuuuuuck

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

I think being in the same company as the 2000 Ravens and 2015 Broncos w/r/t that particular stat is a good omen for the Chiefs but that's just me.

Parm also thinks he's punishing other people by rooting for the Jags.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

shirts and skins posted:

I don't think the Seahawks are doing it this year, Thomas is too important to the defense and the offense isn't good enough to balance out the dropoff on that end.

So it'll be the Cowboys vs the Patriots in the Super Bowl, the perfect turd coda for the shittiest year.

please god let someone upset Dallas in the divisional

do the cowboys have Dak doing the hold for field goals by any chance

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Can you livetweet your inevitable psychotic breakdown you get from watching that game for us?

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Good luck, Chiefs. I hope the Raiders win, but if the Chiefs win the division I hope you get the #1 seed over the Pats.

Hopefully no major injuries for either team.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/LeviDamien/status/806597792323936256

Missing Karl Joseph will really help Alex's deep ball :haw:

I think the possibility of two missing DTs really makes the game look a bit easier.

Does Osemele have a decent back up?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

'85 Bears are in that discussion as far as points too I think I saw. The problem is the way KC is going about it is significantly different from any of those teams. All of those defenses were just suffocating, KC's about the bendiest bend but don't break defense ever.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

KC Fans do you think it's possible you guys cut Smith at the end of the year, swallow some cap money hit, and take a shot on Romo? I've been amusing myself with the possibility because from what I've read it wouldn't be a major hit.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Cheap Trick souvenirs posted:

KC Fans do you think it's possible you guys cut Smith at the end of the year, swallow some cap money hit, and take a shot on Romo? I've been amusing myself with the possibility because from what I've read it wouldn't be a major hit.

No. Smith could be gone if there was a decent replacement in the wings, but there isn't. We're not going to sidegrade to broke-rear end Tony Romo.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Good Will Hrunting posted:

Nick Perry is out this week, we can finally stop pretending the Packers have a shot at winning, let alone making the playoffs.

Counterpoint: Earl Thomas is gone. Green Bay should be able to get some pressure on that Seattle o-line. I think it will be a close game and the Packers win if Rodgers plays the way he has the last month.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

No Butt Stuff posted:

Yes, we have a really deep o-line.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Jay

Cutler

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

No Butt Stuff posted:

No. Smith could be gone if there was a decent replacement in the wings, but there isn't. We're not going to sidegrade to broke-rear end Tony Romo.

If Romos health was not an issue it would be a major upgrade

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Andy Reid loves..well he pretty much loves all players from what I can tell. But he's positively glowing about Alex Smith. Dorsey has control over personnel decisions but I'm sure Andy has a lot of input.

It's fun to think about but no, it'll never happen.

e: Yeah if, and I admit it's a big if, Tony Romo is capable of staying on the field there's absolutely no doubt he's an upgrade, what in the world?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

No Butt Stuff posted:

Parm also thinks he's punishing other people by rooting for the Jags.

Parm is the kind of guy who sees someone change lanes on the highway without signalling, so he tailgates them for several miles waiting for the chance to cut them off in retaliation.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Grittybeard posted:

e: Yeah if, and I admit it's a big if, Tony Romo is capable of staying on the field there's absolutely no doubt he's an upgrade, what in the world?

The big thing for idiots now is insisting that Romo is not good and has never been good because Prescott is also good and Dallas didn't immediately bench him for Romo.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

schweens posted:

Counterpoint: Earl Thomas is gone. Green Bay should be able to get some pressure on that Seattle o-line. I think it will be a close game and the Packers win if Rodgers plays the way he has the last month.

They will get some pressure up front but from the outside there's no way unless Peppers drinks some of Russell's magic water.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Although it's a small sample size, the difference between Earl Thomas and Steve Terrell at free safety doesn't seem to be as big as the difference between Kam Chancellor and Kelcie McCray at strong safety. Terrell got burned early in his games against TB and Carolina, but settled down afterward. When Kam is out, the defense looks lost, and our TE coverage falls apart. I don't think Seattle is going to fall apart without Earl Thomas - he's a stud, no doubt and will probably be in the HoF someday, but as long as other injuries on defense don't mount, the team can mitigate his loss.

I have no idea what to think about the Green Bay game, considering GB seems to be all over the place this year. If it was a few weeks ago, when GB's secondary was basically guys on the street, I'd just say "Wilson to Graham and Baldwin all day" and not worry about it.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
I agree that in small sample sizes he hasn't looked too Terrellble, but the limited times I've seen him in action previously were very not positive. Maaaaybe three years of Carroll coaching has helped his game. He's going to need it.

How mobile is Rodgers right now? How good is the o line? If Terrell can at least be decent, the Hawks are really healthy on front 7 and the pass rush should mitigate the deep threat...except that Rodgers has a knack for taking a few subtle steps away from pressure and nailing you with an off balance dime.

Of course, weather conditions may take away the deep threat pretty much entirely so :shrug:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

In 2015 the Chiefs had 0% odds to make the playoffs and they won a playoff game for the first time since 1993. This year they twice have had 1% odds to win the game and won.

Get on the bandwagon, this is the 2015 Royals all over again.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mcmagic posted:

NO MORE hotshot assistant who have no HC experience. They need someone with some level of gravitas. I wouldn't even fire Bowles unless they can get a coach with a proven track record.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

No Butt Stuff posted:

https://twitter.com/LeviDamien/status/806597792323936256

Missing Karl Joseph will really help Alex's deep ball :haw:

I think the possibility of two missing DTs really makes the game look a bit easier.

Playing in Arrowhead, in cold weather, with a good group of players missing vs the Chiefs clean injury report, in a prime time game does not look good for the Raiders

That being said: R, B.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

PLEASE

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

seiferguy posted:

I have no idea what to think about the Green Bay game, considering GB seems to be all over the place this year. If it was a few weeks ago, when GB's secondary was basically guys on the street, I'd just say "Wilson to Graham and Baldwin all day" and not worry about it.

Their secondary is still not good and the only semblance of a pass rush basically disappears when Perry is out. Mike Daniels needs to go full-on Mike Daniels to create any sort of pass rush up front and maybe you'll show him enough attention that somebody else can get home.

shirts and skins posted:

How mobile is Rodgers right now? How good is the o line? If Terrell can at least be decent, the Hawks are really healthy on front 7 and the pass rush should mitigate the deep threat...except that Rodgers has a knack for taking a few subtle steps away from pressure and nailing you with an off balance dime.

Rodgers seemed ok last game - not himself but not as gimpy as other times in his career. The deep threat is negligible and hasn't been part of the Packers game plan all year. If the Packers want to win this game they'll throw short passes in rhythm and run the ball very little. Jared Cook is probably a really favorable matchup for us and I hope to not see Richard Rodgers out there much at all, but Mike loves him for some reason.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Why would you think he'd be any better than Bowles?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

mcmagic posted:

Well he's an offensive coach so he'd at least suck in a different fashion. I think Haley could possibly be a pretty decent hire in the right situation. I kinda doubt the Jets are the right situation though.

Not indicative of his coaching but I noticed last week he's gone full mountain man with a huge beard.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
I'd love to see Todd Haley and the NYC media together, it would be wonderful viewing

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Grittybeard posted:

Well he's an offensive coach so he'd at least suck in a different fashion. I think Haley could possibly be a pretty decent hire in the right situation. I kinda doubt the Jets are the right situation though.

Not indicative of his coaching but I noticed last week he's gone full mountain man with a huge beard.

If we're talking about a lateral move I would just as soon give Bowles another year. I think that is what they are going to do too.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I feel like I'm dooming him but after thinking about what jobs are going to open up I kinda like Haley to the Jags.

Either he fixes Bortles or we get more gifs, pretty much no way to lose.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mcmagic posted:

I'm actually kinda of fine with Bowles for now. But Haley or Coughlin would be decent options should Woody take his cue from the back pages again and fire him.

Haley came up with the Jets and is a solid offensive guy. His father was a Jets guy. It's not the worst fit to allow him to develop a QB.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Wherever Haley goes he leaves a trail of well-developed WRs but I dunno how much of a QB guru he is

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

How many of Haley's issues in Kansas City can you really lay on him, and how much is the result of Bill Belichick's master plan to destroy the AFC West?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Simplex posted:

How many of Haley's issues in Kansas City can you really lay on him, and how much is the result of Bill Belichick's master plan to destroy the AFC West?

His GM was Pioli and QB was Cassel

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Throw

The

loving

Ball

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
Remember when last week's thread title was the browns can't lose in their bye week?

Well, they did

https://twitter.com/MaryKayCabot/status/806569615329525766

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Simplex posted:

The man was actually going insane toward the end in KC (well probably, that or Pioli really is as much of a monster as I imagine him to be). He wouldn't talk on the phone because he thought it was bugged, he wouldn't meet with reporters on Chiefs property outside of mandated press conferences. Even assuming he was just paranoid as hell this is the work environment Scott Pioli engendered.

Haley did a lot of things wrong in KC (not firing the OC he couldn't get along with his first year until halfway through preseason, installing a man who literally fell asleep during games as a puppet OC later on, etc). But I don't dislike him with anywhere near the passion I dislike Scott Pioli.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Grittybeard posted:

I feel like I'm dooming him but after thinking about what jobs are going to open up I kinda like Haley to the Jags.

Either he fixes Bortles or we get more gifs, pretty much no way to lose.

I won't touch him after he tainted himself with the Steelers. Jags are far too good for a slimebag like that.

• Locked thread